Which game has better pvp than this one?

in PvP

Posted by: Chippidysan.4291

Chippidysan.4291

Don’t say wow. I want to play a game with PvP in it, this obviously isn’t going well, so what games did you come from.

in PvP

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

This is your way of stylishly pretending to quit the game because of its PvP, when in reality you are on your knees begging to the Anet gods to fix it and clinging on to to your character for dear life. You don’t have to act cool.

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

So far this has been the best PvP experience for me of any MMO I’ve played. Not much variety, but that will come with time, but the focus on positioning, reflexes, and map control over skill rotation/gear/counter-comps has been a very welcome change for me. I love how much I can customize my builds and affect the match in so many different ways.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Chippidysan.4291

Chippidysan.4291

I only bought this game for its PvP, if you have a suggestion I will post screens of uninstall.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

i bought gw2 solely for pvp as well

not tpvp, but random spvp

i have to say i dont know another game better currently, the closest is WoW but right now battlegrounds are riddled with bots and blizz isnt doing much

in PvP

Posted by: SlimJim.3087

SlimJim.3087

I like GW2 PVP so far, it has its problems and needs alot of balancing in my opinion but overall its enjoyable, and will be even more so when rangers get their fix that should be coming soon.

IF you want some more traditional style PVP thats still highly skill based try out RIFT, yes it has the H3 but every class can do at least 2 of those 3 very well and in PVP you can actually triumph with skill over Gear if you are good enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Guild Wars did, don’t know about now, I’ll need to reinstall and tell you. But I’m giving Guild Wars 2 a chance, the first one turned out so well that they’ve deserved the benefit of the doubt that they might be making this game – especially the sPvP – have more content. Besides, it’s not like I’m paying my monthly fee to play this game or anything…

Balancing is an issue in every MMO, it’ll be endlessly adjusted and get better eventually.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

Guild wars 1. Honestly, it’s completely different from 2. I like em both, but gw1 definitely has the superior structured pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

This close to release, this is the best pvp I’ve played in an mmo. I’ve played mmo’s and pvp over 10 years.

GW2 pvp has many problems and lack of variety in game modes/maps, but it has really potential pvp setup that just needs a bit more polishing and time to evolve. Hopefully Anet will make the effort.

GW1 is/was the best pvp I’ve seen in mmo so far. Tactical evolving gameplay, e-sporty, team strategy oriented, fun to watch, and it rewarded skill which heavily included situational awareness, like in SC2 f.ex.

(edited by Sonnet.9840)

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

GW1 maybe. Same as Sonnet here, been playing pvp mmos for 10-15 years, and GW 1+2 have had the best graphical pvp I’ve played so far.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

Guildwars 1 players are looking for more people to play gvg with. If I reccomend a game it would be guildwars 1, for pvp, as it’s pretty much the best out there for mmo pvp, even though it was even better a few years ago.

Just expect to see classes functioning in a way you don’t see them functioning here. Guildwars one as my friend put it a week ago was a masterpiece, and so was the mesmer class. The teamplay in that game is on a whole different level, it makes you wonder if the entire company has been exchanged when you sit there and try to ponder at how they got gw2 from gw1.

If you want to know why there was such high expectations for this game guildwars 1 is why.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

I am really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Dark age of Camelot had the best PvP of all times. Of all times.

daoc is still alive, but at it’s current state on live, no thanks. Considering that game with similar pvp systems will never come (for example, when you are interrupted on casting in daoc, not only it’s full stop on your casting, you can’t cast anything for next 2-3 seconds, nobody will implement game like that but this allowed them to do very powerful casters and healers without them being unkillable).

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

Guildwars one also had interrupts that disabled those were mainly on the mesmer and rangers, two of the classes that are very dissapointed with their gw2 counterparts.

in PvP

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

I have to agree, where have all the interrupts gone? And rangers, my favorite class in gw1, are absolutely neutered in gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Velkira.2316

Velkira.2316

gw1 during the early years
best pvp ever

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I also bought GW2 mainly for spvp and sad to say I’m very disapointed. Still the only MMO with better pvp is GW1, and I’ve played many.

Anyway as it is currently GW2 pvp is shallow and unbalanced. I still remember how fun it was when I started playing playing GW1, just standing in RA/HA or in Guild Hall (yeah GW1 acutally had Guild Halls) and coming up with new builds in that sea of skills that you had. Right now each class in GW2 has about as many utility skills as you had only elite skills in GW1, on top of it most of the utility skills are completely useless.

GW1 acutally came up with a new “holy trinity” in pvp, which was DPS, heal and somekind of CC class. I think they should’ve sticked with it, because it was darn fun. Anyway, I could go on for hours about what I feel is wrong with GW2 spvp… I just think the whole system is fundamentally broken and I’m in serious doubt they can even fix it (atleast not anytime soon).

But if they do, I’ll be there, playing…

in PvP

Posted by: Tilki.8520

Tilki.8520

Poplik wow has a very similar interrupt system

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

I have to agree, where have all the interrupts gone? And rangers, my favorite class in gw1, are absolutely neutered in gw2.

I really think this game engine could have done something similar to gw1 goes as far as the interrupts and formats goes and overall way the teams play together as a team and have to position properly.

Mesmer for example could have a very short stun like .1 second that also disables that would function as a rupt. I personally strongly dislike the way mesmers currently are for “rupting” and it was my favorite and main thing I did in gw1.

Rangers could have the same thing, but its not just stuns that rupt we got knockback/blowouts, etc etc. Gw2 just isn’t on the same level in so many categories. I think it plays like the average mmo game, whereas if they took the guildwars route we would have had another great game.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Play MOBA’s for actual good multiplayer pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

This is your way of stylishly pretending to quit the game because of its PvP, when in reality you are on your knees begging to the Anet gods to fix it and clinging on to to your character for dear life. You don’t have to act cool.

LOL qft. Best first response ever.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Poplik wow has a very similar interrupt system

Not even close to being similar. In DAoC ANY attack interrupted casting, even auto attack. You had a fast cast where you could get off one spell once you were being interrupted, generally saved for a cc so you could get away.

in PvP

Posted by: Kazzuki.5704

Kazzuki.5704

Dragon nest , korean made. Now with new guild wars system. Better evade system, more innovative classes , more pvp types , no WvWvW though . Also a ladder 1v1 . Also has no holy trinity, no monthly subscription , and has a seperate Oceania server.

That and daoc still has better pvp lol . Rally system for the lose, down state is fine.

Oh forgot to also add that Dragonnest uses a new style fps cursor targeting combo style , for your auto attack , basically what that means is your character hits where you akittengeting with your mouse, and the longer you are able to track your enemy, the higher the chance you can chain utility abilities to combo hit. Basically if you ever want to experience the highest end of Mmo pvp , whereby you are required to look at your enemy to evade attacks , this is it .

American clone of it is called vindictus which unfortunately flopped due to bad game hosting.

above is a video of Korea vs china in esport 1v1 ladder tournament . The game is balanced around a strict 1v1 system that scales upwards so 2v2,3v3… to 8v8 is all balance as user skill is tied directly to the combo system(aka your tracking ability) . Fyi for casuals, there is an enhance ai smart aim so you dont miss like a clown but when you try to go for long combos without practice .. that takes weeks to master.

Oh and below is their Guild wars trailer.. with mounts.

(edited by Kazzuki.5704)

in PvP

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

This close to release, this is the best pvp I’ve played in an mmo. I’ve played mmo’s and pvp over 10 years.

GW2 pvp has many problems and lack of variety in game modes/maps, but it has really potential pvp setup that just needs a bit more polishing and time to evolve. Hopefully Anet will make the effort.

GW1 is/was the best pvp I’ve seen in mmo so far. Tactical evolving gameplay, e-sporty, team strategy oriented, fun to watch, and it rewarded skill which heavily included situational awareness, like in SC2 f.ex.

Pretty much agree. GW2 has potential, but it needs more game modes, further tweaking, more features, and I feel the traits need to be overhauled to open up the game.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I really enjoyed pvp in WoW for the most part. The classes were horribly imbalanced, bots ruined a lot of the BG’s but slowly died off the further you got into an expansion. I hear right now you can have 9 bots on your 10 man team – that made me laugh. I liked arena (2v2) because it was causal fun.

I loved Arithi Basin which was a good 15v15, good sized map, good visibility of flags. The other maps I wasn’t a fan of especially ones with gimmicks in them (which gw2 has – hate the treb)

GW2 should have an arena type game, small teams, small map, with objects to LoS. Due to the no healer you won’t get the horrible WoW 45min games trying to kill OP healers.

They need a spectator mode. Sometimes I would like to watch top teams battle it out.

Better designed match making with better sPvP maps with perhaps larger teams. more maps is a must. The ones they have now get real boring after a while yet I could play AB for hours and not get bored.

But with all my complaints WvW is the most fun I’ve had in a PvP setting with an MMO.

in PvP

Posted by: Xiomaro.2563

Xiomaro.2563

I would recommend finding people to play with. I set up a Mumble server on my computer (obviously you need a connection that is good enough to do so) and just find people in map chat on Desolation. Even if they’re a bunch of randoms it’s better than solo queuing.

I honestly don’t mean to sound condescending when I say this but MMOs are social games and you will only get the most out of them when you play with other people. Try and make some friends in the game. There’s one particular person I play with that I enjoy playing with. We either play Guardian and Elementalist or Warrior and Thief (two great combos) and we can often pull 3 randoms through an entire free tournament.

Failing that, I’d go check out some MOBAs… LoL, DOTA2, SMITE or my personal favourite; Bloodline Champions. The PvP in MOBAs is just plain better than most MMOs.

in PvP

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

At the moment- GW2 is best for pvp. But, many other games at their peak were far more enjoyable- they just ruined that peak with bad decisions generally about gearing and balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

DotA

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in PvP

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

This game has the best “fantasy” based PvP of any game I have played.

I even prefer it to GW1 – granted it doesn’t have the same polish, but that will come with time.

Outside of this genre, though, I would have to say TF2 is my go-to game for FPS PvP.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in PvP

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Guild Wars 1, somewhat easily. GW2 is a shadow of that game’s PvP. GW2 is prettier and does a couple of things better (wow, I can actually jump and traverse terrain now), but it’s otherwise a joke to compare the two. GW1 is the much wiser, deeper, more entertaining older brother to the prettier, dumber, money-obsessed younger brother.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Dragons Nest has good spvp type pvp; but I wouldn’t say it is better than GW2, just different and good.

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

unreal tournament and half life

in PvP

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

Erm…Runescape’s PVP

(joking , obviously)

Why not WoW? Burning Crusade era PVP got it right, so did their battlegrounds, such great fun. Its only after Cata you get the much too imbalanced overpowered heals that made pvp a snooze fest.

Also, DOTA is very balanced. Very.

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

Dark Souls.

I also liked Dragon Nest but lag and poor netcode makes it literally unplayable from Australia.

in PvP

Posted by: Doolio.1865

Doolio.1865

I found WoW PvP to be surprisingly good. Although I had some kind of emo-disgust towards the game, I eventually bought it and got really, really surprised by its PvP. Essentially because I find it’s mixture of chess-like philosophy, countering and active gameplay very successful. Add to that 50+ abilities which are all valuable and purposeful, have their usage in various situations and have a bit of synergy and you have hit the jackpot.
Also there are some very good, carefully designed, mainly open maps, which are an important part of the whole system, as they allow for a small scale skirmishes on an open field. Also, the player rarely gets to battle the dreaded MMORPG camera indoors.

If we are talking about pure vs multiplayer, then it’s q3 for me, followed by q1.

As for the GW2, I find it’s main PvP concept appealing, but from another perspective. It’s a lot more quakeish and the mechanics are built around that fact. Which is good and refreshing. The thing is, everything else about PvP is flawed. In my opinion, badly. I just hope that this game survives long enough to reach it’s full PvP potential, but I am not so sure about that. These are consumerist and turbulent times for video games, majority of people tend to leave games VERY quickly if they are not satisfied. And when that particular game is a MMO, we can’t say “let them go”, like we can if it was a single player game.

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

MMOs = Honestly, it’s either this or WoW. Or GW1.
Others = MOBAs arguably have the most balanced and competitive PvP. Try HoN/DOTA 2/LoL. If you like RTS try SC2.

My advice is look around on Twitch and see what people are playing. Don’t just look at the top games, dig a little deeper and you might see something you like.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

dont like spvp much, because of thieves spamming 1-2-1-2-1-2 buttons, 7,8 thieves in one match, kinda boring tho. wvw is way better, no thieves just pure fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

GW1 was the kitten. A class and a subclass, and around 500 skills or more to combine in a single 8 set. Your imagination was the end for the number of combinations you could do. So much fun making your OWN playstyle.

in PvP

Posted by: MasterDeere.3417

MasterDeere.3417

I miss GW1 buildwars!

in PvP

Posted by: warpy.1687

warpy.1687

DotA and Dragon Nest.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

If you want legitimate suggestions, you’ll have to give us some idea as to what you want. Team-based? 1v1? What kind of perspective? Mechanics you enjoy?

Otherwise, people will just talk about the game they wish they were playing but aren’t for some reason.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

GW1 pvp will go untouched as the best pvp ever. Its too bad that game is completely dead.

in PvP

Posted by: vitigis.4160

vitigis.4160

Well, the easy answer is Team Fortress 2, the current high water mark for team based PVP. Maybe you meant which MMO…..

Since most MMO’s do the aiming for you, none of them require actual “skill” in the form of actualy having to …you know..AIM your attacks and such (save the Engy grenades, obviously)…but as far as MMO’s go, this is one of the better ones. Once the classes actually get balanced, it should be far and away the best MMO PVP, as in theory, the fact that it isn’t a matter of who’s got the better gear, but who can play their class the most effectively.

Sadly, right now it’s more about who brought the right professions to the tournament….but that will be fixed….in time…

…..

…..I hope.

Q-everyone has it better than me-Q

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

if you gave everyone the same gear in Rift and matched up premade vs premade it would be better. More game types, larger maps, great balance.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.7123

Asmodean.7123

Hmmm I had a response in here, but it seems to have been deleted.

in PvP

Posted by: Kso.6458

Kso.6458

Daoc of course. And hopefully TESO.

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

i would say dragon nest above all, next would be tera (not saying the balance is there just saying the combat setup with how thwey make you aim and stuff)

in PvP

Posted by: BLOODBIRD.9386

BLOODBIRD.9386

I recommend GW1

in PvP

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

Chippidysan.4291
Don’t say wow. I want to play a game with PvP in it, this obviously isn’t going well, so what games did you come from.

Unless you specify what things you prefer in PvP- e.g – small group 3v3/5v5 or larger group 10v10/15v15, if you like a rating system, gear progression or not, is variety of maps important, etc, then you won’t get many useful answers.

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Rift PVP is boring and simplistic
WoW PVP is broken, ugly and unbalanced
SWTOR PVP is just a joke
TSW Tera let’s not even go there

Yes, GW2 does have the best MMO PVP, with by far the best balance and meta.

However this is not a major improvement, other MMOs have awful PVP.

It’s time to compete with other game types and get to proper esports success. GW2 can do it, it just needs to focus on balance and adding spectator mode etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

Ultima Online was the greatest pvp game of all time bar none.