What would be a good ranged DPS class.

in PvP

Posted by: Neosamuel.3459

Neosamuel.3459

I am currently leveling an Elementalist, but am seeing the problem that much of my DPS requires me to ride the lightning in and get into melee. Truth be told I do not like fighting at melee range and the fire aoes are not the kind of damage I am looking for.

I want to avoid Necro as I prefer to see my attacks come from something rather than wave a scepter around and boom, dots.

What are my other options for someone who prefers to keep their distance in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I think ranger/druid is a good choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Your best bet would probably be Dragonhunter/Guardian as it is primarly ranged damage dealer, has bursty nature, can maintain range and it’s longbow isn’t boring.

Wouldn’t suggest Druid/Ranger. Ranger longbow isn’t that good and even if picked it’s more for annoying knockback than damage, while Staff isn’t really an interesting damage dealing range weapon because all the damage comes from beam autoattack and has supportive nature.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Ranger or guardian elite spec.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

But you can´t use a bow without 80 + get the skill points for mastery on guardian.
Also druid has a pet that makes life much easier.

Ah i personaly play elementalist with scepter. But in pvp this is considered weak.
So if you like ele try staff and scepter.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

longbow/staff druid with quick draw is the best all ranged option

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

But you can´t use a bow without 80 + get the skill points for mastery on guardian.
Also druid has a pet that makes life much easier.

Ah i personaly play elementalist with scepter. But in pvp this is considered weak.
So if you like ele try staff and scepter.

It was asked on PvP forum and mentioned as for PvP, so PvE leveling doesn’t matter beyond lvl 2.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Honestly I prefer just chucking hammers for 2~5k autoattacks on rev and 10k #2 on a 4s cd… GG ANET!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

longbow/staff druid with quick draw is the best all ranged option

this is an excellent build. highly rewarding, super fun, and with a huge amount of room to grow your skill.

rev hammer is super fun, as is DH (medi trapper is my go to build for PvP. got sick of engi and warrior is trash, so had to fall back on the only other class I have a year of PvP play on). LB druid is special though. a lot of builds to choose from, a lot of ways you can clutch fights. so much room to grow.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i agree with what you said but its a cheesy and forgiving build. you can beat people with more skill then you which is why its effective.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Scrapper with Nades and Rifles.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/