When will they nerf the thief mobility?

in PvP

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Like seriously this is absurd. The amounts of teleports that class have is a nosense.

The usual thief try to burst you and fail, you retaliate and when he\she is at 30% health teleports to the other corner of the map.

This is not fun. If you try to burst somebody and fail you should not be able to escape every single time simply spamming shortbow\skills. It almost seems they don’t any initiative limits. It is enough bad they can teleport from nowhere and burst you down in 1 seconds(literally), have almost permanent evasion but also the ability to escape every single time simply spamming buttons.

Seriously this needs to be addressed now or with the deadeye this is going to be bad.

Can you imagine an SB\Rifle Deadeye which can one\two shot you with over 15k single attacks from over 1200 (like a very long ranged backstab) but also can stealth and teleport to the other corner of the map with a weapon swap if you get anywhere close?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

If only anythingnin this post was even a little more than partially true, and not full of blatant over exaggerations.

Initiative has finite amount, it’s tied to all weapon skills and weapons.

The Evades have been nerfed every recent balance patch and nowhere near Perma Evades.

Thief is designed to have the highest mobility but it has its limits, and other classes have almost similar Mobility and Kite potential.

Thieves lose a lot of mobility with the new ES since you know they have to be completely stationary to use the high Burst skill.

Lulz teleport to the other side of the map lulz SB 5 is only 900 range and cost 6 initiative if they were actually in a fight they won’t have full Initiative and let’s not forget Initiative doesn’t reset on Weapon swap, Shadowstep is on a 50 sec cd and is only 1200 range port but those pesky things as facts Evade people almost as much as Perma Evade thieves.

(edited by Sly.9518)

in PvP

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

If you are “literally” being burst down in 1 second by a thief either 1) You were at half HP and didn’t react at all or 2) You were at 100% HP, took your hands off the keyboard to sip your coffee and lost track of time.

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

If you are “literally” being burst down in 1 second by a thief either 1) You were at half HP and didn’t react at all or 2) You were at 100% HP, took your hands off the keyboard to sip your coffee and lost track of time.

Or 3, are running full zerk. Couldnt tell ya how many people I bursted down who were running full zerk.

But to OP, as common as this answer will be…L2P. Roll a thief and you will see how much your statement over exaggerates the reality of the class. They are meant to be the most mobile class (as typically rogues/assassins/ninjas are meant to be).

If you are NA and need help , Ill duel ya and give you pointers.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: wacounda.7421

wacounda.7421

thieves are far less cancerous in pvp than in wvw.
i win most of my duels against thieves in pvp.
but you cant fight a thief in wvw

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

thieves are far less cancerous in pvp than in wvw.
i win most of my duels against thieves in pvp.
but you cant fight a thief in wvw

Tihs!

sPvP:
- no burst sigils
- normalized (=nerfed) stats
- significant endurance nerfs
- skill nerfs (Vault)

WvW:
- all PvE buffs
- no sPvP nerfs

This leads to more or less funny results like Signet ofAgility:
- endurance nerfed for sPvP (50 endurance), but buffed condi cleanse
- fully buffed for WvW (100 endurance + 3 condi clear)

The PvE/WvW version of that signet could easily be an elite skill.

Teef is beyond broken in WvW … but only in WvW.

in PvP

Posted by: Emmibolt.3928

Emmibolt.3928

I give you infinity +1(heart)
I am war and I kill every thief 95% of the time 1v1. Op is a silly goosey moosey.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It is the dash dodge that provides way too much mobility. Perma swiftness + all movement impeding condition removal is too strong.

Their only weakness is being stunlocked after they blow up shadow step. However, some thieves bring bandit’s defense which makes them practically unkillable.

in PvP

Posted by: Dnyel.5620

Dnyel.5620

I love fighting a good thief on pvp, even with their perma swiftness, you have to be very skillful in order to beat to beat them down.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

If only anythingnin this post was even a little more than partially true, and not full of blatant over exaggerations.

Initiative has finite amount, it’s tied to all weapon skills and weapons.

The Evades have been nerfed every recent balance patch and nowhere near Perma Evades.

Thief is designed to have the highest mobility but it has its limits, and other classes have almost similar Mobility and Kite potential.

Thieves lose a lot of mobility with the new ES since you know they have to be completely stationary to use the high Burst skill.

Lulz teleport to the other side of the map lulz SB 5 is only 900 range and cost 6 initiative if they were actually in a fight they won’t have full Initiative and let’s not forget Initiative doesn’t reset on Weapon swap, Shadowstep is on a 50 sec cd and is only 1200 range port but those pesky things as facts Evade people almost as much as Perma Evade thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Pvp teef is anet’s joke on the community it seems. Gotta give fresh out of the box players a build to use with no skill required. You have the jumping bean staff or jumping bean condi teef, plus the teefs that just run around on the circle dance maps to decap. Really besides teef the only other cheese build would be the guard 1,000 block and burn build.

Besides those ez to pick up no skill required and go builds like those the rest of pvp is quite balanced. As a reaper i can kill most people 1v1 but if not careful i can be killed by most. Gw2 startup i had a teefy as main for pve and pvp, he even holds my account name as his. After easy wins and doing nothing but run around the circle dance maps it got too boring so i don’t teef much anymore. Good starter class.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: elez.4617

elez.4617

This is nonsense, any1 who rly play thief know that deadeye is not good for pvp at all. Only thing that thief is good at is mobility, wipe mobility and you can erese thief as a class in gw 2. Play as a thief for sometime and than come back here to complain against any class, i know that thief is rly pain in the… for those who are new in pvp or wvw, but once you learn to play against them you will be able to kill 85% of them. Let’s be honest as a new player you wont have a chance against those who play pvp or wvw for few year’s, but you won’t see any1 crying about rifle warrior when they one shot them, or when mesmer burst them down in less than a sec or when guard burn you to the ground, list goes on… Like i said before learn first than talk, and know that sometime’s no mather how good you think you are, there will be ppl who will wipe floor with any class they play. And btw if thief is that good as you are saying no1 would ask thief to switch class in pvp, why ppl do that? Coz 85% of them sux.

in PvP

Posted by: elez.4617

elez.4617

You made me laugh for a while, when you said that most squishyer class in whole game is good for beginners. Good tip for all who just started to play this game. Can’t wait to see their response after a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

They dont need to nerf their mobility, because they all die in big team fights,they cant rotate and are perma down.they dont make use of that mobility to plus one or anything, most play it like they play warrior.

Only 4 or 5 thievs in gw2 make use of that mobility.
So why nerf it right

in PvP

Posted by: OlsenSan.2987

OlsenSan.2987

Assassins are always the ones that people wants to nerf in any game, . But once you play that assassin class, you will know how to counter them. Assassin is suppose to be a killer, but usually they are easy to kill if you get to know the class first. Playing MMOs I’ve learned that you need 2 things to be good in pvp. Master your class and play other classes to know their strength.

Real life fights, MMA, etc. The ones who usually succeed learn and study about the oponent strength and weakeness to know how to defeat them. In a game shouldnt be different. Sometimes you also have to accept that someone is better than you or you are not good to fight against that class.

I am new to gw2, but I can tell, I really enjoy playing thief. I can kill many bosses without dying (soloing) only by using my mobility, stealth and healing at the right moment. It isn’t easy to do as people think, but since I am an old mmo player, it’s no biggie.

(edited by OlsenSan.2987)

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Assassins are always the ones that people wants to nerf in any game, . But once you play that assassin class, you will know how to counter them. Assassin is suppose to be a killer, but usually they are easy to kill if you get to know the class first. Playing MMOs I’ve learned that you need 2 things to be good in pvp. Master your class and play other classes to know their strength.

Real life fights, MMA, etc. The ones who usually succeed learn and study about the oponent strength and weakeness to know how to defeat them. In a game shouldnt be different. Sometimes you also have to accept that someone is better than you or you are not good to fight against that class.

I am new to gw2, but I can tell, I really enjoy playing thief. I can kill many bosses without dying (soloing) only by using my mobility, stealth and healing at the right moment. It isn’t easy to do as people think, but since I am an old mmo player, it’s no biggie.

Amazing, u can kill a boss solo?
Nice man
And u guys are worried about thieves in this game?