When are the prizes given for top 100 on 2nd?

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Are the prizes going to be determined once the patch hits? I just find it a bit unfair for EU players since patches launch at US time.
I for example work late and with the crazy point decay, even if I make it to the top 100, a few hours after I’ve left and the patch hits. I might not even be in the top 100 anymore and there’s nothing I can do about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

its not top 100 its top 250

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Wouldn’t that however be the case whenever they gave out the prices? There would always be some people that were unable to ensure their place at that specific time.

I suppose what you can do is making sure that you are as high up on the list as possible before you leave.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

its not top 100 its top 250

He’s talking about the current leaderboards. On Dec 2nd, the top 20 get a piece of Glorious Hero armor and the top 100 get a llama. Top 250 applies to the test season which begins on the 16th.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Guys id also ask for a tipp

Im mostly a 200-500 rated player in soloq.
Recently ive been more trykittenly on main and decnt builds so i was closer to 200.
Last few days i had real good streaks and ended up just around 100, with 89 being the last time i played (yesterday) .

I am planning to only play 1x game again, tuesday on normal afternoon hours – bassicaly going a all in and hoping for a win – which should put me -89 just hour or two before patch.

Is this the best chance i have?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Recently ive been more trykittenly on main and decnt builds so i was closer to 200.
Last few days i had real good streaks and ended up just around 100, with 89 being the last time i played (yesterday) .

I am planning to only play 1x game again, tuesday on normal afternoon hours – bassicaly going a all in and hoping for a win – which should put me -89 just hour or two before patch.

Theres a lot of really good active players 1-200,

Do not let the pvp population fool you.

Don’t be afraid of someone having 10 accounts, because GW2 developer team is working to make sure a bunch of people cant have 10+ accounts on the leaderboards.

Ex. They award top 10 leaderboard players with a precursor.
Ostrich Eggs wants precursors so he gets 10 accounts to top 10, that way nobody gets precursors but Ostrich Eggs.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

The cut off is when the new build goes live on Tuesday. This is generally after 9am PST, and can be at any time after that. We can’t provide specific release times. Once the build goes out, the leaderboard will automatically stop collecting new data.

The prizes won’t be distributed immediately. We’ll need some programmer magic to generate the list (and their #1 priority is making sure the release goes out smoothly), and then we’ll need our support team to distribute the items.

We’ll keep you updated along the way.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

So everything is reset except for MMR and win/loss?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

So everything is reset except for MMR and win/loss?

The new rating system doesn’t exactly exist yet in live, so technically your rating isn’t being reset.

ANet has released that MMR will be part of finding matches, so it would be silly for them to reset it and not use their current data set to assist in creating quality matches.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

So basically, to even have a shot of getting a mini llama.

I have to at least get to top 50.

Hope the patch goes live between 9am-12am PST so the point decay doesn’t kick me out of top 100.

Hope a trillion people won’t create new accounts just to get a free ride to the top 100 with stats like 10 wins and 4 losses and kicking me out of top 100.

For something that is suppose to be skill based, there’s certainly a lot of unpredictable factors to consider. Meh, I guess I’ll stay optimistic and hope the new pvp system is as glorious as it sounds.

Farewell my dear llama, may we reunite in the afterlife.

in PvP

Flumek.9043

So basically, to even have a shot of getting a mini llama.

I have to at least get to top 50.

Hope the patch goes live between 9am-12am PST so the point decay doesn’t kick me out of top 100.

Hope a trillion people won’t create new accounts just to get a free ride to the top 100 with stats like 10 wins and 4 losses and kicking me out of top 100.

For something that is suppose to be skill based, there’s certainly a lot of unpredictable factors to consider. Meh, I guess I’ll stay optimistic and hope the new pvp system is as glorious as it sounds.

Farewell my dear llama, may we reunite in the afterlife.

The small minority of top pvper wont buy another copy of the game just for a chance of another mini.

Only the part of being top 50 holds true.
From names we usually see, id say like top 1-50 players will stay those positions even with days of decay.
The other usual 50-200 players will depend on who plays that day and who will win/lose that day. Thats basically what im hoping for

As for you, given that your a even lower rated player, youd need a even better winstreak (and against other current top100 players) to get in, and then same as the 50-200 will depend on decay.

Edit:
If we dont get it, we can try again as in dec-jan test season , the top250 wil get the llama

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

If real i can help if troll no ty

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Have the leaderboards been frozen yet?

in PvP

Flumek.9043

noo , i just missed it logged in 30min too late to update my 3 day decay…. guess ill have to wait till february for the top250 llama

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

No ETA for the llama hand outs?

in PvP

Posted by: SKnew.8612

SKnew.8612

The cut off is when the new build goes live on Tuesday. This is generally after 9am PST, and can be at any time after that. We can’t provide specific release times. Once the build goes out, the leaderboard will automatically stop collecting new data.

The prizes won’t be distributed immediately. We’ll need some programmer magic to generate the list (and their #1 priority is making sure the release goes out smoothly), and then we’ll need our support team to distribute the items.

any news? its been a week.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

eyo dawg I hurd you got dem llamas

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Cigar.4807

Cigar.4807

So, it has been a week. Any ETA on the llama handout?

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

the question is what we should do with these llamas. its time for new minis. i already deleted 2 from the Tog/tol and still have 3 codes from gamescom. Maybe give them hats and each time a new color or something like that

in PvP

SKnew.8612

it has been 2 weeks, any update?

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

the question is what we should do with these llamas. its time for new minis. i already deleted 2 from the Tog/tol and still have 3 codes from gamescom. Maybe give them hats and each time a new color or something like that

I wish I had your problems. I want a llama, but I don’t see myself getting anywhere near the top 250 to get one.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Out of curiosity have the prizes been distributed yet? Particularly the glorious heroes armor. I am not home and won’t be home for 3-4 hours and so I have no way of knowing and am just curious.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Out of curiosity have the prizes been distributed yet? Particularly the glorious heroes armor. I am not home and won’t be home for 3-4 hours and so I have no way of knowing and am just curious.

I got my armor, but no llama.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Lux.7169

Sweet that’s exciting!

And as an aside, perhaps top 20 doesn’t get a llama period. I realize they said top 100 would get a llama, but the post could also be construed to mean that you either get one or the other.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Y can’t I sell my extra Llamas?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Sweet that’s exciting!

And as an aside, perhaps top 20 doesn’t get a llama period. I realize they said top 100 would get a llama, but the post could also be construed to mean that you either get one or the other.

Nah, I got both at position 16. All should get a llama.

collector of liquid aurillium

in PvP

Lux.7169

ty for that info, Ventusthunder!

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Sweet that’s exciting!

Weird. Position 18 at reset and no llama.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

SKnew.8612

Sweet that’s exciting!

Weird. Position 18 at reset and no llama.

same, position 26 here.(solo leaderboard)