When do they pass out mini llamas?

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Q:

This is the first time I’ll be eligible to get a mini llama, once the season ends, do I have to wait about a week before I get mine? Or is it awarded sometime today?

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

A:

Rewards generally take up to two weeks to distribute. For clarity, here’s the process:

1. You play in a tournament. You place well.
2. You submit your information to the tournament organizer.
3. Organizer compiles all information from that cup. Once the organizer has collected all of the tournament winner’s information, they send it to me. This can take anywhere from a day to over a week, depending on which organizer is doing it and how many people they had sign-up. The amount of time it takes for an organizer to collect/send the info is dependent on them and the winners. This is out of my control.
4. Once I have the reward request, I then send out gems/llamas. This generally happens same week, but can go to the week after in the event that the request was sent to me after I did that week’s distribution.

tl;dr – two weeks is a normal amount of time to wait. For example, Academy Gaming #11 was submitted to me on May 18th (7 days after the event) and will make it into this week’s distribution.

Thanks.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Don’t hold your breath waiting for it. I supposedly won one in a community tournament almost 3 weeks ago and still haven’t gotten mine.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

im still missing mine from 2 previous leaderboards (along with other rewards from them, cant even remember what it was but hey…)

in PvP

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

they will take their sweet time. I am still waiting for mine from pugquest 3. Its almost a month still haven’t received it.

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

This is the first time I’ll be eligible to get a mini llama, once the season ends, do I have to wait about a week before I get mine? Or is it awarded sometime today?

Same here, could one of the Devs give us an answer?

in PvP

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Also if I am not mistaken, it takes Anet 2 weeks to distribute the llamas. But that is after they would receive the winners details. Now this is for the community held tournaments so don’t know about this one

in PvP

Posted by: smilango.5960

smilango.5960

Doubt we’ll see a dev response on this as that would mean committing to a time frame for distribution…here I was hoping to log into a mail from ANet, at the very least confirmation of your leaderboard place would have been nice.

in PvP

Posted by: Night.2759

Night.2759

They have to wait at least another 3 hours for the leaderboard to update ;-)

Nightanvil – Guardian / Nightrend Shademist – Thief
Nightspecter – Necromancer / Night**** all others

in PvP

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

so, when will we get the mini?

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Doubt we’ll see a dev response on this as that would mean committing to a time frame for distribution…here I was hoping to log into a mail from ANet, at the very least confirmation of your leaderboard place would have been nice.

What I’m confused about is the season ends today right? So that means My llama is secure? I noticed I went down one rank so it looks like people are still getting poins, does this mean I will lose my llama in two weeks if I don’t play?

in PvP

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

What I’m confused about is the season ends today right? So that means My llama is secure? I noticed I went down one rank so it looks like people are still getting poins, does this mean I will lose my llama in two weeks if I don’t play?

Leaderboard does not update anymore. It probably went down before the season finish which was today at 4pm utc. And I presume the llama is secure

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Has anyone received their Mini Llama yet? It’s been 8 hours since we were supposed to? Could we get an official answer on what’s up?

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Mini Llamas took about 2-3 weeks last time I think. They don’t have an automated system for it and have to physically go through every single person who’s eligible and send it to them.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

Yeah I’m still waiting for one from both pugquest 3 and pugquest4… almost 2 and 3 weeks ago.

Perhaps it’s easier for grouch to put it off for a bit and then do a whole bunch of them at once?

I hope they find a way to automate this…that’s a lot of in game mails to send out.

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

yeah, gotta feel for whichever poor guy that gets to do this

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I think they really need to work out a better way of sending out these minis.
Both for the community held events and the season rewards.

2-3 weeks is way too long, also something else that needs to be improved is the text when sending out these mails:

Currently it says something along the lines of:
This item is a replacement item for one of your characters….

What it should say:
This item is rewarded to you for winning one or more games in a community held event: Pugquest/Academy Gaming/ESL/Tol3 etc…
or
This item is rewarded to you for ranking in the top 500’s or better in Test Season 2 etc…

This will allow players who earn multiple minis to actually track which rewards are coming from which tournament.

in PvP

khani.4786

Yeah, mine would be from Pugquest 3. I decided not to try another event until I was sure that I’d actually get a Llama from the event. Seeing as how tomorrow marks 3 weeks and I still don’t have it I’m starting to doubt I’ll actually get it. I’d like to get one of the fancier Llamas but why participate if we don’t get the prizes?

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

So I just got the mini llama but haven’t got the glorious hero armor. Did they send it yet?

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

nvm accepted just now

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Rewards for the Ladder Test Season 2 and all tournament results submitted to me up until 5/7/2015 have been distributed.

As a reminder, once tournament results are submitted to me it can take up to 2 weeks for distribution. I’ll knock out the rest of the prizes next week.

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

I decided to stay late and send everything. I’m caught up to any event that had been submitted to me before today.

I have a list of about 10~ individuals that had incorrect emails/accounts, but I’ll follow-up on those next week.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy your llamas.

in PvP

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

Stayin late for the community, what a guy.

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

in PvP

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

love the commitment there. Thank you for the llama

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Talk about a need for process improvement. This should be all automated, Grouch!

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

I decided to stay late and send everything. I’m caught up to any event that had been submitted to me before today.

I have a list of about 10~ individuals that had incorrect emails/accounts, but I’ll follow-up on those next week.

I’d like to apologize again for being an kitten in Storm’s chat with you last night. It must suck to have to do all of the prize stuff yourself on top of all your other duties. I appreciate what you do for us.

in PvP

khani.4786

Thank you Josh!! Sucks that it isn’t automated but thank you for your dedication on getting everything sent out.

I got and love my mini Llama. <3

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Thanks for the effort Josh.

in PvP

Posted by: surrge.3214

surrge.3214

Has anyone received there llamas from pug quest 5? I can’t wait to get my new soft and cuddly mini!! Doubt the ones from pug quest 6 will come out anytime soon lol

Splurrge-Ele
Surrge of the Mists-Rev
Pixel Surrge-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

It can be difficult to determine when exactly a llama last passed out.

Some Llamas wake up during transit, and need to be treated again with a tranquilizring agent. This is primarily to prevent them waking other llamas in the same cargo hold.

Researchers at York University have found that, as well as the experience of capture and shipment itself, the use of such powerful drugs to incapacitae llamas for transit can have a permanent effect on their faculties, reporting much higher rates of depression amongst adult llamas. Studies also indicate that the experience is linked to early onset arthritis amongst younger llamas, however this may be tied to the neutering process being undertaken during adolescence.

If you want any more information on the mistreatment of llamas during import, don’t hesitate to contact me in game. Together we CAN make a difference .

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

Still no minis issued for Academy Gaming 19 held on May 11th?
http://challonge.com/na_academy_gaming_weekly_19

I noticed Josh issued last batch of minis on May 16th, will the rewards for this tournament be issued in the next wave? or did my team make an error in account name/email where we were left out?

I would really recommend creating a quick Google Docs which can be updated with all pvp tournaments, some sort of a reward tracker that Josh can update and maintain.

I started a quick one:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tfQyiwCV1YaeTees7IfpjeDzj2VakpXVrme7SlfH1NU/edit#gid=0

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

Thanks for the update Josh!

in PvP

ZilentNight.5089

Tracker updated but, nearly a month since Llamas were issued…

I am not sure about the rewards for ESL NA #28
but rewards from AG NA weekly #19 held on 5/11/15 still has not been issued….

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

in PvP

Posted by: wazza.8096

wazza.8096

Are the mini Llamas still getting sent out? I played in Pugquest NA #21 about 5 weeks ago now (3rd place) and am still waiting for my first Llama…

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Wooooooaaaaahhh necro.