in PvP

Posted by: Genoshock.2104

Genoshock.2104

Best meta ever!!

Who actually enjoys this meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Love the quick gameplay but really hate the lack of balance on classes. Mesmer has too much of everything, ele has too much of everything, warrior is still carried by immunities with no counterplay outside of running away, and necros insane transferring ability keeps any full condi build out of the meta. Now I’m not saying necros are op, cause I actually find them to be more balanced than not but the fact that transfers use the original applicant’s condi damage is just too much imo but that’s coming from an engi and thief main so yeah take that for what it’s worth. But I’m seriously getting fed up with Mesmer mantras carrying bad players and ele’s literally being near god mode while still having a significant amount of damage. Once anet starts bringing things back down that need to be I will be happy. Just as long as we can keep the pace of combat up with it.

Edit: Taunt spam from ranger pets needs to leave too. Or at least be blockable cause that’s getting ridiculous too.

As much as i hate Necros condi transfers, I think it’s fair as it adds a bit of counterplay imo. I mean, i’ve applied enough stacks to burned down a small village, only for it to get transfer back onto me. Nothing like seeing your name listed as the highest damage dealt >.<

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

I enjoy it, people actually try new builds and experiment now. It’s pretty fun over all and yes, still pretty well balanced. It was really fun, if remarkably dull before because people would just run the same builds.

I think people are complaining because the combat is way more decisive now and less methodical in most match ups, its also different, and people like to bawl about change.

Get back in the mist and get to smashing face.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

The June 23rd patch undid two years of balancing. The game was far superior before these changes.

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Pretty much if you’re a mesmer or elementalist or warrior who relies on rampage , you love this meta. If you’re anything else, it’s either the same or worse. So it’s w/e

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

Love the quick gameplay but really hate the lack of balance on classes. Mesmer has too much of everything, ele has too much of everything, warrior is still carried by immunities with no counterplay outside of running away, and necros insane transferring ability keeps any full condi build out of the meta. Now I’m not saying necros are op, cause I actually find them to be more balanced than not but the fact that transfers use the original applicant’s condi damage is just too much imo but that’s coming from an engi and thief main so yeah take that for what it’s worth. But I’m seriously getting fed up with Mesmer mantras carrying bad players and ele’s literally being near god mode while still having a significant amount of damage. Once anet starts bringing things back down that need to be I will be happy. Just as long as we can keep the pace of combat up with it.

Edit: Taunt spam from ranger pets needs to leave too. Or at least be blockable cause that’s getting ridiculous too.

As much as i hate Necros condi transfers, I think it’s fair as it adds a bit of counterplay imo. I mean, i’ve applied enough stacks to burned down a small village, only for it to get transfer back onto me. Nothing like seeing your name listed as the highest damage dealt >.<

Wish they kind of would add a bit more of a tell on the plague signet transfer BUT i guess if you land a bunch of important condis on them you know it’s going to come back shortly after and it being a stun break also is another tell so for people who get a stun lock condi bomb combo on the just dodge right after lol

Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

It is awful. The current meta means you can’t be bad.

Follow me here…before, you could be bad and play and get better. Now, you have no opportunity to learn from mistakes. You are down and out more than you’re on your feet (through repetitive stun, knockback, etc. followed up by shatter/burn damage/etc.). Everyone has a stability/invuln stomp at the ready (used to be something you had to really trait for) so “downed” is just another word for “dead not dead”. The end result is 2s “fights”, the team with the most mesmers wins, and nobody learns anything from the experience or has a good time (except the mesmers) so everyone leaves.

The terminus of the current meta is only tweaked gamers playing PvP and everyone else pops in, grabs their dailies, and jumps out. It’s already happening.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I do.

in PvP

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

This is honestly the most enjoyable it’s been for a minion master such as myself for a while now. However mantra mesmers are way too strong atm.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

could be worse. the power creep has freshened things up for everyone (so simpleminded players will usually say “UPDATE FUN ME LIKE”) but the direction it’s taken with elementalist and mesmer rolling everything is pretty unenjoyable in every sense. sure there’s lot of other things on other professions that need minor nerfs, changes, or fixes, but mesmer and ele are by far the worst.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I enjoy the faster pace and the Specialization system in general. The real problem atm is that there are still a ton of lackluster traits on some classes while others got traits that are too powerful.

Mesmers and Eles are the biggest offenders in terms of having too strong of traits. Meanwhile poor Necro and Ranger are just sorta…there.

Necro is in a funny spot where it’s sustain isn’t that bad, but in PvP they can generally be easily locked down and focused. Sometimes you can just save them for last because their killing potential isn’t that great.

Warrior feels like a total mixed bag. I didn’t love Shoutbow but now it’s just…bad. When I look at long term viability it seems like Guardian is in a way better place. As a MediGuard I can still add a ton of team support into my build while still doing damage, but on War I’m generally selfish. Bunker Guard seems like it’s going to make a big comeback as well. Hammer/GS on Warrior isn’t bad but when I look at it it still seems like Mesmer is just superior. Mes can abuse the terrain via teleports, it still brings some team support, it can do good CC now as well. Similar situation with D/P Teef.

Also, what the hell is up with ANets infatuation with BLIND!?

Now Teef, Ele, Guard, and Mes all have a ton of access to blind. I’ve seen Teefs be able to win fights in relative safety by just using Shadow Shot over and over while stealthed because it’s super easy to just disrupt the enemy that way. On several of the above listed classes many of these blinds are either unblockable, unaviodable, or both! There’s very little counterplay to be had. In the case of Mesmer you can’t even pull out the tired old “just dodge” argument (which applies to everything and is the least helpful thing you can say, especially since many of them can also be used from stealth).

Blind was less obnoxious when you could cleanse it by simply auto attacking. It was still good imo, it just forced players to actually TIME their blinds rather than just throwing them out willy nilly.

I’m gonna make this blind rant it’s own post…

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

No doubt about it, pre June 23rd meta was not only way more balanced but also allowed the coexistence of unique builds that are no longer available or viable today.

Pre June 23rd there were 4 dominant builds:

-cele rifle engie
-cele dd ele
-shoutbow warrior
-medi guard

These builds were also viable and used by solo queuers who like pvp but not in high tier tourneys. Today, the following are either extinct or a shadow of what they used to be:

-bomb heal engie
-p/p rabid engie
-trap condi ranger
-poison master ranger (ele, shoutbow killer)
-survival condi ranger
-shatter mesmer 4/4/0/0/6
-terrormancer
-high burst fresh air ele

Terrormancer still works, you just wont be gaining a lot of DS.
Poison Master Ranger works and kills eles and Necros. (uses one trap)
Survival Condi Ranger also works, kills Eles or stalemates them. (uses one trap)
Shatter Mesmer still works, in fact, it probably has more survivability than the Stun-Spam Mesmer.

Trap condition Ranger, you can’t go full traps ever again unless you’re fighting random group of people.

Bomb Heal Engie has now become something different. You can burst heal people and yourself. Literally going for 10% to 100% in a few seconds.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

blitzkrieg.2451

No doubt about it, pre June 23rd meta was not only way more balanced but also allowed the coexistence of unique builds that are no longer available or viable today.

-cele rifle engie
-cele dd ele
-shoutbow warrior
-medi guard

These builds were also viable and used by solo queuers who like pvp but not in high tier tourneys. Today, the following are either extinct or a shadow of what they used to be:

-bomb heal engie
-p/p rabid engie
-trap condi ranger
-survival condi ranger
-terrormancer

Survival Condi Ranger also works, kills Eles or stalemates them. (uses one trap)
Shatter Mesmer still works, in fact, it probably has more survivability than the Stun-Spam Mesmer.

Trap condition Ranger, you can’t go full traps ever again unless you’re fighting random group of people.

Bomb Heal Engie has now become something different. You can burst heal people and yourself. Literally going for 10% to 100% in a few seconds.

What bad eles and necros are you fighting that let you wreck them in a team or node fight with those bad builds? Try that against Phantaram or Noscoc AND have team viability before saying those horrible builds work. Lmao, Smh

Maguuma

in PvP

Dirame.8521

-cele rifle engie
-cele dd ele
-shoutbow warrior
-medi guard

-bomb heal engie
-p/p rabid engie
-trap condi ranger
-survival condi ranger
-terrormancer

What bad eles and necros are you fighting that let you wreck them in a team or node fight with those bad builds? Try that against Phantaram or Noscoc AND have team viability before saying those horrible builds work. Lmao, Smh

Hehe, unfortunately I don’t have access to those guys. From the sample size I’ve fought though, I’ve been able to either stalemate, kill or get killed after a long fight. So, from my testing, a more proficient player than I am, would be able to deal with the likes of Noscoc and Phantaram.

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

The June 23rd patch undid two years of balancing. The game was far superior before these changes.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I enjoy the faster pace combat of this patch, its not a perfect patch by any means but its a step in the right direction to an extent…

Random condition procs, random damage, all of this randomness is just no good for a mmo game trying to enter a professional scene… Based on the direction it looks like GW2 is heading I can’t help but wonder if the suits over at Anet look into games like DOTA2 and LoL and think to them selves, “Oh alright we’ll just try to be more like this game because its so successful”. If this is the case please stop trying to be something you’re not Arena Net, when it comes to class balance focus on what you have been doing well instead! When it comes to your pvp mode you should focus on building classes which take a tremendous amount of player skill to play perfectly! A proper MMR system would help players fight others among the same caliber.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Hehe, unfortunately I don’t have access to those guys. From the sample size I’ve fought though, I’ve been able to either stalemate, kill or get killed after a long fight. So, from my testing, a more proficient player than I am, would be able to deal with the likes of Noscoc and Phantaram.

While I have no idea of your relative skill level, I’ll leave a story.

The year was 2013, quartz crystals and its accompanying Celestial gear had just been introduced to PvE/WvW. Cele d/d eles running +60% boon duration rune sets were all the rage. It sucked to fight them. Most were bad to middling and were carried by the build. While not top-tier myself, I decided to make a ranger build to kill all the bad to middling d/d eles. So, I made a chill-spam ranger with approx +90% chill duration. Bad d/d eles didn’t manage their condi removal wisely, got their CDs all sorts of messed up from chill, and then died. Good ones either killed me or recognized what I was doing and disengaged.
The moral of the story is: not all builds are viable at all skill levels.

On topic: The ‘meta’ as it is now sucks. We’ll see what it looks like if/when anet ever gets around to reducing the ridiculous amount of powercreep they introduced.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

As much as this meta tends to make me rage. It does feel more even with a few exceptions. I feel like the number of stacks of burning some skills give should be looked at. (Im okay with teh actual calculations. its hte number of stacks that I feel should be changed).

Mesmer simply isn’t fun for me to fight as a ranger. and fighting a necro even when doable feels like a waste of time with too much risk involved. (it simply takes too long to kill them to be worth what I could be doing elswhere in the match. its a different feeling from fighting a bunker. a bunker you can usually work through by forcing there cooldowns to coincide with yours. but a necros just so naturally tanky that doesn’t work.)

Im fine with nearly every other class atm. The only thing that MIGHT be an exception is rampage on warriors. But even then its manageable as long as you make 0 mistakes gainst it (if you make one your kittened though).

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Dirame.8521

While I have no idea of your relative skill level, I’ll leave a story.

The year was 2013, quartz crystals and its accompanying Celestial gear had just been introduced to PvE/WvW. Cele d/d eles running +60% boon duration rune sets were all the rage. It sucked to fight them. Most were bad to middling and were carried by the build. While not top-tier myself, I decided to make a ranger build to kill all the bad to middling d/d eles. So, I made a chill-spam ranger with approx +90% chill duration. Bad d/d eles didn’t manage their condi removal wisely, got their CDs all sorts of messed up from chill, and then died. Good ones either killed me or recognized what I was doing and disengaged.
The moral of the story is: not all builds are viable at all skill levels.

On topic: The ‘meta’ as it is now sucks. We’ll see what it looks like if/when anet ever gets around to reducing the ridiculous amount of powercreep they introduced.

You make the assumption that I do not already understand the morale of your story. But the reality is, I always factor that in to my research for any build. I’ve seen players play some Ranger builds in ways that I have never seen before in any competitive match but keep on trying to tread all over the idea that Rangers can succeed just because YOU can’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

I don’t really enjoy this. The damage output is way too high. Irrecoverable on many occasions, it leaves no room for counter play. In the end its only a huge slug fest.

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Apart of the slightly OP ele and mesmer (and to some extend burn guardian) this meta is well balanced and fast paced as I like. The build diversity is definitely better than it was pre-patch. Every prof has 2-3 viable builds and it’s no longer an auto-loss if your team has zero DD ele, shout gua or shoutbow warri…

Full zerk is absolutely dead my hybrid build can practically one-two shot any of them apart of thief-mesmer-S/F ele. But these are a deadly +1 in any fight so they pay for their reward (as I said I still feel mesmer needs a tiny bit of nerf but it’s just me I can adapt if I have to…).

Over all I enjoy this patch more than the previous one. Maybe because I take the part to find out more builds and not just following the roads other have made.

Varietas delectat!

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

damage doesn’t seem that high when you get used to it. you get more out of playing well than you used to imo (because you get punished less).

im able to make cele engi and shout warr work in ranked.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

damage doesn’t seem that high when you get used to it. you get more out of playing well than you used to imo (because you get punished less).

In regards to cele engi, you are stuck in the past.
If you are nudging towards the power side you are wasting 2 stats, toughness and condi… Cele isn’t for engi anymore. Its okay on Condition based engis though.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I see what you’re saying except that all of the above minus shatter are extremely watered down versions, not worth running anymore. Since the thread is about this meta, I was citing builds that either no longer exist or not viable.

The simplification of only choosing 3 specializations and main stats exclusively from armor reduces the possibility of creating “niche” or counter meta builds.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

the meta is fine as it is. Just don’t focus to much on zerking, have a bit more condi cleanse or resistance, and have a few stunbreaks and atleast one stability skill. The meta as it is seems to lean now towards hybrid builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I can’t actively time dodges on a thief to dodge the AI a mesmer has if they are decent. Burning makes builds err not very diverse. It was fun for a while, but I got tired of button smashing so I’ma play my side game Vindictus till expansion ciao. But I’ll be back depending on how interesting HoT is.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Zelulose:

Yes, mesmers are bit ahead of the other profs (and countering thieves badly)
Yes, multiburn abilities should be balanced (countering no-cleanse builds badly)

But otherwise It’s the best balance patch I played in.

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

worst meta ever, not because it’s fast or bursty or whatever you think but because bad players get carried way too much by builds, passives and some op skills now.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

In regards to cele engi, you are stuck in the past.
If you are nudging towards the power side you are wasting 2 stats, toughness and condi… Cele isn’t for engi anymore. Its okay on Condition based engis though.

HGH, rifle, rampage and 9 stacks of burning say otherwise

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

worst meta ever, not because it’s fast or bursty or whatever you think but because bad players get carried way too much by builds, passives and some op skills now.

Since day1 of release..the loser of a match up always declare how the winner got carried by his build, chances are the “bad” player won by using a predictable pattern and you losing to it only shows your real level of skill….and don’t take this as personal insult or anything, there is always somebody better than you out there.

There are thousand of unknown better players than every single forum warrior ( me included ) you see normally here, who are you to say that they’ve got carried by their build?

signed :
- a simple multiclass enthusiast ( ele, ranger, necro, warrior, mesmer )

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Since day1 of release..the loser of a match up always declare how the winner got carried by his build, chances are the “bad” player won by using a predictable pattern and you losing to it only shows your real level of skill….and don’t take this as personal insult or anything, there is always somebody better than you out there.

There are thousand of unknown better players than every single forum warrior ( me included ) you see normally here, who are you to say that they’ve got carried by their build?

signed :

Some players ARE getting carried by their builds. Half the mesmer players right now probably couldn’t or didn’t play mesmer before the June 23rd patch. And when the mesmer gets nerfed, you’ll see how a good number of them will move to the next OP thing.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

signed :

Some players ARE getting carried by their builds. Half the mesmer players right now probably couldn’t or didn’t play mesmer before the June 23rd patch. And when the mesmer gets nerfed, you’ll see how a good number of them will move to the next OP thing.

The major aim of a game is to have fun..this is not some kind of highly skilled job you’re doing, you’re playing a videogame so everything will be easy in the end

I mean this is GW2, a MMO aimed at casual players, there will be always something that you deem “too easy” to run, if people wants some kind of recognition for playing a videogame..well dunno what to say

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

This is the best meta that ever was and ever will be.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

I fail 2 see this build diversity. Maybe only for Mesmers. PvP now is like kitten. You get kittened on your face by mesmers, and if you try smth different than others (read – non zerk builds) that allows you to survive smth, then you get laughed on ur face.
I really can’t see how is that better than before.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I wouldn’t mind option to ban 1 profession/amulet from the enemy team in Tournaments akin to Mobas.

Would go a long way.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

I do.

It remains to be seen how things play out when all the bugs are fixed, but for now I see all classes frequently in matches, played in quite a nice variety of builds.

I also know for sure there are better builds than the current recommendations on metabattle for many classes, at least for my playstyle.

But most of all, played and built well, Engineer is still top tier, and that keeps me happy :P

Just keep changing up your builds, trying new combinations and synergies. Eventually you’ll come across great stuff.
I haven’t had this much fun in GW2 since release.

in PvP

Posted by: SamuelV.7486

SamuelV.7486

I do, except for mesmer and burning

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I don’t see a problem with the meta. I’ve actually enjoyed it. Just took some getting use to.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

There is more power creep than the last meta, Shout warrior is out but is easily replaced by a double op ele. Engi switched from celestial to soldier for a more bunker role and to take advantage from Elisir X – Rampage.

Maybe it could be a fine meta but we need to tone down the Elementalist power, mesmer and condi damage formulas or stacks (especially burning) need to be also toned dow.

in PvP

Posted by: Damian.6978

Damian.6978

It’s so vastly unbalanced, arenanet doesn’t seem intent on fixing anything until HoT, and the “speed” of the new meta is just players thinking their unbalanced classes racking up kills means they’ve got skills. I left because it’s absolutely horrible to play pvp now. No, I didn’t lose; my win / lose ratio improved significantly by exploiting all the stuff everyone else is exploiting. But that’s not fun.

I’m not sure I’ll come back this time; first they let WvW die, now they’re letting PvP go to the gutters. All we’re left with is HoT’s PvE, which never interested me to begin with. If I want PvE, I’ll play that other MMO whose expansions was half the price of HoT, upgraded the whole engine to DX11 (improving performance while looking stunningly better), and brought a whole boatload of new content.

I’ll miss GW2, but I won’t stay just out of nostalgia.

in PvP

Dirame.8521

signed :

The major aim of a game is to have fun..this is not some kind of highly skilled job you’re doing, you’re playing a videogame so everything will be easy in the end

I mean this is GW2, a MMO aimed at casual players, there will be always something that you deem “too easy” to run, if people wants some kind of recognition for playing a videogame..well dunno what to say

Oh right, so just because “there will always be something that will be too easy to run” people shouldn’t complain? Especially when it’s ruining fun for many players? The very thing you’re trying to wave around as your defence? Really?

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I do, so much I’ve uninstalled GW2.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Everything is easy in GW2..it’s just people and their ego that cause the problems. People will always think that their defeat is due to the opponent apparently using an unbeatable profession ..but there are high chances that the same player who just demolished you..will do so on all other professions, so in the end everything the opponent is using..will always be easier and OP for you as long as they beat you
( generalizing here)

But even more are people ready to adapt their strategies to the opponent?
Seen you play, that trap build won’t do much against a decent ele, not that traps are bad vs mele specs..just your build is unsuitable to face eles, you’re built for sustain fights where ele prevails and instead you need direct/condi burst when they’re vulnerable (water ) in that regard your choice of pets is questionable

Mesmers will just faceroll you if you use a condi survival spec, they are a ranged burst spec..a decent mesmer won’t fall for traps more than a single time.

I suggest you to make an ele/mesmer and play it for a while..you’ll have much easier time once you recognize the major attack pattern and anticipate them

P.S the links that you provide helped me to tailor my answer. Now I’m pretty sure that the majority of those complaining on the forum play similar unsuitable builds and adapt wrong strategies..they lose and then complain.

Do you think I’m wrong? Go watch some high level stream like esl tournies, you’ll see your “favourite” builds lose quite easily to their countrparts ( cele signet necro, condi burst ect ect )

Personally I use A/W-S/T -wolf-howl and NM-BM-WS as specs and I have no troubles with eles, at equal skill level is a 50/50 match up…the one who does more mistakes dies

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Meta is kittening broken,there’s 0 skill involved.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Not me, worst meta ever.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Everything is easy in GW2..it’s just people and their ego that cause the problems. People will always think that their defeat is due to the opponent apparently using an unbeatable profession ..but there are high chances that the same player who just demolished you..will do so on all other professions, so in the end everything the opponent is using..will always be easier and OP for you as long as they beat you
( generalizing here)

But even more are people ready to adapt their strategies to the opponent?
Seen you play, that trap build won’t do much against a decent ele, not that traps are bad vs mele specs..just your build is unsuitable to face eles, you’re built for sustain fights where ele prevails and instead you need direct/condi burst when they’re vulnerable (water ) in that regard your choice of pets is questionable

Mesmers will just faceroll you if you use a condi survival spec, they are a ranged burst spec..a decent mesmer won’t fall for traps more than a single time.

I suggest you to make an ele/mesmer and play it for a while..you’ll have much easier time once you recognize the major attack pattern and anticipate them

I’ve never seen anyone contradicting themselves more than you just did.

‘’People will always think that their defeat is due to their opponent using an unbeatable profession.’’

‘’Mesmer will just faceroll you if you use a condi survival spec.’’

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I think you have reading comprehension problems.

I’ve said that if you run a mele build centered around mele range condi application…yeah you will lose 90% of time against mesmer which is a ranged class centered around stealth burst

Adapt your build to your opponents..or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I’ve said that if you run a mele build centered around mele range condi application…yeah you will lose 90% of time against mesmer which is a ranged class centered around stealth burst

Nope, I don’t. In some threads you admit something is too strong, in others you say people only complain about specs because they face more skilled players. Seems like you can’t make up your mind. :/

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

As someone who has been trying to make a S/S + LB condi/hybrid build…yah it’s kind of impossible to match any sort of ranged class if they’re not terrible. There’s so much melee hate in this update with all the blinds they’ve added on both Mes and Ele.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)