Why can't we hide our own PvP Division yet?

in PvP

Posted by: Silvyy.8743

Silvyy.8743

Why can’t we toggle our own PvP Division logos yet? I’m not here for people to whine at me saying it doesn’t matter bla bla bla. The point being that I and a Large number of players won’t even touch Ranked anymore because we don’t want to feel pressured to get to diamond+ tier after just playing 1 ranked match. It would be so easy to treat these like titles and make them toggle able from the achievements or PvP panel and it would make a large amount of players happy and courage more to do ranked so why hasn’t it been done yet?

in PvP

Posted by: JPUlisses.8756

JPUlisses.8756

Hide AP and hide masteries?
Hide gear and Legendary Insights?
Hide Agony resist?

Otherwise you feel the pressure to get those and not look bad?

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Could just ignore it/not give a kitten. Let your actions in game do the talking.

If people want to moan at you/exclude you due to year another meaningless token (just like AP, wvw rank and so on) then that’s their loss and problem.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I really don’t like the idea of this, to be honest I think more of your ingame achievements should be shown next to your name, not less. For example I would love my AP to be shown next to my name. If nobody can see what you have achieved, why even bother doing it? In my opinion, Anet needs to stop worrying about ‘toxicity’ between players and allow many of a player’s achievements in game to be seen by others. It would certainly encourage me to do more. The only reason I even started playing pvp when leagues began is because of the symbol next to my name and the AP it gave.

I do understand why you would want to hide it but it shouldn’t make you feel pressured to get to legendary. There are loads of Amber/emerald/sapphire players and every good player know that divisions have absolutely nothing to do with skill. no one is going to say anything or even think anything about you when they see you and about 30 others standing around you with the same amber division symbol next to their name other than that you haven’t played much this season. You get matched with people of your division anyway so there is no problem there either.

OP, can I ask what exactly it is that makes you feel ‘pressured’ to reach higher divisions because I can’t see a reason for it.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

A good pvp player knows that those badges are meaningless

you just queued for hours with a premade to get it

in PvP

Posted by: GhostAirborne.6872

GhostAirborne.6872

yess, let’s remove titles, skins, dyes, AP and everything that distinguishes one player from another. Maybe also remove all races except human. And leave guard as the only profession. Perfect, no one is judging you because no one plays this kitten.

base64_decode(‘R2gwc3Q=’)

in PvP

Silvyy.8743

You are all so stupid its unbelievable, What part of the word toggle did you not understand?

in PvP

Silvyy.8743

Hide AP and hide masteries?
Hide gear and Legendary Insights?
Hide Agony resist?

Otherwise you feel the pressure to get those and not look bad?

Hey kitten head, Masteries aren’t visible in PvP, You can Hide and pick whatever gear you want, Agony resist is not broadcast above your head at all

in PvP

Silvyy.8743

Also why in the world did a mod move this to PvP and out of discussions? My issue is that it is visible in PvE this has nothing to do with PvP interface

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Wow, calm down there, care bear.