What to do when someone costs you a game?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I just lost a game because one of my team mates let me down. How do you deal with such a situation in PvP. I tried to tell him that it was his fault but he got found innocent of blame by our team mates. I was in shock, and this caused the break up of our party.

How should you deal with allocating the blame in pvp?

P.s. I won’t name the player who cost me the game but his initials were P.H.D.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

smackity smack, don’t talk back!

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

are you sure he could ress you ? if i have not the right skill ready and there is an enemy many time it is better to let one die …. and keep the point …( usually i try to ress if i am under fire if i have elixir S up or mistform us … otherwise it is a suicide )

in PvP

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Whine about it on the forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

I know PHD, and he’s a very decent player, also, he’s formulating himself very well considering, his mother tongue isn’t english, I believe (I’ve heard). This Phd-guy.. Yeah, I know him. He analyze a game, and he copes with the happening in a defensive way with, one might say, not playing at all. Last game he played, was really well-played. I saw his stream, and I had no doubt at his intensions and his execution of his ideas, taken into account of my reviews of top player ESL streams. This lead me to the conclusion, that you were in a game where he considered the team mate’s value as incoherent, and decided not to play at his fullest. I think this is a l2p-issue in which you, under observation of your earlier posts, have concluded many times before in other balance scenarios. A balance scenario, where you were a victim, and in that case offended. I hope this will help you cope.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I just lost a game because one of my team mates let me down. How do you deal with such a situation in PvP. I tried to tell him that it was his fault but he got found innocent of blame by our team mates. I was in shock, and this caused the break up of our party.

Ph Dusk? or was it an engie with the name PhD

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

roasted.. phd in stomponomics..

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I know PHD, and he’s a very decent player, also, he’s formulating himself very well considering, his mother tongue isn’t english, I believe (I’ve heard). This Phd-guy.. Yeah, I know him. He analyze a game, and he copes with the happening in a defensive way with, one might say, not playing at all. Last game he played, was really well-played. I saw his stream, and I had no doubt at his intensions and his execution of his ideas, taken into account of my reviews of top player ESL streams. This lead me to the conclusion, that you were in a game where he considered the team mate’s value as incoherent, and decided not to play at his fullest. I think this is a l2p-issue in which you, under observation of your earlier posts, have concluded many times before in other balance scenarios. A balance scenario, where you were a victim, and in that case offended. I hope this will help you cope.

Well aside from 3rd person talking…phd is pretty right, i know the feeling..when u just…give up..

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Not very much of a competitor if he just gives up.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Got found innocent in Gruntled Court and now all happy with yourself are you mate?

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

There is literally nothing you can do about it because we play a team game. you have chosen to queue with random people who WILL throw your games from time to time.

Yea, it sucks to lose because some guy didn’t take the most blatantly obvious course of action. It sucks A LOT! It’s rage inducing, soul sucking and demeaning, but that’s what it means to be a part of a team.

The way I’ve handled it after over 14k queue’d games is to just focus on what I do instead. If you do the best that YOU can in a given situation, even if that situation is just a giant mess because of your team, then that’s all YOU can do right?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Master Charles.7093

Master Charles.7093

bro bro bro bro bro: you’re just 1 man on a 5 man team. You’re only 20% responsible for every win OR loss you’ve ever had. That being the original reason why leaderboards never meant a thing to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

bro bro bro bro bro: you’re just 1 man on a 5 man team. You’re only 20% responsible for every win OR loss you’ve ever had. That being the original reason why leaderboards never meant a thing to me.

I like to think about it in terms of being 1 man in a 10 man game.

Sadly though, the way the game is set up is that if one person falls flat on their face the entire team suffers consequences that they can’t even understand because they weren’t the ones who screwed up.

If something goes wrong somewhere on the map, your entire team suffers for minutes on end. The game is a steamroll if done right, and if your team screws up you can expect to get absolutely shrekt.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

BM them, call them a noob, and add in some creative profanity when they reply.

If they are friends: Call them out on it and if they disagree inform them that you think their playstyle is incompatible with you and it would make good sense not to queue together.

Or just laugh it off, move on, and never play with that person again.

Think: What would a league of legends player say?

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

i thought his ing would be phd in kittensucking kappa

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I post on the forums about it

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Just let the tears flow and walk away.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

don’t try to instruct them. don’t whisper them, don’t give them feedback. the player is already doing poorly, so he’ll get really defensive and wont listen to you. he’s already feeling like kitten probably. the best thing to do in these situations is to accept the defeat and play your best to try to win.

people must be ready to improve, and the first step is admitting that they are the problem, not their team. there is nothing you can do except to lead by example.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

You take it in stride and don’t whine about it; you can be angry but unless this PHD was afk (which should be reportable) there’s little you can do about team mates lacking skill.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Also don’t bother playing crap that’s only going to work with team coordination in ranked que.

You get the most ridiculously incompetent people it’s not even funny. Also the match making system is still bad, sometimes you will get que’d against a top player and four decent premades while you yourself gets que’d with 4 randoms who have no idea what to do.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

are you reffering to axe warriors with frenzy, rampage and defiant stance?

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You take it in stride and don’t whine about it; you can be angry but unless this PHD was afk (which should be reportable) there’s little you can do about team mates lacking skill.

He wasnt afk but often i wished he was! This dude was a shout warrior too and he still cost me the game. All he did was moan about the guardian on the other team having loads of blocks and blinds. Then blamed me and our thief for the loss

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

it’s a team game. It matters very little whose fault it is. you suck it up and let them learn because if you don’t know how to present constructive criticism in a non abrasive way(which is insanely hard via text boxes) it’s not helping anyone. You keep playing aware you’re not going to agree with their approach sometimes and absolutely vice versa but no one is definitively wrong. Respect your team mates approaches and expect the same in return. When it stops being fun stop playing or you’re just gonna wind up with something broken.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

tell him hes bad and if he disagrees 1v1 him and own him

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Deal with it and move on.

If it’s too much to deal with…maybe it’s time to log off and take a break from the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Dude, learn to play well with others. YOU caused the team to break up.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Drop it if you value him as a friend or team member. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Blame the necromancer and tell him that he is useless if someone (no matter who it is) costs you the game.
If you do not have one, bring one so you can blame him/her. Simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

http://i.imgur.com/ZxqkeAo.png here is a picture related to topic.

in PvP

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Buy a straw.

It’s a team effort, if you think assigning blame for every mistake will get you anywhere, you are mistaken. Your attitude is what causes more moral drops than anything. If you saw a flaw in the way he played, point it out tactfully without saying “You made us lose cuz u is bad, gg scrub” and the person will probably listen to what you have to say, assuming you have a corrective action. I’ll give you an example:

Wrong: “U bad nub, fight on point baddy, u make us lose, uninstall gw2 nub. Scrub.”
Right: “Hey dude, try to fight on point next time, we will have an easier time securing a win that way.”

The reason I say this is because it seems almost every other match I watch one negative player bring down the whole team, and kitten everyone on both teams off. The player that makes mistakes doesn’t usually cost as much as the player with a horrible attitude that rages at everyone.

Teef master race

in PvP

Posted by: choucs.4507

choucs.4507

You rage, scream and sh talk and complain on forum, ofc.

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Probably try to stay positive. I find that more important than anything.

Try not to care too much about win or loss or the scoreboard.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in PvP

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

People tend to remember the one bad thing that happens to them far longer then they remember the 10 things that were done right.