Why am I not aloud to win a pvp match?

in PvP

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

I have been on this losing streak for 3 weeks. I mean this is redicilous. Is it because " I am where I am suppose to be therefore I can never win a match again?"

Because if that is the case all it is going to do is make me stop playing.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

It’s not your fault, the MMR is random is biased against low MMR players. I know the feeling, lots of threads have been made on the topic …

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

have you tried playing reaper ?

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Your vitality looks a bit off, what build are you using?

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Your vitality looks a bit off, what build are you using?

Runes of leadership I’d guess. Still this comp seems off overall.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

It’s not your fault, the MMR is random is biased against low MMR players. I know the feeling,

First step, stop blaming the matchmaking. It’s almost certainly the player’s fault. This week we got a pug complaining that he lost like 15 in a row and matchmaking sucks, then he proceeded to throw the game by losing to classes he’s supposed to counter, wiping under 2-3 seconds in every fight. He singlehandedly ended our winstreak of 25-30.

If you have a lose streak bigger than 3-4 matches, you’re the problem, and denying it won’t help you climb.

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

have you tried playing reaper ?

once again reaper to the rescue !! that’s all you need

lol – I have tried reaper not helped me one bit

in PvP

godsie.2864

It’s not your fault, the MMR is random is biased against low MMR players. I know the feeling,

First step, stop blaming the matchmaking. It’s almost certainly the player’s fault. This week we got a pug complaining that he lost like 15 in a row and matchmaking sucks, then he proceeded to throw the game by losing to classes he’s supposed to counter, wiping under 2-3 seconds in every fight. He singlehandedly ended our winstreak of 25-30.

If you have a lose streak bigger than 3-4 matches, you’re the problem, and denying it won’t help you climb.

for the umpteenth time its a TEAM game !!
I recognized that a long time ago and have worked so hard to improve and I definitely have from the start but my MMR is historical and I admit I cannot carry a whole team

so I have done all that everyone “leet” on these forums suggest and it has helped me a lot in my play but unfortunately its a team game so I was screwed long time ago – never mind – I will keep working to “git gud” as every elitist’s answer to everything

I don’t want to be carried just the chance to play with some people who vaguely know what they are doing – but I can wish !!

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Even if it is their own low level of skill, you should’ve been able to carry the guy if your team was so good. Besides his MMR should’ve made it impossible for him to even join your match, he should’ve been in a lower level fight. So while he may have caused your defeat, he never should’ve been there in the first place. That’s how MMR fails.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I recognized that a long time ago and have worked so hard to improve and I definitely have from the start but my MMR is historical and I admit I cannot carry a whole team

so I have done all that everyone “leet” on these forums suggest and it has helped me a lot in my play but unfortunately its a team game so I was screwed long time ago – never mind – I will keep working to “git gud” as every elitist’s answer to everything

I don’t want to be carried just the chance to play with some people who vaguely know what they are doing – but I can wish !!

I start realizing its a state of mind.

Some people are brought up in families where its normal to be on wellfare/government support. Where its normal that you call in sick at school or at your job every month. Where its normal to blame the economic crisis for you not having a job.

And its always someone elses fault!

Point is; some people play the excuse game their entire life. Its always someones elses fault that you suck. I get it.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

@godsie, Everyone with half a brain knows this seasons matchmaking fails but trolls will be trolls cuz thats the only thing they know how to be. You don’t have to justify or explain anything to them also if you keep feeding them they just keep trolling more cuz no mater how much you feed em they never get full. Do what I do… just point and laugh and let them be.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Just do what I do

WIN

Attachments:

in PvP

godsie.2864

I start realizing its a state of mind.

Some people are brought up in families where its normal to be on wellfare/government support. Where its normal that you call in sick at school or at your job every month. Where its normal to blame the economic crisis for you not having a job.

And its always someone elses fault!

Point is; some people play the excuse game their entire life. Its always someones elses fault that you suck. I get it.

I have also stated I know and recognize my own faults and that I am not exempt from this – I know where I should be and I have a lot to answer for as well but I am trying my hardest to learn and improve as I have always stated – all I am asking for is a chance to show and carry on improving , and yes some is MY fault I never said otherwise

in PvP

godsie.2864

@godsie, Everyone with half a brain knows this seasons matchmaking fails but trolls will be trolls cuz thats the only thing they know how to be. You don’t have to justify or explain anything to them also if you keep feeding them they just keep trolling more cuz no mater how much you feed em they never get full. Do what I do… just point and laugh and let them be.

I will remember that thanks for your post actually does help as well

in PvP

godsie.2864

Just do what I do

WIN

aww if only!! in my dreams – I would take a set of 3 consecutive wins at this point!

in PvP

Posted by: Chertograd.7984

Chertograd.7984

i experience sth. quite similar. Won about 90% until Ruby T4, then i lost EVERYTHING in a row, so now I’m back on T0. I cant image I suddenly forgot how to play properly?!

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

godsie does have a point. There’s only so much 1 player can do against 5 other players. Let’s say for examples sake, 1 really skilled player is teamed up with 4 very new players, against 5 really skilled players, it’s obvious which team would win.

I’m not saying this as someone that is looking for excuses, as I win more often than lose and I’ve had no problems myself during the PvP season, climbing the divisions, but it is true that team work is vital in a team based game.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Just because someone has a different experience and or opinion does not make them a troll.

But the blame everyone else strategy works for some people i guess.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

godsie.2864

Just because someone has a different experience and or opinion does not make them a troll.

does not work for me

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Why are you using berserker amulet anyway?

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

does not work for me

then i suggest changing strategies. as your current one is not working. If only anet could be more like the govt.

in PvP

godsie.2864

I have gone through multiple strategies already believe me

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

ok you are right clearly you have tried everything and have improved to the point where you are probably the best player in the game, its clearly just the man keeping you down, i think i got an email from the devs about how anyone that ends up on your team is supposed to just not try.

in PvP

godsie.2864

ok you are right clearly you have tried everything and have improved to the point where you are probably the best player in the game, its clearly just the man keeping you down, i think i got an email from the devs about how anyone that ends up on your team is supposed to just not try.

I have never claimed to the best and never want to attain legendary rank judging by the attitudes of most people in higher divisions. I am continuing to try and improve – obviously I have a lot to learn but because of my historical MMR it is very hard to show that progress no matter what I do. I freely admit I cannot carry teams I don’t have or will ever have that skill – but I can play my part I feel better. I just wish to have a chance to enjoy pvp and good matches.

(edited by godsie.2864)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

The strategy for matching solo players up has some problems that I think will be fixed next season. The only foolproof way to get out of the snowball is to find some other players around your skill level and team up with them. Three players can break the snowball easily (In my experience). Even two can make a difference.

Don’t listen to the trolls. I am sure you are not ESL caliber (neither am I), but it’s fair to say things are tilted against you. Be really nice to everyone and open in chat at the start of a match. Say what you are planning to do, even tell your allies you are on a horrible snowball, do your best, remain positive, draw on map, etc.

If you find a good ally, add them as friend and try to team up. I had a lot of help this season from friends and the matches went from horrid to exciting. Good luck, keep playing your best and use your social prowess to overcome the system.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I have never claimed to the best and never want to attain legendary rank judging by the attitudes of most people in higher divisions.

Hey, hey, we’re not all bad. Even some of the ESL players have been pointing out there are problems. Some of us really enjoy the game and care that there are problems. I would be surprised if NeXeD is legendary, even more if he is any good…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

godsie.2864

The strategy for matching solo players up has some problems that I think will be fixed next season. The only foolproof way to get out of the snowball is to find some other players around your skill level and team up with them. Three players can break the snowball easily (In my experience). Even two can make a difference.

Don’t listen to the trolls. I am sure you are not ESL caliber (neither am I), but it’s fair to say things are tilted against you. Be really nice to everyone and open in chat at the start of a match. Say what you are planning to do, even tell your allies you are on a horrible snowball, do your best, remain positive, draw on map, etc.

If you find a good ally, add them as friend and try to team up. I had a lot of help this season from friends and the matches went from horrid to exciting. Good luck, keep playing your best and use your social prowess to overcome the system.

A very helpful post thanks – I will try my best I do sometimes ask in map chat and also if I find a good match with nice team afterwards ask if they want to team up again but most don’t respond – however your post gives me bit of hope

so once again thanks -

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

A) Matchmaking. If youre thrown together with low players(rightfully or mmrhell, doesnt matter) it gets harder unless you can carry hard (aka chronophantasma)
B) Experience. We cant see it but you have played approximately 900 games. That aint much. Youve also played a lot of different professions instead of focusing and mastering one. Rev being your favourite profession you likely havent played much pre-hot.
C)Build. You realize youre playing with a zerker amulet rev? Cant work, just…cant.
D)Swapping. Your current comp consists of 5 damage dealers. That would be the kind of match where you swap to ele (or in your case engi).
e) I dont know, what division you are in or how well you play, but you might deserve to be where you are and arent meant to advance further. Bad enough the seasons alow grinding.

(edited by Asrat.2645)

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I have never claimed to the best and never want to attain legendary rank judging by the attitudes of most people in higher divisions.

Hey, hey, we’re not all bad. Even some of the ESL players have been pointing out there are problems. Some of us really enjoy the game and care that there are problems. I would be surprised if NeXeD is legendary, even more if he is any good…

havent claimed to be good or legendary even once. go ahead try and find it. ive constantly said that im not a great player. But im not going to attribute my losses to anyone other than myself with the exception of a DC.

although i will admit i do have around an 80% win rate in season 2.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I started season 2 late and played pretty casually but what i did was start playing solo Q. When i had a good match or even a bad match i would whisper someone who i felt was playing decently and asked if they wanted to duo Q. Most times they would say yes. We would then play another match. Depends on how we felt we would either stay duo q or invite another to make a Trio.

We never went higher than Trio.

I made enough similarly ranked friends to be able to duo q at least half my matches (probably 75% of my matches). This enabled me to keep approx 65-70% win rate this season without trying too hard.

(I played Scrapper, DH and Rev depending on team comp)

Teaming with someone you feel plays decently reduces the “OMG you guys are all noobs” effect.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

godsie.2864

havent claimed to be good or legendary even once. go ahead try and find it. ive constantly said that im not a great player. But im not going to attribute my losses to anyone other than myself with the exception of a DC.

although i will admit i do have around an 80% win rate in season 2.

you must have no afker’s in any of your matches then – well that’s nice for you

in PvP

godsie.2864

I started season 2 late and played pretty casually but what i did was start playing solo Q. When i had a good match or even a bad match i would whisper someone who i felt was playing decently and asked if they wanted to duo Q. Most times they would say yes. We would then play another match. Depends on how we felt we would either stay duo q or invite another to make a Trio.

We never went higher than Trio.

I made enough similarly ranked friends to be able to duo q at least half my matches (probably 75% of my matches). This enabled me to keep approx 65-70% win rate this season without trying too hard.

(I played Scrapper, DH and Rev depending on team comp)

Teaming with someone you feel plays decently reduces the “OMG you guys are all noobs” effect.

will keep trying with that advice thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

I dunno, I mean this just happened.

I’m not sure if my team of diamond were just THAT good and had to fight better players, no a better overall team, for this to happen.

The queue was pretty fast/average too, wasn’t any 10+ min type of thing, more along the lines of 3-5 min.

EDIT : Changed the pic and it’s being wonky maybe.
Either way, it was full diamond vs full legendary.

Attachments:

(edited by Takato.4976)

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

I’m not sure if my team of diamond were just THAT good and had to fight better players, no a better overall team, for this to happen.

The queue was pretty fast/average too, wasn’t any 10+ min type of thing, more along the lines of 3-5 min.

Explanation is simple they were lower level legends vs upper level diamond. Only the diamonds were in your MMR range while only legendaries were available in one of the legendaries MMR range.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

First, refrain from replying to my posy IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW how the algorithm works.

Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

I saw players in this season who basically could have gone afk at the beginning and it would not have made a difference. From the outside, it is hard to determine whether you belong to this group or not. Hence, we cannot say whether matchmaking works and you are just bad or matchmaking does not work and you have ex ante no chance to win.

However, what your example illustrates is that the current season could be frustrating for bad players or for players who are perceived as bad by the sytem independent of whether matchmaking works as planned.

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

The title is triggering me. IT’S ALLOWED GUY, NOT ALOUD, ALLOWED!

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Matchmaking its a mess, MMR is busted, balance is bad. But if you’re in a loss streak for THREE WEEKS it’s definitely your own fault.

Pumpkin – Mag

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Why am I not allowed to win a pvp match?

you did win, at least your screenshot says so.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Explanation is simple they were lower level legends vs upper level diamond. Only the diamonds were in your MMR range while only legendaries were available in one of the legendaries MMR range.

pretty close but:

there is no such thing as “lower level legend” to matchmaking, once you get to legend matchmaking ignores pip range except that you prolly shouldnt ever see a diamond lower than about t5.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

pretty close but:

there is no such thing as “lower level legend” to matchmaking, once you get to legend matchmaking ignores pip range except that you prolly shouldnt ever see a diamond lower than about t5.

There is lower legend read the algorithm again. It’s even explicitly said in the post:

As we’ve mentioned previously, Ranked matchmaking in PvP during season two will now be based primarily on your current division placement and a predetermined “pip range” that extends from that spot. We’ll search for other players that fall within your pip range (which can extend outside of your division depending on where you’re currently placed) and pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own. We’ll then find you opponents within that same pip range and pair them against you, regardless of their skill level. For players that queue as a pre-made group, the pip range that we’ll use to find you both teammates and opponents will be based off of the player with the highest division placement in your group (which, as a reminder, is a change that we’ve already introduced to the game prior to the end of season one).

source

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

pretty close but:

There is lower legend read the algorithm again. It’s even explicitly said in the post:

As we’ve mentioned previously, Ranked matchmaking in PvP during season two will now be based primarily on your current division placement and a predetermined “pip range” that extends from that spot. We’ll search for other players that fall within your pip range (which can extend outside of your division depending on where you’re currently placed) and pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own. We’ll then find you opponents within that same pip range and pair them against you, regardless of their skill level. For players that queue as a pre-made group, the pip range that we’ll use to find you both teammates and opponents will be based off of the player with the highest division placement in your group (which, as a reminder, is a change that we’ve already introduced to the game prior to the end of season one).

source

uh huh

and then at legendary, since its a “repeatable” division, youre just in a pool with other legendary players and high diamonds because otherwise that guy who is currently 29 legendary prestige would never get a queue pop.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I’ve run into so many of those kinds of players who, once the first wipe happens, start putting their teammates on blast despite being kitten themselves.

And they are so very certain of themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Hah i had one like the other day. A mesmer on our team kept complaining in team chat the whole game how he gets awful teammates. I was in a duo Q with my buddy. We lost.

Next match we face against him. First thing is does in map chat is complain how he’s getting awful team mates. We win this time. Even his teammates said in map chat “you’re not exactly carrying yourself here buddy!”

Notice the connection here?

There are obviously some kind of matchmaking problems as admitted to by the Devs but there is also a lot of people who like to blame others and not look at how they are playing.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

“pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own. We’ll then find you opponents within that same pip range and pair them against you, regardless of their skill level.”

^^
That’s why – And that is why the whole season has been A pile of Kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Yea I don’t think most people would say this was a fun or remotely fair season (fair matches = fun battles= the will to continue playing) except for some of the PVEers who never play pvp who said it was super easy getting to legendary this season >.<

Also most people weren’t paired with teammates who had similar skill levels, how can you say people who have been pvping for years and had a pretty high win rate in pvp for most of that time has the same skill level as a team of people who never played pvp until right now……that’s just crazyness. Same skill level my kitten . Maybe some one should look up the definition of skill level before they make a statement like that.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

in PvP

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

Just do what I do

WIN

Out of 56 games you had 6 losses one desertion and 49 wins, which is incredible, kudos to you. (i am not sarcastic here)
Out of 49 wins, 32 are games you won with a lead of 250 points or more, which is the best statement anyone could ever make that the matchmaking system is completely non functional.

Wouldnt you, as a player be happier if your opponents were not complete muppets either?

I am not suggesting that you got carried by your MMR or teammates, but if this is solo queue, its pretty obvious that most of those matches were decided by vastly inferior oponents, rather than player skill.

“pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own. We’ll then find you opponents within that same pip range and pair them against you, regardless of their skill level.”

^^
That’s why – And that is why the whole season has been A pile of Kitten

This.

Out of the ~30-40 ranked matches i have played this season there were literally only three where i felt “hey, had i performed a little better this could have been a win!” or “that was a close one, had i not capped that point back then, we’d have lost.”

Either my teammates were complete muppets and were barley able to walk straight lines without falling over, or the opposing team were overwhelmingly well coordinated. Or i fought against people that basically repeatedly ran into their own swords.

Fair fights were so seldom, i remember a 450-500 map, where i fought over every single point with claws and teeth and had to perform to my utmost. For me it was the most fun game i had in ranked, and i wrote as such in the map chat afterwards. And the enemy team echoed me enthusiasticly. I chatted up with one of the enemy players afterwards and he told me the same thing, matches lean overwhelmingly one way or another and its just no fun.

And even though i wasnt doing badly on ranked, i completely stopped playing that gamemode. Unranked queue gave me vastly more fun fights, and i’ll not bash my head against the wall to grind for ugly wings when i am playing a game for fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Fair fights were so seldom,

You know why even fights seem to be a rarity?

Since this meta isnt bunkery. So matches tend to snowball in one way or the other. Single players can steamroll players below their level of play in record time.

If you want the game to have more even matches youre basicly asking to lower the skillfloor/ceiling and increase overall sustain.

in PvP

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

Since this meta isnt bunkery. So matches tend to snowball in one way or the other. Single players can steamroll players below their level of play in record time.

If you want the game to have more even matches youre basicly asking to lower the skillfloor/ceiling and increase overall sustain.

Yeah, burst power builds are all the rage. Everyone is playing it!

I am asking for matchmaking that considers MMR of both party and opponents, so everyone is matched against players of similar skill, rather than with.

Not a huge meta change. (of which you seem to have a funny idea anyhow)

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Lmao, wow unbelievable, just to show how far someone would go to defend his. Have you been watching the ESL tourney? And like the dude above me said, he wants 5 vs 5 … not 1 vs 10 or 10 vs 1.