When is it safe to queue again?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Sensing I’d get a terrible matchup again nearing T3 I took a break hoping to circumvent that scenario again. Turns out I either didn’t wait long enough or aren’t queue dodging.

If you’re unfavored in a certain pip range then the MM isn’t going to be on your side until the higher MMR players rank out. I thought I did just that but apparently stopping ranked from Tuesday to Friday didn’t help. I mean judging from the results it’s my time soon enough to be on the higher end of the pip range but not quite yet. Then again the weaker players moving up I’m hoping to beat could wind up on my team instead so the intention behind my waiting could backfire so I’d have to wait even longer to carry myself out. Blowouts really aren’t fun and I don’t want to put my MMR on the line until I wind up teamed with base specs who double cap home. I could try teaming with guildies but they aren’t always on. Even if we subtract Lord kill point inflation it’s still a huge score disparity.

Tl;dr: To wait, or not to wait? If I check for mathematical and logical patterns in my win/loss record how can I use that to maximize gains? I thought I was doing just that by logging out for awhile thinking it could have gotten me out of the losers’ file (flagged to lose basically) only to be thrown into an absolute curbstomp afterward.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Just play the game, omg. Either you´re good enough to archive your goals or you´re not, but looking for stuff to bypass the system is just lame. You propably cheat in games as well…

Honestly, if you have no fun with pvp and dislike challenges you should propably better play pve. People with your mentality are exactly those guys who blame their team all day but are the worst among them. :/

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Just play the game, omg. Either you´re good enough to archive your goals or you´re not, but looking for stuff to bypass the system is just lame. You probably cheat in games as well…

Honestly, if you have no fun with pvp and dislike challenges you should probably better play pve. People with your mentality are exactly those guys who blame their team all day but are the worst among them. :/

Nope, no cheating revenant can phase traversal through thick walls in Forest behind mid node near the stairs…I was surprised it actually worked when I first did it) and druid has a trait where it gains stealth and superspeed upon exiting CA form while thief has sick mobility if you manage your shadowsteps and disengages correctly.

The problem with “just playing” is you’re at risk for getting those same teammates and facing off against those same people. Nothing against those guys since beating the other guy (me unfortunately in that case) is what you’re supposed to do I just want to establish from a logical standpoint if it’s ultimately better to wait longer or queue up. I even had an Exalted Legend on my team earlier. I typically got top two in my games today. Okay, personal score doesn’t mean that much, just means I was in the right place at the right time to tag some kills and occasionally was the one to stay behind to get the cap.

The uploaded image isn’t a game I’m salty about, it was a good semi-close game where we lost despite having an Exalted Legend scrapper and the better comp overall (I was ele while they had none). The point is there are people in Sapphire who are able to overcome those odds and it can really kick my MMR’s butt if I’m not careful.

I’ve been archiving my goals quite nicely but could be better on that front, I can and should do subfolders not just by wins and losses by classes but also by ranked and unranked too. I have a folder dedicated to video footage and I’ll need to transfer some video files to my 3TB external HDD soon.

Attachments:

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’ve had 9 loss streak this season but it didn’t really ruin my MMR i think? I’m not sure but I’ve had solo q games in diamond against premades like NK Esportz (#1 challenger lol) and won.

If I were you, I’d just dodge the bad players (dem rifle wars) and the good players (opponents) and play the rest. I think in sapphire the population is high enough though the chances of running into the same people again and again is quite low.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN