Why I don't GW2 any more... random jerks

in PvP

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Yeah, I know… it’s somewhat childish of me… don’t mind me, just wanna QQ a little^^

Was not playing GW2 for a month or so. Went back to play some PvP. Played one game unranked and it was a pretty good game actually.

But then there is this person… he was in my team and had to verbally bash everyone. First “the enemy team was all scrubs”, then the “warrior has no idea how to warrior”, then the thief was doing something wrong… only he knows what… Then nobody “stomps”… when there is nothing to actually stomp… and so on…

Finally we lost, because they killed our lord, when we had like 450 points and we all “should go back to hotjoin”…

I know, he may just be one bad apple in a fight of 9 other civilized people. But I don’t wanna have to deal with idiots, when I am back home entertaining myself with a game. And PvP is about everything I do in GW2… so I don’t GW2 any more…

It’s a petty… after all I payed for the expansion… but it’s just too tiring for me.

Why aren’t manners a thing in the internet?

EDIT:
Maybe PvPing in guild arena will be better. I’ll wait for that. So I can actually somewhat influence with whom I play…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Hmmm..
Was he a Necro and named Prince Vin*****? :p

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

Uhhh, if this is such a massive issue for you, why don’t you just hide the chat? Think about it, even going off of my experience from almost 3 years of playing this game, pvp chat has been useful about 2 times.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I just want to let you know, as someone who plays ranked PvP in the top tier there’s virtually none trash talking. In fact, I haven’t seen it in over a year!

Based off my experiences, the only people who trash talk are bad players themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

How can there be nothing to stomp?

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

You should probably live in a bubble and eat cheerios in solitude for the rest of your life if one person in a video game made you quit. I guarantee you won’t find any game online or in real life that doesn’t have at least one person like the one you mentioned.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Uhhh, if this is such a massive issue for you, why don’t you just hide the chat? Think about it, even going off of my experience from almost 3 years of playing this game, pvp chat has been useful about 2 times.

No no no no no.
Do not EVER hide the chat unless you are playing purely with people in voice chat who make up the WHOLE team.
There’s this thing called COMMUNICATION which is impossible without a means to convey information. It tends to win games.

in PvP

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I would rather have the enemy being kittens than have someone berating everyone else in team chat. The former comes with the territory, but the latter tends to ruin whatever amount of team cohesion you can form with other yoloqueuers, and it’s even more of a distraction if people start responding. I also tend to assume that they will eventually rage quit (and they seem to about 75% of the time), so it’s demoralizing in that regard, too.

I will admit that I am a sensitive person in general, but I think it’s ridiculous to tell people to toughen up if they don’t want to deal with rampant negativity in chat, or in PvP. Games are supposed to be a fun outlet, and if you’re the type of person who doesn’t like getting called names/harassed while having fun, it doesn’t mean you’re weak or fragile. It just means your idea of a good time doesn’t have room for negativity and trolling.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

If people are shouting in all chat they are likely trying to push attention off themselves or are lonely and need this point of human contact (even if it is one way and they are just screaming) to feel like they are involved in something.

Take pity for they will die alone and forgotten.

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

….But I don’t wanna have to deal with idiots, when I am back home entertaining myself with a game….

man tbh i dont know what kind of pvp games you played before, but in any game i played there were idiots trash talking and insultig the opponents or their teammates

from my first mmo 15years ago, beeing called a noob and idiot to my first shooter on PS3 where i got an angry message with full of insults and other things, it will always be that way, just get used to it, there will be always kittens, like in real life too

best thing you can do is get a party to queue, so you dont need the chat and then hide chat and ignore what the opponent says in say chat

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I understand what this OP went through. What’s ironic is that the most toxic people actually belong to the lower tiers. A lot of serial pvpers are civilized and don’t lambast their teammates on team or mapchat.

I suggest that you thicken up and not let them have any power over you. In the end, you lose if you quit playing the game you enjoy bcoz you allowed the behavior of socially inept individuals get to you

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

you don’t see it in higher ranks because people are actually doing what they are supposed to.

the only times i comment in this way is if im the only one holding a point with 2+ people on me and i watch my team flop about off point and capture nothing. there is nothing more frustrating then when your team doesnt call or attack targets and doesn’t fight on or even try to hold points. and lets not forget that solo guy that keeps going to far and full cap it and stay there…..

in PvP

TyPin.9860

I am actually positively surprised. I expected way more negative/troll reactions to my initial post, although there were some…

However, I wanna make one thing clear. It is not this one specific player that upsets me. Even though this match was a peg on which to hang my story. There were games completely free of idiots… but many games are filled with them. Hiding the chat isn’t my thing, because I like to communicate and coordinate in PvP…

Those idiots are not specific to GW2, I am well aware (Having played PvP in GW1, SC2 and GW2). But at one point I am simply fed up. As a casual player, I am not playing on the highest levels of PvP and it eludes my, why I need to be on top, to be free from those type of players. It has nothing to do with giving up or needing to live in a bubble. I play GW2 not as a mission, a job, a statement or anything along the line. I play it to have fun, to relax and the entertain myself.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

You should close down your chat when you pvp. It helps not to read anything. More than not the chat is pointless, filled with childish tantrums. No need to subject yourself to it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

don t play league of legends then ahahah

in PvP

TyPin.9860

don t play league of legends then ahahah

Yeah, I heard^^

Anyway. Just to test, if my perception is warped… I played a series of games today… and to my surprise, after having played like 20 games inna row, there was no single such jerk to my perception. I will delusionally imagine my post made all PvP jerks nice^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

I am not sure if it is only bad pvp’ers that are unable to communicate in a constructive way. But they will never ever be an asset to any team, if they deal with other players in that way – be that newbs or veterans. That knowledge doesn’t help anyone however – we can repeat it for ourselves when we accidentally bump into such a person, but he most likely doesn’t give a kitten about how his words affect other people.
I find the problem to lie in general consensus of the silent acceptance. I can’t see any reason to just silently accept cyber-bullies or bullies in general – it is imho that simple.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

There will always be bad people out there, and sometimes even to the best of us, one of them will get to u. But thats how the world goes, sadly in here we have little options to deal with them (as they cant be reasoned with) so all u can do is block them and try not to let urself be taken away too much. With that said theres alot of valid concerns and frustration towards Anet spvp game design that has been stagnant over years, which makes blood boil and have its effect on these bad people.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: manarchon.2089

manarchon.2089

Best option is to disable all chat windows when playing random games. It’s the best cure. It*s not so much a problem in GW2, as you still can do this. There’s games where you even can’t disable all the random tubes thrusting piles of vile kitten on your face

Forget teamwork in random games, you won’t see none of it. Just use the minimap, no-one else will, and do your best soloing if you aim to win the game.

in PvP

Posted by: manarchon.2089

manarchon.2089

And it’s got nothing to do with “bad game design”. By default online games are full of kittens and kittens. If you can say and do whatever you will, certain ppl will always do it.

It’s the same as in any other case where there’s no consequences from your actions. Some ppl use it to their benefit.

in PvP

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

And it’s got nothing to do with “bad game design”. By default online games are full of kittens and kittens. If you can say and do whatever you will, certain ppl will always do it.

It’s the same as in any other case where there’s no consequences from your actions. Some ppl use it to their benefit.

That’s why in my opinion anet should give more temporary bans/chat bans or something to these people. I get pm’d with some pretty offending stuff everyday in pvp and I really don’t care about them but I’d like to see some kind of penalty for those people when you report them for “verbal abuse”.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Of course some of it can has to do with bad game design, theres no pure one reason why someone gets frustrated, and much easier so if said person is already a jerk.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

Yeah, I know… it’s somewhat childish of me… don’t mind me, just wanna QQ a little^^

Was not playing GW2 for a month or so. Went back to play some PvP. Played one game unranked and it was a pretty good game actually.

But then there is this person… he was in my team and had to verbally bash everyone. First “the enemy team was all scrubs”, then the “warrior has no idea how to warrior”, then the thief was doing something wrong… only he knows what… Then nobody “stomps”… when there is nothing to actually stomp… and so on…

Finally we lost, because they killed our lord, when we had like 450 points and we all “should go back to hotjoin”…

I know, he may just be one bad apple in a fight of 9 other civilized people. But I don’t wanna have to deal with idiots, when I am back home entertaining myself with a game. And PvP is about everything I do in GW2… so I don’t GW2 any more…

It’s a petty… after all I payed for the expansion… but it’s just too tiring for me.

Why aren’t manners a thing in the internet?

EDIT:
Maybe PvPing in guild arena will be better. I’ll wait for that. So I can actually somewhat influence with whom I play…

GW2’s community is venomous. I’m not saying it’s because of the lack of good report systems but it is because those players do not get punished. They simply don’t. That’s why I rate the support survey with worst scores everytime cause they don’t. do. kitten.