When will the next Balance/Feature patch be?

in PvP

Posted by: rAzAc.8402

rAzAc.8402

Q:

Directed towards the Devs

Since you are informing us that we will not receive any rewards coming the 18th of march, is it not logical that you at least give us a time frame to which we can expect the new reward system?
Besides that I find it highly irritating that no clear time frame is communicated with the pvp community regarding the next balance patch.

You have to understand that since the 10th of December patch there has been no progression made that is visible to us players in terms of balance or systems. The “Ready Up” show which people though was going to be sPvP related has brought us almost no information on the topics stated above.

Personally I’m rather demotivated to continue playing this game in its current state and with no light at the end of the tunnel (and no clue of how long the tunnel is).

If you cant tell us anything about the info right now, then tell us when we can get the info.

in PvP

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I would also like this answered.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They told us March in a previous Ready up, but it seems as if that is no longer the case. An update would be nice.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

They told us March in a previous Ready up, but it seems as if that is no longer the case. An update would be nice.

No they didn’t. Either prove this with a link to the video or don’t say it because I am totally sure you are mistaken. They never said it would be march

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

No they didn’t. Either prove this with a link to the video or don’t say it because I am totally sure you are mistaken. They never said it would be march

^^This. But they also didn’t say it WOULDNT be March. All they’ve said is that it is definitely not March 18th. Basically: They’ve said nothing once again and once again that has confused the community.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

we may get a little balance patch next year, if we are lucky war wont be op in 2016 then.

srly if they need 3 month to just remove glory (not even giving something intead), how should they be able to give us something like ladders, rewards koth/tdm ?
I think they will just keep us at the game with little promises till we all moved to pve or quit the game

in PvP

Posted by: Datsuni.4678

Datsuni.4678

So could the devs answer this thread since they seem to be lingering on the forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

Utter lack of communication.

No idea when to expect balance updates. No idea when to expect PvP reward updates.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

No idea when to expect balance updates. No idea when to expect PvP reward updates.

This has been the problem for over a year.

Regardless, these questions should be addressed by a member of ANET.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Since the last thread got closed… this one is worded well/eloquently.

When is the next balance update? General guess? No idea? Any answer would be great.

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Except they really can’t answer them at the moment because they are caught in a lose/lose situation.

When it comes to the new rewards, the real question is how long are we going to be without rewards? That is really what we are asking. In reality, anything over a week will upset people. Over a month will cause a number of people to become upset. Lets face it, if they say May, that means at least 6 weeks without any rewards for pvping. Meanwhile WvW will be rewarded for their server populations. That’s going to upset a good number of the few remaining spvpers. They can’t win here because there should be no downtime for rewards. That is the real issue. That is the reason people keep asking for confirmation that nothing else is happening with the patch.

As for balance, that is a separate team. It is also separate from the pvp update. Yes, it needs to happen. However, it’s just something that’s being added to the conversation to show that players are upset that pvp still has nothing coming.

The questions proposed are a trick to trap the devs into admiting the issue. In reality, we just need them to hold off on the removal of rewards until the new system is ready. Of course we also need spvp updates to actually start happening.

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Rickster.8752

Look. Here are the facts:

1, The balance that we have been told about was expressively stated as being during the first feature patch. – Karl and ready up crew
2, March 18th will not be the feature patch but a maintenence build – Grouch and Allie
3, The feature patch is due in “late spring/early summer” – colin johanson.

It really isn’t complicated.

So the balance patch is probably May 2014.

(edited by Rickster.8752)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

1, The balance that we have been told about was expressively stated as being during the first feature patch. – Karl and ready up crew
2, March 18th will not be the feature patch but a maintenence build – Grouch and Allie

When was the last pvp update? Put some perspective on how this information is being received.

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

this is actually the biggest problem of guild wars 2

in PvP

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I think this is all we really want the devs to say and remove all doubt.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Except they really can’t answer them at the moment because they are caught in a lose/lose situation.

When it comes to the new rewards, the real question is how long are we going to be without rewards? That is really what we are asking. In reality, anything over a week will upset people. Over a month will cause a number of people to become upset. Lets face it, if they say May, that means at least 6 weeks without any rewards for pvping. Meanwhile WvW will be rewarded for their server populations. That’s going to upset a good number of the few remaining spvpers. They can’t win here because there should be no downtime for rewards. That is the real issue. That is the reason people keep asking for confirmation that nothing else is happening with the patch.

As for balance, that is a separate team. It is also separate from the pvp update. Yes, it needs to happen. However, it’s just something that’s being added to the conversation to show that players are upset that pvp still has nothing coming.

The questions proposed are a trick to trap the devs into admiting the issue. In reality, we just need them to either hold off on the removal of rewards until the new system is ready. Of course we also need spvp updates to actually start happening.

If this is the case, would you agree that they made this problem for themselves when they released the game without any real spvp features,then changed their minds on the few pvp features that were in the game and then started talking about things they were no where near ready to talk about just to keep an already struggling community afloat?

I completely agree though, hold off on removing anything from pvp until the new rewards are ready to go!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

And this is how ANet intend to communicate dates? By getting us to connect the dots between various statements that not everyone would’ve been aware of? How about they just say, in one statement, “This is the time period to expect x update, which entails x changes.” I’d say that’s the more coherent way of communicating with players.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

The questions proposed are a trick to trap the devs into admiting the issue. In reality, we just need them to either hold off on the removal of rewards until the new system is ready. Of course we also need spvp updates to actually start happening.

This is the most truthful analysis and reply of the entire day. Everyone should listen to Dosvid here.

They won’t answer, because they physically can’t! The people present here have been twisting words and make their own theories and claims as official fact, that Arenanet can’t answer one way or the other without upsetting a large number of players in either way.

I say we all wait for the Ready-Up stream this Friday for answers straight from Josh’s mouth.

Thank you Dosvidaniya for your well-thought out response.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

I think this is all we really want the devs to say and remove all doubt.

This! It was only mentioned by colin in an obscure article hardly anyone read. I think ANET needs its own official statement like this in blog form or a forum post at the very least.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Snip

Well said +1

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

pve update every 2 weeks.
pvp update every 4 months.
niiicee

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Let me ask you this, how has being opened ever actually helped Anet? Whenever they were honest about stuff and it slipped they held by a subset of gamers for months and possibly years.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Someone stated that in software development you CAN’T give dates for changes.

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I think it was a fine comparison. Additionally, Rift pushes out patches every week.

ArenaNet says Guild Wars 2 is a AAA MMO. It’s only fair to compare it against other AAA MMOs.

Allie’s argument was poor – a new MMO should be able to leverage all of the best practices from other MMO’s, as well as learn from the mistakes of predecessors. In principle, there is no reason why GW2 shouldn’t be superior to WoW in terms of processes and QoL issues.

Instead it’s woefully behind its contemporaries in these regards: communication, frequency of patches, quality control, PvE balance, management of expectations.

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: rAzAc.8402

rAzAc.8402

How about this, an answer for an answer:

Allie Murdock
Community Coordinator
Could someone point me to where we have said that the March 18th build is the feature build? I’m trying to understand where the idea is coming from and why it has gotten to this point. I was out for 3 months so maybe I missed something.

Given that the only date that has been given in regards to a new release involving PvP and it has been 3 months since the last balance patch people expected something for the 18th of march. Also the “Ready Up” show has been confusing and no clear blogpost has been made since the 2nd of Dec. (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/)

Now it would be nice to get some sort of an answer to the topic.

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

could a dev plz answer this rather than just avoiding the question.

1. will there be ANY balance change in the march 18 update

2. if not WHEN will it come?

I want to know for how long I can quit the game until pvp is fixed

in PvP

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

One would think that simply answering the questions is easier than fabricating excuses to lock threads. Alas, I suppose it isn’t…

in PvP

Rickster.8752

Serious question:

What makes you think the new balance patch will change anything?

Any change would be good right now as people are bored of having to use the same skills and traits. I don’t envisage them changing a ton of the useless traits and skills so I do not think the balance patch will change anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

I also don’t think it will change the meta, but it will change at least something.

I just want something new… another class/build in the meta.

This game is really getting frustrating and moves in the wrong direction. I have so much hope and every balance patch it gets crushed. I’m expecting nothing, just another class to be ridiculously OP so we maybe have a slightly different meta.

But I don’t think it will change spiritranger, hambow, decap engi, perma evade thieves, terror necros

And I hope they have more for the ele than just this pathetic regeneration

But all we get is excuses and never some insight. Why not show us the current list of balance changes. At least we’d have something to look at.

But I think probably it will change nothing and then I will play another game

(edited by Django.5923)

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Balance discussion in GW2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcMqqR1MiYs

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Its not about game balance anymore its about devs telling BS straight in your face then saying its not like that.
Even if in the end they confirm that “maintenance patch” includes balance updates in it what does it matter? The community is raging for more than 5 hours even if they lied to us they have enough time to create 10 new balance patches.
The faith is lost already.
Sci-fi WoW clone doesnt sound that bad after all.

Ive asking/reading about these mysterious patches so much today that i even learned to spell “maintenance” without thinking twice.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

this may be of some help

As promised, here is the balance preview for the first feature build that will launch after the first Living World season ends. When reading through these changes please keep in mind the overall scope of the update – rune/sigil and critical damage changes included. The changes listed below are similar to what was mentioned on Ready Up on January 17th.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Feature-Build-Balance-Preview/first

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Here is how long you will have to wait:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcMRJgcGTdY&t=41s

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

The questions proposed are a trick to trap the devs into admiting the issue. In reality, we just need them to hold off on the removal of rewards until the new system is ready. Of course we also need spvp updates to actually start happening.

And who’s fault is that?

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Personally I just play super casual now. There is no need anymore to care for something in which they clearly do not have the resources to care in return. Just expect the worst and you won’t be let down. Find another game to fill the time, until A-net catches up, if ever.

Countless

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Personally I just play super casual now. There is no need anymore to care for something in which they clearly do not have the resources to care in return. Just expect the worst and you won’t be let down. Find another game to fill the time, until A-net catches up, if ever.

Countless

Good point. No one should be using the cash shop anymore. Why support a game that doesn’t support its players?

Any suggestions on which game?

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Countless

Good point. No one should be using the cash shop anymore. Why support a game that doesn’t support its players?

Any suggestions on which game?

Personally I pre-ordered Titanfall, so I’ll be streaming that the day it’s released. I’m a Fps fanatic at heart so It will be nice to get back into that realm. Mmo’s for me mean the community, but personally I cannot stay in a game where the community and the balance is both lacking. What kept me in wow for so long was the community, after so long any 1 game will eventually get stale like wow has for me personally. I’ll keep gw2 on the back-burner and just wait it out at this point.

I’ll probably play gw2 just in case, before any changes to clone on death happen. Might as well get that last ounce of fun in before they destroy my build completely.

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

In the unforeseeable future.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

I believe part of the problem is that there are too many names for these patches/updates, and if you don’t visit the forums often you won’t know what is on the way.

LivingStoryPatch – March 4th.

MaintenancePatch – March 18th, Glory Removal.

WvWSeason2Trigger – (Friday) WvW Tournament Begins March 28th. Not really a patch but still notable.

Feature Patch1 – Not yet determined. After the living story patch.

BalancePatch – Same as FeaturePatch1, just under a different name.

sPvPFeaturePatch – Some time in the distant future.

On a side note, I prefer the old patch preview that had text instead of a video. That way, I knew exactly what was included.

in PvP

Posted by: Vamp Rook.7835

Vamp Rook.7835

I think that it will be after WvW season 2, they didn’t want to do balance during WvW season 1…

in PvP

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I think that it will be after WvW season 2, they didn’t want to do balance during WvW season 1…

That is right.. I forgot about that comment from before. They said they wanted to lock in game changes to between seasons to avoid disrupting WvW… Late May does seem much more likely now…

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

I answered this question
here, and also commented on these concerns in a number of other threads that are now locked.

Thanks for the feedback, all!