What to do with cheater/hacker screenshots?

in PvP

Posted by: Stele.4950

Stele.4950

I have two screenshots from two separate games of a player who can’t be stomped. In one he’s claiming it’s latency in map chat.

Where should I post or send them?

I reported him for ‘botting’ in game but there was no space for detail.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It is not hacking, those people are actually lagging. When lag occurs the actual player position and displayed one are different due to delayed sync (this happens a lot when target was middle of movement, e.g knockback, when they went down). If you have any kind of targeted gap closer (e.g. shadowshot) or ranged attacks, just target the player and use the spells – you will notice their actual “body” is not where it is displayed. On the bright side, their teammates can’t rez them as well so you can just cleave the body without worrying about that person getting up.

Same issue happens in pve (raids, fractals) – sometimes lagging players go in downstate and you can’t rez them because their body is desynced. They surely not gain anything from it :P

As side note: report player (actual hackers, griefers, exploiters etc.) in game results in nothing from my experience.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

Not being able to stomp can be caused by latency.

If they’re moving around impossibly fast and appear to be teleporting while doing so -like this guy- , then they’re speedhacking.

Either way you may as well send a report. Wiki says use “botting” option.

in PvP

Stele.4950

Isn’t the same guy doing it in two different games a little suspicious though?

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Not really. If he has a bad connection, it’s not gonna fix itself between games.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Navajas.3147

Navajas.3147

It’s a well known hack. Don’t get yourself fooled. Same thing they use for teleportating around the map – not sure about the mechanic but there will be others who can explain it.

You can report it under Support to Customer Service btw, I did the same last time (although they asked me to report it in game, obviously which noone cares about)

Heroes’ Ascent.. hero
Long White Hair – among others

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

It can be a latency issue. And when this is the case his team also can’t revive him. I’ve seen that dozens of times in PvP and WvW – including some ragekids complaining “why no rez me? noob!”.

E.g. yesterday in WvW: Met a druid – downed him – could not stomp him. Pet ressed him. Killed him again. This time I could stomp him.

in PvP

Stele.4950

Not really. If he has a bad connection, it’s not gonna fix itself between games.

The two games were 10-12 hours apart.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

And? Some people just have crappy Internet man.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

And? Some people just have crappy Internet man.

And one time it can be the servers, the other his internet, it really means nothing. AFA Hacking goes this is definitely not a blatant sign.

The teleport video tho… that was terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You know there are massive issues with NCSOFT servers since latest patches (last 2-3 weeks now)? And no, it is not issue with ISP in a lot of cases. If you actually run pingplotter or just old fashioned tracert analysis you will see that the package loss and huge ping spikes start at last hop to NCSOFT servers (e.g. yesterday i measured 20 ms, 0 package loss till NCSOFT servers and then 900+ ms and 33% package loss at their servers, the match was unplayable, players were lagging and someone even DC’d and couldn’t come back and yes there were unstoppable/unrezzable bodies there).

I suggest you to go try to pug raids, there is plenty of players suffering from this issue there and groups can’t rez them due to desync.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>