Why bother winning after after Volunteering?

in PvP

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

What incentive is there to help the team you just volunteered to join if you get the win bonus either way? Why should players bother trying to help the (usually losing) team they just joined?

Why not introduce some small bonus for helping the team you volunteered to join win, as well as the win bonus, that way people won’t click volunteer then just afk and wait for the winning team to finish the match.

Personally I spend the time trying to get all the meta “top player” objectives while our team loses, to maximize my points rewarded.

And while we’re at it… why does hotjoin put me in a game where the points are 400 v 100, and the only team I can join is the 100 (usually the imbalanced team)?
Sure there is a slim chance the other team will do nothing while we farm 400 points.. but odds are there is no chance of winning, so usually i just join another game instead of trying to help the losing team.

Maybe if these issues were addressed we would have more equally balanced and more fun matches.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Personally I spend the time trying to get all the meta “top player” objectives while our team loses, to maximize my points rewarded.

lol

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

err I don’t even look at the points when entering hotjoin. Just look for people to kill or troll.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: swaffman.3679

swaffman.3679

I agree there isnt incentive. But then again incentive in gw2 pvp has never been a strong point. We do it for the thrill. That being said bring back RA kitten .