Whole sPvP is about Bleeding and Burning.

in PvP

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

This whole godkitten spvp is about bleed and burn.

Everytime I die, its like 50k DMG bleeding, 30k dmg burning and such.
The third is like 1k hit from a skill.

You cannot cleanse conditions because they applied too quickly.

Why is this passive kitten exists?
Press #1 and apply conditions lol, automatic win.

This whole pvp in this game is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Actually PvP is about being tanky which you just demonstrated! If you took 50,000 damage from burning and burning only does like 600 damage with a full condi build, and you probably took like a lot of power damage, poison, bleeds, etc., that means you must have survived for like at least 3-5 minutes! Nerf tanky sustain please! It’s why everyone is running freaking Doom Sigil!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Yeah cheasy condtion specs sux ….

‘’Necromancers need more survibility , not more burst , wtf are you doing ? ’’
6 months forward : ’’why the kitten do we have this tanky-no skill meta , wtf are you doing ?
:P

in PvP

SpecterMAT.7306

I’m just sad cuz i would like to have a cool skill based PvP experience.
And the current situation is that tanky passive #1 auto win builds usually the one which gets glory and women

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

no tanky build will ever save you from a good burst. it’s very much about the skill, don’t be sad. priorities are just somewhere else. also, i would play more than 150 games in total to judge pvp, my frand.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

All warrior burst skills have been nerfed. Hammer, axe, arc’ing, skull crack. All mesmer damage has been repeatedly nerfed. All thief damage has been repeatedly nerfed. These power damage builds used to strike hard, very hard. Now ppl think rapid fire is too up when it hits for 6k. Repeat this every-single-patch…

-physical damage+-physical damage+ whining about power damage+-more power damage= Condition/tank meta.

It is just kinda how it has gone. Even the glass canons of today aren’t a glassy as they used to be and don’t hit anywhere near as hard as they used to.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i remember the good old days, when i played my triple cantrip d/d with berserkers amulet...

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

This whole godkitten spvp is about bleed and burn.

Everytime I die, its like 50k DMG bleeding, 30k dmg burning and such.
The third is like 1k hit from a skill.

You cannot cleanse conditions because they applied too quickly.

Why is this passive kitten exists?
Press #1 and apply conditions lol, automatic win.

This whole pvp in this game is a joke.

You sure had a lot of health. 80k health all gone from someone pressing #1 and applying a condition… You must have used up all your defensive CDs on the previous fight or something….

in PvP

SpecterMAT.7306

Everytime I have 1v1 and i got rekt, its usually like:
8k bleeding dmg at least + other condition 3-4k.

If I lose in a group fight its usually like 20k bleeding damage + others.

Those 30-40k + bleeding damages added up cuz I survived a few 1v1 and such.
But seriously. The 3rd skill which damaged me the most was some physical thing for like 1-1.5k.

It’s just very passive that lots of things can easily inflict with 1 button tons of conditions on you and no way to cleanse it because they applied too quickly, and cleansing has cool down.

I just wanted to enjoy a pvp which is about skills and such. Not passive condition spamming with 3k+ armor and tons of health.

in PvP

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

Everytime I have 1v1 and i got rekt, its usually like:
8k bleeding dmg at least + other condition 3-4k.

If I lose in a group fight its usually like 20k bleeding damage + others.

Those 30-40k + bleeding damages added up cuz I survived a few 1v1 and such.
But seriously. The 3rd skill which damaged me the most was some physical thing for like 1-1.5k.

It’s just very passive that lots of things can easily inflict with 1 button tons of conditions on you and no way to cleanse it because they applied too quickly, and cleansing has cool down.

I just wanted to enjoy a pvp which is about skills and such. Not passive condition spamming with 3k+ armor and tons of health.

From my experience, I encounter more people using a power build than a condition one:
-Mesmer => mostly power builds
-Thief => almost only power builds
-Warrior => almost only power builds
-Guardian => ONLY power builds (I’ve seen maybe 2-3 guys total with a burning build using torch and whatnot but it’s garbage)
-Ranger => almost only power builds
-Necromancer => equal number of power and condi builds

The two only class where you clearly see more condi are Eles (~80%) and Engi (99% lawl).

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

agreed with this, i’t be nice to see something other than:
“condition X” 80 bajillion damage
“condition Z” 65 bajillion damage
“condition X” 40 bajillion damage
….

though this pic was made before rapid fire found a spot on every death breakdown.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

….

though this pic was made before rapid fire found a spot on every death breakdown.

Perhaps we need to change the death breakdown so that all condition damage isn’t lumped together anymore while all the power damage is seperated over different skills.

Also on the pic (top left):
50928 damage over at least 68 seconds is a dps of at most 748 damage/second. Not that impressive.

EverythingOP

in PvP

SpecterMAT.7306

….

this is what I exactly always see whenever I die

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Did you consider you’re health in downstate mechanic is also in there? downstate is not totally defeated nor dead, entering downstate can give you another set of skills and another health bar (yeah i know we need to adapt) considering the fact, but i might be wrong and of course if someone wants to enlighten us about this matter is much appreciated. we might seek some advice to those top leaders on boards or might be some red post to clear things up.
Because i too has problem on the matter, and yeah spvp is about bleed and burn.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

And stunning and interrupting and weaponstealing and knockbacking.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Looking at the death breakdown like many are doing is so misleading it is hilarious. The reason why bleeding, burning, etc. are always so high is that every skill that causes a condition is lumped into the same category. Where as the direct damage is spread upon all the different skills which if summed would often be higher than the total condition damage, but they aren’t.

Take for example a s/s lb warrior. They inflict bleeding multiple ways, the autos, flurry, riposte, pindown, etc. In the death breakdown all these different sources of bleeding are combined into one large tally even though they were caused by different skills. Now we look at a hammer warrior, they use all there skills each doing a substantial amount of damage, however on the death breakdown, the damage is spread out with the damage from each individual skill being on its own separate part of the list.

In short the death breakdown is extremely misleading, and should not be sighted as a reason why condis are overpowered.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I think there are reasons why LOL is an esport and this game is not. One is: They really keep DOT’s to a minimum whereas GW2 adds a new DOT every patch.

Not only are they numerous, they are applied AOE with less risk to the caster.

It just makes for really poor pvp at times.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I think there are reasons why LOL is an esport and this game is not. One is: They really keep DOT’s to a minimum whereas GW2 adds a new DOT every patch.

Well said

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

I agree partially.

Look at how conditions were implemented in GW1. The damaging conditions had negative pips fixed (based on the condition itself), and the only thing that scaled with the attribute was the duration. Add to that that the removal of conditions was managed by a LIFO queue, and you ended with a system that promoted skilled plays instead of random spamming like in GW2 (covering the most damaging conditions was paramount in GW1).

Funny note about a specific condition in GW2, Confusion. There was a Confusion mesmer hex in GW1 which worked in the same way as the GW2 condition – guess what, it was scrapped before the release of Prophecies. Food for thought.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

and cc…don’t forget cc

Ark 2nd Account