Why can't i store multiple of the same item on the PvP Locker?

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

seriously, i can’t see how this would do any harm. it was on beta, so at some point ANet looked at it and said “no, let’s take that out”.

the problem with this is that now, unless you do some extremely obnoxious work with mule characters, PvE bank, and constant going back and forth with character select, you can’t have two characters wearing the same item.

got a repeat that you like? well shame, either salvage it to free up space or put it on your bank, because the locker won’t accept two of the same item.

is there even any reasoning behind this, other than annoying PvP players that play with more than one character or, god forbid, dual wield the same weapon type?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: Weapon X.5163

Weapon X.5163

Agreed, i got 2 awesome looking mace’s….and now i have to keep one in my bag…Same thing for armor, if you have 2 heavy armor classes, you can only have one set at a time? Makes no sence, unless in the future you will have to buy the ability…LOL.

in PvP

Posted by: Olkyr.4821

Olkyr.4821

I am very confused… why do you want the 2nd item? If you want it for 2 characters, then wear it on 1, put it in the locker and wear it on another. If you only worry about 1 character, why would you ever need the 2nd unless its a DW item?

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

I am very confused… why do you want the 2nd item? If you want it for 2 characters, then wear it on 1, put it in the locker and wear it on another. If you only worry about 1 character, why would you ever need the 2nd unless its a DW item?

This is exactly what i was going to say. You want a fix to a problem that does not exist.

Setnnex-Necro

in PvP

BrunoBRS.5178

do i really have to answer this? aside from the part where you already answered with “it’s a DW item”.

people like change. there are plenty of great weapon and armor designs in GW2, and people like to change up their look every now and then. the current locker system hinders that by putting in a barrier that has no other benefits, only drawbacks. a barrier, might i reinstate, that was put only recently.

so, for example’s sake, let’s say i have this really cool sword. two of them. but i play a thief, so i can only use one. that’s ok, no problem, i’ll store the other. but then i make a warrior that dual wields swords. every time i want to play PvP with the look i want, i have to log into one character, store the items on the bank (not the locker), go back to the mists, log out, log back in with the other character, leave the mists, get the items in the bank, go back to the mists, and equip the item.

every, single, time.

and why? because if i have two swords, i can’t just store them in the PvP locker, and if i finally get a third, that problem is solved, UNTIL i make a guardian, or a ranger, or a mesmer. then it’s back to swapping crap around through the bank in lion’s arch.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

/agree with bruno
I can’t think of any reason they’d do this. Especially awkward for dual wielding.

in PvP

Posted by: Neara.4378

Neara.4378

The locker took 250 of each item at some point in beta. Why it doesn’t work anymore should be quite obvious.

in PvP

BrunoBRS.5178

Neara.4378

The locker took 250 of each item at some point in beta. Why it doesn’t work anymore should be quite obvious.

no, it’s not obvious, otherwise i wouldn’t have posted the topic.

so please, enlighten us.

in PvP

Posted by: Spanners.3904

Spanners.3904

For duel wielding weapons this is just so silly, put more stacking please!

in PvP

Posted by: Llawrence.8926

Llawrence.8926

I agree, I really think this is something that needs to be adjusted in some way. Right now, it’s a pain.

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

There were technical reasons why we had to implement it this way, but thank you for voicing your ideas and opinions.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Tallman.5193

Tallman.5193

There were technical reasons why we had to implement it this way, but thank you for voicing your ideas and opinions.

I think most of us are just confused because in the beta weekends, you allowed us to store multiple PvP skins in the lockers without a hitch. Could you explain to us the technical reasons why you’re not allowing this anymore? I think a lot of us would be a lot more understanding if we knew why – it’s just legitimately confusing to me, it’s really quite tedious to juggle all of these items.

Briggs – Wolf PvP-Tier Engineer, Champion Genius, Mercenary

Representing Legit Guild [LG] for life on Fort Aspenwood. Send me a tell in-game!

in PvP

Posted by: Pie Formation.8196

Pie Formation.8196

At the very least, being able to access the PvE bank from the heart of the mists would make this much less painful.

Miyazawa Kengo — Nefarious Mushroom Plan [gasp] — Stormbluff Isle
“Come! Break your weapons upon me!”

in PvP

Posted by: Nisshoku.3479

Nisshoku.3479

I think most of us are just confused because in the beta weekends, you allowed us to store multiple PvP skins in the lockers without a hitch. Could you explain to us the technical reasons why you’re not allowing this anymore? I think a lot of us would be a lot more understanding if we knew why – it’s just legitimately confusing to me, it’s really quite tedious to juggle all of these items.

Let’s suppose that the server stores the amount you have of each item as an 8 bit number. That’s 8 times less memory they have to use for storing each and every single players pvp locker.

Just a theory though, probably not correct because I don’t think they’re aching for the memory space

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

No. No. Just, no. Don’t waste his time by asking for some technical explanation that you won’t even fully understand. The only relevant question because it wasn’t clear is “Is this a bug then that will be fixed at some point, or is the technical limitation a permanent one?”.

(edited by milo.6942)

in PvP

Posted by: Tallman.5193

Tallman.5193

Let’s suppose that the server stores the amount you have of each item as an 8 bit number. That’s 8 times less memory they have to use for storing each and every single players pvp locker.

Just a theory though, probably not correct because I don’t think they’re aching for the memory space

Okay, if it was something like that, then I suppose I could see why it was offered in the beta events and not on live release. Thanks for the example.

milo.6942

No. No. Just, no. Don’t waste his time by asking for some technical explanation that you won’t even fully understand. The only relevant question because it wasn’t clear is “Is this a bug then that will be fixed at some point, or is the technical limitation a permanent one?”.

There’s no need to be rude, I was just asking a question.

Briggs – Wolf PvP-Tier Engineer, Champion Genius, Mercenary

Representing Legit Guild [LG] for life on Fort Aspenwood. Send me a tell in-game!

in PvP

Posted by: kurrata.6427

kurrata.6427

we live in 2012 that isn’t a issue unless someone kittened up

in PvP

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

I’m sure there has to be some way to do it so once you get the item you don’t need to get it again, or to allow multiple “slots” of each item in the locker.