Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

List your ideas and builds here.

IMO a really really good Thief or a really good retal Guardian

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Against Hambow I’m thinking phant mes, although the amount of skill from the mes compared to the amount of skill from the war is disproportionate.

Of course, as everyone knows, the true sleeper OP counter to everyone is double rifle killshot warrior. Get with the meta kids it’s gonna hit you like a shark with knees for 20k damage

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

1v1 necro can beat them if they sink into dps and play well..
No prolonged fear or gimmicks, just your most logical straight up dps and DS traits. Not blowing your cooldowns but make them spam closers which you can see clearly when they move slower.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Another warrior.

All is vain.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Sinister.5792

Sinister.5792

[BUILD USED HERE ARE SAME BUILD AS I USE IN TOURNEY / I PLAY CC THIEF]
warriors are easy to kill

here’s example on attachment, warrior dying from 1 pistol only..

and here’s more
My 1-handed warrior kills gallery
http://tinyurl.com/warriorkills (oops i think i mixed it up,, but i’ve got lots of screenshots about players ransackers/marauders/champions dying from 1 wep)

Attachments:

I kill 2 birds with over 9000 stones

(edited by Sinister.5792)

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Phant/retal mes + condi confuse/retal mes are both pretty effective. Unfortunately these are basically 100% 1v1 dueling specs that are not very useful at all in team fights.

Engineers can have some success against them, but it depends on the skill level of the engi (which is pretty much the MO for all Engi fights).

I’ve seen some spirit rangers and minion necros have success, but they have to be willing to cede the cap point in order to stay out of the longbow AoE in order to keep their pets alive.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: KooB.6503

KooB.6503

d/p thieves.
dat bp dat hs dat bs dat bp dat auto attack dat hs dat bs dat rinse dat wash dat repeat

- Twin Doggy Dawg

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Another warrior.

This ^^. Currently the only counter.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

BF4. Or a new balance team.

All is vain.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Leonschiggen.1860

Leonschiggen.1860

d/p thieves.
dat bp dat hs dat bs dat bp dat auto attack dat hs dat bs dat rinse dat wash dat repeat

dat zerker stance dat hammer stun combo dat healing sig regen dat aoe burning dat 4s immob dat aoe burst dat rinse dat wash dat repeat

Deathknight NA
twitch.tv/deznaito

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

This is sort of build dependent. With that aside and trying to generalize though…

Good, burst thieves can be good. My pick is Mesmer though, they have the most tools for avoiding the big telegraphed attacks while being able to relentlessly apply pressure at the same time.

Thieves can avoid the attacks like no other, but they can’t keep up the pressure while avoiding like the Mesmer can.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I’m pretty sure Chuck Norris can counter Warriors.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

As already some people said: Mesmers, thieves, engeniers, guardians. I´ve seen necros, rangers and even eles beating warriors ( the last ones not that often). I think that is more related with skill/build of the player. Specialy the skill.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

meditation guard. Reset traits to 30-1-30-0-0. Divinity runes
use greatsword-mace/focus
learn to animation skip mace 2 ward

Too many blocks. Too many blinds. Too much burning. They perish.

Passive ranger.
sword-axe
wolf/hound

Too many evades. Poison stays on top of healing sig
KD and fear their chains to upset their play with pets. They perish.

Mesmer-pretty much any build. They perish.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

As already some people said: Mesmers, thieves, engeniers, guardians. I´ve seen necros, rangers and even eles beating warriors ( the last ones not that often). I think that is more related with skill/build of the player. Specialy the skill.

Does my cat counter warrior? She’s very skilled, I swear.
Because, according to you, everything can counter warrior except warrior. I guess they need a buff..?

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Does my cat counter warrior? She’s very skilled, I swear.
Because, apparently, everything can counter warrior except warrior. I guess they need a buff..?

Sorry forgot that one… Warriors also. Thanks for remind me.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

necro and another warrior….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

necro and another warrior….

You should really play a Necro against warrior and enjoy seeing “Immune” popping out of your enemy’s head because you tried to fear him away while he was stunlocking your kitten .

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

elementalist with fresh air build :-)

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

First time I heard someone afraid of dying to a guard due to burning, honestly.

1 block every 15 seconds, and 1 aegis every 45 seconds, so in 60 seconds you got about 5-6 blocks? Throw in a well timed shelter for another 5 maybe, that would be at least 10 seconds of burning. Burning will do a minimum of 328 damage a tick and we will say a modest 500 damage if they put some into condition damage. So that is 3280-5000 damage in 10 seconds, every 60 seconds.

Sounds like a killer.

Unless you didn’t mean the burning on block, and just burns in general, then it is still about 328-500 damage and every 5th hit, or for 5 seconds in a 30s cooldown.

(edited by CMF.5461)

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

First time I heard someone afraid of dying to a guard due to burning, honestly.

1 block every 15 seconds, and 1 aegis every 45 seconds, so in 60 seconds you got about 5-6 blocks? Throw in a well timed shelter for another 5 maybe, that would be at least 10 seconds of burning. Burning will do a minimum of 328 damage a tick and we will say a modest 500 damage if they put some into condition damage. So that is 3280-5000 damage in 10 seconds, every 60 seconds.

Sounds like a killer.

Unless you didn’t mean the burning on block, and just burns in general, then it is still about 328-500 damage and every 5th hit, or for 5 seconds in a 30s cooldown.

Well, actually, I used to run a Guardian burn build that was just nasty at killing most classes, but I quit playing Guardian because it didn’t really fit my playstyle. Not sure if it works these days as I haven’t played Guardian in a while and most I run into are either bunker or tripple med, but it did at one point.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Prismatic condi mesmer. 20 points in domination gives good defense from cripples and torch cooldown, 30 points in chaos gives condition on clone death to counter/cleaving, boosts stealth and gives random boons when stealthed. You can normally beat warriors by controlling the fight and slowly wearing them down. Staff clones + scepter-torch 2/3/4 help. Doom sigils mean constant poison uptime. Requires a lot of patience and knowing how to react though.

Build used less in pvp though due to little burst (constant condi pressure rather than condi burst) and less team utility than most mesmer specs. Very strong 1v1 though.

Mesmer phantasm specs work, but can still be countered by killing the phantasms quickly then pressuring the mesmer (phantasms are really squishy). Depends on how aware the warrior is of mesmer playstyle.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warriors finaly can face “bad” Thieves and Mesmers, and some them comes here to request nerf?

Actually who needs same attention are Necros (AI hits very hard, conditions rips 35k – 40k very fast) and Ranger LB.

I think that warriors are finaly near to pair anothers classes.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Warriors finaly can face “bad” Thieves and Mesmers, and some them comes here to request nerf?

Actually who needs same attention are Necros (AI hits very hard, conditions rips 35k – 40k very fast) and Ranger LB.

I…always try to be straightforward and polite on the forums, but…

Did you just say warriors are nearly as good as other classes and ranger longbow may need a nerf? Because it really looks like that’s what you said. It’s not, right?

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Mesmer. But you must not miss your Moa Morph

You need A LOT of space to “try” to kite them with your phantasms. PU mesmers take too long to kill them. In any case you must give them the node.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Professions that counters warriors:

• Mesmer
  • Engineer
  • Ranger
  • Warrior
  • Necromancer
  • Elementalist
  • Guardian
  • Warrior

Professions that warrior counters:

• Mesmer
  • Engineer
  • Ranger
  • Warrior
  • Necromancer
  • Elementalist
  • Guardian
  • Warrior
5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

enigneers, guardian, mesmer, and necro all all a good counter to the warrior. It just depends on your play style and skill.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Just don’t let warriors use longbow, mace or shield and they are ok.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

People are lying so much about the balance seriously …. a longbow ranger counters a stun-lock warrior ? Since when ?? Devs need to start playing their game and stop listening to the random crap that people say on these forums .

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

Passive ranger.
sword-axe
wolf/hound

Wow, I’ve never seen mace used in meditations build. I do know Sw/F +S/T meditations used to absolutely wreck warriors. That was pre-buffs tho.

Neglekt

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

• Mesmer

• Engineer
  • Thief
  • Ranger
  • Warrior
  • Necromancer
  • Elementalist
  • Guardian

Fixed

Neglekt

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

• Mesmer
  • Engineer
  • Ranger
  • Warrior
  • Necromancer
  • Elementalist
  • Guardian
  • Warrior

• Mesmer
  • Engineer
  • Ranger
  • Warrior
  • Necromancer
  • Elementalist
  • Guardian
  • Warrior

I agree
The only difference is just the amount of skill a class needs to counter warrior than it takes a warrior to counter the other classes which should be fixed imo

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

What skill?

Just spamm 1 or 2 skill tipe or comand?

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

Passive ranger.
sword-axe
wolf/hound

If a hammer/lb warrior loses to a dps guardian build like that, then that warrior has some serious l2p issues. Dps guardians can counter many things, but hammer/lb warrior isnt one of them, unless the warrior is terrible.

Pandaz

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

People are lying so much about the balance seriously …. a longbow ranger counters a stun-lock warrior ? Since when ?? Devs need to start playing their game and stop listening to the random crap that people say on these forums .

I agree with the second part of your post. Well said.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Passive ranger.
sword-axe
wolf/hound

If a hammer/lb warrior loses to a dps guardian build like that, then that warrior has some serious l2p issues. Dps guardians can counter many things, but hammer/lb warrior isnt one of them, unless the warrior is terrible.

Well people think that a terrible warrior will beat all the classes… Its good to see someone who see some skill on the warrior side.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

How in the [censored] are Ranger Longbows overpowered? I really hope you mentioned them here because they need a buff. Especially as a Warrior with stability up near nonstop.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

risenlord.2035

A spirit pet ranger will have an advantage over a cc warrior. the Ranger in this set up has Insta res, regen, protection, crit damage all coming from from the pets pair this with sword dagger and thats 4 evades right there. I wont say the ranger will win every time but the cc warrior would be at a disadvantage.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

risenlord.2035

How in the [censored] are Ranger Longbows overpowered? I really hope you mentioned them here because they need a buff. Especially as a Warrior with stability up near nonstop.

cc warrior gets 8.5 seconds of stability with either dolyak signet or balanced stance. Taking stance mastery with a cc build just isn’t practical. Shield mastery or dodged march are much more practical. So thats 8.5 seconds of stability and another 8.5 if you waste the the skill slot on it instead of something much more useful. Any good thief or necro can just strip that stability right off.

Where does this infinite amount of stability that you are speaking of come from?

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Where does this infinite amount of stability that you are speaking of come from?

Rampage duh

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

A spirit pet ranger will have an advantage over a cc warrior. the Ranger in this set up has Insta res, regen, protection, crit damage all coming from from the pets pair this with sword dagger and thats 4 evades right there. I wont say the ranger will win every time but the cc warrior would be at a disadvantage.

i use soldier amulet and rune of the fighter to add damage to my spirit ranger build. i’m telling you, it’s not that hard to defeat a warrior 1v1. i even find necros harder to beat. as long as i was able to survive the burst damage i could get the advantage after. i use longbow and shortbow instead of close range melee weapons. getting too close to a warrior is suicide.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

d/p thieves.

Yea, D/P thief is one of the better specs to counter a warrior, but if you miss dodging or blinding a stun, you’re insta-downed. However, more warrior stuns are terribly obvious.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I main a warrior. Been doing it since I started PvP.

Best counters I have personally seen are one of the following

• Blind + Snare (Engineers, Necromancers, Thieves)
  • Snare + Evasion/Block (Rangers)
  • Blind + Continuous Damage (Guardians)
  • Snare + Continuous Damage (Engineers, Rangers, Mesmers)
  • Spike damage (Thieves and d/d eles)

Also, if playing a warrior against a D/P thief

• Do NOT stand in black powder like an idiot
  • AoE just outside of black powder
  • Use an autoattack to remove blind…do NOT use a big stun while blinded.
  • As SOON as you see a delay in D/P blind chain, that means the thief has run out of initiative and it’s time to lay the smack down.
Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

dudes… at the moment. NOTHING counters the warrior. There are some classes who MAY win a 1v1. But you’ll never hear somebody say; “oh it’s just a kittening warrior no kittening problem I win 100%”.

The warriors who loose a 1v1 are 1) bad warriors and/or 2) were playing against a better warrior.

A real counter should not only counter the warrior 1v1 but also in a teamfight. That simply doesn’t exists.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Also, if playing a warrior against a D/P thief

• Do NOT stand in black powder like an idiot
  • AoE just outside of black powder
  • Use an autoattack to remove blind…do NOT use a big stun while blinded.
  • As SOON as you see a delay in D/P blind chain, that means the thief has run out of initiative and it’s time to lay the smack down.

As a thief, you can counter these counters by:
– Move to the far side of a black powder field so that the warrior either comes close enough to hit you or has to stand out of melee range.
– If the warrior stands away from the black powder, HS through to stealth and backstab
– Don’t wait until you are almost out or are out of initiative to escape if you haven’t killed the warrior yet.
– Unless you’re wasting initiative, you can spam black powder until the cows come home.

Who counters Warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Who counters warriors?

Magic Toker and Mesmers.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.