Where do I play other bad players?

in PvP

Posted by: cannons.8109

cannons.8109

I’m relatively new to sPVP and I know I’m bad because I get wrecked in less than 10 seconds by any decent player. Would love to find a safe place where I can get games with only players who have low elo/ranking, so I can learn at my pace and try out new classes and builds. I’ve tried unranked solo queue and also custom games, but there are so many legendary players (with the dragon finishers) everywhere I go. Are there any methods of getting into games with only similarly-skilled (or unskilled as the case may be) players?

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

nnnnnnnnhotjoin.

Disclaimer: Some of them might still be [kitten] op.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Find a cool dude in a duel server who’ll drop hints. I’d help you out, but I haven’t been on much lately.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Stronghold. all the nubs are there, conquest for real pvp’ers for the most part.

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Get a few buddy or a guild… they can help a lot…

You cannot even imagine how easier is even the unranked if you play in a premade (2-3-4 counts aswell)…

Do not let yourself burning out! Seek for help!

I for example learned everything from my PvP mentor… He can still destroy 80% of the matches my Guardian with his Thief whatever I do… And I should hard-counter him

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Lots of good hotjoins. Don’t go to 001 server- Buckets/Lyca/CellD will destroy you. But other hotjoins are fine.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

I’m relatively new to sPVP and I know I’m bad because I get wrecked in less than 10 seconds by any decent player. Would love to find a safe place where I can get games with only players who have low elo/ranking, so I can learn at my pace and try out new classes and builds. I’ve tried unranked solo queue and also custom games, but there are so many legendary players (with the dragon finishers) everywhere I go. Are there any methods of getting into games with only similarly-skilled (or unskilled as the case may be) players?

Matchmaking should actually take care of this. If you lose enough games, you MMR will go down, and you should be matched with less experienced players.

Hot-join games might be worth a try, though I don’t enjoy these in particular, as the players of the losing team usually leave. So either you stomp them 5 vs 2 or get stomped yourself.

Even as there are many concerns about unranked queue for solo players, the matchups are lot more enjoyable to me than hot-join.

Also: You shouldn’t care about the finishers, they don’t tell anything about skill.

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Usually in unkanked, the main reason why you’re getting wrecked is mainly because ranked is temporary disabled and players who do ranked have no where to go so they queue up in unranked so we end up having 2 different crowds in one queue and matchmaking is really bad. Hotjojns are toxic but right now there is no other place to be so no choice or just wait until they implement leagues and hopefully we will get a good matchmaking system.

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Stay away from HotJoin… get a good build and join Unranked….

There is no matchmaking in HJ really…

(well UR has some issues due to every high MMR player is forced to play UR instead of Ranked… So they can melt faces… This will change in December…)

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Wait for Leagues. Then you’ll play people on your league.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Wait for Leagues. Then you’ll play people on your league.

Even with Leagues, 3-4 weeks every 10 weeks, everyone will be merged like right now. 2 weeks of pseudo-balance transition and, say, a week or 2 before experienced players detach from others.

And that’s not counting premades still screwing solo players, as we have not heard anything about separate queues returning, which is a very VERY bad sign.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

well technically, leagues will get better the longer we play due to MMR becoming more accurate. and bads wont get carried any longer. that is the hope.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Drop me a message, ill help you out.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanity Points.8073

Sanity Points.8073

I’ve always found going up against players that were better than me helped me improve, maybe asking a few guildies to give you some tips?