Why are ele's always complaining?

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

Are you kidding me? this class is very good. Its a hard class to play but once you learn it half way decently you are extremely powerful. Im not calling for a nerf but i am so confused why ele’s are always whining. S/D and D/D ele are extremely strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Are you kidding me? this class is very good. Its a hard class to play but once you learn it half way decently you are extremely powerful. Im not calling for a nerf but i am so confused why ele’s are always whining. S/D and D/D ele are extremely strong.

Yeah. No. The majority of their burst is extremely telegraphed (unlike most classes), involves only burning as a condition (unlike most classes), unless you somehow get hit by CE, is EXTREMELY squishy (unlike most classes), and doesn’t have a reliable escape.

An immobilized GC Elementalist is the squishest thing in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Yeah. No. The majority of their burst is extremely telegraphed (unlike most classes), involves only burning as a condition (unlike most classes), unless you somehow get hit by CE, is EXTREMELY squishy (unlike most classes), and doesn’t have a reliable escape.

I don’t know man, a class that can knock me down and burst me from 900 range. The only telegraph I get is “Air!”

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Ryld.1340

I don’t know man, a class that can knock me down and burst me from 900 range. The only telegraph I get is “Air!”

And their knockdown at range (Focus) has a 50 second cooldown with an almost full second cast time. There are so many ways out of it that it’s not even funny.

in PvP

Demonts.4593

Their burst is instant… the 2 arcane skills and the lightning flash are instant (if you choose to use all 3) On top of that most of the air skills are very fast. Heals give them good sustain. If an ele runs something like 20 air 20 water 30 arcane it is not squishy at all. Ive seen good ele’s beat just about anything. The last thing d/d or s/d ele needs is a buff. There are plenty of ways to escape too. The class has 25 skills available to it… there is always some way lol. Again i dont think it needs a nerf, and there are some bad weapon sets (as with every class) but the last thing d/d and s/d need is a buff

in PvP

Ryld.1340

Their burst is instant… the 2 arcane skills and the lightning flash are instant (if you choose to use all 3) On top of that most of the air skills are very fast. Heals give them good sustain. If an ele runs something like 20 air 20 water 30 arcane it is not squishy at all. Ive seen good ele’s beat just about anything. The last thing d/d or s/d ele needs is a buff. There are plenty of ways to escape too. The class has 25 skills available to it… there is always some way lol. Again i dont think it needs a nerf, and there are some bad weapon sets (as with every class) but the last thing d/d and s/d need is a buff

If they’re 20 air, 20 water, 30 arcane, they are NOT going to kill you with burst. They don’t have Fresh Air. They don’t have much power, their crit is lacking. S/F has zero healing besides Water 3 (which is a low heal) besides their healing skill. S/D and D/D’s Water 5 has already been cut in half for sPVP. And just because they have 25 skills doesn’t mean that they’re all good. Nor do they have them available all the time when they need it.

Also, re-reading what you said. What the hell. They have 2 Arcane’s and Lightning Flash? That’s no cantrips. That’s no defense. They’re dead.

This is almost as bad as mindless complaining about thieves without actually knowing what the skills do.

in PvP

Demonts.4593

Im not complaining at all. The class is not overpowered. I just don’t think its under powered. It has 2 viable weapon sets (like a lot of classes). Good support too. 20 air, 20 water and 30 arcane wont 100-0 anyone but no other class can 100-0 too. Seriously i don’t see why s/d or d/d ele needs a buff. The other weapon sets probably do tho

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

An immobilized GC elementalists is a dead elementalist.

So why not use Cleansing burst to GTFO?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Demonts.4593

i think that in this meta survivability is key. so going 20 water 20 air and 30 arcane with some defensive utilities is the way to go i think. Fresh air with all arcanes is too risky

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Im not complaining at all. The class is not overpowered. I just don’t think its under powered. It has 2 viable weapon sets (like a lot of classes). Good support too. 20 air, 20 water and 30 arcane wont 100-0 anyone but no other class can 100-0 too. Seriously i don’t see why s/d or d/d ele needs a buff. The other weapon sets probably do tho

Necro’s can Kappa

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Condi elementalist is the future. Believe that.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

They were used to being unstoppable bunkers with f-load of damage so when that was toned down they all came here to cry a river and still are.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

stop funposting on the forums, you know better than that

if you want to be logical at least request the fixes to not be burst. Roll back some of the nerfs or just give fire and earth traits some fixes. I think staff bunker ele is highly under rated right now too, especially after the few buffs coming in.

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

I can’t tell if you’re joking about this, but a Shaman’s amulet staff ele can be a pretty strong far point assaulter (provided it hasn’t been caped yet). With buffs coming to the staff skills (which might include a cast-time reduction for Eruption), I can see how this will be viable in the future.

Thief

(edited by Rome.3192)

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Use the focus to counter the meta and people will still call ele unskilled op bs.

“omg 4 seconds of god mode nerf ele pls.”

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

(edited by sorrychief.2563)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They were used to being unstoppable bunkers with f-load of damage so when that was toned down they all came here to cry a river and still are.

This ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

It really isn’t that great. I’ve spent a lot of time playing one recently and the flaws become obvious eventually. They’re not outwardly that bad of a class, they’re just outclassed in all fields these days. Warriors and rangers do “tanky dps” better than d/d bunker, thieves do burst better, guardians do mid bunker better and they all do it at like 1/4th the skill floor of an ele. It’s embarassing when a ranger sits there pressing 1 and beats an ele carefully setting up combos, baiting dodges for burst, switching attunements, etc.

The amount of eles in the pax qualifiers and ESL reflects this.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

in PvP

Posted by: swordbreaker.5189

swordbreaker.5189

One Question do you talk about Hot Join? Because in TPvP the Ele ist the worst Class. You can take every other Class with you and it will work better for you. A skilled Ele in a Tournament is a poorer choice than a Spirit Ranger without skill.
But I think when the Condi dmg will be nerfed then the Ele is in a good spot. Don’t buff the Ele nerf the strong ones and the Game will be much better.
But what the Ele really need is more Build diversity.

in PvP

Demonts.4593

Hardly anyone in pax ran direct burst damage period. People either ran survival builds or heavy condi builds. I think that is a big reason ele’s were not used. In fact between all of the burst builds i think ele has the best 1v1 potential. Ele also has higher burst than thief or mesmer but obviously ele has some disadvantages too. Saying ele’s are not the best at anything is kinda dumb too cuz they can have very good well rounded builds that can support and do decent damage. Ultimately Arena Net has to do what they think is right and they know more than me. So If they decide to buff ele i won’t argue. Im just saying i don’t think they are that bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

it’s the only class that no matter how you play it i burst it down from 100%- 0% with a dodge mirror images and mw…there has something to be done

in PvP

Demonts.4593

a fresh air ele can be bursted hard but i think the best ele build traits in water, air and arcane for good damage and survival

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Eles need one nerf if they ever get back on top tier—their down state needs a longer cast time on mistform (similar to mesmer cast time). It’s so hard to stomp these guys and right now it’s less of a problem due to eles being at the bottom of the food chain but it’s still a broken down state skill. All other classes can be counterplayed and killed in their downstate.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Ryld.1340

I can’t tell if you’re joking about this, but a Shaman’s amulet staff ele can be a pretty strong far point assaulter (provided it hasn’t been caped yet). With buffs coming to the staff skills (which might include a cast-time reduction for Eruption), I can see how this will be viable in the future.

With the lack of toughness and only Burning (from Fire 3 and EA roll) and Bleeding (1 stack from EA roll, but a nice 6 from Earth 2, as if anyone got hit by that), their damage tanks hard if anyone brings a cleanse, which almost everyone has in this meta. All of their skills are way too telegraphed and a good portion of them should be sped up with their delays (Ice Spike, Eruption), as well as some key skills need to be fixed (GUST).

Secondly, an Ele Staff bunker does the least amount of damage compared to any other bunker, Guardian included. Warriors will passively outheal your damage without even trying. Good luck trying to kill a PU mesmer. Spirit Ranger? Please.

The person’s example didn’t run Cleansing Burst. Also, it doesn’t remove all conditions so it might not remove immobile (this is happened so many times to me) AND they removed the stun break factor on it, so not many people take it anymore.

Eles need one nerf if they ever get back on top tier—their down state needs a longer cast time on mistform (similar to mesmer cast time). It’s so hard to stomp these guys and right now it’s less of a problem due to eles being at the bottom of the food chain but it’s still a broken down state skill. All other classes can be counterplayed and killed in their downstate.

There is /one/ way you can stomp Mist Form. If you start Stomp right as they cast, then blink to where they are, it works. I’m not really sure what they can change about mist form.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Like thiefs and mes?

The olny issue i can understand with eles downed state is entering into towers/keeps in wvw, but we are in spvp forums so thats completely different topic

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

@Ryld, dont try to argue with them, they got bursted ONCE by an ele and came here to QQ about it, when in reality that happens 1 out of 99999 times when you play that kind of ele.

D/D bunker ele wasnt any worse than zoo pet ranger or bunker engi or warrior or necros tankiness/damage currently. Only thing is; people forget about those stuff and only remember the experience, not how it actually was.

Just let them be, the day they actually dare to play ele they will realize in how much of a shi[tty situation they are…

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Like thiefs and mes?

The olny issue i can understand with eles downed state is entering into towers/keeps in wvw, but we are in spvp forums so thats completely different topic

Thief and mesmer can be stomped fairly easily for at least some classes (ones with blink for thief). Mesmers can be stomped via fakeout, or fakeout and blink depending on rng. Thiefs can be stomped with blinks. Eles are the hardest to stomp if you don’t time it that well, given that the mistform is instant (or almost instant) cast it’s hard to fake out a stomp and recast it within the time frame of them leaving mistform.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

With the lack of toughness and only Burning (from Fire 3 and EA roll) and Bleeding (1 stack from EA roll, but a nice 6 from Earth 2, as if anyone got hit by that), their damage tanks hard if anyone brings a cleanse, which almost everyone has in this meta. All of their skills are way too telegraphed and a good portion of them should be sped up with their delays (Ice Spike, Eruption), as well as some key skills need to be fixed (GUST).

Secondly, an Ele Staff bunker does the least amount of damage compared to any other bunker, Guardian included. Warriors will passively outheal your damage without even trying. Good luck trying to kill a PU mesmer. Spirit Ranger? Please.

The person’s example didn’t run Cleansing Burst. Also, it doesn’t remove all conditions so it might not remove immobile (this is happened so many times to me) AND they removed the stun break factor on it, so not many people take it anymore.

There is /one/ way you can stomp Mist Form. If you start Stomp right as they cast, then blink to where they are, it works. I’m not really sure what they can change about mist form.

They just need to increase the cast time for the downed state mistform (not the other one), so the timing window is on par with a mesmer. Then it becomes an equal mind-game. At the moment, I know what you mentioned is possible but the timing of it is very unforgiving. Sure I can master it maybe but I can already tell when eles ever get back on top tier play, I’m going to be pretty annoyed that they can stall better than any other class in their down state.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I’m actually serious. Though I haven’t tried it with staff. Tried scepter. Easy as hell to maintain burning as an element a list and bleeding isn’t an issue either. Poison also isn’t out of the question. Mixed with shaman allowing you to heal for more than a sneeze and its been somewhat surprising to see how close Ele condi abilities are to being at a solid and reasonable level. I don’t have even a 20th of experience with my ele than my thief they may be much better than I’ve experienced in more capable hands.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: DiBiddilyBop.1470

DiBiddilyBop.1470

If you look at the recent big tournaments, you get a good picture of the current state of eles. That is to say that none of the top teams are bringing any eles with them. I’m not saying that you can’t do perfectly well in pick-up games with an ele, but the fact is that the class got over-nerfed and now needs some adjustments to make them competitive again.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Some of the crying is a little over the top, but to some extent it is very justified.

Most elementalists don’t want to play a magic thief and play 1-shot or be 1-shotted. In that role (the S/D burst ele), you are better off taking a mesmer or thief 90% of the time because they do marginally less burst but have much higher survivability (mobility+stealth or clones+stealth) and better sustained damage.

The support you bring your team has been toned down a ton, and when you spend 80% of the time downed/dead you are providing 0 support.

Other eles, even building tanky, do way less damage or even damage+support than other tanky support classes due to all of the nerfs, and don’t even survive very well. Because their only defense is healing, and that has been nerfed into oblivion, along with stun-breaks, while boon-hate was added and condi-classes buffed, eles are in a very sad state when it comes to survivability. Necros always had an advantage on even d/d bunker ele at its height, but nobody wanted to play it until it was mega-OP.

Nowadays ele dies to stuns, immob, condis, and burst. They are also pigeon-holed into one spec taking at a minimum 10 in water and 30 in arcana to have ANY condi clearing/healing or 15 water/20 arcana just so the attunement system isn’t unreasonable.

Before you complain about the class, try it out and compare it to what you play and you will see why its so useless. All of the best players that do “o.k.” with an ele have to far outplay their opponents just to get equal results.

Risk != reward by a LONG shot.

Finally, if you are complaining about S/F eles, they do almost no damage except for when they can land a CC skill b/c such a large portion of S/D damage is tied to landing /D skills.

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Ele’s D/D or S/D are just free kills to me. And I still play mesmer…

The burst potential on a class alone does not make it “good” or worth taking. This is a gametype designed around 5v5 not how much damage can something do to someone who’s not expecting it.

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Necro’s can Kappa

Necro’s/Warriors can 100-0 people pretty safely lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

I don’t know man, a class that can knock me down and burst me from 900 range. The only telegraph I get is “Air!” The only telegraph I get is “Air!”

l2p if you get killed at 900 range from an ele … seriously.

I know that people will propably never get it, but I’ll try once again: having 20 Skills is not an advantage but a drawback. If you’d lower CDs from all fire and let’s say air-spells by 50%, remove water und earth completely and make attunement-switch standard 9s CD it would be nearly the same as the 20spell-ele … with the exceptions that we wouldn’t have to specc into arcana, playing in one attunement would be viable, we would have low-CD burst-spells like all other classes and we would have tons of viable builds, etc. Most people also forget that Eles have no real F-Spell … like 4s stuns from warrior, unvul or good damage on mesmer or steal from thieves that can also be used in many different ways.
I mean wtf … we have to use 2 Utility-Slots for arcan-spells to actually make damage. They don’t do anything else but dealing damage (except being combo-finishers) that is lower than a thief-autohit-rotation, how kittened up is this?
Also you can choose, either burst or heal – never both at the same time. So you have to decide between having the chance to actually kill something (and get oneshot if you can’t initiate or escape the fight) or being able to survive but can’t kill anything.
Play elementalist in tPvP on your own, then you can start complaining. Oh I forgot … no team chooses to run an ele … well this sucks.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Fortus.6175

ok, seriously, this might not be sPvP, but perhaps you can show me an ele hitting harder than this thief: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9d4Og8KbEM

Im feeling lazy to take build to sPvP but I can ASSURE you that it will be 3-4 times more useful, bursty, survivable than any of you alleged “OP” scepter ele…

Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

ok, seriously, this might not be sPvP, but perhaps you can show me an ele hitting harder than this thief: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9d4Og8KbEM

Im feeling lazy to take build to sPvP but I can ASSURE you that it will be 3-4 times more useful, bursty, survivable than any of you alleged “OP” scepter ele…

Sorry friend, what you just posted was a WvW video and is null and void in the sPvP section because they are NOT the same thing at all.

And if you want to go down that road, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1S_sP90Ao

really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

There are several problems with the ele in the current meta. Ele’s have the lowest armor and lowest health in game, which means they are very reliant on healing skills and boons to stay alive.
As mentioned before, ele’s used to be “OP” because they would build super-tanky and had good access to boons and healing through their class mechanics. This was nerfed, and I think rightly so.
What happened afterwards is that they buffed all the counters to ele, which greatly aggravated the original, deserved nerfs.
They buffed boon hate/boon removal (eg. necro corrupt boon and thief s/d), meaning ele’s couldn’t maintain the boons they needed to stay alive.
They buffed stun builds while nerfing stun breaks on eles, again creating more hard counters.
They then gave us some interesting traits in air for some more bursty builds, but this was a double-edged sword. It’s “OP” because there is very little animation and thus almost no counter play (and thus the OP is complaining). However in order to have a meaningful burst you have to lose any sort of defense you had as an ele.
Ultimately we have been pigeon-holed into one of two builds, both of which are unviable in the current meta.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in PvP

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

I retraited last night so I could get more heals/regen from water skills, I still couldn’t regen or cleanse fast enough. The conditions just melted me. :-(

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

in PvP

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

This ^^

roflkek.

They weren`t unstoppable, it was just the idiots running up against them never had the common sense to equip stuns, immobs etc.

As for the *"bunkers with f-load of damage bunkers with f-load of damage "

What game were you playing, in gw2 ele could never go tank & do “f-load of damage” & even if an ele goes GC, that damage you`re claiming is a one trick pony & most of it easily dodgeable & is still lower then some other classes can do.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)

in PvP

Writetyper.1985

I retraited last night so I could get more heals/regen from water skills, I still couldn’t regen or cleanse fast enough. The conditions just melted me. :-(

Either the condition meta needs to go or the cooldown on the regen condi removal trait in water GM needs to go back where it was before. D/D cantrip would be good again, sure, but it wouldn’t be OP and at least they have s/d fresh air as an option too.

really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Eles were incredibly OP for a while, but seem to have gone out of fashion now that it is actually possible to kill them. I also think it is slightly more difficult to play an ele well, but like you say, the good players shine.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Ele’s are free kills in PvP. There is absolutely no reason to play one because every prof can do their job twice as well as them.
It’s literally impossible to kill even semi-bunker builds, and at the same time you get insta-killed during any kind of CC.
As a wise man once said, “what’s the point”.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

Eles were incredibly OP for a while, but seem to have gone out of fashion now that it is actually possible to kill them. I also think it is slightly more difficult to play an ele well, but like you say, the good players shine.

See, I’ve been an ele for like 7 months or something, strictly spvp. I’ve never thought about changing the class or quitting but truth be told, eles are in a sad state indeed. Only having 30 trait points for a build (10 in water and 30 in arcana are basically mandatory) makes an ele experience in spvp terrible. You can either go “tanky with decent damage” or “full burst”. You go try that and you’ll see how neither of those builds are viable in any way. Tanky builds are just that, tanky and not even really successful at that with no damage on them what so ever. Burst builds have a decent burst, I’ll give you that, but considering eles armor and health, you’ll probably die of a random AoE that wasn’t even headed for you. Specially when you consider the current condi/cc meta, eles are currently outclassed by everything else in the game. At least this is my experience after playing over 1,200 tournies as an ele.

I played a solo game last night, and fought on a point against like a rank 30-35 necro. I outplayed and dodged every big card he has, kited around almost all the dangerous stuff he can throw at me and while landing all I have, he just went spectral armor, feared me and melted me with condies since their CD just ended. Then he /danced and said free farm. This doesn’t happen that seldom. Many meta builds destroy ANY ele build you bring at them, with absolutely no skill.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

See, I’ve been an ele for like 7 months or something, strictly spvp. I’ve never thought about changing the class or quitting but truth be told, eles are in a sad state indeed. Only having 30 trait points for a build (10 in water and 30 in arcana are basically mandatory) makes an ele experience in spvp terrible. You can either go “tanky with decent damage” or “full burst”. You go try that and you’ll see how neither of those builds are viable in any way. Tanky builds are just that, tanky and not even really successful at that with no damage on them what so ever. Burst builds have a decent burst, I’ll give you that, but considering eles armor and health, you’ll probably die of a random AoE that wasn’t even headed for you. Specially when you consider the current condi/cc meta, eles are currently outclassed by everything else in the game. At least this is my experience after playing over 1,200 tournies as an ele.

I played a solo game last night, and fought on a point against like a rank 30-35 necro. I outplayed and dodged every big card he has, kited around almost all the dangerous stuff he can throw at me and while landing all I have, he just went spectral armor, feared me and melted me with condies since their CD just ended. Then he /danced and said free farm. This doesn’t happen that seldom. Many meta builds destroy ANY ele build you bring at them, with absolutely no skill.

Your problem is not isolated to ele. The Necro is really strong atm, you need a very specific class/build to take it down.

Tanky builds being tanky sounds pretty good, and guardians still are the king of bunkering. Like you say eles have a high burst build(s) and hard to kill yet low damage survival builds- I don’t see anything in those statements that screams a need to buff them.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

1. S/d
2. 0/30/0/10/30
3. Learn the burst combos
4. Practice the burst combos a lot
5. understand the class
6. Play safe
7. Stay back doing ranged harass until their is a proper opening
8. Go in using a massive burst combo and leave.
9. Ride the lightning and Lightning flash are better positioning and defensive spells then offense spells
10. Know your classes limit
11. Stay out of cleave
12 When you see a downed player that is the perfect opportunity to burst because their will be tons of people trying to stomp/rez said person.
13. PRACTICE

their follow this and now you are good ele. For now on i dub this class qlqmentalists. So now we have wqrrqirs and qlqmentalists. Whats next?

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Fortus.6175

-idjiotic post

sigh, the troll arrived.

Anyways, instead of talking so much, why dont you play the class and show all of us poor 1 handed blind deaf and mentally challenged eles who picked up the class 2 days ago how to play instead of watching your “friend” magically burst someone every now and then?

Because that post is making you look bad, like really dude, Im starting to feel sorrow for you :/

Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

-idjiotic post

sigh, the troll arrived.

Anyways, instead of talking so much, why dont you play the class and show all of us poor 1 handed blind deaf and mentally challenged eles who picked up the class 2 days ago how to play instead of watching your “friend” magically burst someone every now and then?

Because that post is making you look bad, like really dude, Im starting to feel sorrow for you :/

Sure i’d love to show you. My friend and I love to help eles who are having trouble with the class. Add me ingame.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This ^^

roflkek.

They weren`t unstoppable, it was just the idiots running up against them never had the common sense to equip stuns, immobs etc.

As for the *"bunkers with f-load of damage bunkers with f-load of damage "

What game were you playing, in gw2 ele could never go tank & do “f-load of damage” & even if an ele goes GC, that damage you`re claiming is a one trick pony & most of it easily dodgeable & is still lower then some other classes can do.

You’re pretty funny if you put “not OP” in the same sentence as old D/D eles.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

i think that in this meta survivability is key. so going 20 water 20 air and 30 arcane with some defensive utilities is the way to go i think. Fresh air with all arcanes is too risky

LOL. That’s a good one. HAHAHAHAHA

My zerker or carrion mesmer can survive far longer than a tank ele through blinks, stealths, and invulns without even speccing too high on defensive traits while doing decent AI damage through phantasms.

When you can’t even have the same output as other classes whilst performing twice the effort even when specced similarly like those classes either defensively or offensively, then something is off. And when your class has no other option available to become a wee bit competitive other than pigeon-holing into two traitlines, then something is really really off.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

-idjiotic post

sigh, the troll arrived.

Sure i’d love to show you. My friend and I love to help eles who are having trouble with the class. Add me ingame.

Mash Hog… Or Gasmic for his IGN.. he is an amazing ele still works his magic and he is always on our team… Message him he will help you. Yes eles pretty much only have 30 trait points to spend. But then again so do Mesmers 20 in dueling is mandataroy and usually 30 into illusions… thieves are still pretty much always going 30 into critical strikes. Lack of build diversity is not just an ele problem. But ele is still not the absolute bottom of the barrel. This still goes to Mesmer. Any team that has more than one Mesmer or any Mesmer at all is screwed against my team…. Teams with another ele or stacked eles… Do pretty well still….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

I heard all the good Eles moved to low pop PvE-centric servers where only uplevels roam WvW. Then they make videos about how OP they are because of their skeelz.

To be straight about this, GW2 was balanced around sPvP. When did a hard-core team ever say, “If only one of you could bring another Ele we could win this tough fight. If only all five of us played Eles.” If teams had to be made with only three classes, then which class(es) would never be seen?