Whats With The Bad Match-ups again?

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

I would rather vote to bring SoloQ back. SoloQ’ers should NEVER face any premades nor parties of 2-3-4. Even with SAME’ish MMR, VOIP gives a too big advantage.

LoL puts DuoQ’ers into SoloQ and I don’t think there’s a much negativity about that.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

I would rather vote to bring SoloQ back. SoloQ’ers should NEVER face any premades nor parties of 2-3-4. Even with SAME’ish MMR, VOIP gives a too big advantage.

LoL puts DuoQ’ers into SoloQ and I don’t think there’s a much negativity about that.

Ye, its community is very fine and happy. (Most Toxic Community known to man)
Also, u cant compare LoL to GW2 PvP at all. Some ‘roles’ are the same, but no way is the strat etc the same

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: napooz.1986

napooz.1986

My last 3 matches were against premades. I solo qued. Asked my team and they said also that they are solo.
I like pvp, but this kind of bad matches only makes me lose interest totally continuing playing pvp. Solo team vs premade doesn’t stand much chances. It is pretty much free win for them right at start of the match. Is this even supposed to happen, really?
If I solo join, it would be fair all the other players were also solo, like the old system was. Please bring it back, if I keep getting these bad matches vs premades I surely won’t stick around for long. I don’t think I am the only one who thinks same way…

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Also, u cant compare LoL to GW2 PvP at all. Some ‘roles’ are the same, but no way is the strat etc the same

Its toxicity doesn’t stem from the possibility to duoq.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Its toxicity doesn’t stem from the possibility to duoq.

Nor can u compare GW2 with LoL, totally different.
Class Stacking, Roles, Conquest etc etc

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

What’s an MMR?

Can you eat it? Been watching a lot of cooking programs, so I know some stuff about preparing food now

golden

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

(edited by Aenye.2390)

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

So it isn’t just me having a degenerative brain disease or my bad luck? Every game I get in, I play (from my point of view) very well, I kill almost everything I engage and I die once or not at all (I’m a thief). Despite defending close and maintaining mid all game, we somehow lose. People aren’t bad, they’re just matched with a whole other part of the pvp community. I get starters in my team, like r10 or 20 while their team gets a coordinated bunch of people that are often from competitive guilds and teams.
An hour prior to me typing this message, I had an ele that keeps rushing far and dying to a turret engi after each won mid fight. So, we have close intact, we go mid and win a teamfight. Then he waits around a bit, like he’s syncing with their spawn, and when he decides their about to spawn, he leaves close and rushes far. They realize this (every time, obviously) and let him suicide on turret engi whilst they get close. He did this every time we actually get back on our feet and stabilize mid and close.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Man, I lost like 100 spots and 5-6% ratio because of matchmaking in 2 days.. Wtf is this she.t?

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

So it isn’t just me having a degenerative brain disease or my bad luck? Every game I get in, I play (from my point of view) very well, I kill almost everything I engage and I die once or not at all (I’m a thief). Despite defending close and maintaining mid all game, we somehow lose. People aren’t bad, they’re just matched with a whole other part of the pvp community. I get starters in my team, like r10 or 20 while their team gets a coordinated bunch of people that are often from competitive guilds and teams.
An hour prior to me typing this message, I had an ele that keeps rushing far and dying to a turret engi after each won mid fight. So, we have close intact, we go mid and win a teamfight. Then he waits around a bit, like he’s syncing with their spawn, and when he decides their about to spawn, he leaves close and rushes far. They realize this (every time, obviously) and let him suicide on turret engi whilst they get close. He did this every time we actually get back on our feet and stabilize mid and close.

I just had a game where I scored 270 didn’t die once and we lost by 200 pts . I think anet is trying to make me quit this game. I might just tank my mmr by ld 10 matches in a row and maybe get some better matches that way.

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I also lose ranking points whenever I try to play. I was at rank 3xx. Now I’m 6xx. Gonna try again tomorrow I guess; although I’m afraid I’ll end up at 7xx or 8xx even, without being able to do anything about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

My experience tonight:
Game 1: I was on a five man PUG guardian team, it didn’t end well
Game 2: Against 3 turret Engineers and players over extended
Game 3: player dc’d
Game 4: players over extended even when we had lost home.

I’m not that great of a player, but I’ve still enjoyed pvp up until this latest test season. I know Anet needs data, but these match-ups are just too aggravating. Sorry Anet, but I’m going to take a little break from pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Seriously, I would like a dev to play solo queue on Twitch, just to prove to us that matchmaking for solo queues are balanced and fair. Not just 1 game but at least 30 games in a row. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won 1 game and then lost 4 in a row and then roflstomped and another game and lost another 4 and then rolfstomped another and so on.

This. And not one of the devs that is great at the game with high mmr, one that is a casual player. Doesn’t have to be 30 games in a row, just 30 games over a period of a week or so. If he/she has a fair experience, I will promise to stop badmouthing the matchmaking in and out of game forever.

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

If you are out, can i have your stuff?

I would rather delete it :>

Good answer

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Another three ranked matches. First one lost. I have almost won a 1vs2, until it turned into a 1vs3 at mid. In the meanwhile, my other teammates didn’t manage to at least cap back our close. But well… one of them was a staff-elementalist with default gear, so yeah. Second match. The guardian has default gear. But oh well. I get close, then go to mid. I help get mid, in the meanwhile close is contested. So I go back there, quickly help kill them there and run back to mid, where it’s contest again already. I arrive, enemy killed in like 10 seconds, I run back close, help kill there again, then back to mid. Yet, we lose with around 350 points or so. It appears that they don’t get a single kill, even if outnumbering our opponents… but when I arrive, they just melt in seconds. But I can’t be everywhere at the same time. -_- Third match. A guildgroup of 3 in my team. Cool. Might be better this time. Oh wait… we lose 500:50 or so on Foefire. It appears that my teammates kept suiciding on far. I quit PvP for today. Probably dropped another 50-100 ranks or so, but leaderboard didn’t update yet.

WHAT THE KITTEN, WITH SOFT PAWS AND A CUTE GAZE

-_-

…I really should have stopped playing when I was at rank 3xx. Now I’m probably 7xx or so, and every time I play, I will drop more. I might end up at 5% or so if I keep playing, lol.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

My wife has actually suggested I stop pvp because she has watched my matches and has said people are just stupid. I think it is one thing to be frustrated when you play. It is another when someone else watching sees the really poor match ups.

Silverwastes here I come. I will check back in a few weeks to see if things have gotten better or hope stronghold will be better than conquest.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

#VoteForOldLeaderBoard
#VoteForOldSoloArena
#VoteForBetterMatchmaking

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Can the SoloQ vs Premades stop please?
PLEASE?!

The duration of queue was only like 2mins, how can we be facing premades >_>

(edited by Terrorsquad.2349)

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

PLEASE?!

I’m in a matchup now where it’s 3-1-1 vs 1-1-1-1-1.

I’m wondering what or where the sPvP designer(s) got their experience from because it shows that they are severely lacking.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

PLEASE?!

I’m in a matchup now where it’s 3-1-1 vs 1-1-1-1-1.

I’m wondering what or where the sPvP designer(s) got their experience from because it shows that they are severely lacking.

As far I can understand is the matchmaking becomes more broad aslong the queue time goes on. But after 2 mins I already got queue with solo’ers vs premade…

Give us back SoloQ.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Sure, mix a couple of 4v5 into the rotation aswel.. E-sports..

Attachments:

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Seriously, whats with the premades vs solo’ers… Even if it’s only 3-1-1 or 2-2-1.. They have a big advantage vs 1-1-1-1-1, obviously..

in PvP

wwwes.1398

The entire reason they made this matchmaking system was to enable 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 matches against solo queuers. Because they said people complained it was too hard to join pvp with just a buddy. And they apparently don’t have the population to actually sustain a system where buddy teams get matched in 5v5, so… yeah.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

PLEASE?!

I had it the other way sadly… waited 7 mins yesterday, and we got against Red Team (Previously ASDF and SPL), in a pug…

Scored a whopping 100 points

… Only to get people camping the treb and dying to Svanir after… because what’s an MMR no?

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

So last couple of days, I’ve lost like 80-90% of my games.. Some close, most blow-outs.

Out of the 15-20 games I did today, I won 2-3.
Yesterday, I maybe won 1-2 out of the 10’ish games..

What’s up with that?

Also, if I wanna soloQ, give me SoloQ’ers, not parties nor premades to fight against.

For the sake of PvP.

If this doesn’t improve soon, I’m out.

because this is a test season… so after 2+ year we are betatester… you are not happy?

This, exactly this right here.

Arenanet is so completely incompetent when it comes to pvp, understanding pvp, let alone their own classes, that something like MMR and a decent matchmaking system with obvious features that should have been implemented long ago should not be all that mind blowing in the fact they cannot deliver a good system, at all.

So yes, we’re essentially beta testers of their ever further rotting garbage that only seems to become worse and worse the longer I continue to come back like a masochistic idiot and try playing this again, thinking it might some-crazy-how be better. Lol … the one thing Arenanet never fails to deliver is disappointment. ^^

I wonder how many of you have noticed that they’ve made some kind of changes that makes getting CC’d and damaged while evading a lot more common now? I sure have, and I’ve talked to quite a few in game who have noticed this as well. I have a pretty evade heavy build and now my dodge rolls consistently get CC’d and damaged through when I should be evading, even directly in the middle of the animation. It’s so much fun having an already weak / non-meta build become even more weak simply due to the fact their incompetence knows no bounds!

On that note, I really wouldn’t expect anything good out of Arenanet in terms of meaningful PvP. I’m sorry OP, but until they gain some common sense, which based on everything I’ve seen them do in the past, you’re kind of SoL. :l

inb4 infraction because Arenanet has a frail ego.

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

in PvP

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

MMR? What MMR? Its all random. Matches like 500:50 are very often right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Oh yea all weekend was cheese builds!

http://s11.postimg.org/8jxu2sqr7/gw003.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I know, I know, premades sometimes lose to SoloQ’ers, as do I but it creates a total other effect: the premade gets laughed at and called noobs and whatnot, even when it was clear the matchmaking was a joke..

I’ve been there myself…

That’s what normally happens to our fun-guild pvp matches, we are all noobs, low pvp ranks and our opponents can see that even from out team composition (usually 2+ mesmers on team). So we kinda don’t expect to win that many matches but it gets frustrating when we are often matched vs team of dragon ranks.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Oh yea all weekend was cheese builds!

http://s11.postimg.org/8jxu2sqr7/gw003.jpg

Wanna see a real cheese comp?
Here, have 4 turret engis and a cele rifle engi. Premade.

We were 1 rabid p/s engi (me) and a cele rifle engi, Fresh Air ele and d/d

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6457

Zord.6457

So I’ve faced the same premade 4 times now, while playing solo… this is kinda pointless tbfh.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

in PvP

wwwes.1398

To the ppl that are still posting, note that you are in ranked. Currently I lose every ranked match I have, but still have a decent time of it in unranked. No idea what the real difference is but I know the formula is different.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

To the ppl that are still posting, note that you are in ranked. Currently I lose every ranked match I have, but still have a decent time of it in unranked. No idea what the real difference is but I know the formula is different.

I used to have better match-ups in Unranked but lately, I’m mostly farming ppl there unless its a premade..

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

:( this is mean

No shinnies for you…bahahahahaha!!! /cough

in PvP

Posted by: MyriadStars.5679

MyriadStars.5679

sigh, why did anet have to screw it up again?

in PvP

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

The stuff they are feeding us with like there is a system that works like this and that is just all crap. There is only one system called RNG (even poker has less RNG than this game). Either you roll high and climb fast or you roll low and get paired with what you mentioned.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

i started reading the thread and was like " here we go, another thread complaining about mmr this season". Then i noticed the thread is a year old and the complaints are exactly the same as they are now.

People sucked before leagues, people will continue to suck after leagues.