What was most frustrating issue this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I’ll be first to admit I hate losing. No loss is really enjoyable though some are far more frustrating than others.

Sure I hate poor matchmaking where one team face rolls the other. It’s no fun to be on the side of a beat down but conversely I have lots of fun giving the beat down.

What I hate most is losing matches my team should have won. Ones where you are up big and then inexplicably your team falls apart. I had several matches this season where clearly we were the better team. Just destroyed the enemy team in every even match up. But then my team decides to scatter and end up being outnumbered in every fight and it just snowballs.

Typical scenario – start with capping home and getting mid. Crush enemy in 4v4 at mid – all 4 dead. My plan is simple – let’s lock down home and mid and rotate between 2 as needed to keep fights even since they can’t beat us in even fight. But every time, 2 guys peel off to go far despite the fact that all 4 enemies will respawn there and fifth is sitting there. They off course wipe and then the enemy just rotates numbers back to mid. Rest of match, allies just run in to random points one st a time and get farmed. Enemy just focuses 2 points. Annoying!

in PvP

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

People duo capping home. Why? Happens even in gold and plat sometimes

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Matchmaker inaccuracy.

I’d rather wait 10 minutes in queue between games if it resulted in stronger team parity. If you queued at any time outside of reset after the first two weeks of the season, you’d have people literally in silver on your team when you were in platinum.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Solstace.2514

People duo capping home. Why? Happens even in gold and plat sometimes

Lol. True. Fortunately I only had 1 match this season where that happened.

in PvP

Solstace.2514

Matchmaker inaccuracy.

I’d rather wait 10 minutes in queue between games if it resulted in stronger team parity. If you queued at any time outside of reset after the first two weeks of the season, you’d have people literally in silver on your team when you were in platinum.

Yeah that was an issue I noted as well. Should never have silver and platinum players in a same match. what’s worse is that it’s usually one team that gets a few silver players and other had all plat. Duo queue may explain some of it but I saw teams of 5 solos with that problem, too

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Duo queues! Once I started queuing into matches with nothing but solo queues did I start moving back up in MMR…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It has to be match making and the +/- system.

It makes no sense when people Duo que and are 1800+ and they face 1600 or lower and the 1600 lose 12+ points in a match they didnt have a chance to score 200 in.

This is like back in 9th grade when the coaches made the c-team play varsity, there you at least had coaches to tell what everyone was doing wrong.

Here you have games all over the place with only negative effects.

Side note- No leader board on the forums, we have a leader board page yet no PvP leader Board.

in PvP

Posted by: Habitax.8124

Habitax.8124

I think the initial 10 matches for placement were extremely frustrating due to poor sample size. Players final season placement depends too heavily on these initial 10 pre-qualifying matches. I talked to guild mates and friends and those initial placement matches pretty much solidify where you will end the season. ( plus/minus 150 pts. )
I looked at this seasons win/loss rate for me ( 465 matches ) ~50% win/loss ratio and compared some of my guild mates and friends win/loss rate. We all were pretty close to 50% win/loss ratio. Why is this frustrating? I experienced great win streaks with teams that obviously knew what to do. But, I also experienced very frustrating losing streaks where it seemed like the opposing team was stacked with experienced pvp players and the losing team was stacked with casuals pvpers and players that were only there to farm Ascended gear. I have no problem with casuals playing pvp, just don’t put them in match-ups with people that play pvp almost daily.

Solution: There needs to be more pre-qualifying match-ups to give a better over-all representation for starting rank. Also, reward pvpers that play more often than not. Group casuals vs. casuals and active pvpers vs. active pvpers. I suggest a 2 week preseason of 25 match minimum to pre-qualify for initial season placement. In pre-season have each win count as 2(x) points and a loss as 1(x) point towards initial placement. Set initial player season rank according to how many pre-season points each gained . Players that are casual will have lower points due to less repetitions but it will also let them face similar style opponents. Players that rep. pvp often will have higher initial rank points due to being more active. To reduce long queues, keep the amount casuals and regulars on each team balanced. An example would be 4 players on each team have 200+ games played in the season while 1 player on each team have less than -50 games played.

(edited by Habitax.8124)

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

PvE attraction. No ascended rewards next season please. Helps PvE people, not PvPers. It’s nice I admit, albeit unnecessary. All it does is attract people who don’t try and just want the rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Habitax.8124

Habitax.8124

PvE attraction. No ascended rewards next season please. Helps PvE people, not PvPers. It’s nice I admit, albeit unnecessary. All it does is attract people who don’t try and just want the rewards.

You are spot on. I saw many matches were people were obviously abusing the rewards system. I had about 5 people outright tell the /team, or /map that they were only there for the rewards and didnt care if they won or lost.

in PvP

Posted by: cryokro.6270

cryokro.6270

Instantly requeu-ing after a lost match. Timer instantly pops just to be matched with the same teammembers from last game. Most of the times we lost that game too.

I would rather wait 10minuts to play with/against other players than to lose 2 (or more) games in a row.

Losing rating feels worse than losing pips when there is nothing you can do about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Never saw this in gold and plat.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Lack of tutorial for new players. I can understand new players not being able to make value judgement over things like beasts and capping points, but the cases where they don’t even know the basic mechanics of the game is a problem. One frequently mentioned, two people capping the same point because they think it caps faster.

in PvP

Posted by: Twyn.7320

Twyn.7320

Honestly, three things:

1) Being matched with awful team-members who must have been carried to a certain skill rating by a friend.

2) I won’t complain about DH being too OP, but trap spamming is a painful time for any ‘squishy’ class.

3) Rangers can somehow shoot through stealth for Thief with Rapid Fire. If it’s the condi issue, it’d be nice to have a condi cleanse on Blinding Powder to remove 2-3 conditions when you enter stealth. (Correct me if I’ve missed something pls!)

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Duo queues and the broken mm.

[HUE]

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

You are spot on. I saw many matches were people were obviously abusing the rewards system. I had about 5 people outright tell the /team, or /map that they were only there for the rewards and didnt care if they won or lost.

But one another note. Looking back at those highly unbalanced team match ups. I even seen some extreme screen shots of two duos of ESL going up against a team of 5 gold/silver solo queuers. How can anyone in their right minds expect people who see that type of stuff match after match to even care about anything other then rewards at that point. So we even talk about the idlers and trolls that forces teams to lose because PvE ascended gear for losing is faster to get in a match you’ve lost in 4 to5 minutes rather then actually try to win a match that takes 7 to 10 minutes. Then to top it off you have players in the the top 50 talking down to other players in bronze while, cheating to get and maintain their position on the leader boards.

How do anyone expect a actually PvPer to continue to actually play such a farce. Let alone take it seriously. I’m pretty sure the reason for the mid to end of Season 5 was beyond bad because. Most of the true PvPers who was trying to be competitive, win and prove themselves. Simply got fed up with the garbage that ANet was refusing to clean up. Until they hit another critical population crisis in PvP towards the end.

In the end it’s a MMORPG and most of the decent PvPers that didn’t get to see their work worth anything in Season 5. Simply more then likely. They either stopped PvPing and only plays GW2 for it’s PvE, and now PvPs in PvP games that focuses on PvP(Like Myself), or have just quit GW2 altogether.

Honest I believe with the population crisis GW2’s PvP has be facing for a while. With no meaningful treatment from the Devs, for many many months. To simply put it. The PvP scene in GW2 got plagued with severe cancer. Instead of ANet working to cured the cancer right away. ANet decide to just treat some of the symptoms and not the cause. In the end because of the lack of resources and manpower towards the actual treatment and cure. GW2’s PvP mode is now terminally ill, on life support, just waiting for those who have a say. To pull the cord in order to end it’s misery.

Only thing for the dedicated GW franchise fans to hope for. A.) Is that ANet just do away with it’s verison, of capure and hold point conquest. And make a whole different PvP game mode for GW2. B.) The dedicated GW franchise fans can hope GW3 if it ever comes to be is built with PvP and Guild vs. Guild in mind, and not just PvE and Expansion power creep.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

3 thieves on one team because of daily while 3 necros on the other due to daily

I would like to see daily AP only able to be gained from unranked arena so there aren’t skewed matches just for someone to get their match in for a day on a class they rarely play.
Also, if they are queuing with so many of the same class how hard is it for Anet to say..hey, lets put 2 on this team and 2 on that rather than all four squishies on one team?

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

class stacking, people capping close in a threesome, players who randomly stealth you so you canĀ“t decap a point (which made me lose a game once)

in PvP

Posted by: ThePahkage.2684

ThePahkage.2684

Before accepting a match, the ratings of all 9 other players could be shown and you could have to agree to the match.

Would add time to match making process, but would solve unfair matchups

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Expected to climb through Silver fighting Platinums/Legendaries/Top 20 players….

I like the matches, they are usually good fun but it’s the way the system is designed that kittens me, I have to beat those top players to earn my place in Gold instead of beating other Silvers to get to Gold.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.