Who said there are no Thieves in tPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

That’s all I’ve been seeing lately, is teams running 2 Thieves. And believe it or not, most of the time it’s either them on top of the board or the teams’ Mesmer.

So please, stop spreading false statements as facts. Thieves are still very much viable in tPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

Oh, its this guy again. This is a great and constructive post. Being at the “top of the board” definitely shows who had the biggest impact on the match as well.

I can’t wait until your next revelation of PvP truth arrives.

in PvP

Posted by: Qian.4632

Qian.4632

Uh. If 40% of a top pvp team are thieves, it means thieves are viable in tPvP. No fallacies in logic.

in PvP

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

thiefs everywhere in tpvp had the honors of being backstabbed by one today for 15k damage. they can have there burst tho i don’t care.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

Uh. If 40% of a top pvp team are thieves, it means thieves are viable in tPvP. No fallacies in logic.

Well that isn’t the case. In fact, I would love to know of a “top team” that even runs more than 1 thief.

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

There would be no fallacy in that logic if that were actually the logic. But that’s not what he said.

He said the Thieves were at the top of the scoreboard. He didn’t say the team was at the top. And even if he had, it wouldn’t make any sense, since there’s nothing for the team to be at the top of.

In short, who cares if some random teams in tPvP are running multiple thieves?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

2 thieves is a bit much imo, 1 thief is a good ganker especially to ninja boss on forest

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

A roamer thief is viable in tPVP if not exactly overpowered. I think the complaints are that really that’s the only thing a thief can do in tpvp. Which admittedly is better than some classes (cough ranger cough) who have NO viable tPVP roles.

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

thief has 2 viable specs in competitive pvp (backstab & conditions) both fulfill the role of a roamer whereas the former is better at resolving things asap whereas condition thief is extremely strong in 1v1’s & 2v2’s but lacks burst potential in larger/outmatched fights

so with 2 completely different yet viable specs that is already more than pretty much any other profession

lets just see…

ele 1
warrior 0
ranger 0
mesmer 2-3
engineer 2
guardian 1
necro 1-2

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

I am recently playing a S/D Thief in tPvP. People have no idea what on earth I’m doing when I fight them because the spec is not used very much. Anyone care to guess what that means? I don’t rely on Backstab or Heartseeker or Pistol Whip to win the day.

in PvP

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

Yea kinda like the other day I was 1 shotted by an ele the other day for 32k damage at 1800 range. He even had me perma stunned the next time I came after him when I spawned and danced around me. Also calculating his max hp by how much of his health was missing when i hit him that one time for 3k, he had 64k hp. As I also liked how he was hovering off the ground, had blonde spikey hair, and blue eyes.

I do not need to provide screenshots or videos of this because I know it is true and my numbers are 100% accurate.

in PvP

Posted by: Ecliptica.7509

Ecliptica.7509

I was in a Tpvp with 5 thieves…

Yeah, ppl choise them because they are fun to play………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

in PvP

Posted by: Kryshade.6075

Kryshade.6075

Funny, we were running tournies tonight and my guild and I were discussing thieves and how people whine about them all over the forums. Our general consensus was none of us worry about them too much. We usually run one thief as a roamer but I don’t think there’s a person on our roster that fears a thief like all these baddies who whine about them do.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Thief is definitely viable class in tPvP. It has great burst ability + movement. Exactly what you need from roamer.

there are also situation where no other class can do better (stealing forest NPC for example, movement on khylo map from side point to mid point in 2 seconds ! ).
Thats where the Thiefs are bests. But i wouldnt take 2 in balanced team. One is needed, but thats it.

in PvP

Posted by: Umweltplakette.2109

Umweltplakette.2109

and they are not even “needed” … a lot of good teams do run without thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I was in a Tpvp with 5 thieves…

Yeah, ppl choise them because they are fun to play………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I’ve fought a few full (or mostly full) thief teams in tpvp and they are pretty bad. They can’t hold points, and they’re kitten in team fights. You just focus on 1 thief at a time and if they down one of yours you got allies nearby that can res. That’s the important thing, really. Don’t get caught alone if you can’t handle them.

in PvP

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Thieves said that. Thief is the most popular PvP class atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Knyx.5926

Knyx.5926

Yea kinda like the other day I was 1 shotted by an ele the other day for 32k damage at 1800 range. He even had me perma stunned the next time I came after him when I spawned and danced around me. Also calculating his max hp by how much of his health was missing when i hit him that one time for 3k, he had 64k hp. As I also liked how he was hovering off the ground, had blonde spikey hair, and blue eyes.

I do not need to provide screenshots or videos of this because I know it is true and my numbers are 100% accurate.

WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL???

What is this scouting device you speak of??

All I know is I had a similar situation as well in wvwvw last night. There was this Norn elementalist with the smae blonde spikey hair and blue eyes. I came across him after a large battle and he was on my team. He was just standing there in a horse stance and his face was really red. I figured he just had to go take a bowel movement after a long battle but he looked really constipated. Even though I was a little afraid, I walked up and offered him some stool softeners and laxative. This ele must have been standing there for at least 1 hour doing this too, and enemies would just pass by him like they couldn’t attack him….. so strange

in PvP

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

Thieves are perfectly equipped for a roamer.
Great mobility strong 1v1 potential.
In a tourney they’re definitely a viable choice.

In random-matches they’re simply pub stompers.
Most players over there are just incredibly bad.
No condition remove against DB and no block-set against backstabbers..
No wonder so many people cry about thieves.

The pure amount of brainless glass cannons in random matches just makes me facepalm.

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

in PvP

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

Lol tpvp people are dropping thiefs for warriors.

PW nerf got them too much. My warrior can do 20k+ damage in 1 100b. Its awesome using 100b on people trying to raise someone :O

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

Lol tpvp people are dropping thiefs for warriors.

PW nerf got them too much. My warrior can do 20k+ damage in 1 100b. Its awesome using 100b on people trying to raise someone :O

actually warriors are useless and underpowered in the current meta but buffing them would make all the baddies cry even more