Why are you buffing mesmer greatsword dps?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Q:

I don’t understand buffing greatsword mesmer dps, which is already extremely high and extremely hard to avoid.

Please someone explain this logic.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Generally I don’t like any of your posts but for once I’d say no to Mesmer buffs without trade-offs. They can still strip boons, they can still deal damage even with soldier amulet, they can still kill set up for team mates and res easy without trade-offs. Their survivability is face-roll easy because you can’t even count a Mesmers dodges. Sure you can try to catch them when the evade is about to end but still, they can daze you and blind you when that’s happening.

That being said, your class shouldn’t really get overbuffed either. Your class strips boons, tanks hard, cleaves hard, and chain CC’s the best out of all classes if you knew how to play your class. Which you kinda don’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Buff? 17% DPS increase of a low-damage single target attack which roots the caster, you mean? Well, I guess people just want to complain about everything

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

So on average on a full glass target, mind stab does about 2k. With the dps buff, it will now hit for 2.4-2.5k. Wow, so much more damage.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

Their survivability is face-roll easy.

Try again.

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Generally I don’t like any of your posts but for once I’d say no to Mesmer buffs without trade-offs. They can still strip boons, they can still deal damage even with soldier amulet, they can still kill set up for team mates and res easy without trade-offs. Their survivability is face-roll easy because you can’t even count a Mesmers dodges. Sure you can try to catch them when the evade is about to end but still, they can daze you and blind you when that’s happening.

That being said, your class shouldn’t really get overbuffed either. Your class strips boons, tanks hard, cleaves hard, and chain CC’s the best out of all classes if you knew how to play your class. Which you kinda don’t.

You are talking about thief ?

in PvP

musu.9205

I hope anet rework this skill tho , since its just an addition damage while ccing your enemies .
Now making it with bigger aoe circle is shortening distance between a good mesmer and a ok one .
Damage buff is nice and reasonable (every 12s more 500damage seems fine to me )

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

So on average on a full glass target, mind stab does about 2k. With the dps buff, it will now hit for 2.4-2.5k. Wow, so much more damage.

a) the bigger thing is the aoe increase. before u needed some cc, now its basicaly unmissable

b) because its easier to hit = moar boon strip for mesmer (thief + mes combo > necro boonstrip and works good together)

c) greatsword on mesmer is already good

d) edit: i hope wont mind it too much, but basicaly hellseth mesmer build got immense buff

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

a) the bigger thing is the aoe increase. before u needed some cc, now its basicaly unmissable

b) because its easier to hit = moar boon strip for mesmer (thief + mes combo > necro boonstrip and works good together)

d) edit: i hope wont mind it too much, but basicaly hellseth mesmer build got immense buff

but but but anet nerfed sword to non viability ops sry, i meant they fixed it*

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in PvP

musu.9205

helseth mesmer build isnt op now and actually itself has many weakness ,also its portal to get him slot in team .If you don’t agree that mesmer is so weak in tpvp right now at least , could you agree that its balanced now and this buff wont broke the balance .

in PvP

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

helseth mesmer build isnt op now and actually itself has many weakness ,also its portal to get him slot in team .If you don’t agree that mesmer is so weak in tpvp right now at least , could you agree that its balanced now and this buff wont broke the balance .

+1

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

That being said, your class shouldn’t really get overbuffed either. Your class strips boons, tanks hard, cleaves hard, and chain CC’s the best out of all classes if you knew how to play your class.

Also necromancers have the most reliable damage in the game, bar none. Virtually every single skill of theirs is ranged and has zero projectiles associated with them. Also many of them are AoE. On top of that, virtually every skill a necro has can be cast behind them.

Long story short, if you see a necromancer wiffing his skills for no reason and backpedaling, he’s a terrible necro.