Why I won't watch Pro League today...

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

…because of exploiters playing in it.

Edit: Removed “NA” from title, both EU & NA deserve same threatment, even if one has less exploiters… it sill has exploiters.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

So I guess your website discussing it is going by the wayside?

I probably won’t watch it since I’m really busy this week and don’t have time so watch people struggle to take down god mode bunkers with condi revs.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Congrats on taking a stand. I won’t be watching EU because they did the exact same thing.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

So I guess your website discussing it is going by the wayside?

I probably won’t watch it since I’m really busy this week and don’t have time so watch people struggle to take down god mode bunkers with condi revs.

My website was disabled when Leagues was launched without soloQ, as kind of protest.

Congrats on taking a stand. I won’t be watching EU because they did the exact same thing.

Maybe I should also skip EU…

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Same. Anet usually punish exploiters but when it comes to pros, they turn a blind eye. That’s not good. Anet needs to step up and punish exploiters no matter who they are.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Edit: Removed “NA” from title, both EU & NA deserve same threatment, even if one has less exploiters… it sill has exploiters.

So you’re saying EU has less exploiters?…. I really don’t think so….

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Well, I personally don’t watch it because its boring as hell but heh, that’s as good argument as any.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I will most definitely be watching it tonight, mainly because last week was the first time I watched a pvp event and I am now extremely hyped for any new events that get announced, I absolutely loved it last week and hopefully this week will be no different, I will be following until the end without a doubt.
As for the teams ‘exploiting’, do you mean how they can have multiple teams on the guild challenger leaderboard at the same time? I have seen a lot of discussion about that. To be honest though the players could do anything in game and I wouldn’t care, doesn’t make the pro league any less entertaining for me to watch.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I will most definitely be watching it tonight, mainly because last week was the first time I watched a pvp event and I am now extremely hyped for any new events that get announced, I absolutely loved it last week and hopefully this week will be no different, I will be following until the end without a doubt.
As for the teams ‘exploiting’, do you mean how they can have multiple teams on the guild challenger leaderboard at the same time? I have seen a lot of discussion about that. To be honest though the players could do anything in game and I wouldn’t care, doesn’t make the pro league any less entertaining for me to watch.

More like exploiting Matchmaking glitches than abusing guild challenger leaderboard.

So you’re saying EU has less exploiters?…. I really don’t think so….

Less exploiters at top level for sure… I’d say you will find less exploiters among top4 (55, TCG, oRNG, Verm) than on NA, where if someone is abusing hes actualy among top players from top teams…

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I’m wondering tough how you’d actually distinguish between intentional matchmaking manipulation and playing with friends? How does one determine what thier intent is? I’m not defending the Abjured. But you gotta admit that proving this without a shadow of a doubt is going to be pretty hard. Personally I myself are like in the middle with this issue. A valid reason for this could be exceptionally long que times. And consider gw2 itself leaves open space for a grey areas. I wonder what a solution would be here? Duo Queing, maby tripple queing? But then again Pro teams also need to practice and I can see them not wanting to practice all thier tactics with other pro esl teams. You’d want to stack the odds in your favour i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

what exploit did they ues?

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

The reason I am not gonna watch the pro league is that I stopped caring about pvp after anet failed so hard with the leagues and balance. There’s no reason to take pvp seriously anymore.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I’m wondering tough how you’d actually distinguish between intentional matchmaking manipulation and playing with friends? How does one determine what thier intent is? I’m not defending the Abjured. But you gotta admit that proving this without a shadow of a doubt is going to be pretty hard. Personally I myself are like in the middle with this issue. A valid reason for this could be exceptionally long que times. And consider gw2 itself leaves open space for a grey areas. I wonder what a solution would be here? Duo Queing, maby tripple queing? But then again Pro teams also need to practice and I can see them not wanting to practice all thier tactics with other pro esl teams. You’d want to stack the odds in your favour i guess.

You made really a good question. As I’ve said earlier (in already deleted without any track thread), it may require from ArenaNet a bit of work to judge it properly. While we can consider a screenshot, or even multiple screenshot as evidence of such horrible behaviour made by certain teams and/or players involved with those teams, ArenaNet can’t make judgement just based on those. It may require to check entire League match history of certain individuals to judge, if they were “playing with friends”, or they we’re rotating their friends the way they always have Amber/Emerald to “tank” Matchmaking Rating (MMR) of their premade. Problem gets even bigger when certain teams use alternative accounts (smurfs) with skilled players on them to fool the Matchmaking system in their favour, since those “smurfs” would be consider by system as inexperienced newbies with low MMR and lack of any activity in League.

Pro teams may need some practice thats true, but if you would browse forums and check those screenshots, you would notice that “teams” made of “pro players” were often teams containing member of multiple “pro teams” in one party, so those clearly weren’t practice groups trying to hide tactics from other “pro teams”.

I also can’t belive that pugstomping can be considered as practice for such skilled teams as Abjured or Team Pz…

We also should consider entire teams (full 5 man preamde) of Diamond/Rubies + single Amber/Emerald as completly different thing than people duo queing just to reduce que time even as Legendary Division + Amber.

Glitches in Matchmaking system allowing you to find quicker and easier matches, so you could “farm” less skilled players in lower Divisions, which Matchmaking system was trying to prevent from happening.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

TLDR: We have put artificial ideals on professional players when they are players first. However this shows how young this eSport still is and how perception can negatively impact it’s growth.

“Since Leagues have formed, professional teams have been showing the gaps in the PvP league and tournament process to the detriment of the game. This is because we would like to hold professional players to a higher standard of game play since Anet is trying to make this a professional sport. However, since Leagues have come out professional players have:
1. Created new groups of Guild teams one after another to show how decay was not functioning on the Guild Leader Board which is what was going to be used to determine placement for the Larger Tournament. Also, with the full knowledge that those Guild teams were ineligible for tournament play and were just taking up slots.

2. Looked for lower MMR/Amber rated players to deflate their own MMR to get better matches in PvP Leagues due to high queue times which made people think they were “trolling” lower levels.

3. Found how to tank MMR really fast in order to get win streaks to get past certain League Divisions.

If these are the individuals that Anet wants as their professional players then there should be a level of professionalism when dealing with the playerbase, especially those Guild teams that are really hoping for placement in the ESL tournament."

The truth is this, professional players are not really professional players in the aspect that some feel that they should be. There are no contracts, there are no sponsors, there is nothing to differentiate these players from other players other than the fact that you view them as professionals. Since there is none of the above, there is no incentive to be any different. Also, professional players are players first and if they need to add some individuals to their team to deflate MMR for matchmaking, that’s an issue with matchmaking and not the players. They do want to play this game for fun.

I personally enjoyed Morwath’s work. I felt like it was more the ESPN version of what was going on with ESL seeing as ESL was focused on the real time moments. However what this shows is that this is still a VERY young eSport.

in PvP

You made really a good question. As I’ve said earlier (in already deleted without any track thread), it may require from ArenaNet a bit of work to judge it properly. While we can consider a screenshot, or even multiple screenshot as evidence of such horrible behaviour made by certain teams and/or players involved with those teams, ArenaNet can’t make judgement just based on those. It may require to check entire League match history of certain individuals to judge, if they were “playing with friends”, or they we’re rotating their friends the way they always have Amber/Emerald to “tank” Matchmaking Rating (MMR) of their premade. Problem gets even bigger when certain teams use alternative accounts (smurfs) with skilled players on them to fool the Matchmaking system in their favour, since those “smurfs” would be consider by system as inexperienced newbies with low MMR and lack of any activity in League.

Pro teams may need some practice thats true, but if you would browse forums and check those screenshots, you would notice that “teams” made of “pro players” were often teams containing member of multiple “pro teams” in one party, so those clearly weren’t practice groups trying to hide tactics from other “pro teams”.

I also can’t belive that pugstomping can be considered as practice for such skilled teams as Abjured or Team Pz…

We also should consider entire teams (full 5 man preamde) of Diamond/Rubies + single Amber/Emerald as completly different thing than people duo queing just to reduce que time even as Legendary Division + Amber.

Glitches in Matchmaking system allowing you to find quicker and easier matches, so you could “farm” less skilled players in lower Divisions, which Matchmaking system was trying to prevent from happening.

I guess those screenshots could be send to A-net and have A-net check thier history? if thier is some consistency as you said, rotating friends who are in low divisions. then i guess you could find it suspicious. The ideal way would for them to have varrying ranks and mmr ranging from low and high.

As things are now. For Pro Teams to not have an insane que time, they’d have to tank thier mmr by having either a smurf alt, player with low mmr or throw matches.

I guess multiple pro’s in one team would not fall under ’’team’’ practice. But then u could still argue that playing with people on your level would be considered individual training to keep your edge.

I wonder if doing the reverse en masse? Like maby 1 pro or 2 pro’s and 3 low to mid mmr players would be able to account for in case they meet another full premade team would be an temporarily solution? If you spread pro’s out among the ‘’common folk’’ to some extent in masse be they on smurfs to not kitten up thier main account’s rating. Would kinda even the odds? The overal mmr of the lower divisions players should stay low due to more smurf’s. And thus prevent them from going to places where they are not supposed to be. But at the same time even the odds and not make the loses as horrible as like 500-5. But give a bit of hope by basicaly bieng well carried.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@Thiefz

1) Those teams aren’t actually taking up slots for the tournament. They’ll just skip the ineligible teams and take the top teams that are eligible. I’ve talked to Grouch about this. Also, I don’t know the case for the PZ teams, but The Mist Initiative teams are all formed from different players. They have 5 full Pro League teams and 5 that are mash-ups of players in the guild. I think the best solution would be to implement decay and only show the highest rated team from that guild on the leaderboard. Those fixes are on ArenaNet, though.

2) Amber players don’t deflate their MMR. It deflates their league. The matchmaking will still match them with high MMR players, just not ones in as high a division. Since the league really is just grind at the higher MMR, it’s not giving them easier matches, just quicker pops. For reference, Sunfish would try to solo queue and the queue would auto cancel at two hours. He literally couldn’t get a match.

3) No Pro League players did this. They didn’t need to.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

As things are now. For Pro Teams to not have an insane que time, they’d have to tank thier mmr by having either a smurf alt, player with low mmr or throw matches.

Think about the fact had they not been doing this all week, they might just not have been so kittening far ahead of the system. Logic.

Besides that we saw evidence of this behavior in the very first day (re-creating teams(which give artificial low mmr) to flood board). Before long queue’s were a thing.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

(edited by dank.3680)

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@dank

I don’t solo queue at all. I pretty much only do Ranked when my team practices. Do you know why? Even with this minimal PvPing, I’m at mid Ruby. The instant high MMR players hit Diamond, queue times spike to over an hour. Faov, Steel, and Bear are already running into this on my team. Pro League players quickly hitting a wall of long queue times was the natural outcome, not because they were abusing the system.

in PvP

dank.3680

@dank

I don’t solo queue at all. I pretty much only do Ranked when my team practices. Do you know why? Even with this minimal PvPing, I’m at mid Ruby. The instant high MMR players hit Diamond, queue times spike to over an hour. Faov, Steel, and Bear are already running into this on my team. Pro League players quickly hitting a wall of long queue times was the natural outcome, not because they were abusing the system.

The legit guys might have teams to fight, if those teams were not busy fighting sapphires by using an amber carrier.

(edited by dank.3680)

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@dank

If my team queues together, and PZ queues with one Amber, it would still match us together. The issue is that there aren’t enough teams that can compete queuing at the same time. The top 5 or so teams can take games off each other, but below that? It’s pretty common for only one of those five to be queuing at any point in time and two or four to be scrimming each other.

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Was it really a “glitch” or is the system just really bad and easy to work around?

“Glitch” makes it sound like outright cheating, but I’m guessing it was just due to a poor matchmaking design.

in PvP

Thiefz.3695

@Thiefz

1) Those teams aren’t actually taking up slots for the tournament. They’ll just skip the ineligible teams and take the top teams that are eligible. I’ve talked to Grouch about this. Also, I don’t know the case for the PZ teams, but The Mist Initiative teams are all formed from different players. They have 5 full Pro League teams and 5 that are mash-ups of players in the guild. I think the best solution would be to implement decay and only show the highest rated team from that guild on the leaderboard. Those fixes are on ArenaNet, though.

2) Amber players don’t deflate their MMR. It deflates their league. The matchmaking will still match them with high MMR players, just not ones in as high a division. Since the league really is just grind at the higher MMR, it’s not giving them easier matches, just quicker pops. For reference, Sunfish would try to solo queue and the queue would auto cancel at two hours. He literally couldn’t get a match.

3) No Pro League players did this. They didn’t need to.

Thanks for responding Olrun. My post was meant to point out the “feelings” and “perceptions” of people on this forum as opposed to the actual truth. The only thing that makes professional players different from other players is money. They are still players at the base and want to have fun. AKA Sunfish’s issue. The perception of Guild Leagues being abused but to your point, there are valid guilds on there.

I think people need to just enjoy the game for what it is and not any perceived idea of “trolling”, “favoritism”, or “bias.”

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

For reference, here were the scrims that I know of that happened last night. PZ scrimmed Abjured and Spookie. Spookie also scrimmed Ez Pz. Apex scrimmed Ez Pz and Final Form. Bear had homework to do or we would have scrimmed Zero Counterplay, Spookie, and Apex. If teams are on that are worth our time, we’ll almost always scrim them to guarantee that we keep hitting each other instead of relying on somewhat RNG queue pops with a timer between each match. These teams aren’t avoiding tough matches. They’re getting all the practice they can.

in PvP

dank.3680

I think you missed my point that by tricking the system, the players who are already far past everyone else are only serving to widen the gap. Not only by artificially moving up quicker due to guaranteed wins, but by holding others back at the very same time.

The other point I made which you apparently missed , is the *fact that the system was being kittened with by top players since day 1. I looked at the board day 1 and saw what was going on. How could it ever even work right in the first place.

Yes anet is 110% at fault for releasing such an easily exploited system. But I have no respect for those who abuse it and abuse other players for their own selfish reasoning, whatever that is.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Same. Anet usually punish exploiters but when it comes to pros, they turn a blind eye. That’s not good. Anet needs to step up and punish exploiters no matter who they are.

The only exploiters are MMR tankers. Otherwise there’s no rule stating you can’t team with lower ranked players in order to get faster queuing times. Is there anywhere in the ToS or CoD that prohibits such teams?

in PvP

@Thiefz

But if they are still matched up with high mmr players? Why are still getting kittenstomped? Why are they’re so many screenshots of high division players just steamrolling? With wins such as 500-50 and the like? Is it that lower divisions have more solo q’ers?

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@dank

As I said earlier in this thread, I don’t know the case for the PZ teams, but The Mist Initiative teams were all different players. The Mist Initiative has players from literally every Pro League team in it. Maybe PZ was making new teams to have artificially low MMR, but I can’t judge that as I’m not in the guild. Before leagues were even launched, PZ was queuing like crazy. Before Pro League started, they were kind of a joke, losing to solo queuers and every other team. However, all their queuing and practice paid off, and I consider them the strongest Pro League team at the moment. They play that much because the effort does show. I think you need to stop assuming people’s motives.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@Xanctus

Even if Pro League teams are matched with the highest MMR players currently queuing, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be a good match. Those Pro League players are top level with mechanics and coordination, so it’s not always possible to create a balanced match. The matchmaking probably has an accurate view of who will win, but in this snowball of a meta people still lose pips. If it wasn’t a three point meta where 500-0s kept happening, I don’t think it would be as much of an issue.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

@OlrunTheBlade.1486
You’re saying that “The Abjured”, “Twitch Tv Chaithh” and “Twitch Tv Phantaram” were all different guilds, not just Abjured using Guild Leaderboard for shameless self promotion?

Also, using Sunfish as an example is great example of someone who cares more (if not only) about himself than anything else. His goal is the only thing that matters for him, make things enjoyable for him or he will exploit… such a “professional” player. You need to understand that professional players can do less than others, since they are playing for money, not just for self enjoyment.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@Morwath

I do believe that Chaith already responded to this one, but you ignored it. Noscoc named those teams to make fun of them, and the rosters of those teams is not full Abjured. They’re mixes of other teams in that guild. For example, my PvE guild has like 6 different teams. There are several people who are on multiple of them. I think that’s natural when it allows 10 teams.

In regard to Sunfish, would you care to give examples or are you just going to BM people randomly? Sunfish can be a kitten at times. He really can. And here’s something you need to understand. Most of the Pro League players? We still play for enjoyment. There isn’t enough money in it yet for it to be a job. It’s still something we do for fun. Of course, it’s nice to be rewarded for being good, but it’s still for fun.

in PvP

dank.3680

Regardless of the intention they did what they did. The result is that they moved up quicker then they would have by always fighting emeralds in the beginning.

We all know, creating a new team gives you a fresh team MMR and you start by playing the bottom of the barrel. What happens when you’re ezmode progression to that snowflake rank slows? Well you just create a new team and fight bottom feeders some more. We also all know this manipulation was happening since day 1 due to the fact that it was displayed on a public board in the lobby.

The motives don’t really matter in my opinion. And at this point we all know what’s going to happen if a 5 man ESL team queues up with an amber in their group, they will be handed an easy 500-50 and 5 other peoples day will be ruined.

You can give any excuse for why top players continue to do this even today, but they will all be selfish.

—Also just for the record. I am well aware of their being honest and respectable players at the top. While I have not been a dedicated spvp player I have been friends with many of these people since the beginning of the game.

(edited by dank.3680)

in PvP

@Xanctus

Even if Pro League teams are matched with the highest MMR players currently queuing, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be a good match. Those Pro League players are top level with mechanics and coordination, so it’s not always possible to create a balanced match. The matchmaking probably has an accurate view of who will win, but in this snowball of a meta people still lose pips. If it wasn’t a three point meta where 500-0s kept happening, I don’t think it would be as much of an issue.

then there is still a big problem here. If MMR cannot account for this. And MMR is seemingly not bieng manipulated. Then u still have a practical imbalance. solo q’ers vs premades and just pro’s.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Dude. It’s a broken system. I don’t want to PvP too much because I’m scared of hitting Diamond. It doesn’t take abuse to get to that rank too quickly. That’s obviously going to cause frustration among top players. When rewards require them to grind, then they’re punished for doing it too well, it’s a broken system, and the fault doesn’t lie with them.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

@Xanctus

I do agree that the system is pretty broken. You should be able to climb the Leagues faster and without the grind if you’re good enough. As it stands, top players HAVE to grind matches against weaker players if they want rewards. And people really have to remember, they still play the game for fun. It’s not a job.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

@Morwath

I do believe that Chaith already responded to this one, but you ignored it. Noscoc named those teams to make fun of them, and the rosters of those teams is not full Abjured. They’re mixes of other teams in that guild. For example, my PvE guild has like 6 different teams. There are several people who are on multiple of them. I think that’s natural when it allows 10 teams.

In regard to Sunfish, would you care to give examples or are you just going to BM people randomly? Sunfish can be a kitten at times. He really can. And here’s something you need to understand. Most of the Pro League players? We still play for enjoyment. There isn’t enough money in it yet for it to be a job. It’s still something we do for fun. Of course, it’s nice to be rewarded for being good, but it’s still for fun.

Chaith said that others were responsible for names. However, if responsible person for that is Nos as you said… hes still Abjured member, isn’t he?

In regard to Sunfish, I was reffering to his thread and attutide he presented in it, like “understand my problem or I will farm you with my team hue hue hue”, what I’m supposed to think about such people…? For sure not “good sportsmanship”.

Anyway, I’ve written to support, where I’ve been told to contact exploits@arena.net or something like that, so I guess they may investigate those cases… and I hope they will do something about few exploiters, especially those who were involved into pro premade exploiting smurf to abuse Matchmaking case.

in PvP

Thiefz.3695

Here’s the irony, I see day in and day out the joke made about “esports” this and “esports” that which is a bunch of sarcasm because we know eSports doesn’t exist. However, we all feel that some how because they are “professionals” they need to take things seriously. If we don’t believe in eSports then how can you look at people as “professionals?” If even professionals don’t take it seriously due the amount of balance issues and the lack luster rewards who just want to play for “fun” then you have to put the salt away and realize that it’s just a game.

You may want it to be more but it doesn’t exist. Not the game you are currently playing.

in PvP

Dude. It’s a broken system. I don’t want to PvP too much because I’m scared of hitting Diamond. It doesn’t take abuse to get to that rank too quickly. That’s obviously going to cause frustration among top players. When rewards require them to grind, then they’re punished for doing it too well, it’s a broken system, and the fault doesn’t lie with them.

Not sure I can agree with that mentality. It’s not thier fault sure. But there is still something akin to having empathy. Top players get frustrated, they murderstomp the masses, masses get frustrated at top players. Top players get more frustrated and so the cycle continues.

I’m pretty sure that those divisions were placed for a reason. I’m sure you are not supposed to be fighting diamonds.

And then you still have to ask yourself where you draw the line? It’s not forbidden to decide who you play with. But exploits are forbidden indeed. U’d have to ask yourself if it’s intended for A-net to mix pro with regular players?

I’d still argue currently for duo queing or tripple queing if you simply want to have fun. Alteast duo queing on a account if you value your pvp rating.

I’d also argue that if pro teams want to keep farming. They simply keep doing what they do in a single team. And the rest duo queue

(edited by Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

PvP is like paint drying, waiting for something to happen. Here is me sitting on my kitten for 5 minutes on mid point.

Guild Wars 2 EEEEEESSSSPPPPUUUURTS, where you sit around waiting for something to happen.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

I really don’t see the exploits, queue with many teams for MMR exploits is already fixed; play with low rank players is part of the system.

You’re just complaining about the system, if Pro Players used the system for their benefit and you won’t, is not their fault.

If you say the system is broken (also my english),I agree, but I really think your topic is pointless.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I really don’t see the exploits, queue with many teams for MMR exploits is already fixed; play with low rank players is part of the system.

You’re just complaining about the system, if Pro Players used the system for their benefit and you won’t, is not their fault.

If you say the system is broken (also my english),I agree, but I really think your topic is pointless.

If system is broken, abusing it for own benefit is called exploiting. Exploiting of in-game system isn’t allowed by Code of Conduct… how its not their fault.

Anyway, if ArenaNet doesn’t want to punish exploiters, we can punish them by ignoring their competition, since less viewers = less sponsors = less money for exploiters.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Exploiting the poorly designed league system seems rather tame when you consider on EU there is a team/players that have cheated in other actual tournaments.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Exploiting the poorly designed league system seems rather tame when you consider on EU there is a team/players that have cheated in other actual tournaments.

You mean guys, who got their car crashed, or you mean other exploits like stowing Lightning Whip for extra heals from Signet of Restoration before it was fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

Is anyone really interested in watching mesmers and revs evade/invuln for a couple of hours?

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

You mean guys, who got their car crashed, or you mean other exploits like stowing Lightning Whip for extra heals from Signet of Restoration before it was fixed?

Good god, how far are you going to go with calling exploits on everything that’s buggy? Was it an exploit that ranger taunts were going through blocks? Should every ranger who used taunt while it was bugged be punished? Or when smokescales were hitting at 200% power? Or when vamp runes were bugged for ele downstate?

Besides, how are you supposed to differentiate between a “bug” and a “feature” certainly Anet has never bothered do, so I don’t see why you care so much.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Good god, how far are you going to go with calling exploits on everything that’s buggy? Was it an exploit that ranger taunts were going through blocks? Should every ranger who used taunt while it was bugged be punished? Or when smokescales were hitting at 200% power? Or when vamp runes were bugged for ele downstate?

Besides, how are you supposed to differentiate between a “bug” and a “feature” certainly Anet has never bothered do, so I don’t see why you care so much.

I’ve simply asked zinkz what he meant…

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I’m not gonna watch it either. The exploiters left a bad taste and what’s worse is we know that they won’t be punished for match making manipulation.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

People keep saying the system is broken, but it is very logical. It is a bell curve, and there is less percentage at the higher end of the curve. In order to get a good match you will have to wait. Realistically, there is no way to shorten this that will result in a fun outcome.

If you pull from the center of the bell curve, you will have weaker opponent. You have to take from the smaller top end of the curve. The only fix is to increase the overall PvP population.

Artificially inflating the center of the curve to the top end of the curve does not solve the problem. Deflating the top of the curve to the center does not solve the problem.

More numbers solves the problem. Specifically more numbers at each stage of the curve.

But on topic, watching ESL was fun when there was something to be learned from it. Now it is monotonous. I would imagine other players have the same sentiments.

“I watch ESL because there is this pro thief and when I grow up I want to be like him.” etc etc. What do you learn today? Maybe some rotations…But it mostly appears as skill AoE spam on nodes. I will watch ESL again when there is another warrior in it.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

The system is broken in requiring grind even from the best players to get the backpiece. You need three matches per day for one of those achievements, which can take 4-5 hours for players in Diamond. Obviously there are fewer fair matches for top players, but even when solo queuing? It’s a little ridiculous when someone gets a two hour queue solo queuing, and then the game says “I can’t give you a match” and kicks him out of queue.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

The system is broken in requiring grind even from the best players to get the backpiece. You need three matches per day for one of those achievements, which can take 4-5 hours for players in Diamond. Obviously there are fewer fair matches for top players, but even when solo queuing? It’s a little ridiculous when someone gets a two hour queue solo queuing, and then the game says “I can’t give you a match” and kicks him out of queue.

As I’ve said, I wouldn’t consider Diamond+Amber duo as an exploit.
However full premade of Diamonds + 1 Amber seems to be completly different thing, especially when that Amber is an alt account…

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Maybe ALT accounts shouldn’t be allowed in ranked?

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt