Why Warrior is the worst class in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

- Still no source of condi removal. ( Removing condi’s through burst skills is not what I call a viable option. Especially if you have to spend 20 points into defense which is basicly the worst kittening tree ever for warrior. )
- No kind of sustain what so ever.
- Only a handfull of builds we can go since we are forced to use berseker amulet
- Barely any usefull utilities. Since we got stability/stunbreaker skills left and right on every class it’s nearly impossible to land a bulls charge now. Not to forget the frenzy nerf that happend in the past which is basicly just saying to your enemy, “I’m taking an extra 25% dmg for the next 6 seconds so all you have to do is kite me a bit and I’m a free kill !”
- We are a melee class yet we can’t even hold our ground for more then 5 seconds when we are in the middle of the battle cause we just melt instantly.

Why is it that a melee class that is forced to engage into combo to hit any of his skills has no source of condi removal or sustain ?

Either make the warrior his skills hit targets easier or do something els. As how things are right now the class is unplayable.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

- Still no source of condi removal. ( Removing condi’s through burst skills is not what I call a viable option. Especially if you have to spend 20 points into defense which is basicly the worst kittening tree ever for warrior. )
- Only a handfull of builds we can go since we are forced to use berseker amulet
- Barely any usefull utilities. Since we got stability/stunbreaker skills left and right on every class it’s nearly impossible to land a bulls charge now. Not to forget the frenzy nerf that happend in the past which is basicly just saying to your enemy, “I’m taking an extra 25% dmg for the next 6 seconds so all you have to do is kite me a bit and I’m a free kill !”
We are a melee class yet we can’t even hold our ground for more then 5 seconds when we are in the middle of the battle cause we just melt instantly.

+Why is it that a melee class that is forced to engage into combo to hit any of his skills has no source of condi removal or sustain ?
Either make the warrior his skills hit targets easier or do something els. As how things are right now the class is unplayable.

This is our issue, along with slow and clunky animations and weapon skills.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

The thing is a melee class and most of the melee classes in all games the rely on support, but not on pressing 1 or 2 buttoms support, i mean constant support tru healing / removing stuff / buffing, if warrior are able to do this on their own they will become insane kitten machines and the forums will be filled with qq trains. Anet does not know how to fix em and they gona stay on that way.
Sure u can kill an entire team with a warrior but its very situational such as enemy bad positioning, dodging / blocking 2 ppl burst at the same time kitten like that.
unfortunately warrior is not like all the other warriors in all video games that u can be like " yo guyz im going in back me up" if u do that over here as a warrior u die and u hope to get rallied of something, but u can be a succesful warrior if u act as some sort of ninja or u wait every1 cds are done so u can be the star.

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

I don’t play warrior but I feel with you guys. Mele warrior is garbage. But what is funny, lately I saw condition longbow warriors whos were bigger threat for me then mele warriors. That’s a joke if you ask me. It’s all about conditions, the weapons with more conditions win as the conditions ruling the game atm. And I personally hate this meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

warriors need to be set up to deal with condition removal before hand there are some build for it but for warriors to be able to do well they are one of the 3 classes that takes a VERY skilled player to beat most others, they will not win against an equally skilled player on necro, mes, ele, guard, thief.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

It’s more that the concept of AoE is restricting the viability of the warrior, rather than the options of the class itself. Because Warrior in general is a well-doing class. PvE and WvW shows that the effectiveness is given (yep I should be burried for mentioning PvE in this forum).

The engage and retreat mechanic is in a bad place. Warriors rely so heavy on gap-closers, still there is no option to be immune to slowing conditions as cripple or chill while using them. Also he has to run to the target, without any defensive mechanic another class would bring (invis, ports, blurred-frenzy….).

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

The first problem with warrior is that every animation is slooow, when i fight another warrior i simply know every skill that this guy is going to use, and almost everything is dodgeable too easily.
The second problem is not conditions in general imo, the real problem is that in the current meta too many classes can spam blinds, and one single “miss” in our rotation can turn the fight, and that’s really bad, when i use my ele i dont even watch the blinds.

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

They are not the worst class. They can even FLY…

http://www.twitch.tv/xsuperxgw2/c/2518615

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Warriors are punished for trying to get into range to do damage.

The meta appears to be aoe condition application and a class which needs to be 130 away to do its business has no place in this environment. Which is why the logbow is becoming the new warrior meta, and why the greatsword is slotted not for its cleaving dps but for its evade and movement.

Besides, whats the use of getting to your target only to have them blink or stealth away?

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Because they’re terribly predictable, dangerous warriors are those you don’t know what are they going to do…sadly they’re like 5% of the total, and when you dunno what is going to happen it’s way easier to get hit…and they hit hard for sure when they manage to land something (Not hb)..i would say 60% anet fault not to give decent options for a more various playstyle to warriors but 40% fault is warrior player’s for sure…or at least those who just go with the same skill chain everytime no matter what…and that’s the main difference from good and bad mesmers too, pressing a series of keys is a thing…doing it right, at the right time chosing your stuff based on who you’re facing it’s a totally different story..predictable and static rotations may work in hotjoin, but not vs good ppl in tpvp..for sure..

Really think someone still believes this is the right way to play (No matter the class)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwRTfgR3DQ

[Worse pvp player i’ve ever seen…ever, i swear..and 10k views lol]

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

To OP, because you’re balanced.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

- We are a melee class yet we can’t even hold our ground for more then 5 seconds when we are in the middle of the battle cause we just melt instantly.

Why is it that a melee class that is forced to engage into combo to hit any of his skills has no source of condi removal or sustain ?

Warriors aren’t forced to use Berserker amulet. There are builds with perma fury that can use Soldiers or Valkyrie’s.

I think Warrior’s should start thinking of something other than 100 blades.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Warriors aren’t forced to use Berserker amulet. There are builds with perma fury that can use Soldiers or Valkyrie’s.

Ah yes the ol’ classic “you warriors are stupid and just need to try new stuff”. As if this game hasn’t been out for almost a year and we haven’t tried everything already.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

To OP, because you’re balanced.

R.I.P. guild wars 1 & good pvp

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I can only add this. I used my guardian with great sword in training area. I used only auto attack on the moving golem…there were period of 3-4 seconds+ I was just following behind him not able to make a hit..and that’s following that golem, let alone a player using speed buffs, evades, blocks and most importantly -attacking you-

I then moved on to the pistol thief. First of all you can’t target them with target closest. You have to physically click on them. In the time it took me to make 10 clean hits;
I had been evaded 4 times (With multiple evades in each evade.)
Blinded 4 times
Dazed 3 times
Stealthed once.

In order for me to make those 10 clean auto attack hits, I had attempted 30-ish contacts. This give me a hit window percentage of 30-ish %. Again this is A.I controlled and not doing the purposeful evasions of human players like dodging forward and thru you to totally negate all damage until you can turn 180 degrees.

After that I just gave up melee class.

The sole decisive reason thief remains the most viable melee class..high rate of movement speed applied in a permanent way. There was a reason in past games why casters got self rooted on long cast powerful spells. Instead in this game it is the melee classes with no perma movement boost that have skills that self root them.

If The developers didn’t see this as an issue, then I am not going to try and persuade them. I understand they gave gap closing moves..but they’re so buggy and twitchy they cannot be reliably trusted.

Re-roll..preferably a profession that features well in Tpvp or gets invited to state of the game. You’ll be happier for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Really think someone still believes this is the right way to play (No matter the class)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwRTfgR3DQ

[Worse pvp player i’ve ever seen…ever, i swear..and 10k views lol]

I didn’t know Jeff Winger played GW2 :0

Hoopa doopa.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I laugh of bulls/stun 100b combos, they rarely takes 5k of me The sweet thing is after bull’s charge or stun ends, and my conditions continues dealing massive dmg

I just prey hands when i find a warrior alone, make me feels invincible

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in PvP

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

dude you’re one of those people who still runs a glass cannon a/s gs combo, no wonder you’re terrible. there are a lot of problems with the warrior class, but not necessarily what you listed. you need to learn to play and change the title to “why i’m the worst warrior in pvp”

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

(edited by Barret.4095)

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Warriors are an extreme case.

If the enemy brings ranged condition spam, I can’t do nothing against them.
They remove immobilize no matter how often you apply it, close-in skills are useless as they just dodge away and stay in range, and since they can both move and attack, and conditions do damage for them while they run around like headless chickens, any melee warriors will be useless against these cheap and mindless condition spam builds.

Just just fire away mashing buttons and run around while they inevitably die.

But if they bring no condition spam, they are dead. I’ll get close to them eventually, and inevitably destroy them.

There should be no such extreme cases.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

1. You can remove 3 Conditions with Burst Skills by putting 20 points into the Defense line you have, I have to put 30 Puts in Wilderness to transfer 3 Conditions to my pet. You also have numerous other talents to remove Conditions not related to damage like Chill/Cripple/Immo so that your condition removal doesn’t remove those. You have Berserker Stance and Shake it Off, with Berserker Stance probably being the closest thing to the Ranger’s SoR ability. The only actual leg up i’ll say that Ranger’s have on Condition Removal vs Warriors is Healing Spring, which a vast majority of Ranger do not run.

2. Again, You have no Substain because you don’t gear for Substain, Adrenal heal will almost do 10k heal with full Clerics/Apothecary Gear…That’s the Equiv of my Troll Ungent…Generally you can use a Burst Skill to remove 3 conditions then Adrenal Heal thus giving you full bar again…. Which again can be used to remove conditions of have your substain heal going (which heals for around 500 or so every 3 seconds, Which is about the Equiv of what a Ranger can heal for every 3 seconds as well) However I will admit you will lose out unless you run Warhorn on converting conditions, Because that’s your only real way of getting Protection besides Rune of Forge (which I would consider on a Warrior for Sure)

3. You’re not forced into it, The people of your class just have a mentality for it…Probably from playing WoW.

4. You have vastly superior Utilities in this game compared to a lot of classes, certainly better then the Ranger.

5. You can’t hold your ground because you don’t gear or spec for it..

Again…..Ranger’s are not running around with Full Berserker Gear or Carrion Gear killing people….Ranger’s are running around in full Clerics/or Apothecary Gear…. Mostly because we’re forced into that role based on the lack of utility and burst damage…But we have to last in the fight, so we do that by gearing specifically for that purpose…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: Nukk.3492

Nukk.3492

There’s nothing fundamentally wrong with the warrior. Why he’s weak is because bunker setups which spew out AoE are too strong. If you’re going to bunker then fine, have your sustain and go for attrition rather that brute up front damage but don’t then give them the ability to stack might (which circumvents investment into power) while spewing out AoE which is already too frequent and too strong.

Making warrior viable in this mess is going about it the totally wrong way imo. Fix the source of the problem and curtail the AoE.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

There’s nothing fundamentally wrong with the warrior. Why he’s weak is because bunker setups which spew out AoE are too strong. If you’re going to bunker then fine, have your sustain and go for attrition rather that brute up front damage but don’t then give them the ability to stack might (which circumvents investment into power) while spewing out AoE which is already too frequent and too strong.

Making warrior viable in this mess is going about it the totally wrong way imo. Fix the source of the problem and curtail the AoE.

it’s not like devs don’t know this
but it would affect pve too much

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

What this man said

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Troll unguent is on a 25 seconds cooldown, and works always at 100% efficiency. Not the same can be said for healing surge.

Valkyrie Amulet is just insulting for us: we get almost nothing from healing power. If it had some precision or some protection on it I’d gladly use it. Viable? Maybe, even if I think soldier might be better. But people are already trying it. Just go and take a look at the forums. We whine, but we also come up with something.
And, right now, the most popular weapon for warrior might be longbow. Ironic, ain’t it?

However, wouldn’t it be great if all animations were predictable and recognizable like the ones from the warrior?

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

better increase our melee weapon range like guardians can do ranged attack with melee weapons.
that`s the only thing viable in this game anyway, ranged, aoes. thats why warrior lb is a viable weapon so are rifle and gs at some point.

oh want to make a weapon even more awesome? add damage mitigations. like 4 of LB!

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: StSwfx.3754

StSwfx.3754

Its not like any glass builds are doing well anyway outside of maybe shatter Mesmer or Ele. Guardian is far more effective and its hardly run either.

in PvP

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

Ah yes the ol’ classic “you warriors are stupid and just need to try new stuff”. As if this game hasn’t been out for almost a year and we haven’t tried everything already.

you haven’t tried everything, I use a very good build that id be willing to be few ppl use.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Because the players want to play it like its just PvE!

also… because of the bad fame, warriors have viable builds now, its just that people still think they are a free meal and focus target them no matter how hard they are to kill

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

1. You can remove 3 Conditions with Burst Skills by putting 20 points into the Defense line you have, I have to put 30 Puts in Wilderness to transfer 3 Conditions to my pet. You also have numerous other talents to remove Conditions not related to damage like Chill/Cripple/Immo so that your condition removal doesn’t remove those. You have Berserker Stance and Shake it Off, with Berserker Stance probably being the closest thing to the Ranger’s SoR ability. The only actual leg up i’ll say that Ranger’s have on Condition Removal vs Warriors is Healing Spring, which a vast majority of Ranger do not run.

2. Again, You have no Substain because you don’t gear for Substain, Adrenal heal will almost do 10k heal with full Clerics/Apothecary Gear…That’s the Equiv of my Troll Ungent…Generally you can use a Burst Skill to remove 3 conditions then Adrenal Heal thus giving you full bar again…. Which again can be used to remove conditions of have your substain heal going (which heals for around 500 or so every 3 seconds, Which is about the Equiv of what a Ranger can heal for every 3 seconds as well) However I will admit you will lose out unless you run Warhorn on converting conditions, Because that’s your only real way of getting Protection besides Rune of Forge (which I would consider on a Warrior for Sure)

3. You’re not forced into it, The people of your class just have a mentality for it…Probably from playing WoW.

4. You have vastly superior Utilities in this game compared to a lot of classes, certainly better then the Ranger.

5. You can’t hold your ground because you don’t gear or spec for it..

Again…..Ranger’s are not running around with Full Berserker Gear or Carrion Gear killing people….Ranger’s are running around in full Clerics/or Apothecary Gear…. Mostly because we’re forced into that role based on the lack of utility and burst damage…But we have to last in the fight, so we do that by gearing specifically for that purpose…

Your post shows a classic case of another class looking at warrior on paper and going “looks good to me.”

1. While Cleansing Ire is a decent new trait it is still inferior to rangers because of blinds. They are easily spammed and as a result only LB and Sword bursts are consistently good at removing said conditions. Berserker Stance is a good concept but it only lasts a pitiful 4 second and most importantly it does not remove the conditions currently on you. Most rangers don’t run healing spring? Now that’s a laugh and a half and is basically a downright lie.

2. Gearing for sustain huh? Guess what, no sane warrior would use “full Clerics/Apothecary Gear.” You know why? Because it reduces our DPS to pitiful levels while increasing our survivability very little. Toughness and healing power do not sustain make in GW2. Sustain comes from blocks, protection, teleports, and evades. Warrior lack most of these things in any major capacity. With “full Clerics/Apothecary Gear” It would = your Troll Ungent WITHOUT YOU RUNNING “full Clerics/Apothecary Gear.”

3. Yes. We are forced into Zerker Ammy because as I said before warriors can not relay on stacking burning, poison, bleeds constantly while our pet also supply additional DPS. Longbow and sword can only apply 2 conditions, and they can’t apply them nearly as often as other condition based builds, which means we can’t run a build in line with the current meta.

4. Superior Utilities? Rangers don’t rely on their utilities to survive because they have such good weapon skills. Warrior utilities in no way make up for our inherit deficiencies.

5. See 2.

In conclusion, if you haven’t played warrior for a significant period of time, don’t comment on how everyone who has been playing a warrior for the past year is bad at the game and doing it wrong. If you have some magical build that those of us n the Warrior forum have somehow managed to overlook, please, share it with us. And that applies to EVERYONE saying that we’re doing it wrong, give us this build that will suddenly make us 100% TPvP viable.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

its rock paper scizzors condition damage based characters won’t do good on those who have alot of cleanses while those who focus too much on cleansing conditions won’t do as good against those with lots of crit burst damage.
As for removing conditions:
melandru, trait that shortens condition duration + sigil that lets you remove conditions on crit.
Quite honestly you won’t need much more condi removal.

As for a longbow warrior being more scary than a melee one.
in comparison:
light armor, lowest health, average damage, mediocre mobility elementalists having to go D/D since Staff gets them killed.

This game isn’t like other games, you got a longbow and it works? then use it.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

its rock paper scizzors condition damage based characters won’t do good on those who have alot of cleanses while those who focus too much on cleansing conditions won’t do as good against those with lots of crit burst damage.
As for removing conditions:
melandru, trait that shortens condition duration + sigil that lets you remove conditions on crit.
Quite honestly you won’t need much more condi removal.

As for a longbow warrior being more scary than a melee one.
in comparison:
light armor, lowest health, average damage, mediocre mobility elementalists having to go D/D since Staff gets them killed.

This game isn’t like other games, you got a longbow and it works? then use it.

Most condition based builds have so much +duration that Mel runes still don’t reduce the duration enough to not be overwhelmed by Necros or Engis. Also, I’m pretty sure no one uses Sigil of Purity because it has a 10 second cooldown. Even if you ran everything you listed it wouldn’t be enough, and not to mention your DPS would be so poor you would still lose because their sustain would still be better.

Also, didn’t staff get buffed? I seem to recall encountering more of them in PvP recently.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Posted by: Hector.6950

Hector.6950

Warrior, the new Ranger!
I’ve played ranger since this game first got out. Now that Anet nerfed every viable build out there I rerolled to warrior. I play both longbow/rifle warrior now and I’m very succesfull with it. I’m having more fun playing a warriorranger then playing a ranger right now, which does feel a little weird. Melee warriors are carbage though, only getting blinded, stomped or cond spammed. Only when mars is alligned with he moon you seem to be able to land a hit. Gotto love when the hammer hits though! Epic

(edited by Hector.6950)

in PvP

Posted by: Praxis.6289

Praxis.6289

Bro, warriors are fine.

<insert a 100 blades warrior pwning newbs youtube video here>

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Bro, warriors are fine.

<insert a 100 blades warrior pwning newbs youtube video here>

What about a 100 blades warrior pwning golems?XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

My problem with warrior is that I can spec to be a beastly 1v1 duelist/roamer, or a beastly team support CC monster, but never the two shall meet and any attempt to find a middle ground is just bad at everything.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I have played warrior since my first log. Warrir has condi removal with lysa runes/sigal(cant remeber). The troble i run into is the slow activation time of key abilities I get beat when i go for interupts, or pop my elite