Why are all PvP maps the same?

in PvP

Posted by: Captain Obvious.6951

Captain Obvious.6951

Every single map in this game is the exact same map.

3 capture points

First team to 500 wins.

Now some have bells, or monsters, or other stupid gizmos and gadgets. But they’re all the same maps! Sit on capture points to win.

Where’s the deathmatch maps? (First team to 20 kills wins)

Where’s the king of the hill maps? (1 capture point)

You know I’ve lost some games cause nobody wanted to sit at home and babysit a point. And the other team just kept coming in to decap it constantly but NOBODY wanted to sit there and defend it.

Honestly I couldn’t blame them. It’s kittening boring to sit and babysit a point all kittening game and it’s even more boring just running around capping and decapping points.

So why don’t we have other maps? I think at least 1/3 of the maps should be Deathmatch, 1/3 should be King of hill and another 1/3 should be current maps.

The only GOOD map is Coliseum. No godkitten monsters to try to steal. No stupid bell to babysit. No Lord to try to kill. No kitten trebuche blasting you. Just flat out best PvP team wins.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Because GW2 is a highly casual PvE oriented MMORPG. PvP and WvW are treat as nothing more then side attractions, by this dev team.

My guess is they don’t have the staffing to promote engaging combat in all three of the modes. Therefor they settled with consolidating, their resources for the safer and low maintenance modes and features of this game. PvE and Gem store items.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Because GW2 is a highly casual PvE oriented MMORPG. PvP and WvW are treat as nothing more then side attractions, by this dev team.

My guess is they don’t have the staffing to promote engaging combat in all three of the modes. Therefor they settled with consolidating, their resources for the safer and low maintenance modes and features of this game. PvE and Gem store items.

They catered to the pve folk who need easy pvp. In conq it just requires really 3 tanks and 2 teefs to control a map. it isn’t hard as long as your willing to play boring pvp but win a lot. Pvp has been a joke since around 2013 when they started to force conq more and more on the players. Yes its a nice idea but we either need a different mode for ranked or multiple modes. Dancing on and around circles in different maps is still dancing in circles. Zerg or +1 on a point while a tank is on another and a teef rotates.

gg

zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz Tis why i haven’t played rank much since season 4 ended. Hasn’t been worth my time when i can’t carry 2 or 3 pugs with a negative IQ while the other team woks like a unit somehow randomly. I may own the whole other team 1v1 but ill still lose.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I recently made a topic anet should bring back team deathmatch maps.
Simultaneously, King of the Hill, Death of the King, Capture the Flag, or the gw1 Jade Quarry seem like lovable ideas.
Im wholeheartedly agreeing that 3-capture-point maps have become stale, and all they promote is bunkerbuilds

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Simultaneously, King of the Hill, Death of the King, Capture the Flag, or the gw1 Jade Quarry seem like lovable ideas.
Im wholeheartedly agreeing that 3-capture-point maps have become stale, and all they promote is bunkerbuilds

Don’t forget about thieves. They are the main game changer. They have super mobility, burst damage both power and condi, and a reliable access to stealth.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Don’t forget about thieves. They are the main game changer. They have super mobility, burst damage both power and condi, and a reliable access to stealth.

and rangers, once down, their pets can outheal anything a dps spec can dish out

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Every single map in this game is the exact same map.

3 capture points

First team to 500 wins.

Now some have bells, or monsters, or other stupid gizmos and gadgets. But they’re all the same maps! Sit on capture points to win.

Where’s the deathmatch maps? (First team to 20 kills wins)

Where’s the king of the hill maps? (1 capture point)

You know I’ve lost some games cause nobody wanted to sit at home and babysit a point. And the other team just kept coming in to decap it constantly but NOBODY wanted to sit there and defend it.

Honestly I couldn’t blame them. It’s kittening boring to sit and babysit a point all kittening game and it’s even more boring just running around capping and decapping points.

So why don’t we have other maps? I think at least 1/3 of the maps should be Deathmatch, 1/3 should be King of hill and another 1/3 should be current maps.

The only GOOD map is Coliseum. No godkitten monsters to try to steal. No stupid bell to babysit. No Lord to try to kill. No kitten trebuche blasting you. Just flat out best PvP team wins.

No one should ever sit on a point, whoever does that is throwing the game as the rest of the map is left 4v5. Also, coliseum is badly designed amd I would say the mechanics are worse from a PvP exclusive stand point than those from temple/capricorn, as they dont include any type of “player feeding”, whereas coliseum gives buffs to stats and stomp/rezz abilities that can carry otherwise lost fights.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I like the pvp mode where you have to get through a series of doors to an objective, then repeat the process but flipped sides. One team defending, one attacking. Whoever gets the objective fastest wins.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in PvP

Posted by: Helbjorne.9368

Helbjorne.9368

No one should ever sit on a point, whoever does that is throwing the game as the rest of the map is left 4v5.

That’s not true whatsoever. A good Bunker Guardian/ Ele/ Druid that can hold a point 1vX until the rest of the team can rotate is invaluable, especially in solo queue.

Whose soul do I have to reap to get a Necro rework around here?

in PvP

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

No one should ever sit on a point, whoever does that is throwing the game as the rest of the map is left 4v5.

That’s not true whatsoever. A good Bunker Guardian/ Ele/ Druid that can hold a point 1vX until the rest of the team can rotate is invaluable, especially in solo queue.

That isn’t the definition of “sitting on a point”. That is being outnumbered. You are correct in that successfully being able to handle outnumbers is very valuable. Sitting on a point means being 1v0 afk on your own node for an extended period of time. Eventually your team will lose the 4v5 and then you’ll be 1v5

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

We had deathmatch with Countryard. ANet was forced by players to remove that game mode because no one wanted to play it.
We have Stronghold, that is really well structured, but no one want to play it because have “too much PvE” in it.

ANet made some try to add something new but players are too lazy to change they’re build and adapt to play a new game mode.

Every time a new map come out there’s a lot of players that cry out and don’t want to play it because the map mechanic is different from what they’re playing since years and don’t want to adapt to a mechanic that is just a little different from the others.

ANet will do nothing to add something new to sPvP because players don’t want to play anything than the actual game mode and the old maps.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Because for any kind of competitive PvP game, the overall structure of the game mode must remain the same for consistency’s sake. It must remain consistent so that any viewers who don’t play the game regularly can roughly understand what is going on and be able to be engaged with the gameplay. Remember, they tried marketing their game as an “e-sport” at one point and probably were planning to do so since launch.

For instance, league and DOTA have had literally the same map and game mode for YEARS and both games are older than GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

We had deathmatch with Countryard. ANet was forced by players to remove that game mode because no one wanted to play it.

The problem with that was that Anet kitten the bed.
1. It was part of the normal rotation of maps for sPvP. MASSIVE MISTAKE.
2. It didn’t have its own Join Queue button.
3. 5 players was too much, should have been a lower number.

IMO it should have been 4v4 and a “best 2 out 3” system. Kind if like RA in GW1.

All I want is RA in GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Even though “all the maps are the same”, a good chunk of PvPrs can’t even grasp how to strategically win. Shouldn’t suggest more modes when there is still a problem for a lot of players with just trying to maintain up to 3 objectives (and respective side objectives)-