Why AP for the top 250 titles is not cool

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Should this even be a discussion? A reward is a reward is a reward is a reward. If you can’t get it, you bloody well can’t get it.

There are different kinds of rewards ingame.
For example raid players would not be amused if you would get the same rewards for doing dailies. But “a reward is a reward is a reward”, right?
Handing out the wrong rewards can wreck reward structures. This, for example, happend with GW2 emotes. They are too easy to get resulting in no prestige. While GW1 emotes are very prestigious.

It makes sense to differentiate rewards. It’s a bad idea to hand out the same rewards for every activity. AP are targeted towards “play everything a bit” completionists. APs don’t target ESL-PVP players.

Anet could reward, for example, the top players with a permanent symbol (similar as the league symbol) at their nametag. Or with other useful stuff as skins, gems, gold, auras or emotes.

It’s a bad idea to mix up rewards. Top PVP Players also deserve exclusive rewards.
AP are a bad reward for a top pvp player who doesn’t care too much about AP (probably most/all of them). At the same time it causes trouble because it wrecks the motivation of completionists. And it will become even worse with each new season.

So: separate both systems. Find a better, more meaningful reward for top pvp players. And let the APs be achievable by everyone to cater to completionists – as in the past 4 years.

It is NOT a bad idea to hand out the same rewards for every activity. All I’m hearing from you is “We AP hoarders are like crony capitalists, we only care about things WE can achieve as long as WE can achieve them. If we can’t achieve it then NO ONE ELSE CAN! MUHAHAHAH!!”

There’s nothing wrong with not being able to get some 42 achievement points in PvP because you’re not a PvPer, there is ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY nothing wrong with that.

But then again, it matters not if PvPers get AP or if they don’t get AP. The titles and whatever other rewards are enough.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Sznurek.8791

Sznurek.8791

Yeah this thread is a joke. Because this is something which is a real achivment in the game. It’s mostly based on your skill but some ppl aren’t happy because they think achivments should be only grindable.

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

All I’m hearing from you is “We AP hoarders are like crony capitalists, we only care about things WE can achieve as long as WE can achieve them. If we can’t achieve it then NO ONE ELSE CAN! MUHAHAHAH!!”

Spot on.

But then again, it matters not if PvPers get AP or if they don’t get AP. The titles and whatever other rewards are enough.

True enough, it’s such a small amount that it barely matters if it’s there or not, but now I want it to stay there out of principle.

in PvP

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

yes, please remove the 6 ap i would guess that less than 5% of the people getting to top 250 do it for ap anyway. it would kinda be like giving more AP to people on the winning server (doing wvw season) which would be unfair since it is only obtainable by a limited number of ppl.

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I don’t think there’s any argument that getting into those levels is an achievement. It requires the practise to build up the skills to compete and win at those levels, likely including times when they have to carry a team that is otherwise weaker than the enemy team because of how the matchmaking works, and the time to get to the top and then hold that position. While the skill can crossover into PvE skill, that’s time and effort that a player isn’t spending towards getting the PvE achievements (a new set of which just landed with Wintersday), and they may well end up with nothing if the land on the 251st place in the end.

If someone gets ahead of you on the ladder because they got into the top 250 in a season, I think that’s entirely justified. They achieved something that you didn’t.

And it may not even matter. A lot of the more hardcore PvP players tend not to really care about PvE anyway, so there’s a good chance that there will be little crossover between the top 250 of the tournament and the top players in the AP leaderboards.

Legacy APs have already generated a situation where you pretty much have to have been playing since the very first limited-time achievement expired to realistically compete anyway. A brand-new player will have hundreds if not thousands of APs they can never hope to gain because those achievements have expired, so if you’re worried about players getting AP that other players will never be able to catch up to, you should probably also be campaigning to strip the AP away from every historical achievement. Even then, a brand-new player, however skilled, would still need at least four years before they can even hope to compete on the leaderboards just to catch up on the daily cap.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

It’s funny how people in this thread criticize AP farmers cause AP is dumb but are the firsdt ones to be against AP being grindable. If you guys are rly that much into PvP you shouldnt give a kitten about those AP (and the top250 even less), and theres ppl who plays the game just to farm them, so dunno whats the problem here. Remove those AP and let everyone be happy lol

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Hi, I’m an achievement hunter (or at least I used to be) too, and I’m posting since many of you completely missed the point about this: It’s not about having APs tied to the prestige of being a top tier PvPer, but the fact that only 250 people in the game will get the points.

Wasn’t this a complain of the non-achievement hunters too for the Living Story 1 points? That’s the same, only that even by playing, a part will get the points, the rest won’t.

Achievement Points should be something achieveble by anyone, for prestige you have titles.

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

in PvP

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

This seems pretty clear to me. Getting into the top 250 is an achievement. Unless I’m mistaken the A in AP stands for Achievement. Seems pretty reasonable to give them some Achievement Points for earning an Achievement. There’s a good chance I won’t be in that 250, but I don’t see why those who get up there don’t deserve it.

Now, if you wanted to give the same points to the same 250 people every season, assuming they keep placing in the exact same place, that’s a different point.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Tbh, pvp should have had its own “AP reward system” to begin with. Geared more towards what really matters to PvPers (→ titles, badges, skins) instead of getting thrown together with PvE and WvW

Getting lumped in together with PvE/WvW just shows that Anet isnt seeing PvP as the separate gamemode it should be, which is kinda the source of a lot of problems.

Take the changes to wardrobe. Before, as a pvper having a certain skin was prestigious. Now? Not at all. Every hick can get the skin (and better ones!) in PvE and show it off in PvP.
While the other changes went in the right direction of that famous patch in 2014, making PvE skins obtainable and usable in PvP is what started a whole lot of problems, coming to a head with the “exclusive PvP legendary backpiece” – that was not exclusive to PvP at all.

Forcing PvE players to play PvP is a bad bad bad thing. Forcing PvP players to play PvE for skins, is equally bad.

Long story short:
AP reward should be scrapped from PvP. Instead it should be replaced by a system that rewards PvP-only and PvP-relevant stuff. Put it together with rank, to give rank back some meaning.
There should be a separate PvP version of each character’s equipment, complete with weaponset and different skins.

PvP players would still earn gold and PvE items from reward tracks, to not be forced to start from 0 when trying out PvE… and PvE players could still PvP, just not with their shiny armor from PvE.

@Slothking
I cant really tell if your post is sarcastic. Because all PvP players I know… dont give a kitten about AP. They want titles, badges and shinies…
If you let PvPers choose between an exclusive PvP-only skin or equally exclusive 42 AP… guess what the majority will choose? I give you a hint… its not gonna be the AP.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

This seems pretty clear to me. Getting into the top 250 is an achievement. Unless I’m mistaken the A in AP stands for Achievement. Seems pretty reasonable to give them some Achievement Points for earning an Achievement. There’s a good chance I won’t be in that 250, but I don’t see why those who get up there don’t deserve it.

Now, if you wanted to give the same points to the same 250 people every season, assuming they keep placing in the exact same place, that’s a different point.

top 250 is really only part of the problem, though. Top 1 gives points, 2, 3, 4-10, 11-25, and 26-100.

Realistically, not only will ‘only the top 250’ be able to get in at the bottom rung, but there’s another 5 tiers that are far too limited; that’d be like them adding a Living world chapter and saying that only the first 250 people who log on get to play it. It’s not a good situation for anyone to be in.

Historically, I’ve placed pretty well in PvP. I got to low 20s on the solo queue LB, and like 22, iirc, on the one where they passed out GH armor and stuff. I’m not the best, I’m more than aware. But there’s a really good chance that I’ll at least make the top 100 this time around, and I still don’t like the exclusivity of this. There are so many factors that affect people that will eliminate them from the running for these. Missing out on the titles is pretty sucky. Missing out on the AP that makes a difference when you’re gunning for highest AP position is a whole other story. It should be a level playing field at all times, and limited reward window plus scarcity via placement isn’t okay, IMO.

To those saying, “Yeah, but LS1 gave tons and nobody can get them anymore”, consider that Devs have already said that they want to bring LS1 back when they have the opportunity/are given a green light. When that happens, I have to imagine they’re going to sort out the AP problem of back then; they just haven’t had the chance to do so yet. They’ve grown as a company, and have realized their best way forward.

If you’re saying “why does AP matter to you??”, consider that not everyone has fun the same way. People find enjoyment and competition in different venues. If you don’t understand it, that’s fine, but “your way of having fun is wrong” is silly, and shouldn’t be a part of this discussion.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

top 250 is really only part of the problem, though. Top 1 gives points, 2, 3, 4-10, 11-25, and 26-100.

Realistically, not only will ‘only the top 250’ be able to get in at the bottom rung, but there’s another 5 tiers that are far too limited; that’d be like them adding a Living world chapter and saying that only the first 250 people who log on get to play it. It’s not a good situation for anyone to be in.

Historically, I’ve placed pretty well in PvP. I got to low 20s on the solo queue LB, and like 22, iirc, on the one where they passed out GH armor and stuff. I’m not the best, I’m more than aware. But there’s a really good chance that I’ll at least make the top 100 this time around, and I still don’t like the exclusivity of this. There are so many factors that affect people that will eliminate them from the running for these. Missing out on the titles is pretty sucky. Missing out on the AP that makes a difference when you’re gunning for highest AP position is a whole other story. It should be a level playing field at all times, and limited reward window plus scarcity via placement isn’t okay, IMO.

To those saying, “Yeah, but LS1 gave tons and nobody can get them anymore”, consider that Devs have already said that they want to bring LS1 back when they have the opportunity/are given a green light. When that happens, I have to imagine they’re going to sort out the AP problem of back then; they just haven’t had the chance to do so yet. They’ve grown as a company, and have realized their best way forward.

If you’re saying “why does AP matter to you??”, consider that not everyone has fun the same way. People find enjoyment and competition in different venues. If you don’t understand it, that’s fine, but “your way of having fun is wrong” is silly, and shouldn’t be a part of this discussion.

If you care about the AP that much and are competitive to achieve the highest AP possible then why not actually step up and Compete for those few AP? They are there for anyone willing to put the effort into grab and every season they will be there up for grabs.

They may bring back LS 1 but they won’t bring back the Monthly AP which was 5k iirc, again there is about disparity and any new player or players that didn’t get to play during those times will never be to catch up so ……

in PvP

Posted by: Stivie.4538

Stivie.4538

Forcing PvE-players and AP-hunters to participate in PvP is the wrong way to populate it!

The idea to get exclusive PvP titles and how they have been implemented into the game is well done BUT … they shouldn’t be bound to AP.

I suggest you to change it to 0 AP and the special title will be the best way for all players … PvP Player got there special shine stuff
Most PvP-Players don’t care about AP but you are going to destroy the leaderboard of AP-hunters with this decision. I don’t think that this was your intention.

You shouldn’t forget that every single AP has a great impact on the achievements’ list (and we are playing for over 4 years now to reach it…take that in mind please)

The Top AP Hunter are just a small group of players … don’t forget us and don’t snatch the fun of the game from us.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Forcing PvE-players and AP-hunters to participate in PvP is the wrong way to populate it!

The idea to get exclusive PvP titles and how they have been implemented into the game is well done BUT … they shouldn’t be bound to AP.

I suggest you to change it to 0 AP and the special title will be the best way for all players … PvP Player got there special shine stuff
Most PvP-Players don’t care about AP but you are going to destroy the leaderboard of AP-hunters with this decision. I don’t think that this was your intention.

You shouldn’t forget that every single AP has a great impact on the achievements’ list (and we are playing for over 4 years now to reach it…take that in mind please)

The Top AP Hunter are just a small group of players … don’t forget us and don’t snatch the fun of the game from us.

PvP and WvW already have AP in most Achievements….. it has since inception….. this is no different. If you really cared about Hunting AP then you should have no problem competing for the 6 AP

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Why can’t you play PvP to become the top 250 though?
What stops you from doing that? You may surprise yourself. Those wanting AP removed seem to just not be able, due to lack of skill at the game, or just don’t want someone else having something they aren’t able to obtain.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I have to say that I am opposed to AP sources that are limited in nature as to how many people can obtain them. That seems wrong to me, but I do also believe that most to all historical achievements should come back in some form so take that as you may.

Reasons:
1) Only a limited amount of players can get them, most of them will go to people who do not even care about the AP part.

I find it funny that suddenly you consider something being exclusive, limited to a small number of people, to be a bad thing, when in all previous cases you took the exact opposite side.
Perhaps it’s because you don’t think you can get those APs yourself?

But onto this specifically, yes the people in this thread are being extremely hypocritical, especially @Malediktus. Some of them have campaigned very hard before for stuff to remain exclusive for no other reason than we need more exclusive stuff in this game. Considering that, I find it hard to support them when they cry about these 42 total AP being exclusive. I do think this is a bad move to introduce AP that is only given to a limited number of people, but some of the arguments in this thread are just ridiculous.

in PvP

Stivie.4538

PvP and WvW already have AP in most Achievements….. it has since inception….. this is no different. If you really cared about Hunting AP then you should have no problem competing for the 6 AP

but this new achievements has a time limit

and we are talking abount 42 AP (you must be ranked 1)

in PvP

Warcry.1596

So did every season 1 release of Living Story, THOSE achievements had A two week time limit.

in PvP

Stivie.4538

What stops you from doing that? You may surprise yourself. Those wanting AP removed seem to just not be able, due to lack of skill at the game, or just don’t want someone else having something they aren’t able to obtain.

???
top 250 = 6 points and 1 of 7 achievements

in PvP

Warcry.1596

But why bother talking about anything beyond the first one if the first one is out of your reach?

Also, see my comment regarding your issue with the time limit.

in PvP

Posted by: Jenne.1836

Jenne.1836

I think we can divide all the people writing here into two groups: The ones who are collecting achievement points and want them to be removed on the Top 250-achievements and those who are not interested in achievement points (and maybe not even in PvP) and say that those points should stay. Of course the amount of people who don’t care about achievements is a lot larger and it seems they are only here to make fun of all the achievements hunters.

in PvP

Warcry.1596

I am not here to make fun of anyone. I just want clarification about why it will be removed, if it does get removed.

Of the arguments I’ve seen: it being timed is a terrible one, because every Season 1 achievement point was timed for two weeks.

The only valid argument is that it’s limited to 250 people. But even then, if you get there, you deserve the points.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Top 250 is not the main problem. That might actually be a doable goal with some try harding. But that will only yield you 6 out of the 42 AP. For the full AP you will need to be rank 1 which can obviously only be achieved by one person per season per megaserver.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in PvP

Warcry.1596

And the person that gets that… Deserves that, do they not? Regardless of if they care about the AP or not.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Top 250 is not the main problem. That might actually be a doable goal with some try harding. But that will only yield you 6 out of the 42 AP. For the full AP you will need to be rank 1 which can obviously only be achieved by one person per season per megaserver.

Again You are complaining about actually meeting the requirements for the Achievements and each Season you will be able to attempt and Achieve them. And there are already AP that no one could ever achieve again i.e. The S1 AP and Monthly AP I don’t see you advocating to get those removed from player accts or reimplementing them since you already have those.

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

none of these are reasons not to give out AP……anet, yes acheivmnt points are pretty good rewards for the ACHEIVMENT of getting high rank in pvp

and this is coming from someone who loves ap and cant get past amber

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It’s almost like people are forgetting what AP stands for.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

It’s almost like people are forgetting what AP stands for.

It is almost like this a 180° U turn because no achievement was ever restricted to a hard capped amount of players or did I miss the existance of achievements such as “Be on the map who manages to beat Scarlet on her breachmaker first”.
No. Anyone who played at the right time had the ability to reach the same potential max AP if they put in the work to get them.
Here we can be around for the whole 2 months and play PvP 8+ hours a day and leave with empty hands.
If Anet goes this far they will need to add “world first” achievements for all kind of PvE content in future.
Leave the pro league players these titles, noone complained about the old “X of the Arena” titles either because they gave no AP but gave a meaningful reward to the PvP players.

in PvP

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Yeah, no reason to not give AP. AP never really where competetive in the first place, a big part of the AP are locked behing past living story achievements, so the rentire AP leaderboard is just an uneven hoax. If they are the best players in a season give them AP, thats just fair.

in PvP

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

It is NOT a bad idea to hand out the same rewards for every activity.

I never said that, you might want to reread what you’ve quoted.

in PvP

Jockum.1385

pvp only Players got roughly 10k ap and now they shouldnt deserve some more?!

Those AP don’t help PVP only players. Most of them won’t reach the top rankings, too. They will get 0 AP.

in PvP

If you care about the AP that much and are competitive to achieve the highest AP possible then why not actually step up and Compete for those few AP? They are there for anyone willing to put the effort into grab and every season they will be there up for grabs.

Of course I’m going to play, i’m going to try. But realistically, I know where things will probably shake out. Won’t stop me from trying my best, and trying to improve. And, even if I got #1, I still wouldn’t like the idea behind capping AP at a # cutoff of people, I don’t think it’s right for the health of the system.

They may bring back LS 1 but they won’t bring back the Monthly AP which was 5k iirc, again there is about disparity and any new player or players that didn’t get to play during those times will never be to catch up so ……

Monthly AP (5k) and Daily AP (10k) were rolled into a total cap of 15k, so you don’t need the previous monthly AP to catch up in that regard.

in PvP

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

(Sigh) …this entire argument is missing the point.

Sunlight dudes doesn’t burn like in the movies.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in PvP

(Sigh) …this entire argument is missing the point.

Sunlight dudes doesn’t burn like in the movies.

“if you enjoy a different part of the same video game as me, you must be a no-lifer.”

in PvP

Jockum.1385

They may bring back LS 1 but they won’t bring back the Monthly AP which was 5k iirc

Monthly APs were merged with dailies. The daily cap was 10.000, the monthly 5.000. Now the combined cap is 15.000. Everyone can get those “former monthly” APs.

Point is: GW2 has no quests. APs are anets bad working workaround for the missing quests. Quests send you back into an old area, give you a motivation to kill a boss or do a task. GW2 had nothing like this. After exploring the map there is no motivation to go back to it – except for farming.
APs fulfil the role of quests. Some achievements are very questlike (see HoT’s achievements: do all events in verdant brink etc.). Some are adding an alternative goals to storyquests (give aurene XY).
Those “quests” are mixed with farming goals “kill XY” “swing a sword again and again”.
Actually this is a bad design. Especially casual players don’t care too much about AP. The AP log is cluttered. Those questlike achievements drown in the flood of all achievements. But those questlike achievements would also be interesting for casual players.

Some achievements are pretty rewarding (asc. equip). But you need to know.
Anet has added several “current events” which are hidden. Without following dulfy it is nearly impossible to know about all current events. That’s content which is probably unknown to a big percentage of the playerbase.
All of this belongs into a questlog.

Other achiements are more like statistics. “you killed YX undeads”. That’s no “achievement”. Dailies are also no achievement.

Actually most achievements wouldn’t qualify as an achievement. Maybe T4 fractals+challange mode, raids, migraine, some jumping puzzles, pvp seasons…anything else is grind. Even PVP wins or WvW achievements: grind.

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

@Jockum.1385: The definition for achievement actually seems to be pretty broad and also subjective based on someone’s own experiences and skills. For new players finishing their first heart or event can definitely feel like an achievement. For experienced players killing their first raid boss will feel like an achievement. The hardcore players will feel like killing all 9 raidbosses without wiping once is an achievement.

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

They may bring back LS 1 but they won’t bring back the Monthly AP which was 5k iirc

Monthly APs were merged with dailies. The daily cap was 10.000, the monthly 5.000. Now the combined cap is 15.000. Everyone can get those “former monthly” APs.

Point is: GW2 has no quests. APs are anets bad working workaround for the missing quests. Quests send you back into an old area, give you a motivation to kill a boss or do a task. GW2 had nothing like this. After exploring the map there is no motivation to go back to it – except for farming.
APs fulfil the role of quests. Some achievements are very questlike (see HoT’s achievements: do all events in verdant brink etc.). Some are adding an alternative goals to storyquests (give aurene XY).
Those “quests” are mixed with farming goals “kill XY” “swing a sword again and again”.
Actually this is a bad design. Especially casual players don’t care too much about AP. The AP log is cluttered. Those questlike achievements drown in the flood of all achievements. But those questlike achievements would also be interesting for casual players.

Some achievements are pretty rewarding (asc. equip). But you need to know.
Anet has added several “current events” which are hidden. Without following dulfy it is nearly impossible to know about all current events. That’s content which is probably unknown to a big percentage of the playerbase.
All of this belongs into a questlog.

Other achiements are more like statistics. “you killed YX undeads”. That’s no “achievement”. Dailies are also no achievement.

Actually most achievements wouldn’t qualify as an achievement. Maybe T4 fractals+challange mode, raids, migraine, some jumping puzzles, pvp seasons…anything else is grind. Even PVP wins or WvW achievements: grind.

See it doesn’t help when the OP makes claims such as these.

I find it funny that the OP wants to remove AP from Achievements/ Titles he feels he and others can’t achieve but says things like this:

Daily AP should be removed from the game. Dailies are the perversion of achievement in GW2.

^
This one would stop anyone from achieving the 15k Daily AP cap that OP has achieved stopping players from reaping the same benefits he did.

and he says they should retire more APs so they are unobtainable as well…

So… either he wants all AP to be obtainable or some should be limited and locked. You can no longer get the Legendary Achievements from previous seasons so players can no longer obtain those yet Op doesn’t care since achieved those.

This just seems very convincingly that he doesn’t want to put the effort in to obtain God of PVP to achieve all of the AP from the Season 5..

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I think they deserve achievement points if they can accomplish any leaderboard ranking

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Daily AP should be removed from the game. Dailies are the perversion of achievement in GW2.

^
This one would stop anyone from achieving the 15k Daily AP cap that OP has achieved stopping players from reaping the same benefits he did.

and he says they should retire more APs so they are unobtainable as well…

So… either he wants all AP to be obtainable or some should be limited and locked. You can no longer get the Legendary Achievements from previous seasons so players can no longer obtain those yet Op doesn’t care since achieved those.

This just seems very convincingly that he doesn’t want to put the effort in to obtain God of PVP to achieve all of the AP from the Season 5..

Stop pulling quotes out of context. I also said that existing daily AP should be deleted, so I would loose 15k AP out of it and double all permanent AP to make up for the losses.

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Dear Anet this is just getting ridiculous….

there should be a serious revamp for AP in general…

no one should be locked out from any rewards which AP give… why should only PvE players get permanent bonuses? why can’t WvW and sPvP players get some too?

Why should only PvE players be at the top of a leaderboard, why not serious try hard WvW / PvP only people for earning the hardest titles. Could make 1000+ AP Points for WTS Participation and Placement so these Players get something to be acknoledged for as well. Imo the person who gets God of PvP should get ALOT more rewards / AP for actually achieving it. Ofcourse PvP Players don’t care too much for AP because they don’t really benefit from them. I’m sure if there would be section specific permanent buffs (instead of gold karma , maybe wvw rank points / spvp rank pts, reward track increase) this would be a better way.

I really don’t think AP should be only a grind so u have to play parts of the game u dont want.. but also totally removing AP from a section is also the totally wrong way.

Because everytime something has a lot of effot people will keep complaing about how impossible it is to get… so just add so much more that it actuallt is impossible to farm everything and people can focus of what they enjoy and earn their AP for whatever reason that way.

sincerly a pve & wvw player.

Reaper – Anguîsh

(edited by Shakki.3219)

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

My suggestion would be to remove the Achievement Point Leaderboard as they breed this sort of insanity.

These league achis deserve points. As does every achievement in-game, limited/time sensitive or not.

Each Legendary division title had AP. Profession winner in the Year of the Ascension had AP. Maybe that AP should be removed too for reasons not unlike the OP. Not everyone plays every profession or got a chance to get to legendary. /sarcasm
Let’s get some consistency Malediktus.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in PvP

Jockum.1385

Why should only PvE players be at the top of a leaderboard, why not serious try hard WvW / PvP only people for earning the hardest titles.

You can’t be at the top at the leaderboard without PVP and WvW. You need all aspects of the game.

Could make 1000+ AP Points for WTS Participation and Placement so these Players get something to be acknoledged for as well.

It wouldn’t help. If top players should be also top AP players Anet would have to remove all PVE achievements/dailies. With each LS episode or event anet adds new achievements. These achievements play an important role for the game (see my comment about quests). Removing them would force Anet to implement a proper questlog and probably quest npcs, rewards, dialogues etc. Otherwise people would be done with a new LS episode after ~ 1-2 hours.
Even handing out huge amounts of AP won’t help. Lord Helseth is at 7k AP? Also only top players would get those rewards. But a PVP player at rank 500 would still get no rewards at all.
Why only PVP and WvW? Speedrun guilds, dungeon/fractal solos or first kills in raids?

I really don’t think AP should be only a grind so u have to play parts of the game u dont want.. but also totally removing AP from a section is also the totally wrong way.

APs are the questlog of GW2 and target completionist. They are not meant for competitive players. You are asking for a complete rework of APs. It would be easier to implement other meaningful rewards. And it would make more sense.
Starting from symbols next to the name indicating a rank(pvp exclusive reward currently, PVE players cant get it) to exclusive auras, skins, titels.
A single win (best player) in a PVP season is imho more worth than all dailies. Should it reward more than 15k AP then?
I’m suggesting a permanent tag to the name, similar as season divisions. For repeated wins in following seasons add a number in it. Would have way more prestige than some APs.

(edited by Jockum.1385)

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Why should only PvE players be at the top of a leaderboard, why not serious try hard WvW / PvP only people for earning the hardest titles.

You can’t be at the top at the leaderboard without PVP and WvW. You need all aspects of the game.

Exactly but they play it because they have to, with another way they could stick to whatever they like the most.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Each Legendary division title had AP. Profession winner in the Year of the Ascension had AP. Maybe that AP should be removed too for reasons not unlike the OP. Not everyone plays every profession or got a chance to get to legendary. /sarcasm

I posted perfectly valid reason in my original post. Yes, all the 4 seasons had an unique title for legendary which also gave AP. But there was no hardcap on the amount of people being allowed to reach it. If you played enough matches you were almost guaranteed to get them.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I posted perfectly valid reason in my original post. Yes, all the 4 seasons had an unique title for legendary which also gave AP. But there was no hardcap on the amount of people being allowed to reach it. If you played enough matches you were almost guaranteed to get them.

Which already was a flaw within itself because you should have never been able to reach the top skill tier just by playing enaugh games. That is far from being a valid reason.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

That’s not true there is a certain player that probably played more than 2x the amount of matches as you and never got to Diamond…. flawed logic

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

That’s not true there is a certain player that probably played more than 2x the amount of matches as you and never got to Diamond…. flawed logic

It took me about 500 matches last season, so please post me your example of someone who played 1000 games for diamond. And even if you were that bad or unlucky you still had the option to pay people to carry you or cheese stronghold.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I strongly disagree with the OP. Achievement points should be award for mastering different aspects of the game. PvP is one aspect of the game and should have ALOT more achievement points awarded for all kinds of different PvP achievements.

In the same way you can get boat loads of AP from repeating dungeons multiple times, completing challenging jump puzzles, or fractals. One should you be able to get AP for PvP. AP is not an exclusive PvE mechanic.

As far as only one person getting AP for reaching first place out of all the PvP players in the world? Well, I think they should be awarded 100 AP for that. And the award should be there every season.

There is absolutely no valid reason to not award such a massive achievement with achievement points. Unless, of course, we agree that achievement points are not about achieving things… which I don’t.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

If there are any players that make the top 250 and actually want those AP, who are you to tell them they don’t deserve them and why?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

My suggestion would be to remove the Achievement Point Leaderboard as they breed this sort of insanity.

These league achis deserve points. As does every achievement in-game, limited/time sensitive or not.

+1 for removing the leaderboards. The only people who even care about it are the people at the top, no one else cares because they can’t make it up there anymore due to having missed historical AP. Not to mention they do create this sort of toxic mentality that we see here

in PvP

Posted by: shintaotwo.1609

shintaotwo.1609

I think we can divide all the people writing here into two groups: The ones who are collecting achievement points and want them to be removed on the Top 250-achievements and those who are not interested in achievement points (and maybe not even in PvP) and say that those points should stay. Of course the amount of people who don’t care about achievements is a lot larger and it seems they are only here to make fun of all the achievements hunters.

Top 50 AP hunter here, yes I like experiencing all kind of the games content and now the shocking part: I am perfectly fine with AP being achieveable for dedicated players in any content.
PvPers don’t get many of the AP skins so far if they only play PvP, I don’t see any problem with giving out AP which favor those players for a change.
I won’t have any problem sleeping knowing that there are 42 AP out here I will most likely never see.
Instead I will just continue to enjoy playing this game, some other people here should probably try it too, it’s fun.