What to do 2 Theif won't swap?

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Q:

If you matchmaking in Ranked and get 2 Thief players, and they won’t swap, what can you do? Can Anet put in voting system to force the to swap? That way team majority can make one of them change. It is fair because PvP is a team game!

in PvP

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

its totally a good idea to force someone into their level 3 alt with a joke name & no experience.
If they don’t swap, play the game. Having two of one class isn’t game-ruining unless you’re one salty kitten and go AFK or stop trying.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

in PvP

Natto.5819

If the top players can AFK because they mad at match, then Anet can fix by making one of 2 Thief change.

Players should play more than Theif. I have Ranger, Thief, and Warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezok.2709

Rezok.2709

That’s an absolutely horrible idea. People payed to play a game. They can play whatever profession they want. What if they only have a thief? And even if they have something else, it’s not up to other players to decide what someone should play.

Players should play more than Theif. I have Ranger, Thief, and Warrior.

And to this; no. Players should play exactly how much they want. Congratulations on having 3 characters, I have all professions. Still, when I log into my thief I want to play thief, otherwise I’d have logged into something else. PuG PvP equals frustration from bad teammates, bad team comps and bad behaviour. That’s how it is in all games and it’s what happens when you allow different people to be randomly tossed together. Quit PvP if you don’t like it.

in PvP

Natto.5819

I play Rainbow 6 Siege, and in that game, you can only pick a class that isn’t already taken. Anet should do same. If someone pick Thief, then that class is gray out and unselectable. If you only have Thief, and it taken, you can opt out of match.

Team game means you play as team. Be nice to others and swap so you can win! Otherwise, people will yell in map chat at each other, and make game not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Don’t be silly! The solution you are looking for is match making that does not allow for profession stacking, likely combined with a system that prevents profession swapping simultaneously. Forcing a player into a play experience against their will is only going to result in trolling and idling around the map in protest.

In the meantime, considering your willingness to change to team comp by profession and/or build, aim to support the two thieves as best you can just as much as you’d aim to support any comp as best as possible. A good bet is probably something with great self sustain, decent damage, and plenty of cc so you can survive while the two thieves rotate to burst. Another option may be to suggest at least one thief goes staff to provide a more diverse role set to the team assuming the first is a standard dagger pistol setup.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I play Rainbow 6 Siege, and in that game, you can only pick a class that isn’t already taken. Anet should do same.

Except that sort of thing doesn’t really work in a game like GW2 for many reasons such as the classes have more differences/mechanics to learn so are much more varied, the game has a very different playerbase, is also an RPG, only has 9 (8 for non-HoT players) classes. etc.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Get one to run staff acro so it can 1v1, problem is DH is still stacked to oblivion and is a still a harder match up for acro thief.

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

In the meantime, considering your willingness to change to team comp by profession and/or build, aim to support the two thieves as best you can just as much as you’d aim to support any comp as best as possible. A good bet is probably something with great self sustain, decent damage, and plenty of cc so you can survive while the two thieves rotate to burst. Another option may be to suggest at least one thief goes staff to provide a more diverse role set to the team assuming the first is a standard dagger pistol setup.

This is probably the most mature approach – resign yourself to a two thief game and try to reorient yourself so you can make it work. Two thieves played well should make the other team very nervous about losing their points, which can work to your advantage. Mobility plus enough bunkering potential to hold a point until help arrives can win games. I’ve been on both the supporting and receiving end of a pair of thieves that went on to win the game.

If the thieves don’t know what they’re doing, you probably lost as soon as they were assigned to your team unless the other team was similarly handicapped. Sucks, but that’s how it is.

Problem is, a minute and a half isn’t very long to load in, recognise that neither thief is swapping, come up with a plan, and shift build or switch to another character, particularly if you’re experiencing long load times for whatever reason. (I’ve had a couple of times playing mesmer when I’ve admitted to the team that for party balance reasons I should swap, but I wasn’t confident that I’d load back in before the match started.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in PvP

Posted by: JOHNNY.7364

JOHNNY.7364

Nope, this is just stupid. How do you want to force people to play other class? They bought the game, so they can do whatever they want as long as it’s legal. If they mess around they will get banned.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Tell Anet to fix their mistake of not stopping/limiting class stacking, it’s not the Players job to fix other people’s mistakes, if only there was a poll recently that had an outcome that would have limited class stacking, oh wait there was.

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

I usually go staff if the other thief is D/P so I can 1v1 and he can +1. Or vice versa

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Why does this seem to happen only with thieves? Why not mesmer, necromancer, elementalist, engineer, ranger, or even revenant? Does every stubborn person have a thief alt “cuz stelth is cool”?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

Move on with your life…

in PvP

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

I’ll throw in my 2cents here and mirror some of the thoughts here.

I don’t swap for a couple of the reasons already listed.
-I logged on to play X character/class today.
-I don’t trust the load-times to get me back in time. It probably would be ok in most cases but it’s an unknown variable.

And knowing that, I’m fine with playing with or against a stacked team. I figure non-swappers are in the same boat as me.

Now if swapping characters or builds was as easy as TF2, I would absolutely swap around if it was really needed. As is though, we don’t have build saving or class selection on game start.

Why does this seem to happen only with thieves? Why not mesmer, necromancer, elementalist, engineer, ranger, or even revenant? Does every stubborn person have a thief alt “cuz stelth is cool”?

I’ve seen Ranger, Necro, Guard, and War stacked teams (3 or more) this season alone. It happens. Might vary based on ranking.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

cuz thief have a very specific role and 1 is enough to fullfill it, two thief comp can work but it needs a very especific setup to work and much cordination: or all team playing mobility game or the other 3 being heavy bunkers to hold one point and letting the 2 thief messing around with the other 2 points and fast +1 to equilibrate 5vs3 on holded point if the rivals tries to bruteforce it by zerking

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

none of you are going to be able to convince someone who dont play gw2 as their primary game that people shouldn’t be forced to switch. In their minds all necros are condi all thieves are stealth dps all eles are healer etc…..

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

Swap to Ele and support them duhhhhh?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I play Rainbow 6 Siege, and in that game, you can only pick a class that isn’t already taken. Anet should do same. If someone pick Thief, then that class is gray out and unselectable. If you only have Thief, and it taken, you can opt out of match.

Take that cute little idea by the neck, strangle it till it dies, hog tie it to a cinderblock and chunk it over a tall bridge. Idc if there’s water or not.

I only play one class buddy.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Take that cute little idea by the neck, strangle it till it dies, hog tie it to a cinderblock and chunk it over a tall bridge. Idc if there’s water or not.

I only play one class buddy.

what if the bridge is really tall itself but the drop is only like 3 feet? Then his idea would just get a boo boo.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Nickel.7918

Nickel.7918

The averarge player have no idea how to play pvp…. its a bad idea..the random grp are hell..and premade one is not possible now…gg anet

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

The flaw in this reasoning is – if a character can’t thief, what makes you so sure they can play any other class? Just because a player can’t do something doesn’t mean they can immediately do something else.

I personally think blind group/build selection and the community are to blame – if I want to play a role in the team, then I want to ensure my team can support what I want to do. And the community as a whole has gotten so bad that asking for advice/tactics in a pvp PuG ranked game ranges from silence to “go play unranked” to “go kill yourself”.

in PvP

Posted by: skoobydoo.9246

skoobydoo.9246

can they ban thief under 1800 rating?i kid you not almost every single lose i have is when i have thief.duo thief….you can go afk there is no way to win.there is no hope at all to win as duo thief

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

If you matchmaking in Ranked and get 2 Thief players, and they won’t swap, what can you do? Can Anet put in voting system to force the to swap? That way team majority can make one of them change. It is fair because PvP is a team game!

I had a 3 thief team in ranked and totally rekt the other team. You have to play to the strength of your team. You have to realize you aren’t going to be able to face tank on nodes, but you will have a big mobility advantage. You want to isolate people and put them down fast. If it is a group fight try to separate people from the group. As with anything, if you have too many people playing poorly, or people that won’t adapt to the team composition you won’t do well.

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

Not all thiefs use stealth. Stop being classist! :P

Also, some of us don’t have the time to learn other classes and have chosen to focus on, and get good with, just one class. Learn to adapt and deal with what comes.

(edited by JonnyForgotten.4276)

in PvP

Posted by: Gretzel.6790

Gretzel.6790

Team game means you play as team. Be nice to others and swap so you can win! Otherwise, people will yell in map chat at each other, and make game not fun.

When I play on my necro I win 1v3s and get easy wins most of the kitten time. When I’m on mesmer I get 15 loss streaks but oddly sometimes win 1v3s anyway. Forcing someone to play a specific class they don’t want to/don’t know how to play will start giving you the same problems that LoL used to be plagued with: people having an absolute meltdown and leaving the match/throwing the game because they didn’t get the role they wanted.

in PvP

Posted by: skoobydoo.9246

skoobydoo.9246

Also, some of us don’t have the time to learn other classes and have chosen to focus on, and get good with, just one class. Learn to adapt and deal with what comes.

this is the problem with Thief mentality.you tell the rest of us to learn to adapt when you yourself refuse to and say " i dont have time to learn other classes so i dont swap"

in PvP

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

this is the problem with Thief mentality[…]

Excelsior.

Don’t be silly, it’s apparently a problem of both sides in that matter. Nobody wants to switch for obvious reasons. Don’t blame it on thieves while you are contradicing yourself in your own twisted reasoning.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

You should adapt. Find a class you can play well that pairs with thief and swap to it.

I use Druid and will focus more on support and mobility when 2 thieves are on my team. They have really high damage output so just keep them alive and pick them up when they fall. Be fast, move, move, move. It can be difficult to hold a point with 2 thieves, so the best thing is to try to snowball the enemy team.

My 2 cents…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Ask Anet to give thieves semi decent build that doesn’t rely on being ONLY thief on team. Double/tripple thieves were fine in first year of this game or so, then devs changed and decided to butcher the class while not fixing class stacking which resulted in a lot of lopsided matches and absurd amount of player griefing. For some reason Anet thinks players should be somehow fixing issues that devs created on purpose.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Broadly speaking, because with a typical team each of those professions stack better than thieves. Getting two of some of those professions can still be a bad sign (two elementalists, for instance, can mean not enough damage output), but they can still dive into a teamfight and not immediately explode like a bad thief.

I think player mindset might also play a part. Most of those professions are known for requiring a more advanced level of play, and people who choose them either develop a degree of competence in using them or give up on them. Thief/rogue/assassin classes, on the other hand, tend to attract players to that class because it’s considered to be cool (possibly inspired by a character from another setting – kittenassins in GW1, for example, had a derogatory nickname based on the presumption that they were inspired by Naruto). It’s possible that the same cycle of getting better or getting out applies to thieves as well, but the supply of newbie thieves is just that much bigger.

So when you combine a high skill floor (possibly the highest in the game for sPvP at the moment), a higher population of players that play the profession despite not having reached that skill floor, and a higher burden on other team members to adapt when the profession is stacked on their team… well, it’s a bad combination.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

In this season more than most, I’ve won games with 2 thieves on my team, and lost games to two thieves on the other team. IMO its not that big of an issue anymore.

Won a diamond ranked game in season 4 with three thieves on my team lol.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I switch to make our team have a 3rd thief then play the mobility game on sides and spiking any who leave alone for a point.

Can’t team fight with 2 Thieves on the team so might aswell adapt and change.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

This is only a problem due to arena net’s fascination with d/p. D/p thieves don’t stack well together. and since every thief is running d/p, well it’s an uphill battle.

While s/d and staff are not as optimal when +1ing they make up for that by being a bit stronger in teamfights (they give you enough sustain to prolong a fight to get reinforcements)

Op, convince one of the thief’s to swap his weapon set. If you get the one on staff or s/d to cover home / mid, while the d/p thief cover’s mid / far you will have a higher chance to win.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I am offering the first thief to switch 10 to 20 gold.

If they don’t, I try to not go on team fight nor holding point cause thief will not hold much in even fight with you.

On 300 thief, only 30 are decent enough to play a two thief comp and win.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: garkos.2973

garkos.2973

this topic makes me lol again and again,
back in season 4 we 5 – premade and played duothief
why?, because the 2 playing thief played as main and it was their fav class and it worked well we won about 70%-90% of our games.

Also at the end of season 5 i (as theif player) gave in to the players crying for a switch,
in one game i remember it well i randomly got another friend of myself in my team
while everyone cried for me to switch to ele (which i did)
he whispered me wtf are you doing go back to thief…
as he knew i m pleb at other classes because i don t play them much in pvp (as i have less fun with them)
but most players seem to ignore the fact, so i went in as ele and always instadied withing 15 seconds, noone complained (exception my friend who said to never ever reroll, he hated me very much in that game rofl)

if i stay thief and the ele rushes far alone and denies me my decap game and instadies there, or if necro runs in alone into mid vs 3 and instadies people always blame the thief.

CLASS MMR is needed***

and for all those watching at the classcomps out there, there is way more than just classes, ive seen people reroll to dh because my team had 2 thieves and we didn t reroll and those dhs died in 1v1 vs one of the thieves

rerolling is not the answer, play the class you re best with your main class(classes maybe?)
but don t force someoen to switch because your brain is dmg and you think this game is only about classes.
so much nonsense in the gw2 community

in PvP

Posted by: garkos.2973

garkos.2973

Ps: if double thief don t paly static as if you have 5 bunkers in your team, use your brains thx

and doble thief team comps op if the other 3 know how to play with them

(edited by garkos.2973)