Which professions should I play in season 5?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Every freaking skill has 0.5+ sec casting time, I am sick and tired getting constantly interrupted!

Well necros have been running around with 1sec+ casts since the dawn of the game. Long casts are totally manageable. (unless you’re fighting a PI thief.)

Not when you have base heath about 11k and no second health bar. Non focus ELE = DEAD ELE.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Meta DH’s aren’t going to post PVP pwnage vids on youtube. Why? because they don’t want the nerf. That’s why they keep saying its “balanced” so they can get a free pass for another season.

OMG a huge internet wide conspiracy of DH players who decide together not to post videos on YouTube so that the class doesn’t get nerfed. LOL do you even listen to yourself?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Meta DH’s aren’t going to post PVP pwnage vids on youtube. Why? because they don’t want the nerf. That’s why they keep saying its “balanced” so they can get a free pass for another season.

OMG a huge internet wide conspiracy of DH players who decide together not to post videos on YouTube so that the class doesn’t get nerfed. LOL do you even listen to yourself?

Lol I mean his last sentence is true but it’s true of most monoclassers.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

deffinetly not revenant. really any class besides revenant.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

rev will remain meta, even without the probable compensation as this is just a preview. Don’t be stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

hmm i can’t quote your post anymore hisaki.

Anyways. no those people weren’t randoms. the footage was of an NA pro league level player using warrior. surviving 1 v 2 and then downing olrun. matter of fact remains that anybody with an high enough skill level can yes do 1 v X succesfully. the point of this vid is. that u don’t just 1 v X on dh’s and then call it op. the moment u do that u either far outskill your opponents or your opponents are far below u.

normal guys that get 1 v x on dragonhunters blow right through thier cooldowns and get stunlocked to death.

And yes I know how to play medi trapper. btw renewed focus is chosen more often over dragonsmaw.

and DH still carries better then druid? btw u seem to be under the impression that somehow having a strong class in the more traditional sense of the word outweighs the versartily other types of builds can bring. it simply makes no sense. what will u do if your teammates get stomped at mid? hit them harder? what if your opponents team has an competent mesmer and or thief capable of using portal/ +1 rotations? Will u with your slow movement speed? and keep in mind we are discussing carrying here. so your teammates are for all intents and purposes weaker then your opponents team in general. so the thief can pick em apart easily. Hitting harder won’t work and if u try to counter rotate u couldn’t as your dh is one of the slowest classes in terms of movement speed.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

rev will remain meta, even without the probable compensation as this is just a preview. Don’t be stupid.

the compensation is nothing. its a build no one runs. they are trying to make one build viable by making another kitten. instead of fixing the problems with the actual build. rev needed a nerf. not like this. rev was already weak to condis and all they had was pure power. every trait was meant to increase damage. why do you think that is?

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It´s the wrong way to look at it.

Best is what you can play best. Usualy it´s what fits your playstyle and you have fun with.
I tried a lot of diffrent setups on my ele but in solo Q one of the most comftable setup s for me is a F/E/T scepter/focus + sage/soldiers. It´s way off meta but i constantly wreck my oposition due to being decent support + offense. So a bit jack of all build. I can play it and have fun. Shure i will try diffrent again after the changes. Arcane shield looks more promising now.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

play what you enjoy the most playing , that is the bottom line …

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Surge of the Mists should have died ages ago.

SotM is literally 100blades but with pulsing CC and evade frames.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water… They drop the skill changes.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Lol I mean his last sentence is true but it’s true of most monoclassers.

DH meta? its only me that feels that DH are easy to beat? -.-"

? stil funny cause th eonly viable builds we have is fire condi and traps that only beats awfull players… anything else is useless.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Guess what ? Got timing! Herald/Shiro is dead so definitely not Rev

in PvP

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Actually if anyone is being stupid , it’s you .. other classes do everything Rev does but better , why would Rev be in the meta?

in PvP

Iain Ross.6903

Actually if anyone is being stupid , it’s you .. other classes do everything Rev does but better , why would Rev be in the meta?

Actually, rev does almost everything every other class does, but better, hence the nerf.

in PvP

Iain Ross.6903

the compensation is nothing. its a build no one runs. they are trying to make one build viable by making another kitten. instead of fixing the problems with the actual build. rev needed a nerf. not like this. rev was already weak to condis and all they had was pure power. every trait was meant to increase damage. why do you think that is?

I wouldn’t say it’s that weak to condis considering it has a winning matchup vs both warr and nec. Also, power rev will not be kitten, it will still be meta.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I wouldn’t say it’s that weak to condis considering it has a winning matchup vs both warr and nec. Also, power rev will not be kitten, it will still be meta.

It takes a pretty good rev to beat a pretty mediocre condi war. I guess it just comes down to war just being low skill floor low skill cap. With that being said, I would be surprised if rev still has much chance in that matchup post patch, as precision strike was a massive percentage of their damage, with quickness boosted skull grinder being basically a one shot, they need to keep distance.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

It takes a pretty good rev to beat a pretty mediocre condi war. I guess it just comes down to war just being low skill floor low skill cap. With that being said, I would be surprised if rev still has much chance in that matchup post patch, as precision strike was a massive percentage of their damage, with quickness boosted skull grinder being basically a one shot, they need to keep distance.

I always get triggered when people say this. I’d like revs get to legendary landing headbuts against classes with 6-7 disjoints, like rev and druid.

in PvP

Iain Ross.6903

Rev wins equal skill. Warr has an insanely high skill cap. Post patch it won’t be favoured, can still win ofc. Quickness does not increase skullgrinder cast time

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Rev wins equal skill. Warr has an insanely high skill cap. Post patch it won’t be favoured, can still win ofc. Quickness does not increase skullgrinder cast time

Source? Quickness affects skills and actions, so Skull Grinder’s cast would be reduced to 1/3s casting time. Not saying I’d use quickness for that but that’s how it works.

in PvP

Iain Ross.6903

Source? Quickness affects skills and actions, so Skull Grinder’s cast would be reduced to 1/3s casting time. Not saying I’d use quickness for that but that’s how it works.

Quickness does not enhance movement skills. Skullgrinder is a movement skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

DH beyond any question. The are the current golden child.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Iain Ross.6903

DH beyond any question. The are the current golden child.

Only if u’re bad. If you wanna carry and you’re decent +, mes/theif/rev will carry the most.

in PvP

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

I must be missing something as I play a power-minion master using dagger/warhorn with a staff and thus far, it’s working very well. I even got mocked for playing a carried build. The constant swiftness combined with all the blinds, fears, and hard CC have just destroyed people. Perhaps I just get lucky.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in PvP

abaddon.3290

I must be missing something as I play a power-minion master using dagger/warhorn with a staff and thus far, it’s working very well. I even got mocked for playing a carried build. The constant swiftness combined with all the blinds, fears, and hard CC have just destroyed people. Perhaps I just get lucky.

i went against a necro the other day that feared me 5 times in a row. of course he 1 rotated me

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Without any bias after maining : ranger-ele-guardian-warrior-engineer

For easiest time in soloq at different skill levels of the teams you get, from easiest to hardest…after a certain period of practice

1) Dragon Hunter : no major weaknesses , got an answer to everything in a single build ( sword/focus + mace/shield ), can be outplayed only..no direct counter present in game…they even removed the projectile status from sword etc

2) Thief : only a thief can catch another thief determined to flee, remove condis on dodge, easy stunbreaker, absurd mobility as a thief can cross whole map in less than 30s (measured ), spammable CC with headshot+pulmonary impact, can choose his fights so..no direct counters as long as you play smart…and more than anything : highest single target dmg in game

3) Mesmer : Condi chronomancers with Iwin elites such as well of gravity and moa that can be double casted, can shatter without any care in the world regarding the enemy position because..your clones have auto-aim with speed ( Ikr?!); you can easily stack confusion/torment quickly turning fights in your favour…also mesmers have portal that easily turn the tides of the game in your team favour. Generally you suffer against a well played dh and thief ( lol yeah the two better easy carry option Ikr ?! ) ..otherwise you lose only if outplayed

4) Scrapper : “The Super tank” as the name implies..this spec can tank the kitten out of everything and can stall virtually any class…save a well played reaper ( Ikr? such joke xd) , CC spam + aoe reflect for the team, aoe stealth with elixir + 2x invulnerability, super speed, protection.etc tc etc etc…yah typical “all in one package” offer for anet new customers

5) Druid : Most obnoxious build in GW2 with their staff healer build, their dmg depends entirely on pets and be easily negated, easy class to dispacth with power burst at right time or even condi burst while they’re in cele form. Overall you won’t carry bad players with it but you will be a great addiction to semi-skilled team..otherwise you’re a free kill…just not as much as the ones much below in this list

6) Warrior : A generally speaking “tough customer” , it shines under heavy support where it becomes impossible to down thx to 2x endure pain, perma stability, absurd sustain burst and ridiculous dmg, they have mobility, perma resistance…and their condi spike is the second highest in the game ( second to chrono condi burst ). They bring less utility than engineer, only reason they’re not used in esl but overall this class/spec is even a better “all in one package” offer from anet for new customers

7) Revenant : Here you really test your skills, there is plenty of counterplay to this class, extremely weak to condis…really extreme weakness, predictable burst, no stealth and heavily relies on team support…I do not recommend this class….

8) Ele-Necro : ……………lol………they both share the same spot, team based professions, if your team is any decent ( aka they won’t try face tank dmg 24/7, they will peel for you..the sort of things you see once in a blue moon)..then I suggest both professions, but as decent teams in soloq are as rare as flying pigs…I would recommend against any usage of these 2 classes

If you OP are planning to reach the highest positions during season 5..I suggest you to master 1 to 3, then spend some time with 4-5 for the wild card moment….don’t bother with the rest, there will be always the tryhards who need to prove to the world how kitten there are..by playing against all odds, claiming the goddess of luck is in their favour( sometimes out of pity..she will actually answer to them)

P.S ( I’d keep a warrior around for the “you never know” moments, ofc just play condi build that is easy af to learn)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Without any bias after maining : ranger-ele-guardian-warrior-engineer

For easiest time in soloq at different skill levels of the teams you get, from easiest to hardest…after a certain period of practice

1) Dragon Hunter : no major weaknesses , got an answer to everything in a single build ( sword/focus + mace/shield ), can be outplayed only..no direct counter present in game…they even removed the projectile status from sword etc

2) Thief : only a thief can catch another thief determined to flee, remove condis on dodge, easy stunbreaker, absurd mobility as a thief can cross whole map in less than 30s (measured ), spammable CC with headshot+pulmonary impact, can choose his fights so..no direct counters as long as you play smart…and more than anything : highest single target dmg in game

3) Mesmer : Condi chronomancers with Iwin elites such as well of gravity and moa that can be double casted, can shatter without any care in the world regarding the enemy position because..your clones have auto-aim with speed ( Ikr?!); you can easily stack confusion/torment quickly turning fights in your favour…also mesmers have portal that easily turn the tides of the game in your team favour. Generally you suffer against a well played dh and thief ( lol yeah the two better easy carry option Ikr ?! ) ..otherwise you lose only if outplayed

4) Scrapper : “The Super tank” as the name implies..this spec can tank the kitten out of everything and can stall virtually any class…save a well played reaper ( Ikr? such joke xd) , CC spam + aoe reflect for the team, aoe stealth with elixir + 2x invulnerability, super speed, protection.etc tc etc etc…yah typical “all in one package” offer for anet new customers

5) Druid : Most obnoxious build in GW2 with their staff healer build, their dmg depends entirely on pets and be easily negated, easy class to dispacth with power burst at right time or even condi burst while they’re in cele form. Overall you won’t carry bad players with it but you will be a great addiction to semi-skilled team..otherwise you’re a free kill…just not as much as the ones much below in this list

6) Warrior : A generally speaking “tough customer” , it shines under heavy support where it becomes impossible to down thx to 2x endure pain, perma stability, absurd sustain burst and ridiculous dmg, they have mobility, perma resistance…and their condi spike is the second highest in the game ( second to chrono condi burst ). They bring less utility than engineer, only reason they’re not used in esl but overall this class/spec is even a better “all in one package” offer from anet for new customers

7) Revenant : Here you really test your skills, there is plenty of counterplay to this class, extremely weak to condis…really extreme weakness, predictable burst, no stealth and heavily relies on team support…I do not recommend this class….

8) Ele-Necro : ……………lol………they both share the same spot, team based professions, if your team is any decent ( aka they won’t try face tank dmg 24/7, they will peel for you..the sort of things you see once in a blue moon)..then I suggest both professions, but as decent teams in soloq are as rare as flying pigs…I would recommend against any usage of these 2 classes

If you OP are planning to reach the highest positions during season 5..I suggest you to master 1 to 3, then spend some time with 4-5 for the wild card moment….don’t bother with the rest, there will be always the tryhards who need to prove to the world how kitten there are..by playing against all odds, claiming the goddess of luck is in their favour( sometimes out of pity..she will actually answer to them)

P.S ( I’d keep a warrior around for the “you never know” moments, ofc just play condi build that is easy af to learn)

I agree with mesmer and thief being strong carry if played well.

Revenant is on top as well but not sure about after patch.

DH is not as strong. They happen to be strong against mesmer and thief but not at all against other professions. Also suffer from slow mobility.

I do not agree on ele and necro being bad. They are so strong in team fight that a well-played ele and necro can make sure their team win every teamfight. Also, ele has really strong self survivability on top of that.

In the end, all professions can carry. I don’t find any of them particularly bad. But high mobility class usually has a bit more when coming down to solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Unfortunately DH is strong against anything not played well and as such, a dh player will face far less problems than the rest, well played anything are rare respect to dh that doesn’t need to be played well to perform.

Ele and Necro are strong only in the presence of strong teams, with players that don’t facetank dmg all day and will peel for you, there in reality your support is only the cherry on the cake..not really the reason the team is winning, what I mean is , your healing won’t keep up a bad team for certain.

Players that run in all directions, chasing targets while they’re low HP themselves..players that blindly focus a single target..that is a tank…etc etc

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Unfortunately DH is strong against anything not played well and as such, a dh player will face far less problems than the rest, well played anything are rare respect to dh that doesn’t need to be played well to perform.

Ele and Necro are strong only in the presence of strong teams, with players that don’t facetank dmg all day and will peel for you, there in reality your support is only the cherry on the cake..not really the reason the team is winning, what I mean is , your healing won’t keep up a bad team for certain.

Players that run in all directions, chasing targets while they’re low HP themselves..players that blindly focus a single target..that is a tank…etc etc

The thing is that you can’t judge ele and necro strength based on the worse team consumption. If you have a bad team as DH, mesmer, thief, you will also have an extremely difficult time winning.

When I solo queue, I am always happier to see teammates playing ele and necro. That means my team has a better chance to do well in teamfight. I don’t like to see mesmer and thief that much to be honest. They are strong profession but most don’t understand their strength. Very few knows how to utilize thief’s strong mobility and burst, mesmer’s portal and moa. If they play mesmer and thief just as a normal team fighter, the game usually gets very difficult to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hi

I play ele and i play it with sage, which performs better in solo Q then menders. At least for me and it works well … And i won most games when double thief is on my side …. When they both know how to play a thief it´s great and often ends in a blowout. I sometimes try a wiered thief build and even being untrained with it i perform well and propably die once a match if careful.
Dragonhunters on my team i know the will at least perform OK. You won´t need baybysitting. DH on oposing team i know my team will need me there ….
So supremes list seems a good ranking but it´s propably not acurate for more exerienced players. My ele carries much more then when i use thief or warrior which are my backups but this might be because i can play it best and my build is adapted to solo Q.
So waht tells that? In solo Q play what you like most (you can play best) and adapt your build for that. Copy/Paste Metabattle might not help ….