Why AP for the top 250 titles is not cool

in PvP

Posted by: AlexPort.9204

AlexPort.9204

that doesnt mean that everyone was capable to achieve it in the last seasons. when you cant reach that level, you simply cant. same as this season. you want the AP? try to improve yourself in pvp and get into the top 250. that is also achievable for EVERYONE. simple is that.

You missed the part where only the top player would be able to get the top 6 AP, so that’s not achievable by everyone, but just by ONE person and no amount of get good can help with it. AP for ONE person is wrong

and you dont get, that it is not set in stone who will be the #1 in the end. look at the actual board. i bet helseth thinks he deserves to be #1 because he’s the “god of pvp”. but know what? he’s not atm.

and btw: its not ONE player, it’s TWO in the end. one for EU. one for NA.

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Why? Achievement… Something to be achieved. This person achieved the #1 spot on the ladder. There SHOULD be things worth achievement points that not everyone can obtain.

Yes, achievements for something not everyone can obtain are good. Achievements that limit how many will get them by adding number limits are not. They could say anyone with a rating of 2000 will get the top title, anyone with a rating of 1900 will get the second title, 1800 rating the third and so on (arbitary numbers). That way everyone has access to the achievement and they can all potentially get them if they get good enough. Limiting the achievement to one player “just because” isn’t a good way to go.

And I repeat: getting to Legendary division last season gave AP and a title. Not everyone was able to reach Legendary but it was fine. There was no thing like “only 250 people are allowed in Legendary division”

That’s exactly what I’m referring to.

Achievements that ARE limited to a certain number ARE good. “I was one of the few that achieved this goal” achievement points SHOW achievement.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Let’s make a compromise: a legendary for the first 10 and an account bound precursor of choice for the top 100? Is that better than a few kitten AP’s? Everyone can get legendaries.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

and you dont get, that it is not set in stone who will be the #1 in the end

Yes but in the end it will be only one who gets it (two if you include NA/EU). There is no set barrier for getting it, like all the other achievements in the game. Crossing to Legendary division, killing a raid boss, capturing towers or eating enough candy all have set requirements that any number of people can fulfill if they try or get good enough. Will everyone do them? No of course not, but everyone has a chance of getting it, that is not limited by what others will do.

There is a difference between making an achievement hard to get, but with set requirements, and making an achievement limited to a handful of people.

That’s exactly what I’m referring to.
Achievements that ARE limited to a certain number ARE good. “I was one of the few that achieved this goal” achievement points SHOW achievement.

Achievements limited to a certain number of players by design aren’t good. Achievements that are limited to a certain number because only they can be good enough to get them are good, there is a difference between the two. As I said, if they made it so you got the achievements based on your rating (even a very high rating) and not your position, there wouldn’t be an issue.

(edited by maddoctor.2738)

in PvP

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

So lucky I don’t get to decide on things like this. I would have made the titles worth 10k+ AP just to really rub it in the faces of the AP hunters.

Point is: AP is the only working reward systems ingame. People are repeating stupid stuff ingame (kill the boss without getting frozen for example) for AP. Most of the time there is no other meaningful reward. Killing the AP system would kill all those “repeat XY”. Why should anyone kill all bosses in emberbay?
Why should anyone bother to do the JP in emberbay?
You got not much to do ingame, except farming AP.
Many people – and not only top AP player – do this stuff for AP. Some people even asked for a removal of the daily cap because of this reason.

Killing this reward system (by handing out hundredthousands of AP) would kill a lot of replay value of GW2s content. Anet would probably have to release a new map every two weeks to compensate for your suggestion.

in PvP

Jockum.1385

Let’s make a compromise: a legendary for the first 10 and an account bound precursor of choice for the top 100? Is that better than a few kitten AP’s?

I think it is.
It is a more meaningful reward for most/all top players than some AP.
It doesn’t mess up the current AP system which should be a “to do list” (kill XY undeads, plants; swing your sword 10.000 times, eat 10000 candycorn or whatever).

in PvP

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Can the achievement points then be changed to “progression/task points” or some other type of points, because honestly, if you are not going to give achievement points to people who achieve something grand while you give out achievement points for doing things for the least possible effort (like donating copper/silver/gold to ho-ho tron), they are really not a display of actual achievements but rather of tasks that you did in game.

(edited by Spira.4578)

in PvP

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

while pvp’ers maybe do not care about ap itself, they maybe want some skin one day.
so it would be a good thing to reward larger amounts as achievement.
the rest of the people is playing pve anyway and getting them there.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

If it really meant that much to you, you should just get good and earn the title.

There is one thing to make an achievement hard to get but this isn’t the case. The 6 AP for the top title will go to ONE person. If only ONE person out of the entire population will get that 6 AP no amount of “get good” can help anyone else.

Getting to Legendary division in previous seasons also had an achievement and a title, but I didn’t see anyone complaining because it was obtainable. These AP are not obtainable and it’s a good thing they were removed.

Wrong. you want it that badly, be that ONE person and get it. What’s wrong with this generation that everyone feels like they’re entitled to everything? Theres more than enough things already that everyone can get. there should be more things in the game that only one person can get. Whether you want to accept the fact or not, there are simply some people that are better than others, regardless of what mommy told you, we aren’t all equal. Better people should get things others don’t. the lessers should just accept that and stop crying for everything to be available to everyone. you know what its called when everyone gets everything even when they don’t deserve it? communism. Are you a communist?

in PvP

Jockum.1385

You are 4 years late to ask for a rename of AP. It’s also a common expression which is used by several other games, too. For example skyrim “achievements”: “reach level 5”.
A singleplayer can’t, per definition, have a “be among the top players” achiement. So all singleplayer achievements would be “no real” achievements and should be renamed.
Still several games call them “steam achievements”.

while pvp’ers maybe do not care about ap itself, they maybe want some skin one day.

Imho there should be more AP for playing PVP. The average PVP player is probably not a top 250 player and would not profit from those achievements.
But he can get his 200 class wins. Or do those pvp-map-achievements. Maybe its a good idea to increase the amount of those achievements.
WvW has the same issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

The decision is absolutely ridiculous and shameful. You caved in to the most entitled demand I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for validating why achievements are irrelevant and just some participation trophies now. How warped is the logic of it being a good idea? It completely devalues what these top AP hunters are even in for with their “leaderboard race” by removing actual competition! I just can’t understand for a second this downright stupid and weak display from Anet.

If a pvper achieves #1 rank, they kitten deserve those measly 6points over whoever else in the AP hunting “competition” (what a joke, truly). It’s that simple.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in PvP

Spira.4578

You are 4 years late to ask for a rename of AP. It’s also a common expression which is used by several other games, too. For example skyrim “achievements”: “reach level 5”.
A singleplayer can’t, per definition, have a “be among the top players” achiement. So all singleplayer achievements would be “no real” achievements and should be renamed.
Still several games call them “steam achievements”.

Imho there should be more AP for playing PVP. The average PVP player is probably not a top 250 player and would not profit from those achievements.
But he can get his 200 class wins. Or do those pvp-map-achievements. Maybe its a good idea to increase the amount of those achievements.
WvW has the same issue.

You can change the name of the points whenever you want. And if Anet wants to use this name, then they should let this kind of achievements in.
The issue is not having easy achievements. The issue here is that anet decided to remove the achievements from something that’s actually an achievement if you manage to get it.

in PvP

Posted by: IRBawesome.2851

IRBawesome.2851

As a casual player that regularly takes breaks for the game I would like to request that achievement points be removed from everything in the game. I may choose to not partake in these activities but it is disgusting that this excludes me from being #1 achievement hunter EU

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

What’s wrong with this generation that everyone feels like they’re entitled to everything? Theres more than enough things already that everyone can get. there should be more things in the game that only one person can get.

I didn’t get to Legendary last season so I didn’t get the AP from that. I’m fine with it. I’m fine with having difficulty barriers to get achievements. I’m fine with achievements being difficulty to get and exclude a lot of players. But having limited slots for achievements goes against all the other achievements in the game, that’s not a good barrier.

Whether you want to accept the fact or not, there are simply some people that are better than others

And the one who is first on the leaderboards isn’t necessarily the best. Did he play against the 2nd to prove that he is better? The leaderboard shows a matter of skill when you take whole brackets (divisions), but individually the one at the top might be worse than the 2nd player, or the 3rd player. Not to mention the lovely decay that will drop your rating if you miss a day during the last week of the season. Or how someone might not play PVP at all and start during the last week and climb to the top.
Or the difference in rating levels between NA and EU, why is the top NA player getting the top achievement, when the nth EU player has a better rating?

If it’s a cup system, like the PVP tournaments were teams fight fixed games, then yes it shows who is the best. But this ladder on which everyone is playing a different amount of games, with random team-mates, shows very little about skill when you compare two players individually. A division could be used for the achievements just like the previous seasons (and without Stronghold farming and the pip madness it will be more accurate)

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Top guy still gets the title “God of PvP”, no achievement points but for me I’d rather take that title over a few points. So yes he is still getting something no one else can get. Achievement points so far every single achievement point can be achieved by ANYONE if they played consistantly.

This PvP season is different as as this is a hard lock out to everyone except the 250 players in the game. This goes against the philosophy. The fact it took so many to respond to the few, yes the very few but ludicrously loud individuals constantly complaining is insanity. Know what forget what I said, continue to PvF and troll w/e you’re doing.

in PvP

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

If it really meant that much to you, you should just get good and earn the title.

There is one thing to make an achievement hard to get but this isn’t the case. The 6 AP for the top title will go to ONE person. If only ONE person out of the entire population will get that 6 AP no amount of “get good” can help anyone else.

Getting to Legendary division in previous seasons also had an achievement and a title, but I didn’t see anyone complaining because it was obtainable. These AP are not obtainable and it’s a good thing they were removed.

Wrong. you want it that badly, be that ONE person and get it. What’s wrong with this generation that everyone feels like they’re entitled to everything? Theres more than enough things already that everyone can get. there should be more things in the game that only one person can get. Whether you want to accept the fact or not, there are simply some people that are better than others, regardless of what mommy told you, we aren’t all equal. Better people should get things others don’t. the lessers should just accept that and stop crying for everything to be available to everyone. you know what its called when everyone gets everything even when they don’t deserve it? communism. Are you a communist?

you should see a therapist. you may be a sociopath.

This is a game…. just a small reminder

in PvP

Spira.4578

It’s actually the other way around.
The whiny OP doesn’t mind (and would probably complain even more) having the AP from the old events which newer players are locked away from. At the same time, he wants the achievements that he can’t get, get removed.
It is just a game, so why did the op even start complaining about the unobtainable-to-him virtual achievement points?
Just because it’s a game, it doesn’t mean everything will and should be given to you for close to no effort. If you want those AP you should do something about it and try to earn them. And if you would, you would actually feel good about getting them.

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

The whiny OP doesn’t mind (and would probably complain even more) having the AP from the old events which newer players are locked away from. At the same time, he wants the achievements that he can’t get, get removed.
It is just a game, so why did the op even start complaining about the unobtainable-to-him virtual achievement points?
Just because it’s a game, it doesn’t mean everything will and should be given to you for close to no effort. If you want those AP you should do something about it and try to earn them. And if you would, you would actually feel good about getting them.

To be fair, this is not about OP being “whiny” or not. It doesn’t matter if his/her reasons are biased or not. What matters is consistency and coherence with the game.

While it’s true LS1 achievements for example are locked up from newer players to the game (and that is something they totally should fix as soon as they are able to), it is no excuse to start and lock AP behind “exclusive” or “unique” moments. For me, this change goes in the same line of why they are adding permanently the achievements on the PvP BETA maps and, moreover, to the rest of the maps. Simply because they don’t want to lock AP behind content that will never be obtainable again.

It isn’t either like some AP will make a huge difference, but it is important to keep being consistent with the game systems. It’d be certainly unreasonable if they want to now give exclusive AP based on “skill” of some kind when the AP system has always been like a grind, if you want to conceive it that way.

PS.: I am not defending that the AP system is perfect or something along those lines. I am just saying this change is reasonable no matter what the reasons from OP where when making the post.

in PvP

Jockum.1385

The issue here is that anet decided to remove the achievements from something that’s actually an achievement if you manage to get it.

So you are here to complain about a wording which is common among probably hundreds of games? Seriously?

in PvP

Spira.4578

The issue here is that anet decided to remove the achievements from something that’s actually an achievement if you manage to get it.

So you are here to complain about a wording which is common among probably hundreds of games? Seriously?

All this games have easy and hard 1-shot achievements. It’s not just a wording. At some point anet decided that AP =Quest/Task points. And removing the AP from something that is literally an achievement if you manage to get it, confirms that in this game achievements are merely a wrong word for quests.

in PvP

Spira.4578

To be fair, this is not about OP being “whiny” or not. It doesn’t matter if his/her reasons are biased or not. What matters is consistency and coherence with the game.

While it’s true LS1 achievements for example are locked up from newer players to the game (and that is something they totally should fix as soon as they are able to), it is no excuse to start and lock AP behind “exclusive” or “unique” moments. For me, this change goes in the same line of why they are adding permanently the achievements on the PvP BETA maps and, moreover, to the rest of the maps. Simply because they don’t want to lock AP behind content that will never be obtainable again.

It isn’t either like some AP will make a huge difference, but it is important to keep being consistent with the game systems. It’d be certainly unreasonable if they want to now give exclusive AP based on “skill” of some kind when the AP system has always been like a grind, if you want to conceive it that way.

PS.: I am not defending that the AP system is perfect or something along those lines. I am just saying this change is reasonable no matter what the reasons from OP where when making the post.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m just pointing it out that the OP is a whiny hypocrite and that ANET should do both (either allowing all players to get the old achievements or remove those achievements all together) to make it fair for everyone, since they are trying to do this in this case.

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Anet made the right decision here, there will always be players that will not agree. Cannot make everyone happy.

in PvP

Jockum.1385

It’s not just a wording. At some point anet decided that AP =Quest/Task points.

It is just wording. You even say so in the next sentence. You are the whole time complaining about Anet calling it “achievement” instead of “quest points”. Rename AP to quest points and your issue is fixed.
You are also ignoring the fact that its a common wording. In several games you can’t miss an achievement. You might have to start a new character or whatever, but achievements as “be the first person in the world to finish skyrims story”?

About removal of old achievements: see page 2-3 or so: Its problematic to remove old achievements. People spent effort in it, it’s difficult to remove the rewards afterwards. Anet is also not going to remove gold/loot obtained by tarir multiloot farming when they fix it.
Removing the old AP without compensation is problematic.

But: I’d like to see a (permanent) return of the old achievements. I don’t like temporary achievements.

in PvP

Posted by: Margorion.4962

Margorion.4962

[…] you know what its called when everyone gets everything even when they don’t deserve it? communism. Are you a communist?

reading this while listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YlbiyiuMc
Thanks for the good laugh

Now, join the Charr revolution and remove the fascists humans from our homelands!

(sorry for offtopic)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Hello? You dont get “nothing” for being top 250. You get an awesome title.

First complaining about others whining, then you do it yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

I’m sorry but I fully disagree with removing the AP from these titles.

I’m in top 25 for the AP leaderboard aswell.

It sets a bad precedent for people complaining about these kind of issues in the future.

You cannot get everything in this game and that’s whats nice about it but some people feel entitled that they should for some reason.

Yeah I fully understand it’s for 250 people only. but if you are going to go that route then re-release all the non-permanent AP from living stories and other events/festivities that people cannot get anymore. That is just plain hypocrite because they would complain about that too. (I haven’t missed a single one since game release so I’m not biased)

On the contrary, there should be more AP like this that only few/certain people can get to make some diversity and competition in the rankings because as it is right now it’s more about playing since launch and not missing anything so other people will never be able to compete with the top players.

In the end, a decision has already been made and I respect it but I still wanted to share my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It’s probably for the best that they decided to remove the AP. I will never understand why it matters so much to AP hunters that there are a few AP they can’t get, but I guess it is a pretty big deal. And I know for us PvP players, we will forget about this whole ordeal in due time, but AP hunters would of taken this issue to the grave. So Anet made the safest decision, can’t knock them for that.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

After an internal review, we’ve decided that awarding points for achievements that are this exclusive goes against the intent and spirit of our achievement system. We’ll be removing the points on these in a future release.

I am incredibly disappointed with that. You’ve basically told players that getting into the top 250 is not an achievement worthy of any points. I’m saddened it seems you wont be removing the points from previous Legendary titles to align with this new decision.

The Achievement system should be to display what people achieve in game, I’d say top 250 is a great one.

Being able to flaunt an exclusive title is a reward in and of itself. No amount of points awarded would be a fair amount.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As an AP hunter myself (but one who fully realizes that he will never place in the top 250), I’ve made my peace with not being able to unlock these achievements. (I already missed a bunch of AP from previous PvP seasons as I never managed to make it to Legendary.) It would be nice if these achievements just awarded titles with no AP, but at the end of the day it’s not a big deal to me.

The only reason I’m even farming AP is because I like collecting skins, and I want to have the full Radiant/Hellfire sets one day, including the backpacks.

in PvP

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

I don’t mind the titles coming with some AP. It’s a one time thing which means next season someone else might have a chance to get it. My problem is why start the pvp season with winter’s day stuff. I want to pvp but I’m also still trying to farm those bloody drinks for the winter’s presence shoulder.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I don’t mind the titles coming with some AP. It’s a one time thing which means next season someone else might have a chance to get it. My problem is why start the pvp season with winter’s day stuff. I want to pvp but I’m also still trying to farm those bloody drinks for the winter’s presence shoulder.

Three words Wintersday Reward track

in PvP

Posted by: Streaks.5076

Streaks.5076

Sounds like just a cry baby who sucks at pvp.

Noob – Revanent

Looking for a good guild for PoF

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Seems quite mean-spirited to deny those players access to a small amount of achievement points. But I suppose it’s good to hear Anet’s stance on how they want their achievement system to work. Although I think it makes it a rather stagnant system if there’s not even a small element of competitiveness to growing one’s AP total.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

First off: I am not expecting much sympathy for this issue, but I will voice my opinion anyway.

So this patch introduced exclusive titles for the top 250 pvp players of the season. Normally this would be fine, but they also give 6 AP each. I would propose removing the AP from these titles.

Rank 1: God of PvP.
Rank 2: Legendary Demigod.
Rank 3: Immortal Legend.
Rank 4 – 10: Unyielding Legend.
Rank 11 – 25: Relentless Legend.
Rank 26 – 100: Ruthless Legend.
Rank 101 – 250: Merciless Legend.

total: 42 AP

Reasons:
1) Only a limited amount of players can get them, most of them will go to people who do not even care about the AP part.
2) Even if someone tries hard the whole season, they are excluded from any titles because of the harsh MMR decay of 100 per day. If you for some reason cannot play in the last week of the season all your efforts are for nothing.
3) EU will have a harder time to earn these since NA has a lower playerbase and lower skilled players compared to EU.

3) EU will have a harder time to earn these since NA has a lower playerbase and lower skilled players compared to EU.

LOL this made my day

seriously i dont even understand people that thinks PVP require skills to play. All u need to do is cap and decap and maybe some teamwork. I’ve seen plenty of actual pvp tourney team gets rekt by some youtubers or random player when it comes down to 1v1

even wvw require more skills to play than pvp such as solo roam or group roam.

you realize there are more noobs in EU than NA right

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I see the “Everybody gets a trophy” generation is still alive and well. Be sure to eat your vegitables; wouldn’t want you to get diabetes from never having achieved exercise.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Revilrad.1962

Revilrad.1962

The AP hunters seem to be those “everyone gets a participation trophy” type of people from the looks of it. Rewarding everyone just for trying. Perhaps they need to look up the definition of achievement. There should be some exclusive things that not everyone could get, you should be rewarded for being the best. If you want it badly enough, you’ll try to be the best. I’m disappointed Anet. Stop carebearing so much. Since you want everything to be obtainable by everyone, how about we make legendary armor purchacable for wvw badges and pvp currency? How do ya feel about that? Its only fair right?

I actually made a thread about that.
If I complain about AP being exclusive , I dont stop just there. I complain about “not achievable” exclusivity all the time. Things shouldn’t stay permanent exlusive. You got it as one of the first? Others will follow you in 1 year and you will be then already have another hard to get achievement which was introduced in the meantime.

It should be more a race where you run after the top ones and not some marathons where the first second and third place is alredy decided before it even got started.

in PvP

Posted by: Revilrad.1962

Revilrad.1962

It sets a bad precedent for people complaining about these kind of issues in the future.

You cannot get everything in this game and that’s whats nice about it but some people feel entitled that they should for some reason.

Yeah I fully understand it’s for 250 people only. but if you are going to go that route then re-release all the non-permanent AP from living stories and other events/festivities that people cannot get anymore. That is just plain hypocrite because they would complain about that too. (I haven’t missed a single one since game release so I’m not biased)

On the contrary, there should be more AP like this that only few/certain people can get to make some diversity and competition in the rankings because as it is right now it’s more about playing since launch and not missing anything so other people will never be able to compete with the top players.

In the end, a decision has already been made and I respect it but I still wanted to share my opinion.

“It sets a bad precedent for people complaining about these kind of issues in the future.”
It only shows anet has decided what AP system should look like and set it in stone. That is something good and not bad.

“But if you are going to go that route then re-release all the non-permanent AP from living stories and other events/festivities that people cannot get anymore.”
Yeah they should. And they should stop introducing more mess to it. That is what they did now.

“On the contrary, there should be more AP like this that only few/certain people can get to make some diversity and competition in the rankings because as it is right now it’s more about playing since launch and not missing anything so other people will never be able to compete with the top players.”
With other people you mean new players? How should they even compete with top 250 players? That sounds more like you found out a way to get higher in the AP ratings but whining becasue someone took it from you. Definitely not like you care about “other people”

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

“It sets a bad precedent for people complaining about these kind of issues in the future.”
It only shows anet has decided what AP system should look like and set it in stone. That is something good and not bad.

“But if you are going to go that route then re-release all the non-permanent AP from living stories and other events/festivities that people cannot get anymore.”
Yeah they should. And they should stop introducing more mess to it. That is what they did now.

“On the contrary, there should be more AP like this that only few/certain people can get to make some diversity and competition in the rankings because as it is right now it’s more about playing since launch and not missing anything so other people will never be able to compete with the top players.”
With other people you mean new players? How should they even compete with top 250 players? That sounds more like you found out a way to get higher in the AP ratings but whining becasue someone took it from you. Definitely not like you care about “other people”

How should they compete when there are already a lot of AP. O longer achieves le? They will never be able to compete on the leaderboard unless one of those players stops play so…

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

remove everything what 99% of players cant have

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

After the two flaming bois got what they wanted they don’t even write anymore. Sad that anet gave in. Really sad.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in PvP

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

What in the name of the Six happened to my 250 Ascended Shards of Glory the second time I finished the Byzantium chest???

So I can’t complete my armor set? Are you kidding me?? It said “repeatable”, which is why I picked trinkets first (which btw are bugged, too, as the ring can’t be attuned!) before starting with the armor set. Couldn’t you have made this clear? (Also, no five transmutation charges.)

How typical, nothing in this game is self-explanatory, everything needs to be discovered by yourself and then you run into plenty of unpleasant surprised. GG, ArenaNet, GG.

P.S. I am done with League PvP. I didn’t even receive any more PvP League Tickets! Seriously?? Now I can’t even complete my Ascended Backpiece! Wow. Had I know earlier, I wouldn’t have gotten the trinkets in the first place, nor wasted the tickets on miniatures. What a (bad) joke.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

After the two flaming bois got what they wanted they don’t even write anymore. Sad that anet gave in. Really sad.

Anet decided, so what is there to write about anymore?
And I am thankful about their wise decision, especially after all the leaderboard weaknesses and match manipulation got exposed.

Although I would like it even better if the titles would not be exclusive to specific ranks, but based on reaching specific MMR values. The leaderboard should be for bragging only just like the AP leaderboards, I am not getting exclusive titles for being ranked top x there, either.

Example:
God of PvP:
Reach 2200 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Legendary Demigod:
Reach 2150 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Immortal Legend:
Reach 2100 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Unyielding Legend:
Reach 2000 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Reach 1950 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Ruthless Legend:
Reach 1900 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Merciless Legend:
Reach 1800 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.

The actual values could be changed of course, I based the suggestion on the current EU leaderboards. (disclaimer: my own MMR is only in silver 3 after 247 matches played)

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Anet decided, so what is there to write about anymore?
And I am thankful about their wise decision, especially after all the leaderboard weaknesses and match manipulation got exposed.

Although I would like it even better if the titles would not be exclusive to specific ranks, but based on reaching specific MMR values. The leaderboard should be for bragging only just like the AP leaderboards, I am not getting exclusive titles for being ranked top x there, either.

Example:
God of PvP:
Reach 2200 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Legendary Demigod:
Reach 2150 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Immortal Legend:
Reach 2100 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Unyielding Legend:
Reach 2000 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Reach 1950 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Ruthless Legend:
Reach 1900 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.
Merciless Legend:
Reach 1800 MMR after playing a minimum of 250 matches during a single season.

The actual values could be changed of course, I based the suggestion on the current EU leaderboards. (disclaimer: my own MMR is only in silver 3 after 247 matches played)

You just want to remove all the competitiveness out of the game don’t you? Wow it’s fine how they have it now, it allows people their bragging rights, there is nothing besides a title, and if you can’t compete to get it then those players don’t deserve it, period.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Where did I imply that I would be able to earn those MMR thresholds? After all I am silver 3 currently.
But I think those MMR thresholds would make it more fair and less frustrating since moving goalposts are frustrating. Since the leaderboard currently seems to take decimal MMR into account (making it close to impossible to be tied with someone), imagine how frustrating it would be if you would miss the one of the titles by a fraction of a MMR point or drop out of top 3 or 10 because you got unlucky too often with afkers / people who get paid to throw.
It would also remove the problem of having a hard capped amount of people who are allowed to earn these titles, which would allow for adding the AP back to them.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Where did I imply that I would be able to earn those MMR thresholds? After all I am silver 3 currently.
But I think those MMR thresholds would make it more fair and less frustrating since moving goalposts are frustrating. Since the leaderboard currently seems to take decimal MMR into account (making it close to impossible to be tied with someone), imagine how frustrating it would be if you would miss the one of the titles by a fraction of a MMR point or drop out of top 3 or 10 because you got unlucky too often with afkers / people who get paid to throw.

So? Why should people be tied if they don’t have the exact same rating? Anyone can get the titles, everybodies has the same chances to attempt for them in game, why should they make a competitive system less competitive? People complained about material rewards being locked behind divisions and said competitive players should only be rewarded with titles, guess what that’s what they did, they have the competitive players titles that have value because you have to compete to get them, more so for the more prestigious ones.

So again why should they cater to your ideas that removes value from these competitive rewards?

in PvP

Posted by: Nerifes.4931

Nerifes.4931

The reason why the system is kittened is because you lose between 20-30 rating for a loss but only gain 11-12 rating back for a single win.

That’s not fair.

It should be you regain the rating you lost back from the prior match.

[TV] Jade Quarry

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

The reason why the system is kittened is because you lose between 20-30 rating for a loss but only gain 11-12 rating back for a single win.

That’s not fair.

It should be you regain the rating you lost back from the prior match.

The amount you win or lose is solely based on the ratings of each team.. what you would want would essentially be a w/l ratio which is complete crap to show rankings.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

So? Why should people be tied if they don’t have the exact same rating? Anyone can get the titles, everybodies has the same chances to attempt for them in game, why should they make a competitive system less competitive? People complained about material rewards being locked behind divisions and said competitive players should only be rewarded with titles, guess what that’s what they did, they have the competitive players titles that have value because you have to compete to get them, more so for the more prestigious ones.

So again why should they cater to your ideas that removes value from these competitive rewards?

It is simple.
At 2000+ MMR even 10 MMR points difference is just 0.5% difference, let alone a decimal MMR. Do you want to tell me the MMR algorith is so great that it can determine the skill of someone with more than 99.5% accuracy in just a few hundred games or less? I am very doubtful considering this is a team game and you are only 20% of the team.
I think it is save to say that a difference of 0.5% or less MMR points can be blamed to matchmaking luck even after lets say 300 matches.
So it is impossible to say that anyone is more deserving of being rank 1 (or insert any other title threshold) than someone else with really close MMR.
No algorithm will ever nail the skill of someone in a team game like this to the exact value. It is not a 100m race where you can say someone run the track in 9.8s and the next person needed 9.85s where you have a clear winner.
The GW2-MMR algorithm is only good to sort people into rough skill groups in an effort to make good matchups, but it will never be good to find the most skilled people with absolute accuracy.

in PvP

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Can we start helping the players with AP addiction rather than pretending it doesn’t exist?

I means this is just unreasonable for some1 to ask this and for the devs to even consider it.

This game has tons of gametypes…and people play some more than others and some exclusively. It makes sense to put sources of AP into all these modes.

PvE AP isn’t accessible to some1 who only plays spvp or pvp or wvsw…… so the current system rewards their good playing with a way to obtain it. yet some1 from PvE is saying “nooooooooo, you can’t have any of my AP, I need access to allllll the AP!”
I mean that right there isn’t fair for the spvp players.

We turn a blind eye and don’t care cause giving PVE’s AP is a way to keep them happy…..and its very little work and really just lipservice. Pve’ers obviously need more ways to get AP now…….time to introduce more achievments again?

Asking for more AP is one thing. Asking to take AP away from other gamemodes is selfish as can be. I understanding that you are addicted to AP and all, but you are being selfish you must start admittig you have a problem.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

It is simple.
At 2000+ MMR even 10 MMR points difference is just 0.5% difference, let alone a decimal MMR. Do you want to tell me the MMR algorith is so great that it can determine the skill of someone with more than 99.5% accuracy in just a few hundred games or less? I am very doubtful considering this is a team game and you are only 20% of the team.
I think it is save to say that a difference of 0.5% or less MMR points can be blamed to matchmaking luck even after lets say 300 matches.
So it is impossible to say that anyone is more deserving of being rank 1 (or insert any other title threshold) than someone else with really close MMR.
No algorithm will ever nail the skill of someone in a team game like this to the exact value. It is not a 100m race where you can say someone run the track in 9.8s and the next person needed 9.85s where you have a clear winner.

Again if they don’t meet the requirements they don’t deserve the title what don’t you understand about this being in a competitive game mode for a competitive title.