When is the next Major Balance patch

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Q:

When is the next Major Balance patch, anyone know.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Jon Peters said during the guildwars PvP stream on twitch (in chat) that the patch after PAX should expect some balance and then the one after that should be the BIG one…. man…how many times I’ve heard that the next one or the one after that is going to be the BIG patch

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Jon Peters said during the guildwars PvP stream on twitch (in chat) that the patch after PAX should expect some balance and then the one after that should be the BIG one…. man…how many times I’ve heard that the next one or the one after that is going to be the BIG patch

LOL?

The one after PAX isnt the BIG one? What were they doing during all this “no-balance” monthes? Chilling at Hawaii? Jesus Christ.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

To be honest, big patches should terrify everyone. Last time we got one of those, necromancers happened.

But the current strategy of no balance patches during tournaments makes no sense. If the game becomes a successful e-sport, there will be major tournaments going on constantly. Are we just to expect no more balance at that point?

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

LOL?

The one after PAX isnt the BIG one? What were they doing during all this “no-balance” monthes? Chilling at Hawaii? Jesus Christ.

I heard Karl became a master in paper plane construction , while John and Jonathan both build the official GW2 rubber band gun and since Powerr wasnt enough they hired grouch as a second victim for their attacks.

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

To be honest, big patches should terrify everyone. Last time we got one of those, necromancers happened.

But the current strategy of no balance patches during tournaments makes no sense. If the game becomes a successful e-sport, there will be major tournaments going on constantly. Are we just to expect no more balance at that point?

Thats because they don’t have a private server for tournaments to run in. The only one they have is the dev test server and that one has all kind of crazy kitten, not to mention future balance test changes and is crashing all the time.

They need a tourney server. Just like LoL has one. That way we can keep our balance patches during the big tourneys, and they keep the latest “stable” build.

in PvP

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

Im start to get the feeling that the dev is giving up pvp altogether now. There is too many problems inherited from fundamentals of the game that are unfun and quite unfixable unless redo it from scratch. I don’t even want to mention the condition meta now, but when can we fix the AI overflow and poor targeting system on top of that?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Well we know what that means. It means basically no changes for 1 more month. 6 months of the BS ele meta. Now 3 months confirmed of the BS spammy condi meta.

LOL. This game is worthless crap.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

When is pax lol I can’t wait till i can spvp again. It is a shame we prolly lost a ton of players in this crap fest the last few months have been.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I’m all for challenges and changes, but a few of my friends have left the game because of the dramatic fluctuations in the core PvP meta. (Aside from conditions of course… Those have always been laughably potent.) They got tired of spending so much time ironing out specific builds just to have it become neutralized or obsolete by a balance patch or bringing one profession down and one up every month or two.

I can understand their (both my friends and Anet’s) frustration, and of course in its current state a moderate amount of balance is certainly needed. However, I just hope there comes a day when the extreme changes slow down to a crawl so adept players can theory craft up some unique yet viable builds making each map played a unique and challenging experience.

But this is, of course the opinion of me and a few of my friends.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Quick do the dev summoning dance!
The end of pax is so far away, is anyone even watching?

Every patch is a big patch.. I mean they’ve added a lot of things…
Yoloque
Matchbreaking
Custom Glory Farms
Hotjoin Hero TV
Spiritwatch!
Temple of the Silentstorm
Failhammer
Temple of the Silent storm Random Map rotation.

All the features players have been asking for really..
Still no +P+V+P+B+A+N+K+ Though.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

I just want my mini pets to be able to be used in spvp. My spirits feel so lonely

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I just want my hot air balloon to be useable in PVP or atleast lobby…. Please fix this anet.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I just want my hot air balloon to be useable in PVP or atleast lobby…. Please fix this anet.

Yeah Anet, priorities for kittens sake. All your dedicated PvErs want to be able to show off their baloons at pvp!!

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Im start to get the feeling that the dev is giving up pvp altogether now. There is too many problems inherited from fundamentals of the game that are unfun and quite unfixable unless redo it from scratch. I don’t even want to mention the condition meta now, but when can we fix the AI overflow and poor targeting system on top of that?

It’s not hard to fix, just stop pushing the game into an esport and just focus 100% on making it fun.

The esports and competition comes naturally.

It’s like starving and depriving a child of sleep while forcing them to become the #1 anything in the world. It just doesn’t happen.

in PvP

Posted by: FKwrong.9104

FKwrong.9104

what’s esport? sounds like an excuse for fat people, lol.
They gonna make eating hamburgers sport too? ; ))

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

LOL?

My guess is that their next big balance patch won’t be ready in time, but they’ll still release a “smaller” balance patch inbetween to deal with the more urgent issues (spirit rangers, necromancers).

I won’t mind waiting two more weeks (?) for big changes, as long as the current meta is toned down a bit earlier.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

This game needs a complete overhaul. The skill-floor of this game is pathetic on many aspects as perma dodging, spaming, AoE-clutter, instant casts/bad animations, AI and all the other stuff that leads to such randomness, like passive and hidden traits…

If A-Net keeps refusing that this game has not reached any stat near it’s full potential, than this game will become another E-sport forced fail.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t want any major patches! I want small balance patches every 2 weeks, so that they don’t have to whack-a-mole. This would also let them respond when something gets out of hand, so we would only have to endure spirit ranger wars for a couple weeks.

Lets hope that the 3 months they have had since the last balance will give them the chance to get it right though.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This game needs a complete overhaul. The skill-floor of this game is pathetic on many aspects as perma dodging, spaming, AoE-clutter, instant casts/bad animations, AI and all the other stuff that leads to such randomness, like passive and hidden traits…

If A-Net keeps refusing that this game has not reached any stat near it’s full potential, than this game will become another E-sport forced fail.

I agree with this.

- Tone down the effectiveness of sigil of energy, and the availability of vigor. 5s of vigor (an extra dodge) should be precious, not trivial.
- Rework all instant-cast or fast-cast burst builds by giving delayed and longer animations respectively.
- Improve tab-targetting and how it interacts versus stealth and versus pets.
- Give to most aoes the lava font/ dragon tooth’s/ churning earth treatment: additional time and/ or movement costs.

These are probably the more “feasible” changes. Reworking the trait/ equipment system so characters are not overloaded with passive effects is not something I see happening, but you never know. Toning down the reliance on AI is probably too late. I can’t see them reworking entire professions so that rangers pets are optional, or so that mesmers clones dissipate after their initial illusionary trick, or any system to not encourage AI-stacking. This would need to go as far as removing traits that create incentives to stack AI utility skills, like an all-out minion master, or an all-out spirit ranger. There’s almost never a reason to “use a spirit here, use another spirit over there” nor “use this spirit first, then the other one”. Nope, it’s either use and stack them all, or don’t bother building for them. The only exception I can think of is that necro’s minion that can’t move.

Sometimes I wonder if the game wouldn’t benefit from even more restriction. Imagine if some utility skills worked like GW1’s stances/ glyphs/ weapon spells, where you were only allowed to have one at the same time. So youwould have to strategically pick which one would be better for each situation, instead of stacking them all.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: I have three accounts lol.3859

I have three accounts lol.3859

what’s esport? sounds like an excuse for fat people, lol.
They gonna make eating hamburgers sport too? ; ))