Where are the new modes?

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Seriously? Almost a year into GW2 and there’s only ONE game mode? WTF?

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

very constructive post, congratulations

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Kaizer.7135

very constructive post, congratulations

Oh teh ironyz

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

As dumb as those first two comments were, i do agree with the first guy. It’s been a year and we still don’t have king of the kill or relic runs or something different to just capture points, even PvP like fort aspen wood and jade quarry from guild wars would be a nice change. It has been a good introduction to PvP but we really need new options, please consider looking into ways of incorporating new modes into PvP i know everyone would enjoy a fresh challenge. We’ve seen how innovative you can be with PvP in guild wars one lets get creative and find a PvP mode that suits this game and opens up even more rewarding game play. Thanks for reading.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Southsun Survivor: Deathmatch in its purest form.
Aspect Arena: Capture the Flag.
Sanctum Sprint: Mario Kart.

All of these are PvP, they are alternate modes, and they exist in-game. Go play them.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Kaizer.7135

All of these are PvP, they are alternate modes, and they exist in-game. Go play them.

That’s not really sPvP, we don’t get to use our builds/skills. I have played them, and I didn’t like em all that much, they’re incredibly laggy, buggy and just an overall pain to play (probably because I live in NZ). Except Aspect Arena, that was pretty cool, I only played about 5 games of it until I got bored though.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Kaizer.7135

As dumb as those first two comments were, i do agree with the first guy. It’s been a year and we still don’t have king of the kill or relic runs or something different to just capture points, even PvP like fort aspen wood and jade quarry from guild wars would be a nice change. It has been a good introduction to PvP but we really need new options, please consider looking into ways of incorporating new modes into PvP i know everyone would enjoy a fresh challenge. We’ve seen how innovative you can be with PvP in guild wars one lets get creative and find a PvP mode that suits this game and opens up even more rewarding game play. Thanks for reading.

God I loved FA in GW1, I played that all the time. Hopefully living story releases a Faction vs Faction kinda concept (Kiel supporters vs that charr guy supporters?) and puts a twist on a mode like FA or JQ.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Lads, it’s been stated to death by Arena Net already. All modes will be conquest based with secondary objectives. We could be at 5 years and that will probably ring true still.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

I don’t know why devs won’t take risks and release new game types for custom arena and use player feedback to make them better. Spvp is only going to get worse anyway with all this conquest..

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

@OP: this game pvp will always be a casual joke. save your sanity and play something else

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

One step at a time. The next patch will bring a lot of neat features. Rewards and new game modes are being worked on. Yes, a year has passed, which is annoying, but things are at least coming.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Conquest actually is pretty good bad needs some improvements.
I dislike the idea of a Arena or deathmatch as a competitive mode,as fun mode will be ok..
A thing that i notice as i played WoW arenas is that in 2v2 and 3v3 when 1 person dies the match ends right there…The numbers matters a lot,even in 5v5 Arena the team that gets the first kill takes a huge advantage..
The mobas have taken out this aspect cause is to unforgiving and cant entertain casual players,even if you die once youll have another chance.Kills is not the main purpose,they help certainly but comon you will get em next time.
So its good that Anet forces conquest,also the conquest forces fights on nodes,you can disengage but the points are ticking for the opposite team so you got to defeat that player standing on the point.
On the other hand i think that Anet needs to tone down teamfights a little,imo they must make each node have the same distance from bases for both teams,i dont like that capping the farpoint gives you a disadvantage cause you know its far…so you are pretty much forced to zerg mid and keep one in homepoint.Its not happening all the time,i know,but i think is better watching Teldo winning a 2v1 from watching aoe zergs in mid trying to figure out who did what..

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

One step at a time. The next patch will bring a lot of neat features. Rewards and new game modes are being worked on. Yes, a year has passed, which is annoying, but things are at least coming.

Source please about the new game modes.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Just search for dev’s posts in this forum, they are working on something similar to a siege base-invasion/ conquest map, and are hoping to make it work.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Just search for dev’s posts in this forum, they are working on something similar to a siege base-invasion/ conquest map, and are hoping to make it work.

new mode: capture points arranged in a line!!! aren’t we all excited?

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Aspect Arena is NOT capture the flag, nor is it PvP. It is nothing more than a badly designed minigame.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

That’s still a conquest map. Where is the CtF and Arena? Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

All they need is a GW2 version of Heroes’ Ascent. Basically you don’t split the que to 10 different gamemodes and maps, they make 1 que, with a progressive tourament with lots of gamemodes and maps where consecutive wins get you further, with a goal to get to the Hall of Heroes. – this way we get variety, a goal to play for, community won’t split and everyone is happy

Keep conquest as the e-sport scene, but give something for those who came to play an MMO, or came from a game without what you couldn’t be here (GW1).

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

All they need is a GW2 version of Heroes’ Ascent. Basically you don’t split the que to 10 different gamemodes and maps, they make 1 que, with a progressive tourament with lots of gamemodes and maps where consecutive wins get you further, with a goal to get to the Hall of Heroes. – this way we get variety, a goal to play for, community won’t split and everyone is happy

Keep conquest as the e-sport scene, but give something for those who came to play an MMO, or came from a game without what you couldn’t be here (GW1).

Almost all HM maps turned into death match rather than actually playing the game mechanic. There were only a few (though yes, there were some) that were not death match. Even GvG was dominated by death match.

Why is it that GW1 true PvP (Not FA/JQ) which focused on death match get the pass and used as the shining example of PvP and GW2 is crucified for 1 game type.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

That’s not what the OP was talking about whatsoever. The fact that you think mini-games have any relevance to sPvP baffles me.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Almost all HM maps turned into death match rather than actually playing the game mechanic. There were only a few (though yes, there were some) that were not death match. Even GvG was dominated by death match.

Why is it that GW1 true PvP (Not FA/JQ) which focused on death match get the pass and used as the shining example of PvP and GW2 is crucified for 1 game type.

Exactly. Conquest is like a smaller evrsion of AB, and AB wasn’t even considered Pvp by the players.

Their only reason to abandon deathmatch was that 2 sides were just watching each other without starting the fight, then everyone just popped his elite… well, lock the elite skills, and palce some kind of commune points on the map, or throw in a flag to both starter areas, and if someone takes the flag to the middle of the map, they can use their elite skills.
Both problems solved, because you will want to use your elite skill. Not perfect, but took me 0.2 seconds to come up with this…

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Exactly. Conquest is like a smaller evrsion of AB, and AB wasn’t even considered Pvp by the players.

Their only reason to abandon deathmatch was that 2 sides were just watching each other without starting the fight, then everyone just popped his elite… well, lock the elite skills, and palce some kind of commune points on the map, or throw in a flag to both starter areas, and if someone takes the flag to the middle of the map, they can use their elite skills.
Both problems solved, because you will want to use your elite skill. Not perfect, but took me 0.2 seconds to come up with this…

DM doesnt work in GW2 because of how the classes are built. To much independence and not enough reliance on your teammates for survival outside of res and an occasional peel.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Crab toss is in southsun cove, dragonball use to be in LA not sure if still there. I haven’t seen any updates in kegbrawl lately, deserves some new maps if you ask me because it goes off of PvP ranks.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Ok, found it and no where does it say they are working on a new game mode. Toying around with an idea =/= new game mode.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

becouse its very hard to create a blank map were u put 5 dudes against 5 other dudes and make em kill each other.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

new game modes would be too fun. anet doesn’t want that. deathmatch 3v3 or 5v5 would become the preferred game mode and everyone would realize how boring conquest really is.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Mystylaise.4673

Mystylaise.4673

New game modes ? Answer here : http://youtu.be/8pabPl4SYtU?t=20m40s

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

DM doesnt work in GW2 because of how the classes are built. To much independence and not enough reliance on your teammates for survival outside of res and an occasional peel.

If you can kill your enemy in a teamfight then i don’t get it why wouldn’t DM work. We did some fun 2v2 matches in my CA, and we managed to kill off each other always, even bunkers went down. (all 4 of us were around top 100-400, so not hotjoin heroes).

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Sanctum sprint is more like sonic IMO.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

We won’t be seeing a new mode for a long, long time – possibly ever.

Anet is still currently balancing their classes for the conquest game mode – that balance is different than say, CTF or TDM – especially if they want this game to become an esport.

Even when they get conquest balance to a point where the community feels everything is working, it’ll be a nightmare to introduce a new game mode because then you have to design any new balance changes with both modes in mind.

How useful is a slow bunker guard in CTF or TDM? How will the boards handle the stealth spam burst thief QQ in TDM? How do you fix those issues without screwing up Conquest?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

There’re are 2 things that devs completely forgot: this is an MMO, and this is a sequel.

MMOs need variety, and GW1 had it. Just add some pretty high expectations to the soup, and you get many many very very very disappointed core-players who are no longer your target audience.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

If you can kill your enemy in a teamfight then i don’t get it why wouldn’t DM work. We did some fun 2v2 matches in my CA, and we managed to kill off each other always, even bunkers went down. (all 4 of us were around top 100-400, so not hotjoin heroes).

If you have DM mode, you will get DM builds. Already a support guardian with some DPS and a spirit ranger can 2v2 things without dying for basically forever with a ton of res support. Does that really sound more entertaining than what we have now? Atleast now if you run into a bunker you can focus on one of the other map mechanics or push a different node. Pure killing… your stuck auto attacking eachother because you realize neither team is going to die. The converse, if you run pure glass builds, is that you have a whole 5 second team fight before 1 person gets burst down and the fight is then over.

If this game needs more modes, death match is not one of them.

There’re are 2 things that devs completely forgot: this is an MMO, and this is a sequel.

MMOs need variety, and GW1 had it. Just add some pretty high expectations to the soup, and you get many many very very very disappointed core-players who are no longer your target audience.

Your wrong, in my opinion, on both fronts. MMOs need PvE which is exactly what the vast majority of Anet dev team is focused on and this is not a direct sequel to GW1 as Anet has stated many times. This game is its own game, ment to stand up on its own and while it takes some things from GW1 the intent has always been to design a NEW game and not an updated clone of GW1.

(edited by Parisalchuk.9230)

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

COD and LOL as example.
We are doomed. ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Even when they get conquest balance to a point where the community feels everything is working, it’ll be a nightmare to introduce a new game mode because then you have to design any new balance changes with both modes in mind.

No you don’t. Given their previous game they certainly do not feel that they have to.
RA wasn’t a balance concern, TA was also pretty much the same.
Unless there was an issue specific to that game mode that wouldn’t affect GvG and HA to a lesser degree, it wouldn’t be changed.
If it was an issue for GvG then it was getting changed and everyone would feel it unless it was split for pvp in which case pve was spared.

Only have to look at Tpvp vs WvW balance.
Any new game mode they add will pretty much be just for fun unless the community loved it more than Conquest and they decided to switch priorities.

The great forum duppy.

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

There’s really no excuse for them not putting in an option to turn off nodes in custom arenas. I get that they think people won’t enjoy deathmatch and thus won’t put in the effort to make a map specifically for it, but they could have let people turn the existing maps into deathmatch, yet they didn’t. They said they were working on it, but apparently decided not to go through with it. Just ridiculous.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

If you have DM mode, you will get DM builds. Already a support guardian with some DPS and a spirit ranger can 2v2 things without dying for basically forever with a ton of res support. Does that really sound more entertaining than what we have now? Atleast now if you run into a bunker you can focus on one of the other map mechanics or push a different node. Pure killing… your stuck auto attacking eachother because you realize neither team is going to die. The converse, if you run pure glass builds, is that you have a whole 5 second team fight before 1 person gets burst down and the fight is then over.

If this game needs more modes, death match is not one of them.

Your wrong, in my opinion, on both fronts. MMOs need PvE which is exactly what the vast majority of Anet dev team is focused on and this is not a direct sequel to GW1 as Anet has stated many times. This game is its own game, ment to stand up on its own and while it takes some things from GW1 the intent has always been to design a NEW game and not an updated clone of GW1.

1st: they told us this game will have everything we loved from GW1 – it has nothing but the places in PvE – but all of them as ruins.

2nd: I mean they tend to forget this is an MMO, because for example, in the last sotg they compared it to starcraft and some fps games, they realized that even those things got more than 1 gamemodes, but starcraft is fine with 1, and they were reasoning with this. – well I don’t know any MMO with only 1 gamemode and no deathmatch.

3rd: I don’t want to play GW1 2.0, however it would be a lot more successful PvP-wise. If they would take some gamemodes from GW1 and would modify them to match GW2 – you wouldn’t complain, believe me.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Where are the new modes?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

COD and LOL as example.
We are doomed. ^^

I don’t get it why are they looking for the most nonsense ways to develop things. I get it they want something new, but taking aspects from other genres aren’t that unique btw.

There’s a game called GW1. Take things from there.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)