Why Devs decided to make Warrior so bad?

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Just simple question can we get an answer please.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

I don’t think they decided to make them bad, they just naturally fell behind since they balanced everything else around them.

in PvP

Warlord.9074

I don’t think they decided to make them bad, they just naturally fell behind since they balanced everything else around them.

Doesn’t seem balanced that can’t be true.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Why? Well ofcourse it wasnt intended. I work as photographer, and sometimes when i make a serie of pictures they are not all as perfect, and one is better then the other. It isnt different in gamedevelopment, especially when you consider different teams working on different " pictures". Besides once you down the road and put in many hours of development/money you cant go back. Maybe a developer wants to, but management wont let you.

so warrior is just not the best designed, it happens, people tend to make mistakes and warrior elite looks like one

in PvP

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Why? Well ofcourse it wasnt intended. I work as photographer, and sometimes when i make a serie of pictures they are not all as perfect, and one is better then the other. It isnt different in gamedevelopment, especially when you consider different teams working on different " pictures". Besides once you down the road and put in many hours of development/money you cant go back. Maybe a developer wants to, but management wont let you.

so warrior is just not the best designed, it happens, people tend to make mistakes and warrior elite looks like one

sorry but game development is not the same as pictures

unless in your pictures you could change any element inside at a whim. its more like making a mosaic by hand with multiple people

the teams did not do enough to ensure that all the pieces fit together nicely, yet they sold it anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I think what happened was warrior was such a strong class for so long. Since the game came out Warriors had alot build options but over the past few patches and HOT all the other classes kept getting better while we stayed the same.

Condi warrior was great when bleed dmg was the big dmg. The make condi stackable and that build slowly went away. Hambow had a small moment in the sun with the introduction of new runes/sigils but was nerfed and cele brought us shoutbow.

Then HOT came out and the zerk spec did nothing for us. The gave us burns but only with melee dmg when every other class got it with range and blinds. They tried to give us DPS with the double ferocity but the other specs share auras and boons and the addition of new dodges and shields. Also you have a few people say learn to play and setup your F1 attack but when thinking about how to set up your burst means the opponent is thinking about it too. the F1 skills for warrior dont do what need to anymore. Sword is a stationary attack, hammer/rifle/axe are all very telegraphed also mace/axe/gs having to be close melee range and doesnt give a huge pop for the set up. Bow warriors are also in a funky place since there are more condi now, people having more dodges,shields which is fine but the zerk spec actually hurts them trait lines and burst dmg wise.

I dont think they could of seen that every single warrior build is just not as good as another class for that purpose.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Like any example not all elements can be compared ofcourse. Basicly im trying to say, people worked on it and people do not always make perfect things and do not make everything equally good.

But its true what you said, they failes to fit the “pieces” Together nicely. And yea they sold anyway, but thats a trend we see everywhere since people are online and updates can be done easily compared to the times were we played offline and internet wasnt a big thing yet.

in PvP

Like any example not all elements can be compared ofcourse. Basicly im trying to say, people worked on it and people do not always make perfect things and do not make everything equally good.

But its true what you said, they failes to fit the “pieces” Together nicely. And yea they sold anyway, but thats a trend we see everywhere since people are online and updates can be done easily compared to the times were we played offline and internet wasnt a big thing yet.

as a dev myself (not on this game) it totally feels like a slap in my face when devs cant treat their game with the respect it deserves. Usually a publishers fault, but patching is just a kitten excuse. A game Should be in full working order and be in a good state before charging money.

bugs sure, some are easily missed, in one game devs found a bug and they worked on it, one day they fixed it and after releasing the game, they found YouTube videos of that same bug in the released game. (i know the guy who was the one who said “its fixed” he felt so guilty)

thats fine, they thought they fixed it but in truth they just could not replicate the problem.

here its just like they dont care about us, the players. like we dont matter. How can they think warrior was ok at any point? This is not ok. You dont buy a car and then find out that parts that were advertised don’t serve any purpose and dont work as they should. When you then ask “hey could you fix this” they say “well thats what its suppose to do, but over the next month we will fix it to work more like it should have all along”

in PvP

Warlord.9074

Can’t say they don’t know what they put in their own game. They knew exactly what they were doing. Everything was extensively tested.

in PvP

Can’t say they don’t know what they put in their own game. They knew exactly what they were doing. Everything was extensively tested.

yet warrior is in such an obvious state

some extensive testing

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

base warrior is not that bad, just kind of hard to play.

berserker spec on the other hand is a bit weaker than the other spec and need a bit of buff.

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

I disagree. ANET has a history of not properly doing QA. There’s way too many bugs that would be caught if they did, and way too many bugs that have existed since release.

I would also disagree that ANET knew exactly what they were doing. There are far too many variables involved to know what will happen in terms of balance when introducing new traits/skills/weapons/runes/sigils.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Warrior didn’t get worse, they problem is that they keep buffing classes that were already too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I think what happened was warrior was such a strong class for so long. Since the game came out Warriors had alot build options but over the past few patches and HOT all the other classes kept getting better while we stayed the same.

Actually warriors went through a series of major nerfs that place them dead last while other class received buffs especially after the trait rework. It all started with the adrenaline nerf that hurt hambow builds. So most migrated to shoutbow, then they nerfed shoutbow by nerfing vigorous shout trait. Then the last viable build was the rampage warriors, which they also nerfed quickly. So warriors are left with inferior builds againt today metas. And with the Berserker spec, it’s like a whole new nerf to warriors if you use it. That’s not including the damage nerf to greatsword and hammer. Warriors have little sustain since they are mainly melee fighters and their attacks are slow and telegraph. But somehow the dev feels they deserved the nerfs. So that’s why warriors are at the stage that it is now. Of course when other classes got stronger due to their elite specializations, it just made it more noticeable how bad warriors class is.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Actually warriors went through a series of major nerfs that place them dead last while other class received buffs especially after the trait rework. It all started with the adrenaline nerf that hurt hambow builds. So most migrated to shoutbow, then they nerfed shoutbow by nerfing vigorous shout trait. Then the last viable build was the rampage warriors, which they also nerfed quickly. So warriors are left with inferior builds againt today metas. And with the Berserker spec, it’s like a whole new nerf to warriors if you use it. That’s not including the damage nerf to greatsword and hammer. Warriors have little sustain since they are mainly melee fighters and their attacks are slow and telegraph. But somehow the dev feels they deserved the nerfs. So that’s why warriors are at the stage that it is now. Of course when other classes got stronger due to their elite specializations, it just made it more noticeable how bad warriors class is.

Yeah but we always had a option.

They nerfed hambow, we had shoutbow and they nerfed shoutbow but even with the nerf it was still usable. They nerfed rampage but we could still be useful next to a support character with our CC and Dps.

We were always able to maintain a role on a team but when hot came out with our new spec it became a dead silence. It added survive ability but not nearly as good as the old shout guardian/ any ele/ druids and now bunker revanents. They tried to give us some dps but the F1 skills in beserk mode arent as good as the old power/def/dis trait line.

I will say i see people trying to use the sword zerk spec but its kind of just funny. For PvE alot of my guild members are loving the new warrior spec but for PvP warriors heads are officially under the quick sand.

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

I have been wrecking people with my mace/shield & hammer warrior since HOT dropped, admittedly those people are very bad, but you can keep them out of the game for AGES, and if they pop stab just run away heal up or switch targets, and do it all over again. It might not be the best and most effective build, but it is a hell of a lot of fun.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Well they just got buffed. :-)

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Warrior just possibly got over-buffed. The damage I’m doing now is just silly. Anet was like, hey, Berserker needs more dps.. lets give +17% damage from traits, that out to be fine.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This is the 5th thread now about the terrible state of warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Warrior is now no longer bad.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Warriors have been the under-powered class in a large number of mmorpgs I have played. Reason? I feel it is about originality. Warriors are basic class that almost every player will try once. If they made the class played by every player the best, the game’s pvp and pve diversity would suffer.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Warrior is now no longer bad.

True for PvE only. Then again, warriors have been pretty alright in that regard anyway for quite some time.

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Just simple question can we get an answer please.

because they coudln’t do anything worst with Thief. They passed over to Warriors.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Passive Stun lock is Best

in PvP

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Playing stronghold as a warrior has made me realize how kitten our class is. It’s not that we can’t deal damage we are fine there. It’s the fact that every other class just bring so much more to the table. Each class seems to have much more survivability without requiring must have traits.

It’s an absolute joke.

They need to change the adrenaline decay for starters.

(edited by grifflyman.8102)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Each class seems to have much more survivability without requiring must have traits.

Hello. Elementalist here. Would you like to revise that statement?

in PvP

Each class seems to have much more survivability without requiring must have traits.

just faced an ele that i went to town on, never missed a ingle hit with hundred blades, and and wailed on him and it only took 10% of his health while i was in berserk

no one killed him the whole match and we even 3v1 against him at one time

so i disagree with revise

in PvP

Posted by: Humblekain.5418

Humblekain.5418

just faced an ele that i went to town on, never missed a ingle hit with hundred blades, and and wailed on him and it only took 10% of his health while i was in berserk

no one killed him the whole match and we even 3v1 against him at one time

so i disagree with revise

You said “without requiring must have traits”.

If we take your anecdote as reliable, then the Elementalist almost certainly had ‘must have’ traits to even have a hope of making this scenario a reality – Tempest’s Earthen Proxy, Earth’s Geomancer’s Defense, Earth’s Stone Heart, probably water traits for healing, and given that you said “only took 10% of his health”, hell, he probably had Rite of the Great Dwarf active from a Revenant, and the fates themselves probably intervened, and I imagine you were wearing a Settler’s amulet or possibly no amulet at all! Perhaps you were suffering from ‘Weakness’ and ‘Blind’ conditions.

Please think carefully before you make such sensational comments – basic research would have improved your meta knowledge (and thus PvP competence!) and possibly even enlightened your woefully ignorant perspective.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

warriors still haven’t recovered from the June 23 update specifically with condition damage output and also nerf to shouts.

before hambow became mainstream, I ran a s/s LB carrion warrior. that was 2+ years ago and it was one of the best builds for condition damage.

problem with berserker is that it relies on adrenaline (nerfed) and condition damage (nerfed)

if they increased the bleeding stacks and increased burning duration and stacks, berserker would be fine.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I don’t get why people are making out that warrs are like at the bottom of the pile now. They are still the fastest hard hitting class out there. I just came out of a match were the opposite team’s warr was chewing up everyone that came into his path.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

I don’t get why people are making out that warrs are like at the bottom of the pile now. They are still the fastest hard hitting class out there. I just came out of a match were the opposite team’s warr was chewing up everyone that came into his path.

Warriors are decently strong against low to medium skilled opponents, always been.
But in actual competitive play against people that know what they’re doing, they probably end up being one of the, if not the most easily counterable class in the game.
It used to be that good warrior players could still hold their own by focusing heavily on mindgames and fakes to put enemies’ counters on cds and/or focusing on the support aspect, but now even that is pretty much useless.

Most other professions can support better than the Warrior and even if you do manage to waste the counters your enemy has, their cds are so short and their options so many, that if you’re not absolutely perfect in your execution it won’t mean anything.

There’s a reason why Warrior got a very low presence in recent pro events, with Berserker not showing up even once.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

in PvP

Posted by: Korin.8597

Korin.8597

What’s wrong with warrior in the nutshell.