Whats the top 25 TSpvp players play?

in PvP

Posted by: Dozer.6057

Dozer.6057

trying to crack the top 1000 just curious what classes the top TSpvp play?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

judging from what I faced in my last match….decap engi

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

team comp wise?

Usually the standard is:

1 Bunker/support guardian
1 Spirit ranger
1 – 2 Warriors, usually hambow
1 Thief usually ether s/p or d/p
1 optional if only taking 1 warrior

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Rewatch some of the past tournaments on twitch. There is more than just picking the classes.

If you really care about getting up on the ranking, there are specific times to queue and not to queue to increase your odds for both solo and team.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Rewatch some of the past tournaments on twitch. There is more than just picking the classes.

If you really care about getting up on the ranking, there are specific times to queue and not to queue to increase your odds for both solo and team.

and what times are those?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

team comp wise?

Usually the standard is:

1 Bunker/support guardian
1 Spirit ranger
1 – 2 Warriors, usually hambow
1 Thief usually ether s/p or d/p
1 optional if only taking 1 warrior

This is correct: In the place of a warrior you can take: Bomb nade engineer, Condition necromancer (one top team takes a mesmer, but it isn’t great atm)

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

If you wanna carry in solo queue, I’d say the two best classes are Engineer/ Warrior due to their very high mobility (permanent/almost permanent swiftness) and ability to both 1v1 and have a huge effect on team fights.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Most of the Top players , are doing pve until spvp big patch on 18th lol true story

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

Most of the Top players , are doing pve until spvp big patch on 18th lol true story

As funny as it is, I know it is true for a few.
I hope March will be promising.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

If you mean TeamQ, then (keep in mind than some might be wrong):

1. Rom.4536 -> Warrior, mainly Axe+X and Longbow 20/0/20/0/30
  2. Dave.7268 -> Ranger, spirits, 10/0/30/30/0 as far I know with Shortbow and Sword+X
  3. Metrix.5867 -> Mesmer, shatter, unknown traits, GS and Staff
  4. thechamp.3092 -> Thief, S/P trickery, 10/30/0/0/30
  5. Sizer.2654 -> Thief, S/P trickery lately, same as Shad. Also played S/D acrobatics and D/P trickery
  6. Blackjack.5621 -> Warrior, hambow, 0/0/30/10/30
  7. Maylo.5892 -> Guardian, standard bunker, unknown traits, Staff and Mace+Focus
  8. KarsaiB.9475 -> Warrior, Hambow (?), 0/0/30/10/30 (?)
  9. ZeParrot.9364 -> Ranger, Spirits, unknown trait setup and weapon sets
  10. ExpelHax.8012 -> Multi profession player
  11. Fraelin.7409 -> Guardian, standard bunker
  12. Super Skunk.4572 -> Warrior, unknown build
  13. Levis.6137 -> Guardian, standard bunker
  14. Oidmetala.8426 -> Ranger, Spirits, unknown traits and weapon sets
  15. Markleon.2396 -> Thief, S/D 10/30/0/30/0
  16. Suprah.5076 -> Necromancer, Conditions (?), unknown traits and weapon sets
  17. MTC.9536 -> Necromancer, conditions
  18. iFake.3176 -> Warrior, either Hambow or Axe+X
  19. Ixl Super Ixl.7258 -> Warrior lately, mainly engineer. Hambow as a warrior.
  20. Xion.3509 -> Guardian, standad bunker
  21. Empathetic Fighter.2065 -> Guardian, standard bunker
  22. Sensotix.4106 -> Thief lately, unknown build
  23. Lescansy.6174 -> not sure
  24. Puncuk.1728 -> Warrior, Hambow (?)
  25. Shikuru.5926 -> Spirit ranger if I’m not wrong

If anyone knows the missing ones, I’ll edit this post.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

@ sorrow
Yes about Karsai and Niah, also Iisey (ExpelHax) is a multi-class-player.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidian Lee.1462

Obsidian Lee.1462

Some missing top 25 players:

1. ZeParrot.9364 -> Spirit ranger for 55HPM
  2. Super Skunk.4572 -> Warrior
  3. Levis.6137 -> Guardian standard bunker
  4. Oidmetala.8426 -> Spirit Ranger
  5. Suprah.5076 -> Necromancer
  6. Xion.3509 -> Guardian, standard bunker
  7. Puncuk.1728 -> Warrior, I think also Hambow
Elementalist and Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

2 wars (Because it’s balanced)
1 guardian
1 spirit ranger (Because you’ll eventually need to rez up balanced wars if they suck bad enough)

1 something else ranging from s\d to necro to decrap engi depending on who are you facing.

welcome to spam meta..pro tip: just go pug and stop giving kittens to ladder…noone cares anyway..i’m around 250 going pug only, and this should give you an idea on how competitive top ladder is..rofl..(To test it out months ago just arranged 5 bunkers team and went from 300 to top 50 in one day facerolling everything but super’s team with 3 wars, then left 5ppl teams forever…you need to go too lame for me atm, it’s boring and you get no rewards for high ladder so no point on going cheese at all…)

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

wow no engi, no ele and only one mesmer in top 25?

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I’ll be crying over there with my ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Your first mistake was using the leaderboards as a marker to judge anything. Just use your imagination, it’s probably more accurate.

Countless

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Your first mistake was using the leaderboards as a marker to judge anything. Just use your imagination, it’s probably more accurate.

Countless

Actually, I think it is safe to say that the best teams are on top of TeamQ the leaderboard.
Can’t say the same about SoloQ leaderboard since it is also a matter of luck.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

For all these 0/0/30/10/30 Hambow Warrior setups, what are the standard skills, traits, and gear?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

For all these 0/0/30/10/30 Hambow Warrior setups, what are the standard skills, traits, and gear?

I think there isn’t really a standard trait setup for anyone.
As far I know, the must-pick traits are Merciless Hammer, Cleansing Ire, Burst Mastery and maybe Destruction of the Empowered and Signet Mastery along with Rune of Lyssa.
Most warriors run with triple stance and Rune of Lyssa.

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

and what times are those?

In my experiance, its the time not many ppl play, specialy from 10.00-13.00 +/- in EU central time (not on weekend). Thats because you have a lot higher chance to go against more bad ppl/lower ranked, since the low playerbase. Not that i abuse it, but i did play few times at that hour and thats what i noticed in my observations. Tho you will win more but if you are high rank, you will get less rank for wins.

all is vain

in PvP

Trigr.6481

Countless

Actually, I think it is safe to say that the best teams are on top of TeamQ the leaderboard.
Can’t say the same about SoloQ leaderboard since it is also a matter of luck.

You can’t be considered the best when all the “best teams” no longer play and your there by default to warm their spot while they are absent.

Countless

in PvP

sorrow.2364

You can’t be considered the best when all the “best teams” no longer play and your there by default to warm their spot while they are absent.

Countless

This doesn’t make so much sense.
I’m pretty sure that there are way better players that have yet to start playing GW2, but it doesn’t mean that because of this, the leaderboard means nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

If you mean TeamQ, then (keep in mind than some might be wrong):

1. Maylo.5892 -> Guardian, standard bunker, unknown traits, Staff and Mace+Focus
  2. Fraelin.7409 -> Guardian, standard bunker
  3. Levis.6137 -> Guardian, standard bunker
  4. Xion.3509 -> Guardian, standad bunker
  5. Empathetic Fighter.2065 -> Guardian, standard bunker

all the guardian builds are 0/5/30/30/5 clerics bunker with staff and mace/fokus.
soldier runes.

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

in PvP

Posted by: Fanky.2801

Fanky.2801

If you want to enter SoloQ leaderboard just play spirit ranger, decapper engi or warrior hambow.
I follow this rule:
Enemy team have 0-1 Warriors? Go Spirit Ranger
Enemy team have 2+ Warriors? Go Decapper Engi
Your Team have no Warriors? Go Warrior.
With this simple rule i’m constantly rank 2-20 in soloQ (when im not in “rank decay” phase).
When you reach top 10-100 or whatever you consider your goal you can just do a screenshot of https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu and go play any other build you find more entertaining.
As Archaon said some posts above for TeamTPVP just roll 4 bunkers and 1 dps or 5 bunkers and you are almost instantly in top 1000.
We managed to reach top50 with a troll team of 3 bomb-bunkers engi and 2 bunker guardians.
Only Super’s team of 2-3 Warriors managed to stop us thanks to Zerk stance, stability and coordination

in PvP

Trigr.6481

Countless

This doesn’t make so much sense.
I’m pretty sure that there are way better players that have yet to start playing GW2, but it doesn’t mean that because of this, the leaderboard means nothing.

“the leaderboard means nothing.” <— At least you said something right.

Countless

in PvP

Dozer.6057

Kinda of lame only way to get up there is to have all those bunkers…that’s not skill that’s just the class itself…just takes to long to kill one… by then the others show up and wipe you out.

even if they introduce CTF I presume at this state would be same team makeup

Future doesn’t look bright for my Mesmer getting up there

in PvP

Dozer.6057

Thanks for all the replies I was pretty sure that’s what it looked like up there but was hoping maybe if you had a skilled team you could get up there but it doesn’t seem to be the case with out dbbl war or trpl war guard engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lannika.8325

Lannika.8325

can someone link me the hambow build link?
thx

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Misha (Metrix) is in position 3 in the leaderboard and plays mesmer for arguably one of the best teams around.

in PvP

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Misha (Metrix) is in position 3 in the leaderboard and plays mesmer for arguably one of the best teams around.

And that’s exactly the problem. You can only be successful as a Mesmer if you’re carried by the rest of an incredibly good team. Whilst Warriors, Guardians and arguably some other classes to a lesser extend actually carry their team.

in PvP

sorrow.2364

And that’s exactly the problem. You can only be successful as a Mesmer if you’re carried by the rest of an incredibly good team. Whilst Warriors, Guardians and arguably some other classes to a lesser extend actually carry their team.

I don’t think that Misha is the one who is getting carried to be honest.
I guess you haven’t played against 55HPM if you say that.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

I don’t think that Misha is the one who is getting carried to be honest.
I guess you haven’t played against 55HPM if you say that.

Misha is getting carried by portal. Great player, kittenty class. No joke, portal is the only reason to run a mesmer currently.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

We all play jihad ele.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

This.

Grinding ascended gear while waiting for pvp patch.

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Misha gets carried by top mesmerising skills and pure asura awesomeness! Through those he carries his team.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

If you want to enter SoloQ leaderboard just play spirit ranger, decapper engi or warrior hambow.
I follow this rule:
Enemy team have 0-1 Warriors? Go Spirit Ranger
Enemy team have 2+ Warriors? Go Decapper Engi
Your Team have no Warriors? Go Warrior.
With this simple rule i’m constantly rank 2-20 in soloQ (when im not in “rank decay” phase).
When you reach top 10-100 or whatever you consider your goal you can just do a screenshot of https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu and go play any other build you find more entertaining.
As Archaon said some posts above for TeamTPVP just roll 4 bunkers and 1 dps or 5 bunkers and you are almost instantly in top 1000.
We managed to reach top50 with a troll team of 3 bomb-bunkers engi and 2 bunker guardians.
Only Super’s team of 2-3 Warriors managed to stop us thanks to Zerk stance, stability and coordination

3 engis and 2 guardians with no wars (Engi with less armor was around 2.8k playing rabid nades) because we arranged this just for the lulz…and we found ourselves playing in top 50 with a trollteam, sadly we couldn’t get through super’s 3 warriors (Super, xeco and phd at that time) for obvious reasons…just swap 1 guardian and 1 engi for war+ranger or 2 wars and you’re good to go for esphatz

This game is a joke…and its ladder synthesizes it perfectly, just keep in mind tpvp’s general rule: if you can’t do something just add one more war…it works 80% of the time..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

I agree, Misha gets carried by his team.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Have you watched the latest ESL weekly cup?
I don’t think so.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I took Minion Master necro Staff/Dagger+Warhorn to #7 pretty quickly running a Hambow, Guardian, Thief, Spiritranger, MM comp.

Did 1(home)/2(mid)/2(Far) start with hambow home, thief/guardian mid and spiritranger+myself going far. Typically went pretty well.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: st desnuss.5738

st desnuss.5738

Have you watched the latest ESL weekly cup?
I don’t think so.

he can’t play and watch :O

Ybobb [SmK]
Guard ~ EU

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

They play easy broken classes, ham/Lbow, s/s,lb, decap bunker engis, spirit rangers, s/p ,s/d thief. Pretty much anything that doesn’t require actual skill to play like " shatter mesmer"

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

sorrow.2364

he can’t play and watch :O

Fair enough.
Didn’t pay attention to the name and fell into his trap.
Well played.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This.

Grinding ascended gear while waiting for pvp patch.

You may have more time than you think because the 18th is a maintenance patch (whatever that means).