equal against mes
Not enough unranked revs

I don’t know the 1v1’s for other classes as well, help me out

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Taking same skill level and meta builds into account

Thief: gets pooped on by everything but necro and ele.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I’m new, here’s what I think are the class matchups

mes:
kittens on rogue
pees on necro
gets pooped on by DH
has a very bad matchup vs (skilled) condi warriors, but can win
gets pooped on by engi
would fight ele for eternity
slightly favored to win against rangers
equal against mes
Not enough unranked revs

rekts revs, wins pally engies

M I L K B O I S

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

Necro
> Engi
> Rev
> Ele
= Ranger (need to dodge pet skills)
< Mesmer (kitten Moa + stun lock)
< War (lack of speed and clears (transfers require hitting the target), wars will win most 1v1’s vs necros unless you kite like a boss)
< Guard ( way to much block/invun, even for staff unblockables. LOS or die)
< Thief (D/P, large burst with insane CC & evades. Slow necros are at a disadvantage)
< Necro…. too much aids, who ever lands the final transfer = winner

the above is based on players of equal skill dueling 1v1 in conquest. Each is also based on Meta or close to meta level builds

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Necro
> Engi
> Rev
> Ele
< War (lack of speed and clears (transfers require hitting the target), wars will win most 1v1’s vs necros unless you kite like a boss)
< Thief (D/P, large burst with insane CC & evades. Slow necros are at a disadvantage)

the above is based on players of equal skill dueling 1v1 in conquest. Each is also based on Meta or close to meta level builds

For all time just seen a few necros who could bring some problems to my Rev.
And first of all every class could be outplayed here in GW2 spvp its only metter of skill)

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Wrong, Thief poops on Rev too. Not because Rev is bad, but because Meta Rev lacks the tools you need to deal with high burst thief.

Thief still admittedly needs work.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

Necro
> Engi
> Rev
> Ele

For all time just seen a few necros who could bring some problems to my Rev.
And first of all every class could be outplayed here in GW2 spvp its only metter of skill)

Guess you missed the part about = skill being involved!

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Ranger:
-Beats necro very easily
-Stalemates Ele
-Should beat Mesmer but it is a fairly close matchup
-Stalemates engi
-Stalemates other Rangers
-Destroys thief
-Beats Rev
-Beats guard without too much trouble
-Loses to warrior unless you are very good at dodging skull grinders.

This is what my experience has been facing pro league and other good players of all classes since the balance patch. I can’t speak for other classes because I only play them for achievements and when I do, I lose to everybody but that is clearly a learn to play issue, lol.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Wrong, Thief poops on Rev too. Not because Rev is bad, but because Meta Rev lacks the tools you need to deal with high burst thief.

You haven’t seen good revs then. Revs have all the tools to deal with thieves if used properly.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

You haven’t seen good revs then. Revs have all the tools to deal with thieves if used properly.

I play Thief and Rev. Thief mainly, but Rev I dabble in. I win on both. I wouldn’t use my own measurement of skill as a balance point, it isn’t subjective enough.

What I do know is, other sources, such as discussions on ESL broadcasts, have mentioned it in the past. Thief countering Rev I mean. That and people far more well versed than I have come to that conclusion.

But that all aside, we can just look at it from a logical stand point.

Meta rev has 1 “oh kitten” button, that negates damage right? It’s called Facet of Light. Once they have used it, the Rev has a block on Staff 3, Evade on Staff 5, and Shield 5.

Now the reason Sword 3 can be outclassed by a thief, is because quite simply, stealth. Just stealth, and it stops. Staff 5 is a threat yes, due to the lack of Stab on thief, staff 3 you can just wait out, it does basically nothing.

Shield 5 is great actually. It allows us to use Basi venom and get a free interrupt/pulmonary impact. Which also stuns them for a second allowing us to hit them once or twice.

If you play stupidly on Thief, you can still lose to Rev yes, but on equal skill level the Rev doesn’t have the tools to deal with reset capabilities or the burst damage of thief.

Now, I will agree, if the Rev puts on Retribution Taunt, it can complicate matters, but a Thief should still come out on top.

Please feel free to criticize where you think I am wrong?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

mes:
kittens on rogue
pees on necro
gets pooped on by DH
gets pooped on by engi
equal against mes
Not enough unranked revs

-Mesmer
Eats thieves, revs, non-minion necros, and rangers. Gets eaten by DH’s, engi’s, and condi warr. Tie against minionmancers.
-Rev
Eats thieves, ele’s, and signet necros. Gets eaten by DH’s, minionmancers, condi warr’s, any build of mesmer, condi engi, and rangers. Tie against powerhammer scrapper
-DH
Eats everything but staff thief and ranger but has such bad mobility they’re still not great in sPVP unless class-stacked
-condi warr
Gets eaten by druid and perma-evade thief. Struggles with scrappers running static field. Gets eaten by powershatter mesmer and minionmancer. Eats signet necro, rev, condi mesmer, d/d or d/p thief, ragezerker or power warr, and condi engi.

Those are the ones I have a fair amount of playtime on, I don’t have first-hand experience with others.

A note on rev’s—they’d generally do better if half their skills weren’t bugged to hell and back and actually worked. But as it is, they really struggle simply because their damage output is frequently a scant fraction of what it should be because precision strike decides to go sightseeing or unrelenting assault gets you stuck in the terrain or drops you through the world.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Krysard.1364

thieves hardcounter invo revs

M I L K B O I S

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

And that’s why smart revs take retri when they see a thief on the other side.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I’ll be honest once I realized Infuse light negates damage as well as healing Rev. And that it has a cast time, I just watch them like a hawk when they swap Dragon stance. If they don’t heal from that skill they die fast.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Who can duel who……
This is all nice to have an idea about against who u could 1v1.
But in reality there is so many ifs that u should be thinking, first this is a team play and u should see what u could bring to the table to compensate whats lacking in your team, and that will make u less efective in some duels.
U need to look at your team and there team and see if u can skipp some condi cleanse or bring some protection insted vs those thievs etc etc.
Now its obvious that some players would win most of there duels but thats because of there skill and even tho they lack something in there build to deal with that class there mechanical skills or awereness or kiting skills will alow them to win regardless of build almost, but for the 99 percent of us its a bit diferent, and i think that trying to come up with a table showing who wins vs who its wrong and gives the wrong idea about the game imo.
Sometimes i run 1vs1 builds ,i go far as a necro and even with 0 life force i will win vs almost any 1 including warriors or mesmers , but how about when im running a support build ? And i chose to desingage or lose that 1v1?
The game is not balance to 1v1 , so anything can happen when u are in a duel ,because maybe the other player is running a counter build, with that said i think if u really enjoy dueling i think mesmer or warrior are the best classes to do so.
And if u just spec for 1v1 maybe u not helping the team so much and u would die a lot in team fights or not bringing enough support.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

heres a general list of 1v1 matchups I threw together.

This is based on high skill bracket matchups, considering the 1 or 2 meta builds for each class and pure 1v1s on a node.

Matchups change drastically in other skill brackets!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oJn9vAci0amZ25MbKjTz7Z4pzO32p3W8eOOu2-lGKdk/edit?usp=sharing

If you see any mistakes I made (I’m tired) lemme know!

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

Who can duel who

in PvP

Krysard.1364

And that’s why smart revs take retri when they see a thief on the other side.

never said otherwise

M I L K B O I S

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Condi Berserker > Reaper
Condi Berserker > Druid “Though there are rare Druids that can stalemate you”
Condi Berserker > Daredevil
Condi Berserker > Scrapper
Condi Berserker > Tempest “If it isn’t Aurashare, it dies in seconds”
Condi Berserker = Chronomancer
Condi Berserker = Revenant
Condi Berserker = DH
Condi Berserker = Condi Berserker of course
Condi Berserker < Power Berserker

Condi Berserker in general is susceptible to 1v2+ focus mainly due to no serious disengaging skills like stealth or blink, ect.. and that it’s heal is all slow regen or ADR health requiring direct attacking to do it’s job. In other words, it has no burst healing to counter larger DPS spikes. It is however, ridiculously strong in 1v1 situations if played correctly. Especially on small nodes.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

If we talking 1 vs 1 condi mesmer with disenchanter takes condi warrior. They have no resistance vs the boon steal meaning they have to eat all the condition damage without defenses.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

DH = Druid
DH > All other things.

Ele > Chieftain
Ele = Svanir
Ele < All other things.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

My experience with using marauder/mender DH

Other DH = a thousand millenia
Druid = also too long
Scapper = maybe win if you’re lucky, if not forever a duel
Condi war = probable win for dh
power war = same as above
power rev = i hate them
power thf = more dangerous than condi but manageable
condi evade spam thf = i just ignore them, find a 2v1, kill his teammate, and continue to ignore him while i sit at the point
condi necro =gg easy
support ele = too long, maybe kill if interrupted enough
condi mes = no sweat
power shatter = a potential threat but manageable

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

mender DH:
everyone = stalemate
2v1s possible stalemate except if:
power rev + power rev
power thf + power rev
any condi + power rev
power thf + power thf
any support + rev

power revs are huge annoyances

(edited by Kuya.6495)

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Not a smart thief. Smart thieves engage and disengage at will. Constant engagement is certain death for a thief. A good thief can beat all classes (some easier than others), and a bad thief can get pooped on by all classes.

It has to do with a skill capacity. A bad thief has a poor latency (150ms or greater), poor sense of timing, and bad situational awareness. A great thief has an excellent latency, good sense of timing, and great situational awareness. Thief is one of those classes for the twitchy gamers.

My experience as a condi engineer:

• I outlast DH’s, and let them burn their cooldowns. I then spike with condi once I know their condi cleanses have been burned.
  • Warriors, I try to trick them into burning endure pain and berserker stance, then simply kite until they run out. Then spike with condi. They tend to win if they know how to keep the CC/pressure up though.
  • Thieves? All it takes is a well placed shot or two and most of them die to condis. AoE condis certainly help.
  • Rangers are probably the hardest to duel on my condi engi, because they seem to have a lot of cleanses, healing, CC, and stealth. I try to keep pressure constant, and watch what their pet is doing. If ranger is LB/GS, I keep constant pressure. If they are a staff druid, I dodge their pet while keeping constant pressure.
  • Eles? If they have obsidian skin (or diamond skin, whatever trait), I try to spike damage enough to reach the threshhold and then dump condis. If not, I simply space out my condis so that their cleanses are ineffectual. That said, some of them can simply outheal everything and ends up being a waste of time.
  • Mesmers, I hit hard with condis first to force them to burn their cleanses, then lay on a steady stream of pressure. They usually go down quickly.
  • Necros, I try to trick/force into using their plague signet early on, and then dump condis immediately once it’s clear it’s been burned. Smart necros avoid my attention and let me dump condis on their friends, then murder me with my own damage from plague signet.
  • Other engies are tricky. Condi engies are about damage mitigation and watching what part of their DPS cycle they’re on. Power hammer engies I CC and kite until I feel they’ve burned their cooldowns, then lay on the condis thick.
  • Rev meta is currently irritating. Excessive amounts of blocks, dodges, and more. I have to use my unblockable attacks frequently, then lay condis on when they are on cooldown. I generally try to avoid the current meta revenant, which I feel is a bit on the OP side.
The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

Who can duel who

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I understand what you mean but Guardians have allot of healing it is hard enough for thief not to be outhealed. Sometimes a thief is stuck between constant running + no kill or constant assault resulting in its death.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Here is my “threat meter” for revenant without retribution/stability. (high meaning hard counter)

Attachments:

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Here is my “threat meter” for revenant without retribution/stability.

How do you tell how much threat you’re generating?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Who can duel who

in PvP

akaCryptic.2389

Here is my “threat meter” for revenant without retribution/stability.

How do you tell how much threat you’re generating?

Flip the meter horizontally?

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Here is my “threat meter” for revenant without retribution/stability. (high meaning hard counter)

Hmm can I ask you how did you make this picture? Photoshop or some other program?

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Ranger

>= Necro. Depends on what cooldowns are up and if you have astral force up before hand. Without astral force the first 10 seconds of the fight can be hell.

>= Warrior Again depends on the situation but a druid has a better chance of kiting/whittling down a warrior to death than the other way around. A warrior the focuses on defense however can last pretty much forever. its when they attack that they leave themselves vulnerable to pet bursts.

=Thief. Equally skilled the ranger has advantage. But it can go down to the wire here on whether or not one side or the other gets hit by certain key combos. Against skilled thieves I typically end the fight without cooldowns left. Against bad thieves however its a one sided slaughter in favor of the ranger.

=Mesmer. If the duel is in a confined space the mesmer has the advantage. In open space with the ranger not needing to “guard” anything the ranger has the advantage and can take the long approach to the fight. Forcefully burning through one of the mesmers cooldowns after another.

<Rev. Rev has alot of the tools needed to survive rangers lower than average “burst” on decent enough coodowns he can cycle them effectively. And enough cc and damage to hit the ranger back harder. Its difficult for a ranger to maintain a gap against a skilled rev. Turning the fight into a form of cat and mouse with the ranger trying to deal enough damage inbetween defensive cooldowns until the revenant goes from offensive play to defensive. At this point the ranger can get the advantage.

<= Engineer (Scrapper). Scrapper has the tools necessary to shut down the rangers damage and sustain. And enough damage to hurt him. But not to the raw extent the rev does. The ranger can win this fight but it will be a long one and typically just not worth the time itl take and the risk involved. If this wasnt a duel but a match he should call for +1 or ignore that target until its vulnerable.

Other Rangers. Both dps oriented druids and support oriented druids have fairly equal chances of killing eachother. Whoever lands there cc combos more effectively and is the first to trap the other in roots for more than 2 seconds probably wins. The more aggressive ranger has the advantage here.

= Dragonhunter this is an interesting and obnoxious fight. Its very similar to fighting another druid with more predictable damage but significantly higher access to active defense and crowd control. This fight could easily stalemate until one side or the other lands that key combo when the other has nothing left to stop it. Ranger has more of an advantage at ranged combat as they can avoid popping traps if they use there bristlebacks instead of smokescales. This prevents the DH from getting there free massive heal from the smokescale UA ing through there heal trap. If the druid gets harpooned though and SoTP isnt active. It can be GG very quickly. The Druid has to play this matchup psuedo passively without going head to head with the DH. But the DH needs to force the druid into that intense close quarters fight. If he does then he has the advantage. In a kite out battle however with the druid freely positioning the DH between himself and his BB. The split damage sources can break through the DH’s active defense.

>Elementalist: In the current meta ele can be an easy kill for druid. Eles still deal significant damage when built for it but its incredibly highly telegraphed and relies very much on succesful CC combos to land. An ele playing defensively however can take a VERY long time to kill unless the ele makes a mistake and doesn’t cover a critical skill.

This is of course just my own experience.

Ghost Yak

Who can duel who

in PvP

akaCryptic.2389

Hmm can I ask you how did you make this picture? Photoshop or some other program?

Photoshop. Got the idea from moba sites that use this kind of things for hero guides. Perhaps metabattle can implement something similar one day.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I play Dragonhunter.

I have trouble with engis and rangers unless they are really bad.
Revs and warriors – it can go either way, depending on how skilled they are.
Most of the time I kill mesmers, unless they are really good.
Necros, thieves, and eles stand no chance.

Also, I can beat most other guardians ez

The Art of Roaming [gank]

(edited by Elementalist Owner.7802)

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Kurt Wulfgang.2436

Kurt Wulfgang.2436

S/F Marauder Ele:

Can kill Rangers.
Can kill Thieves.
Can kill Revs if rev is less skilled than you.
Can kill Condi Warriors(if warr has sword, warr always wins due to more condi pressure)
Can kill Mesmers if mesmer is less skilled than you.

Every other class and build pretty much roflstomps you unless Ele is 5 times more skilled than its opponent

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

As a necro I really only feel the fight is in my favor against Revs and Eles and feels sorta fair/doable agains DHs and Scrappers. Everything else… They need to be baddies.

Who can duel who

in PvP

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

mes:
kittens on rogue
pees on necro
gets pooped on by DH
gets pooped on by engi
equal against mes
Not enough unranked revs

Matchup versus DH is hard but winnable, condi warrior matchup is easy, engi matchup varies, depending on what the engi runs and how good he is, most engis are bad so you wont have a problem, you kill ele unless he gives up the node, again ranger depends on how good the opponent is, in qs you will never have a problem but vs good players its a hard but winnable matchup.