Why can't every class be more like warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

As it is now warrior is the only class that actually follows the philosophy of the combat system we have in gw2. All their important skills (pin down, earthshaker, backbreaker, eviscerate to name a few) are telegraphed, easily avoidable with dodges, blinds, blocks or whatever defenses you have but they wreck you if you mess up, react to slow or just don’t have any defenses left.

In the past stuff like pin down without animation or throwing impale behind you got nerfed/fixed/whatever. Now imagine there would be no offensive instant stuff at all in this game. No steal, no smite condi, no arcanas and all that stuff. No geomancy/doom or air/fire. Imagine everything that hurts would actually be telegraphed.

This game would actually be good and random dodging would go from being the thing that wins you duels by avoiding stuff like steal, overcharged shot, corrupt boon, geo/doom swaps or just delaying procs like IP or air/fire to something you should never do because it’s completly unneccesary.

I guess such a big rework will never happen and the stupid sigils are here to stay as well but I can dream right?

Attachments:

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Remember the thread where someone asked what cast times can “reliably” be dodged/interupted?

-0.5s top players , if theyre totally waiting for it , even then not always
-0.75s same just more normal players, like just look – poeple still get hit by pin down half times
-1s+ here where anything can always be interupted if u have CD ready

Now take a look at your skil bar and tell me if you se anything above 0.75s…. (i do since #justnecrothings )

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I agree with OP.

Too much instant damage/CC .

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Well problem here is that it would also draw out fights massively, it’s not #esports level to dodge and kite around. Saying that I do agree rng damage is not good and bit too much power creep.

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Was actually wishing the warrior skills were not so telegraphed, but I actually think the OP’has a better point its the other classes, particularly ranged classes with no cast times that are imba.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

Surprisingly no one support this thread.
I have been talking about this on my stream in the past year, in regards that all the big skills with instant cast needs to go. (Especially one with cc and short cds)

For example: Thief’s “Steal”, Nerco’s “Doom” and “Reaper’s Mark”, Engi’s “Overcharged Shot”, Nightmare Rune’s “Passive Fears”, and many more.

These skills I normally called “unpredictable skills”, which you have to rely on “random dodges” and your own “experienced prediction” to dodge these skills. These skills are also known as game changers if you did not dodge them. Is it required any player efforts to land those skills? Absolutely not.

From the OP’s point of view, he did point out some good example on how to make this game better. Use warrior as an example, all the “Big skills” are telegraphed and can be dodged easily if you play well. In other hand if you don’t play well, you are not going to win your fight against warriors.

A-Net seriously needs to take a look of those skills that I mentioned above and think about if these skills are healthy for this game or not.

Regards.

Anas Tarcis

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Yes. warrior used to be the most balanced class.
The class it’self does not have tons of crazy instant teleporting ranged mechanics.

You react to enemy’s moves and try to counter them. and release your telegraphed counterable moves. Melee are melee and ranged are ranged, non of the attacks are too crazy and out of no where with all the flashiness. specially the good old bullcharge hundred blade greatsword/longbow build, with one limited readable CC, one stab, one blind, one immo.

The most fun i had was dueling a warrior. If you ever see a good dueling between two good greatsword/longbow warrior, that’s what i call reaction time and skills and counter plays and positioning and epicness….non of those instant RNG BS random proc stuff.

the 2nd build i had the most fun fighting is shatter. not lock down, not mantra. just pure team shatter, because their moves are readable as well, close to a warrior.

Since when warrior was free point trash tier, i’ve been telling anet to balance the classes around warrior, but no, they balance warrior around other classes with all crazy mechanics and kittens.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Always believed this was the method to be followed. Tells need to be placed on, like tarcis said, game changer skills. Pin downs change was great, the future change to ranger Pb shot and I hope they do the same with other classes certain skills both passive and active.

Säïnt