Why....

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

…do I get punished for playing good?

The more I win, the worse my teammates are. Whats the logic behind that?

Give me enemies on my level instead of forcibly tanking my level by saddling me with players that dont even know theres a minimap that you can see enemy players on.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Welcome to gw2 50% w/l algorithm :>

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, that’s not how it works. You either had bad luck or you have very biased perception.

Losing streaks happen. Take a break and come back later if thats the case.

Why....

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Yea, that’s not how it works. You either had bad luck or you have very biased perception.

Losing streaks happen. Take a break and come back later if thats the case.

tell me that after playing couple thousand of matches~

All is Vain~

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Welcome to gw2 50% w/l algorithm :>

I just hit my legendary today, my entire Diamond journey has been an 80%= winrate while SoloQ.

If I lose, that is when I take a break, if I win, I continue until I lose. But I don’t know about that algorithm.

Attachments:

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteRabbit.6931

WhiteRabbit.6931

Give me enemies on my level instead of forcibly tanking my level by saddling me with players that dont even know theres a minimap that you can see enemy players on.

I notice aswell! I get very frustrated sometimes because of this…

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Constantin.5608

Constantin.5608

If I lose, that is when I take a break, if I win, I continue until I lose. But I don’t know about that algorithm.

You’re on the opposite end of the stick. Match Making is always in your favour. See the screen for an even better example of the power of luck in solo queue.

If you win by more than 200 points, the match was likely in your favour from the start. I won a match 500 to 17 in solo ranked yesterday and only gained 1 pip.

Attachments:

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

The devs already stated that the system will be changed in next season.

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Because MMR doesn’t reflect skill, it reflects the skill of every team you pugged in. The biggest lie about MMR is that it is able to pick your skill level out of 5 random people over time. But if you are top scorer in 95% matches and keep getting long losing streaks then it is not assessing your or everyone else’s skill level accurately.

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Mmhhhhmm mmhhhmmm or perhaps you were just being carried by previous teammates. When you win your with good teammates but when you lose your with bad teammates – Coincidence I think not.

Also your demands are a little…. well off. I would think you would want teammates of your level not wanting the opposing team being of your level while you still having newer players. Whatever may float your boat though

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Something is seriously wrong with thier match making. I wish the MMR on everyone would get released.

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

You’re on the opposite end of the stick. Match Making is always in your favour. See the screen for an even better example of the power of luck in solo queue.

If you win by more than 200 points, the match was likely in your favour from the start. I won a match 500 to 17 in solo ranked yesterday and only gained 1 pip.

Congrats. I haven’t been able to get past tier 5 ruby. When I do break into tier 6 I am paired against a team that slaughters me. Part of this is a personal issue, but part of it is the system. I honestly don’t even know why I’m trying anymore. I take breaks when I lose and come back and get completely out-matched or on a team that needs 4 people to kill one person.

Why....

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

Congrats. I haven’t been able to get past tier 5 ruby. When I do break into tier 6 I am paired against a team that slaughters me. Part of this is a personal issue, but part of it is the system. I honestly don’t even know why I’m trying anymore. I take breaks when I lose and come back and get completely out-matched or on a team that needs 4 people to kill one person.

For whatever reason, this seems to happen to EVERYONE, the last stretch of Ruby (t5 and 6) puts everyone through the gauntlet, It took me weeks to get my last 3 pips into diamond.

It is once I reached diamond that it became smooth sailing. Maybe they !$@#ed something up for Ruby match making. But this was also prior to the “smurfing” patch that it gave me trouble.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Why....

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

delete pls, duplicate post

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Yes this is absolutely the worst patch for pvp ever released by arena.
Lots of frustated players gonna leave game.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

Because MMR doesn’t reflect skill, it reflects the skill of every team you pugged in. The biggest lie about MMR is that it is able to pick your skill level out of 5 random people over time. But if you are top scorer in 95% matches and keep getting long losing streaks then it is not assessing your or everyone else’s skill level accurately.

its actually easy to point farm and do nothing for your team.

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

How I know this game forces a 50% w/l if you solo queue?

Well, its quite easy, you see.

I win lets say 10 games.

First 5 games are smooth sailing because I get matched with and against players of my own level. One scrub here or there, no problem, he gets carried by team.

Next 3 games I get at least 2 scrubs to carry, whereas enemy team still only has max 1 scrub. Still, I can do that. It gets harder though and I have to usually defend two points simultaneously because of that. But, as I said, it still is possible, especially as a druid.

Next 2 games are a real pain in my butt, because I get matched still with at least 2 scrubs, but enemy team now has none. It usually is a 4 man or 5 man premade sitting in ts. Defending two points gets virtually impossible, only winning those two games because of superb rotating. You know, like getting all communes or soloing lord when score at 490 to 350 or stealing bosses.

After that its free fall until I lost at least 10 games. If I manage to actually win one of those unplayable matches I dont get 2 pips or 3 pips as promised. Oh no, since my rating is so high, I get max. 1 pip. If I manage to win, I get to loose 11 games. Because I get matched with these unbelievably bad players, that think they can win a bunker vs bunker on an enemy capped point and actually CONTRIBUTE. That think rushing far and DIEING there 3 times is contributing. That actually think, rushing lord at beginning is pro. Players that loose ever 1v1. Players that actually manage to DIE in a 3v2 or 4v2 – where they arent underdog. Players that have no clue how rotating works, because they havent even realized yet, there’s a minimap tool. And players that simply have no idea that there is something like “disengage” and instead rallybot all the time due to bad rotating and tunnel vision.

So yeah, I havent made this thread just because I lost a game here and there. For me it really is always the same.

For those that still dont get it:
The more you win, the more you get saddled with players that loose their games.
Imagine an exponential function. You know that part where the graph rapidly starts climbing? Thats your 50% wl ratio. And thats where you have to start doing really really hard work to keep on climbing. If you only soloqueue that is.

Im tired of this kitten. I just… I really just cant take it anymore. Any moba has a better matchmaking than Anet EVER had.

And there is nothing you can do about that as a solo queuer. Anet is so focused on their precious team queue and esports, they just keep on stepping on solos.
As a team you get points shoved up your kitten . You get to exploit all kinds of kitten in this game and Anet does NOTHING about it.

As a solo? You get… forced 50% wl ratio with immediate repercussions if you play too good. Because hey, if you play that well, you get the “pleasure” of carrying more and more bad players to make THEM feel good about themselves.

This system is broken on so many levels.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Why....

in PvP

Cynz.9437

For whatever reason, this seems to happen to EVERYONE, the last stretch of Ruby (t5 and 6) puts everyone through the gauntlet, It took me weeks to get my last 3 pips into diamond.

It is once I reached diamond that it became smooth sailing. Maybe they !$@#ed something up for Ruby match making. But this was also prior to the “smurfing” patch that it gave me trouble.

Not really, i got through last tier of ruby within few games. Ruby tier1-2 (wow apparently just using t for tier is against forum rules and gets censored????) and sapphire were real pain for some reason though.

All is Vain~

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Not really, i got through last tier of ruby within few games. Ruby tier1-2 (wow apparently just using t for tier is against forum rules and gets censored????) and sapphire were real pain for some reason though.

Yeah… I’m not sure what is the deal is. I made it through Sapphire in 24 hours. Just hoping next season will be better.

Why....

in PvP

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Just wanted to say that I’ve been experiencing the same. Playing for 2 weeks to get out of Ruby, then going from diamond to legend in 3 days. Now legend solo queue is pretty much the same as Ruby was. I think it has to do with people not trying to win that hard any more (because they reached the ranking they wanted).

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles