Why am I being paired with the same person?

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

For the past 3 games I’ve been paired up with the same person that have intentionally thrown games. (ie sitting at lord doing nothing, while the doors are still up)

The other team’s excuse was I was being paired with a person with similar mmr. How is this remotely possible?

in PvP

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

That guy was probably intentionally lowering his MMR so he can climb up the ranks in a lower MMR pool (easier for him)

The new system matches you against players in the same division/pip-range. And parties you with players of similar MMR.

When he was dropping his MMR by throwing games, he also dropped yours and you both moved down together and stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

That guy was probably intentionally lowering his MMR so he can climb up the ranks in a lower MMR pool (easier for him)

The new system matches you against players in the same division/pip-range. And parties you with players of similar MMR.

When he was dropping his MMR by throwing games, he also dropped yours and you both moved down together and stuff.

There is zero benefit to lowering your MMR this season. It doesnt determine your matchup, only the teammates that you get. And you said that, so I don’t know how you could possibly come to the conclusion that you did.. but its wrong.

OP if you don’t like your teammates, wait a minute or two before queueing again.