Which Division will I start next Season?

in PvP

Posted by: Samak.7498

Samak.7498

Q:

So I’ve picked up a lot of information in-game but couldn’t find any source to evaluate how accurate it is.
What determines at which division I start in the next season?
I have made it to Ruby once and started in Emerald. This season I made it to Diamond.
I have been told that making it to Diamond Tier 3 or higher will make you start off in Sapphire in the next season but I wasn’t able to confirm this anywhere.

Is this true? And if it is, what does Diamond T3 mean? Just being in that Tier or having completed that Tier? And if you have completed it and got the rewards and then fall back to T2, do you still start in Sapphire?

Lastly I would like to know what this means for the Division Crossing achievement. Currently I am at 2/4 which means I have 2 more divisions to cross. I’ve been told that if I start at Sapphire, I will get the achievement after winning 1 match. Is this correct as well or would I have to actively cross 2 more Divisions after Sapphire?

I am now 1 Pip into Diamond T3 and if that is enough to start at Sapphire I would just leave it here until next Season, for if I was to lose it I would have to cross an entire Division again to get the Division Crossing achievement.

Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion and sorry if I was just too dumb to find an explanation online. I really did my best googling all of this.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

As far as I knew all diamonds start in sapphire next season if they use the same process they did this season.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

As far as I knew all diamonds start in sapphire next season if they use the same process they did this season.

^This.

Legend and Diamond start in Sapphire, Ruby and Sapphire start in Emerald, everyone else is amber.

That’s if they do the same thing next season.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Samak.7498

Samak.7498

Okay cool, thanks for the answers. Feeling really chuffed if that also means I automatically get awarded the progress of crossing 2 divisions for the League Elite achievement.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Okay cool, thanks for the answers. Feeling really chuffed if that also means I automatically get awarded the progress of crossing 2 divisions for the League Elite achievement.

Yeah, that’s why I’m hopeful.i can get in to Diamond, I’m currently T4 Ruby, so I can play one match and be done.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|