Whats the math behind the leaderboards?

in PvP

Posted by: Masternewbz.4953

Masternewbz.4953

Tittle question.

Also it would be good if the leaderboards had a system where the player was forced to play a few matches or he his rating would slowly beggin to drop in like 2 or 3 weeks, so people who are afraid to play or inactive start dropping on the leaderboards.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Rating already drops if you afk for weeks. It happened to me. (and no, there was no reset)

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Nobody knows and to me is why this whole system is semi bogus. The devs in this game don’t share that kind of information we are supposed to just take there word for everything even though they mostly fail to deliver or deliver things months after they are promised.

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I would like to know, or at least see the ratings of everyone. The rankings look to be very volatile. I have friends who have moved over 100 positions since late yesterday. It’s impossible to tell if that’s from large rating changes or if everyone is just so closely rated that big moves are more likely.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

From what I can tell and have heard the leaderboards use Glicko 2. Glicko 2 is a rating deviation formula. This mean that teams who have high rating will not gain very much from stomping low rated teams, however those low rated teams will gain a large amount of rating for beating high rated teams (who will also lose a lot more rating than if losing to another high rated team). A formula can be found via google.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

From what I can tell and have heard the leaderboards use Glicko 2. Glicko 2 is a rating deviation formula. This mean that teams who have high rating will not gain very much from stomping low rated teams, however those low rated teams will gain a large amount of rating for beating high rated teams (who will also lose a lot more rating than if losing to another high rated team). A formula can be found via google.

low rating team should not be playing high rating teams if match making is working though.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

The leaderboards are VERY unstable at the moment, almost to the point of being worthless. I lost 1 game and dropped by almost 200 places. No matter the “quality” of the loss, this shouldn’t happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

Only playing as team since leaderboards, one of us is getting ahead of the others. Math that gives one of us more rating than others? Weird math.

in PvP

Posted by: Snate.2961

Snate.2961

Why are there 2 sets of data that are displayed showing different leaders as I page through?

in PvP

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

So judging on how they’ve described how rating works, it’s a version of a computer algorithm called Simulated Annealing. This is where each person is given a rating and a volatility to their rating. The volatility is basically how much your rating moves every time you win/lose. Your volatility should increase the less you play and also should increase if you win against people you should lose against or lose against people you should beat. Vice Versa it decreases (or stabilizes more) if you beat people with lower rating, or lose against people with higher rating.

P.S. this is the same algorithm Blizz uses for the SC2 ladder. There are a lot more details to the algorithm which you can look up Wikipedia or an explaination for the SC2 Ladder.

(edited by RustyEyeballs.8927)

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system -That’s the basic math behind what they’re using, I’m sure they’ve tweaked it a bit to better fit their game and design model.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

They’ll be working on it, at least I would hope so….

I went up 220~ ranks today by running with a good premade for a dozen matches…
Yeah… 220 ranks… and its not like I’m new, the thing flaming says it has 350~ of my matches recorded.
Another guy went up 2.3k, from near 3000 to 700~ from the same deal…
It’s kinda crazy how spastic it can be.