Why bother with ranked?

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Unless your a pve person going for pvp related only gear i understand. But the ones who think the leader board actually matters i pitty you lol. I have more fun with less toxic people in unranked and i get the same rewards.

Hahaha so nothing has changed since last 3 seasons. Just a few happy or unhappy people from a few little skill and trait shake ups that didn’t change much from the last “update”. Still the stale game play of get on a circle or around it and dance. Since circle dancing conquest it still the thing anet thinks is “competitive”, so it will still be boring. Hell even the PoF update wont help or change much besides those who play deadeye will be yelled at to change to a running run teef. ( I’d laugh if bow / rifle deadeye became a thing lol)

Spammyvill in middle while one person dances around the sides and decaps will stay the same. ZzZzZzZz nothing new so i wont bother again. Seasons 1-4 weren’t bad but weren’t great, then came 5-8 which are just sad excuses for “competitive” “pvp”

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Pips. You dont get pips in unranked. You dont get Ascended Shards of Glory, which give you mostly free Ascended armor, which come PoF will doubtlessly be updated to include stat combinations from the expansion like it was with HoT. Also gold. So much kittening gold and Transmute charges. Like 80% of the rewards in PvP are tied to Pip tracks, not ‘reward’ tracks.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

@ AndyJo.8794

Like i said above “Unless your a pve person going for pvp related only gear i understand”

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Jugnificent.2061

Jugnificent.2061

One good reason is to get more even matches. Most games I play in unranked are blowouts. Matchmaking in ranked may get a lot of criticism but at least during prime play hours I get mostly pretty decent matches.

Floopster
Tarnished Coast

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Better matches. unfortunately they do an mmr reset, so the start of the season is chaos until everyone’s rating settles.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Unless your a pve person going for pvp related only gear i understand. But the ones who think the leader board actually matters i pitty you lol. I have more fun with less toxic people in unranked and i get the same rewards.

Hahaha so nothing has changed since last 3 seasons. Just a few happy or unhappy people from a few little skill and trait shake ups that didn’t change much from the last “update”. Still the stale game play of get on a circle or around it and dance. Since circle dancing conquest it still the thing anet thinks is “competitive”, so it will still be boring. Hell even the PoF update wont help or change much besides those who play deadeye will be yelled at to change to a running run teef. ( I’d laugh if bow / rifle deadeye became a thing lol)

Spammyvill in middle while one person dances around the sides and decaps will stay the same. ZzZzZzZz nothing new so i wont bother again. Seasons 1-4 weren’t bad but weren’t great, then came 5-8 which are just sad excuses for “competitive” “pvp”

If it isn’t fun in ranked, it isn’t fun in unranked either. So why are you still here? To tell the rest of us what a great competitor you are for opting out of ranked play? You’re a real champion, bro.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

If it isn’t fun in ranked, it isn’t fun in unranked either. So why are you still here? To tell the rest of us what a great competitor you are for opting out of ranked play? You’re a real champion, bro.

Seriously pounding your head into a rock, doesn’t make the pain go away. It only causes more.

It is downright pathetic listening to a guy try to act elite over players who play all modes in the game. Hey we get it you only pvp, do you want a cookie.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I played my placement matches on a berserker Ele, lost 5, still in Gold.

No challenge in ranked, where did all the good players go?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I would like to get a title this season but I’m not really expecting it. I finally placed into plat but I doubt that will last long. LOL

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

To other games the support a competitive environment and is supported by ESL. GW2 is one of the worst when it comes to it. But still GW2 is fun none the less, as long as you don’t have high expectations.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

gold, give me them gold

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

gold, give me them gold

This and legendary.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

To other games the support a competitive environment and is supported by ESL. GW2 is one of the worst when it comes to it. But still GW2 is fun none the less, as long as you don’t have high expectations.

I mostly just play for fun but fun to me is a challenge.

I’m completely ignored on my staff ele with fire/air/temp build.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

@ AndyJo.8794

Like i said above “Unless your a pve person going for pvp related only gear i understand”

Every competitive mmo out there has top pvpers that cares about skins. It doesnt make sense that a ‘pvper’ wouldnt do unranked over ranked during season when the rewards are that much better and gives access to skins via transmutation charges.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Well there is ranked and unranked queues during off season. If you’re the kind of person who blows up, screen rants, or rage quits because everyone on your team is a noob but you, then ranked is the place to go. Unranked is supposed to be a place where new players start out or players try new builds.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Rewards in ranked are amazing. That along is worth always doing ranked and never doing unranked.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Ranked matches people tend to throw less, and when you win you make other people lose rating which stokes the fire of competition in some of us. Rage chat is also hilarious. Losing teaches you humility and patience.

The most important reason is the pip reward system, it’s where all my gold and transmutation charges come from. I simply don’t understand how I can spend 90 charges over 2 days, so I constantly have to come back to play. Must be a bug or something?

Unranked quality sways wildly and people will give up halfway through since there’s no rating to drop and no consequence to badmouthing. There are also guild teams looking for easy wins farming puggers while in voice chat, so unless you like thug life way too much you shouldn’t be here unless off-season.

If OP is enjoying his time in the rage-forum-post-inducing Unranked, why stop him?

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I level reward tracks faster in pvp than I do in WvW.

With how they match players, I just go in play, and that’s about it. You’re either going to win or lose by a wide margin so it doesn’t really matter much to me.

Really I’d like to see more transparency with pvp. Let me see my team and my opponents team average MMR.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

A pvp player does not need ascended gear, no legendarys, almost no money. All the “rewards” for the PVP are totally useless.

Therefore, play what is more fun for you.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Ziggityzog.7389

I enjoying killing and battles in pvp i have no need of random pvp items or anything pve that is in pvp from the “Season” pvp. Reward track is just a extra thing for me to get rewards from. My reward is the tears of my opponent or a battle scar to learn from.

It sucks anet has catered to the f2p and pve crowd thus ruining pvp for a majority of pvp playyers. The most toxic people i know are the pve reward hunters in ranked and the “top” players lol. So why torment myself in ranked when i can play unranked stronghold and carry a team of pugs vs a 5 man premade team. Hell the community is nicer in unranked. If i play conqcrap I’m at the mercy of my special needs random teammates. Only real pvp is TDM like gw1 but anet has wasted too much time on contrash by now. If we had 3 or 4 TDM maps that were good and not the half butt made courtyard pvp would be thriving.

If they only the devs had realized long ago that conquest is a horrible noncompetitive pvp mode that had no chance in ESL. Anet was too busy on more flashy crap maps, pve, but mainly the gem store.

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I enjoying killing and battles in pvp i have no need of random pvp items or anything pve that is in pvp from the “Season” pvp. Reward track is just a extra thing for me to get rewards from. My reward is the tears of my opponent or a battle scar to learn from.

It sucks anet has catered to the f2p and pve crowd thus ruining pvp for a majority of pvp playyers. The most toxic people i know are the pve reward hunters in ranked and the “top” players lol. So why torment myself in ranked when i can play unranked stronghold and carry a team of pugs vs a 5 man premade team. Hell the community is nicer in unranked. If i play conqcrap I’m at the mercy of my special needs random teammates. Only real pvp is TDM like gw1 but anet has wasted too much time on contrash by now. If we had 3 or 4 TDM maps that were good and not the half butt made courtyard pvp would be thriving.

If they only the devs had realized long ago that conquest is a horrible noncompetitive pvp mode that had no chance in ESL. Anet was too busy on more flashy crap maps, pve, but mainly the gem store.

I’m with you there. If PvP in GW2 has a major shortcoming, it’s lack of game modes. Conquest is fun and all, but I am puzzled by their adherence to only that one mode. Is it too difficult to balance between multiple game modes when they seem to struggle with balance as it is?

Why bother with ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

A pvp player does not need ascended gear, no legendarys, almost no money. All the “rewards” for the PVP are totally useless.

Therefore, play what is more fun for you.

I cashed in my gold for gems and got multi character inventory slots and a copper fed salvage tool.