Why I dislike season 6 and not 2016

in PvP

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

This is all my opinion, if you don’t agree it’s fine.
For seasons in 2016, when the season ended you and everyone else would be place in a similar division when the next league started. Under the new system, you have to do several matches and then the algorithm will determine where you are suppose to be it.

Unfortunately, the algorithm does not take into account people that play in non mainstream hours. For those that play when spvp traffic is low, the queue is smaller overall. So, during the placement games you may find yourself paired with people that are significantly less experience in sPvP. Lose several games and then be place in a lower division. Then you have to work your way back up division ladders again with teammates that are less experience. For example, I just finish a match where four of my teammates decided to fight right outside of the spawn and to capture any point on the map. I understand this can be normal behavior for division 1 players but not division 3+. Since, I’m playing during off hours I’m running into several people that are either extremely skilled and should be higher divisions like 4+ or division 1. There isn’t any consistency. Its almost like playing unranked arena.

Previous seasons separated high and low performing players into similar division they were previously in. Imo, the new system is not working well during non popular hours where the pvp queue is low. So, what I’m face with is waiting for the really skilled players to advance to their proper divisions and for the lower division players to become more experience to have decent matches on both sides again. For that game I mentioned earlier, the score was 43 to 501.

(edited by reapex.8546)

in PvP

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Did a gain we won by 50 points gained 13 MMR.
Another game, won by 350 points and gained 12 MMR.
Lost a game by 30 points and lost 13 MMR.
Its hard for myself and some other friends to continue to do leagues, because we don’t understand the new point gain\lose system. I read Anet comments, that if you win by a large majority of points you should get more points than what you gain if you won by a slim margin. But this has not been the case for us.