Why am I facing people in higher league?

in PvP

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

the title says it all im in Ruby and several matches i have faced people in a league higher than my own and im solo que so ya

Attachments:

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

As you get closer to finishing a division, you have typically gained enough wins that your MMR is equivalent to the low players of the next division.

This is very common at the edge of divisions. It means that you are getting better.

Another solution is that the diamonds are all mmr tanked to a good ruby mmr

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Kenage Achalarus.4276

dosnt MMR adjust for solo que vs teamming up with people cause i would imagine that my MMR would be lower due to the unpredictibility of my team mates (had a guardian stand on home the hole time and didnt do anything)

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

How close to diamond are you? For my last 3 or 4 pips in ruby I was teamed with and fought, what I assume to be, low diamonds.

in PvP

Kenage Achalarus.4276

was in tier 4 in Ruby and ive been smacking my face to my keyboard just trying to get wins lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OP, that’s normal. Facing players 1 tier above you is ok . I have been fighting mix of diamonds/legendary/ruby through entire ruby division~

Thing is leagues are a joke, a grind fest and got widely exploited. There are a lot of people in diamond/legendary that wouldn’t even leave 50% on old leaderboards (before it turned to farmboards).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

It’s a ridiculous design choice by ANet, it undermines their league system.

On principle leagues says that a ruby player is not as skilled as a diamond player so therefore doesn’t deserve the higher tier until its earned. Now obviously that isn’t true with what we know. But ANet are the ones that created this silly league, its a short coming on their behalf that they can simply ignore that.

Why undermine your system by creating this grey area (your the same, but different).

The entire point of Leagues is to progress. Honestly, wouldn’t you rather have a team of ruby players that DESPERATELY want to get into diamond. Then be matched with a diamond that is currently tanking his MMR before he pushes.

When I’m in Ruby I want Ruby opponets, when Im in diamond I want diamond opponents. If your making me fight players in tiers above me then PUT ME IN THAT TIER.

Once again Anet misses the mark.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Kenage Achalarus.4276

alright after 10 hours of being in tier 4 in ruby i fianlly broke into dimond lastnight at 12am PST. so i really hope they reevaluate solo que and adjust pips. 10 hours is insane to go up 2 tiers

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

Welcome to hell. The amount of bad I’ve seen in diamond is staggering, it’s worse than amber.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

alright after 10 hours of being in tier 4 in ruby i fianlly broke into dimond lastnight at 12am PST. so i really hope they reevaluate solo que and adjust pips. 10 hours is insane to go up 2 tiers

Why is it insane? Not everyone deserves to be ranked highly. This whole mindset blows me away. The only reason more than half of the players are even in legendary is because they were able to cheese the system. This everyone deserves a medal mentality is getting out of hand.

in PvP

Kenage Achalarus.4276

Why is it insane? Not everyone deserves to be ranked highly. This whole mindset blows me away. The only reason more than half of the players are even in legendary is because they were able to cheese the system. This everyone deserves a medal mentality is getting out of hand.

whats insane about it is yes i did play a couple of hours with friends but the MMR system is trying to push a 50% Win to lose racio and when you do solo que you dont know exactally how good your team is at all you may have some players just camp home and others that may push far and get wrecked and constantally feed enimie teams. or a player going 1v3 or 1v4 on mid and even if you tell them jsut regroupe its up to the team mate if he decedise he wants to listen. and several solo que matches was make or break about 498 to 500 and i lost and lost a pip. the insane part is 10 hours and only getting 2 tiers.