Why Should I Play PvP?

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

As a semi-avid wvw’er why should I play pvp?

From the outside looking in it seems it’s just a single gamemode, completely detached from anything else in the game with zero progression and home to a tiny portion of the community. We got pvp in wvw and we got a dynamic gamemode in which to play it.

I sound like I might be trolling, I’m really not; I’m genuinely curious whether the pvp community, if given a chance, would uninvest the time they have put into pvp and place if in some other part of the game instead/should I even bother entering the mists?

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I enjoy PvP because I like the progression of rank. I’ve almost got my bear finisher now and I feel good about that. Particularly when ranks are removed and there’s no way for anyone else to get it . Also, it get a lot of freedom to try out new builds with new gear – something that’s not very easy in WvW since you have to slog to get the best gear.

But I have to admit – without the progression, I wouldn’t PvP. I feel good knowing I have skill, but it’s not enough. On the other hand, if I do well in WvW I don’t get any easily recognizable badge, gear, or whatever.

I’ve been avoiding WvW for precisely that reason – no progression. Whereas PvP gives me a very real sense of that.

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I don’t play sPVP for rank progression, but rather for fun. Don’t need a carrot to chase after. Much like how I play basketball; for fun.

PvP in WvW is entirely different than in tourney competitive nature of tPVP.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Competition, thrill of fight. Everyone can read boss mechanics and kill them, everyone can do damage on that gate or follow commander and listen when to spam that skill.
But it pvp its all up to you, you suck then you suck, people will destroy you, your team will loose and theres noone who can help you, no waypoint to recover from loose in pvp.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Ever since I got hooked on sPvP I find Pve & WvW boring…

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Rogue.8235

Rogue.8235

tPvP makes you a much better player. I’d argue that being well versed in all 3 PvX’s makes you a great player.

The Blind player

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i find wvw boring – you have to run around for ages to find a FAIR fight (30-60mins)

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

So you can get cool titles.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

The only thing I like about PvP is the fact I can run builds/gear/stats without investing 100s of Gold into leveling and gearing out characters.

In WvW you have to get ascended and food and oil and all that other stuff just to be on somewhat equal footing with the roamers.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

For me personally it’s titles and finishers, other then that I prefer WvW. PvP is limited to one game mode, and very limited stats. Also I can’t use my PvE gear that I worked for. What is good about PvP is how everyone is on equal footing from the get go, so there’s no gear grinding.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

PvP is nonstop action, no stacking and no running around for 30 minutes to find an enemy that isnt an npc.

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: gpassucc.5961

gpassucc.5961

PvP is nonstop action, no stacking and no running around for 30 minutes to find an enemy that isnt an npc.

Precisely. I used to roam a lot in WvW but have been on this pvp kick for a while now and it is so much better imo. If you like following commanders and large zerg fights you will probably not like pvp. If you like small scale engagements where one of the primary factors is your personal effort and skill then pvp is a much more enjoyable and fun experience.

I just got so tired of running around in WvW, taking supply camps, killing dolyaks and as soon as I would actually see an enemy they would either 1. run or 2. seventeen billion other people from their server would immediately show up. Not exactly my idea of fun :/

[EG] – SoR – Persies Sunreaver (war),
Persiës Sunreaver (ele), Persiës (ranger),
Gromphe Baenre (necro), Përsies (guard)

Why Should I Play PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

If you have to ask then you dont need to…