Where is the PvP balance patch?

in PvP

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Now don’t get me wrong, most classes right now are viable in PvP, and imo the mix zerker and mix cele meta are a lot better than the old bunk meta. But after almost a year playing it, it gets really repetitive and boring. It is not so much about balancing, it is about keeping the game fresh and interesting, making people try more things.

You keep giving us small but irrelevant things, nothing big that makes people want to innovate or make people excited to play PvP again. Tournament is not the way to go because it is still just the same game one year ago.

If you look at League, they got a balance patches that pretty much completely shift the meta every 3 weeks, and it keeps people on their toes, keep the matches fresh and not repetitive.

Anet you can’t just give us 1 balance patch a year, it is just not going to work. Blu/OE, probably the two people that believe in GW2 PvP the most, have already moved on because of the slow, stale, repetitive states PvP and no communication from Anet.

We want new meta, we want new things, we want to be excited to play the game again.

Finger pointing a few things:
- Cele Engi
- Shoutbow
- D/D Ele
- DPS Guard
- Thief making Mesmer useless in teamfight
- Immobilize jumping bug and immobilize and a condition in general
- Let us do something while waiting for queue (hotjoin, duel, etc)
- Leaderboard fixing needs to happen a lot faster instead of every 6 months

Please Anet, update PvP a lot more frequently and communicate with your players about it

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

You don’t know?
They are working on it !

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I doubt we’ll get sth. before the big specialization-patch….. Really wonder when this on’es gonna hit though…. Can’t w8!

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with cele engie and medi guard. theyre right where they need to be.

in PvP

Posted by: Thorbalon.4913

Thorbalon.4913

When will the large patch of specialization? I want new meta.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’m guessing it’s going to be over a month from now. I can’t see us getting anything patch wise since they are changing all of the traits.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

soon… o wait maybe longer they need atleast 15 words

(edited by official.7362)

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Soon™ /15chars.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with cele engie and medi guard. theyre right where they need to be.

I don’t mind cele-engis at all (they’re being played like crazy atm, but there are enough counters that ppl will probably soon start playing again).

But the undodgeable Hammer5+JI and Scepter immobilize are pretty stupid…. At least make the scepter immob a projectile you can actually dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I don’t mind cele-engis at all (they’re being played like crazy atm, but there are enough counters that ppl will probably soon start playing again).

But the undodgeable Hammer5+JI and Scepter immobilize are pretty stupid…. At least make the scepter immob a projectile you can actually dodge.

at least cele engi cc’s itself. medi has no such balance

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

at least cele engi cc’s itself. medi has no such balance

yeah, but especially the Guardian Hammer is kinda hard to balance, since the CC is the main Problem (especially the ring), but it’s also a big part of why the hammer is used. I guess it’s kinda too easy to get the huge burst from hammer 2 in though, together with the immobilize. The hammer would otherwise be pretty cool, cuz the skills have a high impact, but you can dodge them easily (at least the 2,3 and 4. The 5 if you don’t count Judges intervention). there’s just too much immobilize thats almost impossible to avoid in the current meta and it’s one big reason (besides stealth and undodgeable procs like air/fire) why the spikes are so effective.

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

As much as I like current cele meta, with fights breaking all over the map, and now 3 zerker + 2 nodeholder meta, I am really bored.

I just want new balance patch so I can start over again, learn new stuff/class, and start fresh.

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

Yeah, everyone agrees that the game hasn’t been this balanced since release. Even though we have no game-breaking OP god-builds we had in the past, it still doesn’t mean you shouldn’t shift things around a bit. And I’m sure no one wants you to nerf what is currently used since none of it is overpowered, just introduce new things so people can add even more viable builds to the game. You managed that in GW1, I recall there were at least 5-7 meta TEAM builds at the same moment! And all had their strengths and weaknesses which made the game fun!

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

If you look at League, they got a balance patches that pretty much completely shift the meta every 3 weeks, and it keeps people on their toes, keep the matches fresh and not repetitive.

You mean, they nerf currently played heroes(sorry, champions) and buff underplayed ones, so they can sell more heroes champions.
That’s just switching around what narrow selection of heroes champions the players are supposed to play.
Doesn’t sound like balance to me. More like a business model.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

You mean, they nerf currently played heroes(sorry, champions) and buff underplayed ones, so they can sell more heroes champions.
That’s just switching around what narrow selection of heroes champions the players are supposed to play.

sure, I dont mind as long as each class gets a chance to be IN the meta. Mesmers, Necros and Rangers need a balance patch.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

sure, I dont mind as long as each class gets a chance to be IN the meta. Mesmers, Necros and Rangers need a balance patch.

That’s a ridiculous way to approach balance.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

they just nerfed turrents. so there’s that. i’m w/ whoever, we’ll prob wait until HoT for another balance/shift of metas

doesn’t make sense for them to be working on balancing the current build + HoT. balance HoT and we just gonna hve to wait