Wheel Commands for sPvP?

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Helbjorne.9368

Helbjorne.9368

One of the biggest issues in both ranked and unranked sPvP is the lack of communication within a team full of randoms. Having wheel commands to be able to tell your team to push, hold, retreat, and call out home, mid, far, objective, etc. would be extremely beneficial to the PvP community as a whole, would allow new players to get familiar with what they should be doing and when, would free up time from typing, and would reduce toxicity by minimizing frustration due to lack of communication.

There are times where typing out things like back, home, etc. does work, but most of the time in sPvP we’re engaged in combat, and sneaking off to try to communicate with the team is detrimental.

It could be implemented as simply as holding down a hotkey, then moving the mouse in whichever direction the chat command you wish to relay is in (as seen in our ping system). The message would be relayed in chat and via audio in whatever language is native for the client, so people that don’t speak the same language could still effectively communicate.

What is everyone else’s thoughts on the matter?

Whose soul do I have to reap to get a Necro rework around here?

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’ll use Overwatch as an example as it’s the only other game I play that has this. But they have active nodes where you can wheel over it to defend that point or push the payload, etc. Having something like that would be great because not everyone reads chat.

What I really want is the Junkrat emote that goes, “BRRRRRNNNNGGGGG” so I can spam it until my fingers fall off.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Helbjorne.9368

Of course, the block function would have to block that person’s wheel commands as well, so the rest of us don’t have to hear that kitten.

(Although as others have mentioned having a 5 second or so cooldown would prevent spamming)

(edited by Helbjorne.9368)

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

I’m all for making communication better / easier. There is a lot I would like to communicate during a match but my typing skills while trying to actually play are, well … horrendous. Some quick clicks or hotkeys as you suggest would be fantastic.

There would have to be some limitations on the audio ping though. I could see people spamming it and it could become another source of toxicity. Overall great idea and I hope something like this gets implemented.

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I literally make a post about this every month. Wheel commands should not be customisable, but also should not be blockable. Give it a 3 msg limit to stop spam

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

We just got full on voice chat in Smite boys. Shiet has gotten super real over on the darkside. Just saying is all, Carry on!

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I like this idea. Short of being on discord, it’s REALLY hard to tell people they’re probably making a mistake (like clustering 4v3 on close, when enemy holds/guards the other 2 points), and that they need to move on to the next objective.

Though “pinging” a point on the minimap works to a degree, it doesn’t always share the intended meaning, and is kind of hard to do in the middle of fighting.

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

i dont know if my client is different from yours – i dont think it is, but when i ping i have the option to drag down for an attention mark, drag right for a dont go mark, drag left for ok mark and drag up for go to mark. only shift clicking is the red circle and shift right clicking is for drawing.
all combined makes up option for good quick communication.

this might explain why it is so poorly used by all…
i can’t even find a wiki text for this O_o

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I find no need for this at all in spvp or pvp . when these people start in map chats with their so called Wheel Commands I fully put them on the blocked list . as they have no need place in this game type . and just bring more problems then need or worth .

no new system upgrades coming

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Helbjorne.9368

Pings are not the same as wheel commands. I can’t ping someone to decap far, or to rotate off home, or to hold mid. I can ping these things, but that’s all it is, a ping, and without context they have little meaning, even if there is a little check mark and a little caution symbol available.

As for the guy that doesn’t want to communicate with his team and blocks all his teammates, good luck with that.

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

I find no need for this at all in spvp or pvp . when these people start in map chats with their so called Wheel Commands I fully put them on the blocked list . as they have no need place in this game type . and just bring more problems then need or worth .

What do you mean by fully put them on the block list? Can you half put them on? Quarter?

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

What do you mean by fully put them on the block list? Can you half put them on? Quarter?

I mean just what I said and you can not do such things as you suggest . just put them on block and move on more important things to deal with . like winning the match with out a bunch of unneed map chat text flying past your eyes while trying not to loose .

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

I mean just what I said and you can not do such things as you suggest . just put them on block and move on more important things to deal with . like winning the match with out a bunch of unneed map chat text flying past your eyes while trying not to loose .

Usually in pvp games you cannot block the wheel chat messages even if you block the player since the Devs set the standard messages to be non offensive

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Usually in pvp games you cannot block the wheel chat messages even if you block the player since the Devs set the standard messages to be non offensive

idk I got a pretty good and super long blocked list !!

Wheel Commands for sPvP?

in PvP

Helbjorne.9368

Have you ever played a game with a chat wheel? It’s typically a message that is displayed in chat and an audio clip. There’s nothing “flying” past your eyes as you so put it.

If you’re so offended by people trying to communicate with you why not just turn your monitor off?