Why anet will save the game by removing cele

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

For those who are new to the game you might not remember the early metas which were based around specific team roles, team work, clever rotations and build diversity.

Whilst it is true that elementalist was too strong for a long time, the meta in general was pretty fun for everybody.

Firstly everybody could play the role they wanted. Support focussed players could play a bunker guardian. Dps players could play a thief or a mesmer and do well. People who enjoyed back point 1v1s could play rangers and eles. Condition players could play engineer and necro.

It took skill and team work which was fun. Teams had to be smart with how they rotated their bunker guardian. Playing a 3 cap was difficult because of these defined roles. Team fights were fun as it was less about self reliant classes and more about the sum of the parts.

Any good meta should have defined roles like bunker guardian. Celestial instantly ruined everything. Now i single engi and ele specs you had healing support, condi removal, damage, condi damage, tanking ability and downed state cleave. This made many other roles obsolete as you could just bring a hybrid in place of anything else.

It also took skill out of the game. It is the easiest thing in the world to kite round with a high healing celestial class and not die. The maths is in their favour. No longer did teams need to worry about rotating the bunker guardian or playing smart so they are close enough to this support class for buffs and condi removal. It became so everyone was self sufficient and capable of everything.

All this is because of amulets which provide both offence and defence. Celestial bei g the ultimate.

Every healthy meta should allow for all types of builds. If a meta doesnt have a bunker guardian in it then it is not healthy. The basic rule of balance is that no one build should be able to do everything. Removing celestial and soliders will instantly make this game fun again. Now if something has huge damage it will be kilkable.

I am shocked anet made this change as it is amazing. I personally know of quite a few players planning to return to the game with a competitive mindset as a result

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

The game is still fun for me until you run into the cancer builds… #respect to those that run non-cancer-meta build.

I still playing thief like a boss, and always get comment like “wtf how so much damage on thief?” if played right they are still 100% viable and strong as hell, especially with staff aoe.

Only prob is I die instantly if I’m not in an evade frame lol.

Staff is barely just enough fun for me to ignore the cancer and play, I actually kinda like being the underdog because your enemies are more surprised when you rek em.

I’m not sure how this meta will fare but time will tell, not sure if removing bunker completely was the move to make, but it will definitely be better than what we have now.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The game is still fun for me until you run into the cancer builds… #respect to those that run non-cancer-meta build.

I still playing thief like a boss, and always get comment like “wtf how so much damage on thief?” if played right they are still 100% viable and strong as hell, especially with staff aoe.

Staff is barely just enough fun for me to ignore the cancer and play, I actually kinda like being the underdog because your enemies are more surprised when you rek em.

I’m not sure how this meta will fare but time will tell, not sure if removing bunker completely was the move to make, but it will definitely be better than what we have now.

Thats the point. Its not removing bunkers. Its removing bunkers who do massive damage. Bunkers, real bunkers, will have to come back to fill the void left behind. Those bunkers will take team work to use effectively and will lead to more defined roles rather than just 5 hybrid bruisers vs 5 hybrid bruisers

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

If a meta doesnt have a bunker guardian in it then it is not healthy.

bunker guard is dead since they removed traitline stats. gl with bunker guard in the 26.jan meta.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Rukia.9860

bunker guard is dead since they removed traitline stats. gl with bunker guard in the 26.jan meta.

I thought those stat’s were made baseline>?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

no, the 3k hp that guard got from the traitlines were not made baseline

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

The removal of cele is actually one of the few things they’ve gotten right with the upcoming changes. Everything else, personally, I’m on the fence about. Fortunately, I don’t play ele/mesmer/rev, so I don’t think I’ll be fearing our necro overlords as much as everyone else, but I still feel like they haven’t really hit the nail on the head with this one (which is what they’ll have to do tbh). Them not making perfect changes won’t kill the game, but it’ll likely drive as many people away as they’re bringing back in. That being said, I’ll probably be playing more after the 26th.

in PvP

Rukia.9860

no, the 3k hp that guard got from the traitlines were not made baseline

Wasn’t that the trait though? Or are you talking raw stat’s? Cuz that’s messed if everyone else got baseline stats from trait stat removal and guard didn’t, not like guard need it though tbh lol.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

The HP from the honor line wasn’t made baseline.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I agree. cele removal is good. But i hope there is a lot of more changes coming to make that round. Especially ele might be in despair now. Cele removed, DS changed, auras reduced, boon coruption on necros looks like dumping ele. Especially auras. Its ele only and cele removal is so huge for ele, that he needs buffs and not more nerves. So i hope a lot of positive changes like announced scepter buffs will also come on 26.01.2016 to ele. Also anet should look at ranger pets…

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Same to me ( i play only thief, and actually S / SB. so a non meta build. Not even comparable to the actual d/p DD ).

But i know for sure that some games i bring my team down cause i play thief ( i really don’t care, but still i understand the whine of soloq players about warriors/thieves ).

At first i had hope for celestial ( an hybrid class but not a broken bunker chara as ele or the old ele/eng ), but it’s better this way. They “tried” to put an hibrid and failed. Lets move forward now.

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

The removal of cele is actually one of the few things they’ve gotten right with the upcoming changes. Everything else, personally, I’m on the fence about. Fortunately, I don’t play ele/mesmer/rev, so I don’t think I’ll be fearing our necro overlords as much as everyone else, but I still feel like they haven’t really hit the nail on the head with this one (which is what they’ll have to do tbh). Them not making perfect changes won’t kill the game, but it’ll likely drive as many people away as they’re bringing back in. That being said, I’ll probably be playing more after the 26th.

its ok necro will be food for thieves, it already is food if the thief plays right now with the damage buffs they will not even need to think just headshot 1111 steal stun daze 111111 fear 111111111111111111111 repeat…

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

You are day dreaming, you know what killed bunker guardian, the removal of that 300 Vitality attribute points you get from trait lines.

Bunkering 900 toughness with 12K HP or bunkering 15K HP and 0 toughness. You are day dreaming my friend, there will no other bunkers, may be other then Mesmers in the next META.

Enjoy when condi Repears/Revs massacring you or Thiefs instagib-ing,, it will be so fun to watch all of you whining

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

This is a incorrect post imo

When cele first came out it actually made engy the best class in the game. Also ele was there but it wasnt till the next update where anet gave d/d ele alot of dmg and blinds.

Simply put the cele meta right before HOT was the closest to perfect this game has gotten. There were some tweaks needed overall to some classes and a nerf to d/d ele which came way to late but it was near perfection.

Just looking at ORNG they had ran bunker guard and dps warrior and after losing in the WTS getting 2nd. They switched to burn guardian and shoutbow. Shatter mesmers, thieves had roles on teams and even the lowest classes like necro and rangers had places on good teams. It was a joke how slow anet was to nerfing d/d ele to the point they had too say 2 class max of each profession in tournaments.

But simply saying removing cele makes the game better is rediculous when many builds dont even use it now. You have scrappers using maruder, revs using vipers, mesmers using soilders or sentinals. Only ele is using cele and the idea of getting rid of ammy to “shake things up” is not good balance. The new HOT meta shows because things are great in theory doesnt actually mean its good.

in PvP

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Pretty sure bunker guardian will be around again just not the immortal pre-celestial meta version that people remember. It is still one of the best builds at tanking burst while still maintaining team support.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Pretty sure bunker guardian will be around again just not the immortal pre-celestial meta version that people remember. It is still one of the best builds at tanking burst while still maintaining team support.

uhhhhh

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

12K HP 900 toughness tanking burst, lol

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

I play Bunker Guard from start till now 1v1 is almost impossible to die. And if i do is my mistake not enemy’s skill cause of my rotation. Bunker Guard in mid die’s cause all normally focus on him. But now they dps him and same time cc him as hell. The result is Guard can’t act . This and luck of dps made him not popular in PvP. DH Bunker die more easy but for now are better choice. I think this happen cause core players forced to buy HoT so they can survive

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

For those who are new to the game you might not remember the early metas which were based around specific team roles, team work, clever rotations and build diversity.

Whilst it is true that elementalist was too strong for a long time, the meta in general was pretty fun for everybody.

Firstly everybody could play the role they wanted. Support focussed players could play a bunker guardian. Dps players could play a thief or a mesmer and do well. People who enjoyed back point 1v1s could play rangers and eles. Condition players could play engineer and necro.

It took skill and team work which was fun. Teams had to be smart with how they rotated their bunker guardian. Playing a 3 cap was difficult because of these defined roles. Team fights were fun as it was less about self reliant classes and more about the sum of the parts.

Any good meta should have defined roles like bunker guardian. Celestial instantly ruined everything. Now i single engi and ele specs you had healing support, condi removal, damage, condi damage, tanking ability and downed state cleave. This made many other roles obsolete as you could just bring a hybrid in place of anything else.

It also took skill out of the game. It is the easiest thing in the world to kite round with a high healing celestial class and not die. The maths is in their favour. No longer did teams need to worry about rotating the bunker guardian or playing smart so they are close enough to this support class for buffs and condi removal. It became so everyone was self sufficient and capable of everything.

All this is because of amulets which provide both offence and defence. Celestial bei g the ultimate.

Every healthy meta should allow for all types of builds. If a meta doesnt have a bunker guardian in it then it is not healthy. The basic rule of balance is that no one build should be able to do everything. Removing celestial and soliders will instantly make this game fun again. Now if something has huge damage it will be kilkable.

I am shocked anet made this change as it is amazing. I personally know of quite a few players planning to return to the game with a competitive mindset as a result

Sound reasoning and I 100% agree with you, but it will be nasty when I solo queue and get multiple thieves or other of the same “roles” where multiple cele users always went together. Just to be clear though, I 100% support the removal of celeistial, it was always a terrible amulet that just supported noobs that needed easy as kitten rotations and faceroll classes.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Good luck tanking that new meta bursts on current guardians.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I agree in general but bunker guardians should not be made necessary (no single class should be necessary) but the idea of the bunker guardian is a good one mainly a totally team focused build that does very little damge on its own. Problem with this meta is do it all classes. If you want to be a strong point holder you should expect to do almost zero damage.