When does ranked play start again

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Its been about a week since last “season” ended. When will ranked be back up?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

End of the month

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Cam Ron.4170

Wow that is so stupid. The off season is as long as the season? This game sucks dlck

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Not really. The season came to an end, and then we got a balance patch. The break gives us 3 weeks (ish?) to iron out what works and what doesn’t for the upcoming season. It allows time for things to settle, as well as for any emergency tweaks (balance, bugs, etc) that might need to happen. If we were to simply hop from one to the next, people might start feeling a tad burnt out from it relatively quickly (some people feel pressured by such things).

in PvP

Cam Ron.4170

Not really. The season came to an end, and then we got a balance patch. The break gives us 3 weeks (ish?) to iron out what works and what doesn’t for the upcoming season. It allows time for things to settle, as well as for any emergency tweaks (balance, bugs, etc) that might need to happen. If we were to simply hop from one to the next, people might start feeling a tad burnt out from it relatively quickly (some people feel pressured by such things).

7 weeks of season followed by 4 weeks of off-season sounds awful

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t think so, but that’s just my personal preference. The down time gives me breathing room to do other things, considering I’m not a “full time” pvper.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

It’s an 8 week season with 4 weeks downtime for balance and season finale. No point starting the new season when the pro players haven’t finished yet and wouldn’t be able to compete anyway (Challenger cup etc).

Make new builds, try something different, see some sunlight. It’s downtime so there’s not burnout.

in PvP

Cam Ron.4170

It’s an 8 week season with 4 weeks downtime for balance and season finale. No point starting the new season when the pro players haven’t finished yet and wouldn’t be able to compete anyway (Challenger cup etc).

Make new builds, try something different, see some sunlight. It’s downtime so there’s not burnout.

Haha touche sir. The sunlight part got me you right

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I don’t think so, but that’s just my personal preference. The down time gives me breathing room to do other things, considering I’m not a “full time” pvper.

Wtf are you on about. It gives you breathing room to do other things? Lol wtf? You realise you could just stop and start during a season and it doesnt matter. Its a terrible thing to remove your only competitive pvp mode for 4 weeks.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wtf are you on about. It gives you breathing room to do other things? Lol wtf? You realise you could just stop and start during a season and it doesnt matter.

During the season, some people feel more pressured to play, due to the time limit involved. (Not everyone plays 8+ hours a day after all) They have the desire to push themselves as far as they absolutely can, which means time dedicated. As such, having an “off season” allows for those people to take a step back and “breathe.” It’s really not any different than a “normal” sport.

Its a terrible thing to remove your only competitive pvp mode for 4 weeks.

Unranked is still there. It’s still conquest. It’s still pvp. As for “competitive,” it’s no more or less so than ranked, due to how the season had been set up. You had just as many people in ranked that didn’t give a kitten whether they won (or where in fact, intentionally losing to manipulate the system). Without an active season, that wouldn’t change. So the only difference between unranked and ranked, at that point, would be maps available.

Please, stop making me chuckle.

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

No please do not start yet! I hope they fix necro, engi and thief before.

in PvP

LanfearShadowflame.3189

According to the “State of the Game – Q1 2016” posted by Colin, Season 2 starts Feb 23rd.

On February 23, we’ll launch a brand-new in-game PvP League season.

source

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

According to the “State of the Game – Q1 2016” posted by Colin, Season 2 starts Feb 23rd.

On February 23, we’ll launch a brand-new in-game PvP League season.

source

Thx for the info!

This sucks then guees i’ll need to get used to get rek’d and be the bait hehe