Where does the solo player really play?

in PvP

Posted by: longbawl.5072

longbawl.5072

Hotjoin: Laughable

Soloq: We all know these issues.

Solo- teamq: good luck. you’ll mostly see coordinated teams.

So where do we have any good competitive pvp action in this game on a consistent basis? Not once every 5-10 games.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I haven’t been able to play much for a while, but when I do, I solo all three of those and find them enjoyable. Hotjoin is kind of ridiculous but I’ve become accustomed to just using it to get “warmed up” for a real match or for playing an absurd build.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

in soloq while trying not to pull hair out because of another kitteng skyhammer in a row

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I can’t stand hotjoins anymore. I go in them from time to time. If I don’t feel like playing tpvp or if I don’t really have enough time for a match. After over 1000 soloq matches, I’m just sick of it. Skyhammer, Spirit Watch, 4v5, and etc. We all know the drill.

So that leaves teamq, which really isn’t that bad. Sure you are going to go up against some really coordinated teams from time to time, but it’s still more enjoyable then soloq. Don’t have to worry about any terrible maps. Players in general seem better and are more focused on winning. Most of the time you end up partying with players you meet. Also it rewarding more is a huge plus.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: longbawl.5072

longbawl.5072

…it’s still more enjoyable then soloq. Don’t have to worry about any terrible maps. Players in general seem better and are more focused on winning. Most of the time you end up partying with players you meet. Also it rewarding more is a huge plus.

Exactly. So why have a soloq at all when teamq is a better use of time?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

…it’s still more enjoyable then soloq. Don’t have to worry about any terrible maps. Players in general seem better and are more focused on winning. Most of the time you end up partying with players you meet. Also it rewarding more is a huge plus.

Exactly. So why have a soloq at all when teamq is a better use of time?

cause it is not – i hate to play teamQ solo and i do it only to farm champion titles or rankpoints

but fun? no

sure soloQ has problems with skyhammer/spiritwatch and Devs total ignoring this + some 4v5
but at the end after 100+ games it is fair

not soloQ kill the game – devs do it – they ignore what players want/hate

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I like both Spirit Watch and Skyhammer, so they are obviously not ignoring me, a player. It’s ok to say that you do not like something, but it’s bad and wrong to say “everyone hates this”. It is just not true.

in PvP

Romek.4201

I like both Spirit Watch and Skyhammer, so they are obviously not ignoring me, a player. It’s ok to say that you do not like something, but it’s bad and wrong to say “everyone hates this”. It is just not true.

i dont care when you like it or other “20 games played” Random Bobs – i know most hate it (there even was a poll for it) and alot soloQ players stopped playing soloQ cause this maps are an insult for anyone who wanna play competive

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

soloq is the most big crap i ever saw

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The only issues with soloqueue are:

- Skyhammer/spiritwatch.
- High percentage of 4 vs 5’s
- Lack of proper matchmaking (mostly due to a lack of players).

Besides that its great. Its basicly a better slightly more competetive version of hotjoin. Its something that alot of wow players for example have been asking for for years.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I just hotjoin nowadays. SoloQ is pointless, and I doubt that TeamQ’s rating system is much better, but nonetheless the presence of professional teams there makes it much more difficult to climb up the ladder anyways. Not to mention- I’d rather be at the top of a SoloQ ladder than a TeamQ one. Hotjoin is easier for just dropping in and out of matches, it’s a lot less stressful, and you get more choice over which maps you’re going to be on (especially since the cycling of maps is constant). Sure, the vast majority of players are absolutely terrible, but at least I have more fun and am more productive than I would be doing SoloQ and TeamQ.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

erm, what? coordinated teams in teamq? mostly i play against teams made up by 5 seperate people or at best 2-3. it’s rather rare that i stumble upon full teams.
i play teamq solo because there is no skyham and shiny-bubble-map (edit: i just read here it’s called spirit watch). as a solo player i’d still recommend teamq.

(edited by zaced.7948)

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

I play Solo TeamQ. It is 100 times better than SoloQ. No Skyhammer and Spirit Watch. I’ve been all over the Soloq leaderboards, from rank 50 and now down to 78% cause I stoped playing in it. This was as a zerker staff ele mind you. So it took some effort.

When I reached the rank 50+ mark the match making decided I had won to many and started throwing low ranks in my games and giving nothing but Skyfail and Spiritfail/ My rank quickly started falling. Thats when I started TeamQ Solo. You can find really good 2-4 man teams running and stomp some premades. Then group up and go as far as you can til you hit the ProTeams, Which is like 3 full NA teams that actually que anymore. Most people you will fight will be the pug teams. I have managed to stay somewhere between top 300-500 on the TeamQ LB as someone who rarely finds a full group to play with.

Also make some friends with good palyers you meet and do 2-4 person ques. You will find it much better then trying to win at the Soloq Matchin Making.

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Yeah, I just started queuing again and I’m going solo into team queue. I’ve had a few games that we lost (470 vs 500 and 499 vs 500) where my team was pug and the opponents were premade, but all in all it’s been a lot of fun. It’s quite possible to get into the top 1000 even going in solo.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Expecting solo queue to be as competitive as team queue in any PvP game is a little ridiculous my friend.

If you want to get legitimately competitive in any PvP team game you’ll have to try get together with a few friends, whether from in game or out.
Even queuing as a duo/triple for team queue can improve your win rate significantly (assuming you and your mates are decent players of course).

in PvP

Romek.4201

Expecting solo queue to be as competitive as team queue in any PvP game is a little ridiculous my friend.

If you want to get legitimately competitive in any PvP team game you’ll have to try get together with a few friends, whether from in game or out.
Even queuing as a duo/triple for team queue can improve your win rate significantly (assuming you and your mates are decent players of course).

but there is no gamemode for this
to can call it competive it have to be 5v5 and join as 5man team only

like it is now the leaderbaord is a complete joke cause ALL teams have inflated MMR/ranking and are on postitions they dont deserve because they farmed randoms on there way – solo duo triple or pug premade whatever

right now there are teams much higher than they deserve to be and even when you beat them they jsut farm some randoms and are higher than you again

total broken

or look on win/lose ratio in leaderboard in teamQ – seriously 80+%? with 1000+ games? Thats worse than Skyhammer farming.

dont call this bullkitten competive

atleast in soloQ can noone abuse this and have to fight for it and people in top 20 in soloQ really deserve it to be there and can be called “GOOD”

sure soloQ is not perfect and has it flaws but it is the only competive mode this game has

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

add option to disable downstate in custom arena and i will come back

in PvP

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Solo TeamQ is basically the same as the OLD matchmaking system where you only had free and paid tourney’s

but coming back 2 see finally a split between solo and team q i thought that was a needed change (and it is) they do need to work on quite a lot of tweaks… proper matchmaking and MMR rating system would be a good start

wtf…skyham….all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

add option to disable downstate in custom arena and i will come back

And lose one of this forum’s least original trolls?

in PvP

entropy.9613

i dont care when you like it or other “20 games played” Random Bobs – i know most hate it (there even was a poll for it) and alot soloQ players stopped playing soloQ cause this maps are an insult for anyone who wanna play competive

Well, then… if there was a poll

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Well, then… if there was a poll

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Poll-Should-Skyhammer-be-Removed

There is at least one more such poll, with a similar result.

All you skyhammer lovers can now vote and bump up the rating for skyhammer in solo queue. You only need 98 more votes to get a 50% approval rating for skyhammer in soloqueue. good luck.

in PvP

entropy.9613

According to poll 75% hates Skyhammer and wants it removed.

Self-selection bias.

Results are unreliable.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/merged-The-Skyhammer-Thread/page/4

See also: Unrepresentative poll is unrepresentative.

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

To contribute to OP’s post:

I think most Solo Players are now in TeamQ (but ~200 ranks below their actual skill ratings).

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

ANET PLEASE REMOVE THE ABILITY TO JOIN AS 4 OR 1 IN TEAM QUEUE. THE PURPOSE OF —>TEAM <-—- THE WORD, IS TO JOIN AS COORDINATED TEAMS.

dont ask or mention why 4 too, just think about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Hotjoin – because idgaf about the capture mode enough to do it in solo queue.

I only jump into hotjoin when I get fed up spending ages searching for small scale fights, solo roaming in wvw – hotjoin just gives me instant pvp action, where I don’t have to think much, don’t have to search for players to fight, and never make a loss in coin.

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I don’t play much so I run a wvw build in hotjoins as a d/p power thief and just farm my dailies when I can. That and wvw. Good solo action out there for a thief still.

Just another noob thief…

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

I highly prefer soloQ when playing on my own, but due to waiting at least 15 min for a matchup, i usually play teamQ these days.

Rewards should be equal in both modes, so people would play soloQ again. No one cares about rewards anyway. Rank is worthless due to skyhammerfarmers, 30 silver each win is a joke and the rewardchests are completly useless because everyone already has all archiveable skins.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

I highly prefer soloQ when playing on my own, but due to waiting at least 15 min for a matchup, i usually play teamQ these days.

Rewards should be equal in both modes, so people would play soloQ again. No one cares about rewards anyway. Rank is worthless due to skyhammerfarmers, 30 silver each win is a joke and the rewardchests are completly useless because everyone already has all archiveable skins.

YES THIS, 30s IS a joke. needs to be 70 silver to even slightly compete with the dungeon runners and considering we never always win.

dailies are nothing to strive for. we play pvp for fun, then we’re like, hey look a chest, the most exciting part about it is that a chest pops up for reward but NOT the reward itself, seriously, why not a daily that rewards you with 3 k glory or…. wth is decently valuable in this game anyway?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

According to poll 75% hates Skyhammer and wants it removed.

Self-selection bias.

Results are unreliable.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/merged-The-Skyhammer-Thread/page/4

See also: Unrepresentative poll is unrepresentative.

The results are unreliable and polls are unrepresentative due to self-selection bias etc when they do not confirm what you want them to.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/The-Community-Speaks/first#post3600753