Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want to play the worst class in SPvP.

What class is that?

Whats the Worst Class/Spec?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Just pick a class and allocate your traits equally to all trait lines.

Tada! Here’s your worst spec!

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I thought I heard something say Necromancer was bad in PvP, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

So fill me in. I want to know what the worst class is.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Any class that isn’t cele ele, cele engi, or Shoutbow warrior. Those 3 are the top… everything else seems pretty close to me. Maybe throw theif in there too.

So your answer is going to be different for every person, different for every match, and different in every situation.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Any class that isn’t cele ele, cele engi, or Shoutbow warrior. Those 3 are the top… everything else seems pretty close to me. Maybe throw theif in there too.

So your answer is going to be different for every person, different for every match, and different in every situation.

Worst class, there are two or three tied for that, Mesmers, and Necros are definitely down there. Worst spec IDK it depends on the class.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

This isn’t WoW. You can’t say something like “Holy Paladin is terrible in PvP, so I’ll play that to challenge myself.” All commonly seen PvP builds are seen for the reason that they generally work well in PvP. If you want to “challenge” yourself by playing a useless build that doesn’t help your team, then just play without traits and without armor and prepare yourself for your team telling you to stop playing the game.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Mesmer, necro (power), ranger?

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Worst class, there are two or three tied for that, Mesmers, and Necros are definitely down there. Worst spec IDK it depends on the class.

^ Reasoning coming from a ‘bunker Mesmer’ that Mesmers are one of the worst classes. UGH. There is no worst class necesarrily. Every class is great against some and hard countered against others. The question is more like, which class has the most hard counters against it. That would be the class most likely to not succeed in a series of matchups against random players.

Rangers are deemed the worst right now but that is only because 99% of the people playing it have no idea what they are doing. They just spam skills. Therefore it’s more of that the actual player itself is bad and not the class. There are just currently more clueless players playing ranger and mesmer than any other class at the moment.

So with all that said, maybe you can solely raise the stigma on rangers by actually playing it good yourself; but 1 man can’t make a difference. There are 3 top classes and the rest are under them in their own way. Nothing necessarily the ‘worst’.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

jportell.2197

^ Reasoning coming from a ‘bunker Mesmer’ that Mesmers are one of the worst classes. UGH. There is no worst class necesarrily. Every class is great against some and hard countered against others. The question is more like, which class has the most hard counters against it. That would be the class most likely to not succeed in a series of matchups against random players.

Rangers are deemed the worst right now but that is only because 99% of the people playing it have no idea what they are doing. They just spam skills. Therefore it’s more of that the actual player itself is bad and not the class. There are just currently more clueless players playing ranger and mesmer than any other class at the moment.

So with all that said, maybe you can solely raise the stigma on rangers by actually playing it good yourself; but 1 man can’t make a difference. There are 3 top classes and the rest are under them in their own way. Nothing necessarily the ‘worst’.

I haven’t played that spec in over two years. It’s just still in my signature. I play double ranged shatter. So yeah

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Worst class confirmed. Bunker Mesmer. Have fun!
You want to play the “worst” thing. Just think of something totally absurd and roll with that. Examples:
1: Bunker Mesmer
2: Bunker thief (This one may be the true winner)
3: Power minion mancer (all pets out, don’t slack)
4: Power Ranger beast master (same, all pets out)
5: You get the idea. Have fun and hope to see you on the other team!

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

jportell.2197

You want to play the “worst” thing. Just think of something totally absurd and roll with that. Examples:

You clearly can’t read. I don’t play that garbage spec anymore. I play double ranged shatter.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

P/P thief, probably. Or shout ranger.

in PvP

GhOst.4019

You clearly can’t read. I don’t play that garbage spec anymore. I play double ranged shatter.

Did I say you did, after you clearly explained yourself? NO. I said it is one of the worst builds. Stop inserting words into people posts that are not actually there.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I have played quite a bit as a zerker Guardian, zerker Warrior, and a zerker Necro. I can say that as a power necro, I have to outplay the hell out of any other build to win my fights.

I thought I was just unusually bad until I realized other Necros were almost universally a pushover, and comprise my easiest fights. Whether I’m playing a necro or not, I often target them first because they simply cannot avoid damage. They just have to eat it.

If you run power necro, you will be the first target. You will be the easiest target to stick to (no real stability, no real escapes of any kind, no reliable source of invulnerability) and you will die. Many 1v1’s will be very difficult unless you have a sizeable life bar, which you won’t start the fight with. Blinds, weakness, blocks, interrupts, and crowd control will make you a marshmallow with zero dps.

So IMO the weakest class atm is a Necromancer with a power spec, but obviously I’ve not played everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

That’s quite the loaded question. When you say “worst”, do you mean “worst that was actually played once upon a time” or “worst thing you can possibly build”?

It’s not hard at all to just make a plainly bad build by taking things that have zero synergy with each other. Here’s one I tossed together in a minute. Good luck with that.

Now if you mean a serious build that used to be popular but doesn’t fit the current meta or was nerfed, or build templates around an idea that kind of work on paper and you’ll occasionally see in hotjoin/unranked but have all sorts of exploitable weaknesses and would struggle now if you try to play it, there are a couple I can think of (Disclaimer: All the build I link are not the only version of the build to play. They’re just builds I tossed together quickly while thinking of old popular builds not played today).

1. Beast Master Ranger

• Honestly quite sad. This build was only popular for a few months before it went to never being played again. Lacks the sustain of any of the popular celestial classes, doesn’t offer much to the team, and damage is wildly inconsistent regardless of which pet you go for. I’m honestly surprised this didn’t come back when axe autoattack gained a might boon application for each target hit. I thought with Axe + Fortifying Bond = permanent 25 might on pet, the build would reappear, but it hasn’t even remotely.

2. 100-Blades Quickness Warrior

• All CC and quickness meant to land a hundred-blades burst. Popular when the game was first released, quickness was 100% action speed buff, and everyone was rusty and just beginning to learn animations and the PvP.

3. 100-Grenades Burst Engineer (No Current Build)

• What a weird build this one was. Largely relied on the double-grenade barrage from tool kit’s kit refinement swap. Nerfed by removing grenade barrage from grenade swap. You could still play it in its current rendition of 100-mines which uses proximity mine’s toolbelt as a replacement. Just not the same though.

4. Suicide Elementalist

• This is a weird build too. Haven’t seen it in ages. 66200, all berserk damage. Scream in with 10k burning speeds and fire grabs. Die to someone sneezing on you. 10 second lava font on death to beat whoever you downed in the downed DPS race. Horrible build, but I’ve seen it more than a dozen times…so…it’s a thing. Not a good thing. Just a thing.

[EDIT] 5. Venomshare Thief

• How could I forget about the build that’s not really a build! This thing receives buff after buff slowly, but is still pretty mediocre. There’s a million versions of it floating around, and none really work that well. I personally think that the problem is because the venoms are all front-loaded, and if they were to be changed so that they were lower charges + lower cooldown, it’d be much better (and the residual venom trait would be worth much more).

(edited by Doctoris.2675)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

All the classes are good in GW2, the differences are in the builds, the player, and what class/build you are fighting against.

@Doctoris – I tried the BM ranger again after the axe buff, but everyone seems to have perma swiftness now so its quite hard for the pets to hit much, also I am pretty sure the pets got a big nerf some time ago and that is basically what killed the build in the first place.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Elixir Engi/ Gadget Engi (sorry veewee)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

sort of. condi bunker rangers are now near the bottom as well in the cele meta. you cant do 1v1’s against PU mesmers, cele eles and shout bows. well played necros are way better just due to their mobility and hard CC from the fear spam.

Mesmer and necro are just very high skill cap in current meta, but both profs are competitive, unlike the power ranger. we just don’t see a lot of skilled necros and shatter mesmers.

with the ranger, no matter how hard you push glassbow, it’s just missing…something. I wouldn’t mind if they added another resource to manage to increase the skillcap, but atm power ranger is low skillcap and pretty much completely shut down by good thieves, and generally outplayed by other glass like the medi guard. glassbows cant really stomp or stay on point, and have mediocre mobility.

(comment about glassbow assumes the ranger is not permitted to freecast, which will never, EVER happen in a competitive or semi-serious conquest environment. glassbows seem strong to scrubs because of freecasting)

so in conclusion I think Mesmer and necro are actually in a much better spot than quite a few other specs out there (usually non-cele). it’s just that there are so few good players in those categories that we feel they belong in the bottom tier, which isn’t accurate.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I want to play the worst class in SPvP.

What class is that?

Condi mesmer, rifle war, condi thief, mm necro, bm ranger…there are many totally worthless specs..

Too bad someone actually uses them….and not even for trolling..

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i found a p/d theif with a soldier’s amulet once. ended up spectating him for like three maps because watching him crit for 500 was gold.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

2-3-3-3-3 Warrior with signets. Or better yet, forget your traits and sigil and runes.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

(edited by Kupper.8074)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

sort of. condi bunker rangers are now near the bottom as well in the cele meta. you cant do 1v1’s against PU mesmers, cele eles and shout bows. well played necros are way better just due to their mobility and hard CC from the fear spam.

Mesmer and necro are just very high skill cap in current meta, but both profs are competitive, unlike the power ranger. we just don’t see a lot of skilled necros and shatter mesmers.

with the ranger, no matter how hard you push glassbow, it’s just missing…something. I wouldn’t mind if they added another resource to manage to increase the skillcap, but atm power ranger is low skillcap and pretty much completely shut down by good thieves, and generally outplayed by other glass like the medi guard. glassbows cant really stomp or stay on point, and have mediocre mobility.

(comment about glassbow assumes the ranger is not permitted to freecast, which will never, EVER happen in a competitive or semi-serious conquest environment. glassbows seem strong to scrubs because of freecasting)

so in conclusion I think Mesmer and necro are actually in a much better spot than quite a few other specs out there (usually non-cele). it’s just that there are so few good players in those categories that we feel they belong in the bottom tier, which isn’t accurate.

If it wasn’t clear I meant power for the necro not for ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

maybe a 3/3/3/3/2 warrior with axe/axe + axe/axe with cleric amulet, runes of krait, and 4x sigils of corruption, mending, tri-banner, and signet of rage

gl hf